Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060643 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 09, 2015
kcheerful:
please I have a valid US visa. I was in US twice last year. In April for 3 weeks and then in NOvember for 1 week.
I want to go on an easter vacation with my 3 children ages 12, 10, 7.
My husband won't be going with us on this trip cos of work demands and he doesn't have a visa yet.
What are our chances and the likely questions to expect.
Thank you.
have you taken them on a trip out of nigeria before?
In my opinion I think you are safe to go sha
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2015
bukolacole:
. Thanks so much for your correction, but to be frank, I have not insulted or disrespect her in any form, if you have the time, go to her page and see how have always appreciated her and I still do till now, in short I never meant to be rude to such a kind person and it has been made clear my step mother is the only one been denied and not all of us, you also mentioned we colluded with her which is not. Please just advice or time frame expectations for the problem to be over, thanks once more.
I equally thought you were all denied, apparently if i'll quote you it means you have been exonerated and your step mother is left in the whole charade right?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 1:16am On Mar 09, 2015
yes.
we spent our 2013 Christmas in Accra Ghana and last Christmas in Cape coast also in Ghana.
can you please help with ideas of responses to give when asked "what and why" the US visit.
Is there any particular supporting document I need to hold?
A friend advised they go in their school's uniforms.
what's your take on wearing school uniforms or home clothes.
thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 09, 2015
kcheerful:
yes.
we spent our 2013 Christmas in Accra Ghana and last Christmas in Cape coast also in Ghana.
can you please help with ideas of responses to give when asked "what and why" the US visit.
Is there any particular supporting document I need to hold?
A friend advised they go in their school's uniforms.
what's your take on wearing school uniforms or home clothes.
thank you
I don't know about the whole school uniform issue but if it's a school day wear uniform for them and as per responses you simply tell the v.o that since you have been there without them you will like to go along with them to visit places like Disney land and the rest (do assignment on places you can take children to in any state you pick, preferably that state you have visited twice) and your account statement too might be needed but they probably might not request for any document but it is better to be prepared than to be under-prepared, you are simply going on a vacation with them, and they might ask why the father isn't going along with you and the kids so be prepared to answer that too
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks so much Chloe7.
For my husband can I simply say he works with a FMCG company (GUINNESS NIG PLC) and festive periods are their peak so he wont be able to have time off work then but we are planning another vacation in summer which he's sure to be a part of.
As per the state, I already submitted their DS160 before seeing this thread and I didn't pick one of the states I had visited,
I previously visited New York, DC and Maryland but I filled in Houston.
The reason for Houston is I hear they have a nice weather and I love to be there too. Hope it doesn't matter.
I have done a lot of research on places of interest to visit in Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Houston zoo, children's museum, We did take a Houston tour too.
I filled in my husband name in their DS160 as the person sponsoring the trip. Would I need to hold my statement of account too or my husband's own alone would be fine.

what do you think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thomaskofo: 8:39am On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kino47: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2015
hello guyz i got it but i have a little problem after i did my biometrics my passport and passport photograph was returned to me after then i went for the interview and the visa was granted but to my suprise my passport photo fell off and i saw it fallen immediately i notified the visa officer and he gave me back that i can have it abeg na which picture won dey ontop my visa embarassed really worried.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukolacole(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2015
chloe7:
I equally thought you were all denied, apparently if i'll quote you it means you have been exonerated and your step mother is left in the whole charade right?
. Yes, but we are thinking of waiting for her if the issue won't take time, which is why I want to know the time frame for such issue to be cleared, because her four years old baby is also freed, and the mother will like to travel with her kid, though my dad has said he will mail them to go on with our Visas, am delaying his decision, just to find out how long it takes, Thanks for your concern and care for all here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:09am On Mar 09, 2015
Kcheerful. Expect all the regular questions plus why isn't hubby travelling with you and do u have his consent to travel with the kids. Means you should carry a letter of consent signed by him.

To the person asking about tribe,Chino I think, biko how can you belonging or not to a clan /tribe deprive u of visa? U fill the one that is applicable to u. In case the word clan confuses u, lemme clarify. Mr A is from Lagos state. Inside Lagos his village is Isale Eko. Now inside Isale Eko there are clusters of families that call themselves a clan egs the Oloyede clan. So do u have one? Give the appros answer.

