Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (38243 Views)

South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Bus Conductors Association Of Nigeria Endorses Buhari For A 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Aboki99(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Can you refer me to the link of the news of him denouncing Islam. Pls do and put me to shame.
And is there anyone cursed besides he who is defrauded by entrepreneurs parading themselves as men of God. One who does not practice what his scriptures preaches becoz he is deceived that once he claims by word of mouth that "a man approved of God" was Lord and "begotten son of..." would make heaven? One who does not have morality or conscience? Who who began to wear cloth as recently as 20th century? One who does what he wants under the pretext that someone had died for his sins?

Enceladus:

You are very delusional sir. So anybody born in Kano is cursed and doomed to a life of suppression ? The guy denounced your faith period or does the law apply to everybody living in Kano including any oyinbos?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Ethanuella: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Aboki99:
There is a blasphemy law in Kano. This guy is a Kano man who allegedly committed blasphemy and was tried and convicted by a competent court of jurisdiction.

What you just said is your personal opinion not backed up by any law. For you to condemn this conviction you have to provide evidence to the contrary. Anything else is ur personal opinion which does not count before the law. You can abuse the north or northerners all you want but you have to agree that there is a blasphemy law in Kano.

You don't just sit down in Aba or Lagos (where petty thieves who might have hurt just a single person are burnt alive ) and start claiming holier than thou. Remove the mountain of dirt in your own eyes b4 hypocritically attempting to complain about the speck in other ppls eyes. Put your house in order first. I am a muslim and I agreed and signed up to the terms that if and whenever I commit blasphemy, death is my punishment. Then who are you to complain for something I voluntarily chose to signed up to which concerns u not. Or do you love me and my life more than I love my self?! Face your front and maintain your lane jare!

He is an atheist. He renounced Islam a while ago
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by P1PrinceKT(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Coronabirus:
If not because of extreme bigotry and hypocrisy against Islam why should someone talk about Sharia sentence pass to a person who clearly knows the jurisdiction of his action, in the south if a person still common garri or steal small things they burn them alive & they enjoy doing it in totality.

Because this is not the issue of Islam or religion.
Also Because thier hatred is directly to Islam simple.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Bimpe29: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Blasphemy is bad and condemnable.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Wize1: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
kikero:
The result of mixing religion with politics and government

Of course this comes from our secular system of justice not working well, which drove a lot of people to consider Islamist justice.

It is sad really.

So the blame is on the “Circular system of justice which doesn’t work well“. Hence, justification for a sectional law which promotes: Stoning another human like yourself to death, or marrying under age kids, amongst others in the year 2020?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by xynerise: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
abbey621:

It is based off of Islam but nothing in the Quran states that you must establish sharia law, just like people were stoned in the Bible for being prostitutes or flaunting certain laws, nowadays most countries have grown beyond that.

It's like saying all the people Christianity has killed in the name of religion such as Protestants leaders, those excommunicated by the Pope, Holy Wars etc was as a result of the Bible. While technically true, it is no excuse for continuing the babaric acts!

Why can't the civilized Muslims educate the barbaric ones?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Mursz: 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
grandiose4ever:

You all run away clamoring succession when you should be talking about expelling the North west - A backward zone lacking the will to integrate with the rest.

God bless your intellect you have sense, if I was in your adugbo i would have bought you 1 chilled bottle of whatever brand you drink.

You have just echoed my sentiments, this is exactly what i keep saying, instead of chest beating and trying to force a secession that in a hundred years cannot come to fruition, they should have formed a coalition with the west, it makes for strange bed fellows but the ultimate goal still remains and it moves it ever more achievable.

The west needs to the sold on the idea of a secession, there is no united front, it is imperative to state that we cannot live in unison in this country given the ideologies of the people from the core north. We need to expunge people with such credo’s from our mist to become great again. we have a common enemy, and as the saying goes “ The enemy of my enemy is my friend “

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by P1PrinceKT(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Alot of Right-thinking Christians are in support of this Judgement.

While miscreants living in other part of the country at the same time hiding behind their screen (Cowards) are doing alot of insults
miss-achieviously
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Aboki99(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Prove your allegation by supplying evidence if you are truthful.

Ethanuella:

He is an atheist. He renounced Islam a while ago

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
mohammed have started again,the guy is just a mad blood sucking prophet

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
Did these lawyers go to schools in Nigeria?

Is there a different set of law these Muslim lawyers studied different from other Nigerian lawyers?

Imagine one of them being a legal personality that can influence laws in Nigeria?

That Is how we further get drawn back!

Bloodthirsty religious cannibals.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
xynerise:

Why can't the civilized Muslims educate the barbaric ones?

Same reason the good hearted Nigerians have not stopped the scamming/evil ones from destroying our country. It took Christianity over 700 years to rectify their babaric ways, hopefully the same will happen in the Islamic world sooner or later.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by rasheed442(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
Shit hole country...
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by duality(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Is this different from what shikau of Boko Haram have been preaching about?