Kino47 u had a chance to give the passport back to the VO then, why didn't U? Go back to the embassy and pray the security will allow u in.

@qwojo in Ghana, please read back on the thread. The documents are not exhaustive but several have been mentioned
Re: Usa Visit Visa by qwojo: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2015
yes I know but I wanna know if I should make it a manager visiting his business partner which is my CEO or I should make it a studnt vacation visit or I can combine both
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2015
qwojo:
yes I know but I wanna know if I should make it a manager visiting his business partner which is my CEO or I should make it a studnt vacation visit or I can combine both
Its always best to keep your US application simple. Either you go as a student or a worker.Now the B1 visa does not allow u to work in the states and I do not know whether visiting your business partner will ne classified as work. So I suggest you go as a student whilst having a tangible reason why a student wants to travel.
Are you married? How old are you? What are your ties to your home country.
On the alternative, if your business is doing well, why don't you just travel as a business man simply going on holiday?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kino47: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2015
hello guys sequel to my earlier message i need your professional advise and experience
i got the visa but i have a little problem after i did my biometrics my intl passport and passport photograph was returned to me after then i went for the interview and the visa was granted but to my suprise my passport photo fell off and i saw it fallen immediately i notified the visa officer and he gave me back that i can have it abeg na which picture won come dey ontop my visa embarassed am really worried.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by qwojo: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2015
yeah? and the business is a new pharmaceutical business where by am gong there to bring more products from my boss to fill the company & and am 21 years , am not married, I dont have any ties at home apart from my school and my money in the bank which 15000 ghana cedis...which I think will be okay as a student...or business man.....thats how I wanna do it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2015
kcheerful:
Thanks so much Chloe7.
For my husband can I simply say he works with a FMCG company (GUINNESS NIG PLC) and festive periods are their peak so he wont be able to have time off work then but we are planning another vacation in summer which he's sure to be a part of.
As per the state, I already submitted their DS160 before seeing this thread and I didn't pick one of the states I had visited,
I previously visited New York, DC and Maryland but I filled in Houston.
The reason for Houston is I hear they have a nice weather and I love to be there too. Hope it doesn't matter.
I have done a lot of research on places of interest to visit in Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Houston zoo, children's museum, We did take a Houston tour too.
I filled in my husband name in their DS160 as the person sponsoring the trip. Would I need to hold my statement of account too or my husband's own alone would be fine.

what do you think?
go with your hubby's own and yours as backup abeg be over prepared for the v.o, just keep rehearsing everything you have filled in your ds-160 and tell them why you choose houston, don't worry you will be fine by God's grace, when is the interview? Also tell the children what to say too because the v.o might just want to ask them a question or two, we never can tell

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2015
bukolacole:
. Yes, but we are thinking of waiting for her if the issue won't take time, which is why I want to know the time frame for such issue to be cleared, because her four years old baby is also freed, and the mother will like to travel with her kid, though my dad has said he will mail them to go on with our Visas, am delaying his decision, just to find out how long it takes, Thanks for your concern and care for all here.
like I always say nobody can say for sure how long it will take, keep in touch with the embassy and be prayerful, but Americans don't take misrepresentation lightly at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
hello guys sequel to my earlier message i need your professional advise and experience
i got the visa but i have a little problem after i did my biometrics my intl passport and passport photograph was returned to me after then i went for the interview and the visa was granted but to my suprise my passport photo fell off and i saw it fallen immediately i notified the visa officer and he gave me back that i can have it abeg na which picture won come dey ontop my visa embarassed am really worried.
they will crop out the one on your international passport biodata page, that should not be a worry, person whey return passport photograph no need am be that, he knows what he is doing
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kino47: 11:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks chloe7 i hope so cos there's no passport photo on the ds 160 that he collected from me embarassed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
Thanks chloe7 i hope so cos there's no passport photo on the ds 160 that he collected from me embarassed
appointment confirmation not ds-160, you already submitted your ds-160 online, your visa will come out o no doubts
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello my people, please can someone tell me the best sate to visit (in term of per time teaching)(teachers )).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks so much chloe7.
Really grateful.
And Amen! to your good wishes.
I'll definitely be back with the good news.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kino47: 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
@LadyGuinivere: i guess you did not read my message properly can you kindly go through it again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
kino47:
@LadyGuinivere: i guess you did not read my message properly can you kindly go through it again.
There's no use my doing that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kino47: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
@LadyGuinivere that grammar that you typed hard me small kindly break it down undecided cry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukolacole(m): 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
chloe7:
like I always say nobody can say for sure how long it will take, keep in touch with the embassy and be prayerful, but Americans don't take misrepresentation lightly at all.
. Thank you so much, am grateful for your help here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
tzetzefly:

Keep your kids with either your in-laws or your parents.
Apply with your wife.
Get ready for the CO, as most of the questions will be directed at your wife.
Have a good reason why she is going with you this time.
Dont worry about the kids, they are in good hands i should believe.
Thanks a lot chief tzetzefly
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jummylizy: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hi my name is jummy I ve a friend she's been given 2yrs visa buh @ point of entry she was given 6mnth she as spent 5 mnth she now decided she wants to come to Nigeria buh people overthere said she can't because she came in with conference but on her visa it was not indicated nd on it it was multiple entry nd its B1B2 my question is is it possible for her to come to Nigeria nd go back pls I nid ans asap
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
jummylizy:
Hi my name is jummy I ve a friend she's been given 2yrs visa buh @ point of entry she was given 6mnth she as spent 5 mnth she now decided she wants to come to Nigeria buh people overthere said she can't because she came in with conference but on her visa it was not indicated nd on it it was multiple entry nd its B1B2 my question is is it possible for her to come to Nigeria nd go back pls I nid ans asap
A multiple entry visa means you can enter the US multiple times. The stamp means she can stay in the US for that trip NOT MORE THAN 6 months.
So to answer your question, yes she can come back to Naija and go back to the US. Though In my personal opinion I'm just wondering what she was doing for 4 months when she said she just went for a conference.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

A multiple entry visa means you can enter the US multiple times. The stamp means she can stay in the US for that trip NOT MORE THAN 6 months.
So to answer your question, yes she can come back to Naija and go back to the US. Though In my personal opinion I'm just wondering what she was doing for 4 months when she said she just went for a conference.[/b]

That is the area border officials will focus on when she is coming back to the US, she will have alot of explanations to make and if her explanations are unsatisfactory they will bounce her back.... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
I intend visiting the US in October. I'm married with kids but I would be travelling alone. The only travel history was an official trip to South Africa for training.

My question is....should I tell the VO that I'm going for tourism (which is actually the purpose). I've learnt from this thread that they see vacation as a family thing.

Also, what would be a valid response to the question of why I am not travelling with my family.

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
shinejackie:

That is the area border officials will focus on when she is coming back to the US, she will have alot of explanations to make or else they will bounce her back.... cool

Don't think so. They approved a stay of 6 months max for that visit. She stay 5 months. Its within time allowed and she has not broken any law. So what is there to fear.

If I stayed that long and the border officials ask why, I will tell him how much I bought ticket and say I wanted to maximize my money....lol!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
tee12345:

Don't think so. They approved a stay of 6 months max for that visit. She stay 5 months. Its within time allowed and she has not broken any law. So what is there to fear.

If I stayed that long and the border officials ask why, I will tell him how much I bought ticket and say I wanted to maximize my money....lol!

Although, 6months was approved, but it makes sense after your conference not to stay for too long, a family friend did same 2months ago and they almost bounce him back , it took extra efforts and series of explanations from him before according to him they reluctantly allow him in, it is difficult to predict how border officials reason and it is always on a case by case basis.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
@Tee, the truth is , border patrol take what you tell them at point of entry very seriously . I doubt the lady said she was staying for 5 months.
Besides, if a person stays for 5 months in another man's land where he'sa not supposed to earn income, it can be inferred that he dosent have a strong tie back home. Having a visa does not guarantee automatic entry o. They can bounce you at the border if there is suspicion of overstaying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.