They are all in sync jare

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by jaggabban: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chosen1984:
How I wish the Eyes and Understanding of People will be Open to see God Almighty Reaction to what His Creatures are trying to do..

All the same! My Admonishment to this Brother is to see this as a Privilege Death.

Confess all Sins, Surrender Completely to Jesus and just let them do their thing. I assure Him that if He does this, He will be Received into the Loving Arms of My Daddy in Heaven..
Go and tell him where he is. Don't disturb us.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Wize1:

So the blame is on the “Circular system of justice which doesn’t work well“. Hence, justification for a sectional law which promotes: Stoning another human like yourself to death, or marrying under age kids, amongst others in the year 2020?

Well, our secular system of justice has plenty issues (awaiting trial for years , corruption, not enough judges, prolonged cases, poorly handled evidence, etc).

The truth is , if our secular system was working well, there probably won't have been demand for Shari'a really.

Thats why we have to elect politicians who would make our secular system of justice run well , so that there would be no demand for religion in governance, especially Islamist.

Maybe if our secular system was run well in the first instance, there might have been zero demand for Shari'a law, or it would have stayed in the realm.of personal, not creep into criminal.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Ethanuella: 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
Aboki99:
Prove your allegation by supplying evidence if you are truthful.

So you expect a newspaper or other media publication(s) just for denouncement of faith?

Why does YOUR religion always have to make things complicated?

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Comedian2019: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Racoon:
Religion is truly the opium of the masses.Commiting crime in the name of a god.It's unthinkable we're cohabiting with these brutes.So divide this useless contraption of a nation.
Be specific, it's Islam we are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by frainc(m): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
[s]
Coronabirus:
YOUR MIND IS STILL ENSLAVED WITH YOUR FELLOW MASTERS, NORTHERNERS HAVE THEIR WAY OF LIFE WHICH NO COLONIAL BRITISH COULD CHANGE FOR THEIR WAY.

Over 700yrs back there was Islam in Northern Nigeria. Northerners accepted Islam through trade with Arabs which they usually meet at Senegal, Mali, Niger and other Sahel nations and that was how it propagated to Yoruba lands in Nigeria. But some bigots always create evil theories about the religion they know nothing about saying Usman Danfodio gave us Islam with sword, Islam was in the North centuries before Usman Danfodio's father was born. Danfodio only restored the true virtue of Islam & fought the then emirs ruling contrary to Islam teachings and propagated the religion.
When white people came (the explorers, missionaries and colonial masters what amazed them was the complete system of government in the North. Northerners were found educated, they could read and write using Arabic inscription, they've religious and community leaders at all level, they had good looking traditional attire. That was why it's easy for them to rule in the North. Northerners fought dirty, lost a lot of soldiers before being defeated by the British army. Unlike other part of this nation that accepted everything white man came with. They didn't have proper clothes to cover themselves, they didn't have religion, they only had traditional rulers that only extend their leadership in small settlements instead of larger society. No wonder they feel comfortable dressing half naked in the name of civilization despite being unacceptable in their religious book, no wonder they always worship whites and emulate anything they come with. Only few northerners were victims of slave trade as a result of strong leadership put in place.
Many bigots here are alleging that North is the beneficiary of amalgamation not knowing that North sacrificed a lot to stay united. We uphold Sharia system (Islamic constitution) we practice many decades before the coming of British which is now limited to only States and National laws supercede Sharia laws.
Christians traditions are adopted in the name of National Anthem and other government body organs anthem. We used to go to work from Saturday to Wednesday and compromised to the colonial system of Monday to Friday. Despite the fact that in Islam we're enjoined to go to mosque on Fridays but no where in the Bible where it's mentioned for Christians to go to church on Sundays.
[/s]

That thing you typed is JARGONS
You said a white man brought Christianity to Southern part of the country and your Islam has been existing before the arrival of the white people, okay
The Arabs who brought islam to Africa are what? Black?
or are Arabs no more white?

what your post claim that Christians are suffering from is also what Islam is suffering from, slavery mentality

White men came to Africa and succeeded in enslaving you both (Christianity and Islam) mentally and left you with confusion

find your root and save yourself from mental slavery

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by chakula: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
zangaozanga:
mohammed have started again,the guy is just a mad blood sucking prophet
I doubt much if you are really following the footsteps of Jesus, quite sure his teaching is contarary with what you displayed here. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=abbey621 post=93360811]

Same reason the good hearted Nigerians have not stopped the scamming/evil ones from destroying our country. It took Christianity over 700 years to rectify their babaric ways, hopefully the same will happen in the Islamic world sooner or later.[/quote)
Your identity is unidentified.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by dontai(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Greatzeus:
Okay, I respect everyone decision to worship anything or anyone he or she desires. But what did he say exactly? Did they have a list of words considered blasphemous or who determines what is blasphemous or not.
Please fellows, respect other people's belief,if you don't accept your faith or worship,leave them to their belief. Stop saying trash about other people's religion to avoid stories that touch, especially if you live in the North.
You don't just get it. He's a Muslim.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Lizzydonnah(f): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pymetrics:

Not every part of Nigeria is secular. Sharia law is recognized by Nigeria for some states. That's why I said no the law of your land before you speak.

Let's assume the musician was not arrested or sue to court, is it proper for someone to just open his mouth and say negatives and derogatory words about sacred being of other people's religion? No one has even condemned the guy for what he did. He's completely wrong either with sharia or no any law.
Look at you, so the next thing is for them to kill him? As if Muslims don't speak ill of Jesus
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Excuses: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
barojana:

This is where you all get it wrong!
Religion is not the problem, but Islam... There are 4300 religions out there, majority of which has been modified and adapted to modern realities.

Out of the 7 major religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confusianism, Judaism - only Islam still behaves so primitive like it were still in the 1100AD.

Naturally, when religions are woven intricately into the fabric of politics, disaster would always happen. And this can be proven well by Christianity which was a highly peaceful and persecuted faith only to become a powerhouse, and then some people began to use it as a tool of oppression.

However, Christians by themselves undid the errors of polluting Christianity with politics by forcing a separation of state and the church, and Christianity went back to sanity and could once more became an outreach faith. This change was led by Christians and not outsiders!

The problem with Islam is that it has always been designed to be a state powered religion because it's proponents understand that reason and logic are the greatest threats to its existence.

Islam is the major threat this world faces at this moment. We in Africa understand it, the Asians understand it. I hope the West don't understand it too late.

I wonder! why make people hate your religion..

The main reason why China has locked down millions of uighur Muslims in re-education camps. The essence is to format their ideologies..

The world has labelled them terrorists..constantly in most countries because of their activities.

I complained to my Yoruba Muslim friend why would they want to make others hate their religion..He told me point blank the HAUSA man is the problem,that they are viewd as fake Muslims...their local imams are the worst raping small boys & defying under age girls...

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by xynerise: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
abbey621:

Same reason the good hearted Nigerians have not stopped the scamming/evil ones from destroying our country. It took Christianity over 700 years to rectify their babaric ways, hopefully the same will happen in the Islamic world sooner or later.

You think the same will happen in the Islamic world? How many years now?
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Wize1: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pymetrics:

Not every part of Nigeria is secular. Sharia law is recognized by Nigeria for some states. That's why I said no the law of your land before you speak.

Let's assume the musician was not arrested or sue to court, is it proper for someone to just open his mouth and say negatives and derogatory words about sacred being of other people's religion? No one has even condemned the guy for what he did. He's completely wrong either with sharia or no any law.

Oga, stop defending what is not and open your head for once. This is the problem of being judgemental and blinded by religion. By you argument, even you yourself should have been shot dead many times. No God anywhere asked you to kill another human being for him! Stop being a simpleton. Nobody deserves to die (by stoning, hanging, or whatever means) just because of religion. Despite the Education, some of you are so wicked and vindictive. How come these laws only apply to poor helpless people in Nigeria. What is the penalty for stealing a goat in Sharia? Yet, Ganduje was caught live on Camera stealing several thousands in USD (that can buy lorries of goat), did sharia do anything to him? Can you swear that you have never committed any sin that violates sharia? Did you submit yourself for punishment? Have El Rufai, Ganduje, Atiku’s kids not violated sharia severally? Are they dead? Stop letting religious bigotry blind your sense of compassion and humanity for crying out loud.

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Switch07(m): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Pymetrics:

Hmmm....you think you're smart with what you type you talk about not everywhere practice the Nigeria constitution are you trying to tell me the sharia law is bigger than the constitution, what's sacred about islam if Muhammed can't fight for himself why kill some one because of an historical religion figure, it you want to practice your sharia let just divide Nigeria so we all know where we stand look at what the best Mind in the north have to say about blasphemy in 21st century

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Dayvidblue: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
HigherEd:

SOURCE

I am compelled by my conscience to condem this babaric act, but I guess I have to forgo conscience and play the game I have learnt from my fellow country men.

Let the fellow be killed it's none of my business.
If the noth chooses to have all her people killed/maimed let them reach out to me for suggestions on how to carry this out on an industrial scale.
I am certain the fellow wouldn't blink an eyelid if it were a "southern infidel" walking down the gallows.
The less of them we have the better.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by P1PrinceKT(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
Can you stand a witness that he hasn't been told that.

Changes were made in the bible that you may hardly made a distinction between the actual verse and the corrections.

chakula:
I doubt much if you are really following the footsteps of Jesus, quite sure his teaching is contarary with what you displayed here. Shame!
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by reubenobi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Religion of the devil!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
USELESS PEOPLE!
USELESS RELIGION!!
ISLAAMBAD

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili's Husband, Chike Is Laid To Rest (Pictures) / Ijaw Youths Criticize Buhari’s Comment On Termination Of Amnesty / Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.