Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059683 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mumsyfiyin: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
@LadyGuinivere;What advice can you give to a first timer,have only travelled to UK and also a married woman how do I handle the pregnancy question and how best can I respond to why my husband is not travelling with me.

Also I would like to ask is there a way I can view what I entered in my DS form(I have already submitted the form and already have an appointment confirmation) as I can't remember the date I chose to travel.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Nne I think its only neccessary you wait till after a proper legal marriage so you can say circumstances have changed and it might pay you to prepare for birthing interview cos if you go when belle de show well well the VO no go gree say na waka look you de go. The ist time , you said 'travel with fiance' . Now it willl be travel with husband. I also think you should go back to Lagos.
i'm definitely waiting for 90days with this advice. Thank you so much kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Good job bros. I love the confidence.

100dollarbills:
Oghene migwo! Chloe7 migwo! LadyG migwo! Fredoricko migwo! Justwise, tzetzefly, suxes2005, tee12345 and d rest of d team migwoo! grin

I got to Abuja ystday, lodged in a hotel in Garki and got to the embassy by 7:06am for my 8am interview. Entered around 9am and did biometrics around 9:30am.

Oh' boyeeeee!!!! The elderly man wen dey for the last cubicle just dey dash ppl visa like pure water. Na so this babe wen dey cubicle 6 just bone face throway like person wey hin canoe capsize! The bae nor get joy at all....she refused everybody apart from a high-ranking military officer

Charlie! Na so my village winch do am sotey na front of this winch-girlie my number fall...oh' boy na so me look say i nor fit fall warri nation hand for hia na!!! Na so me activate my swagger, kon paddle my canoe go jam am.......

Vo: good morning
Me: (i pack face 4 am too) good morning
Vo: Have u travelled out before?
Me: (shuooo!!! Nor be so i bn dey expect d sequence of d interview) No
Vo: Where r u going in New York
Me: American Museum of Natural History, Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty
Vo: why these places
Me: 'cause i've heard alot 'bout them (Me smile, lick-lick my lips wizkid style, cut am eye she park face throway....all d while i was boning but i looked into her eyes while answering her questions) She bn dey type like say dem born am born keyboard, then i cut in and stopped she said go ahead

Me: New York is just for sight-seeing and shopping. Primarily, my wife and i would like to take our son to Disneyland in Orlando, Florida to give our son a treat for his very first birthday....(She smiled and that was the turning point)
Vo: so where's ur wife or does she have a visa?
Me: Yes, she has a valid visa and my son was born in the US
Vo: Say that again...
Me: i etisalat d yarn
Vo: Where in US was ur son born?
Me: New York
Vo: How much did it cost u?
Me: about $14,000. I've got d receipts here (she nor look my side)
Vo: why didn't u go to the US when ur wife gave birth?
Me: I didn't want to put pressure on my working capital so i got her a maid while she was there
Vo: what do u do?
MesadI bn wan vex ask am say u nor dey fit read my form wen dey ur cumputer?) i'm a business man. I own a company that's into sales and supply of oilfield chemicals and drilling fluids
Vo: How much do earn per month?
Me: i make an average of XXXmillion per month so that comes to about X hundred thousand per month
Vo: oh! So ur office is in Port Harcourt? But u stay in warri?
Me: (Me don paaarrrraaaa! See as she take pronounce a whole Warri nation name murder am! Choiii!)Yes my branch office, i just opened it. My head office is in Warri and i stay in warri
Vo: How many staff do u v and who would look after ur business while u r away?
Me: (e remain small make i say ur papa! Satan punish devil grin ) 19 staffs and i v capable hands I can leave my business for, besides, i can monitor them thru phones and email
Vo: What does ur wife do?
Me: She sells women clothes, human hair and fashon accessories
Vo: Pick up ur visa on thursday....Thanks for coming
Me: Thank you! ( but 4 my mind i bn say Waaaaaarrrri!!!!! See levels! Levels don change)

She did'nt check one single document. I think it's about one's composure and confidence. Then ur ability to look into their eye while answering their questions. And ultimately don't see it as a do-or-die affair. If they had denied i would taken my son to Dubai

Thanks all for the head-ups

Nairalandland Travel Section rocks

#Warrinordeycarrylast#teamsuccess#march4visa#diapapa

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
I mailed the embassy about my son's name and they said i'll need to pay a new visa fee and new appointment.
A friend says I should still try and take him there all the same and hear what they did say directly. Since his names are correct on his appointment page and payment page.
Really confused now
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
I intend visiting the US in October. I'm married with kids but I would be travelling alone. The only travel history was an official trip to South Africa for training.

My question is....should I tell the VO that I'm going for tourism (which is actually the purpose). I've learnt from this thread that they see vacation as a family thing. 

Also, what would be a valid response to the question of why I am not travelling with my family.

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mumsyfiyin:
@LadyGuinivere;What advice can you give to a first timer,have only travelled to UK and also a married woman how do I handle the pregnancy question and how best can I respond to why my husband is not travelling with me.

Also I would like to ask is there a way I can view what I entered in my DS form(I have already submitted the form and already have an appointment confirmation) as I can't remember the date I chose to travel.
I'll start from the 2nd question. Unfortunately, once you submit, that is it. You cannot view it again (Tip: Always print out your form before submitting. Helps you remember details for both the interview and subsequent applications).However, it is highly unlikely you will be asked your exacy date of travel.

Are you pregnant? Do you intend to give birth in the US? Then you have to answer yes if asked. That means your application has to be robust and you need to be prepared. Luckily, there is a NL thread with all the info you need about giving birth in the us and the visa procedure. Even how to get your baby's passport after birth.Carry pen and paper , its a long read but worth it. https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kayraph:
I intend visiting the US in October. I'm married with kids but I would be travelling alone. The only travel history was an official trip to South Africa for training.
My question is....should I tell the VO that I'm going for tourism (which is actually the purpose). I've learnt from this thread that they see vacation as a family thing. 
Also, what would be a valid response to the question of why I am not travelling with my family.
Thank you.

If you don't say tourism then you must tell a lie. Then maintain that lie forever.
Only you can state a valid reason for abandoning your family.
Prehaps something like " I can't afford to pay for them!"
Again truth or lie?
The more lies then the more difficult it is to remember the story.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mumsyfiyin: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
@LadyGuinivere:No I am not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Kayraph(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
worry359:

If you don't say tourism then you must tell a lie. Then maintain that lie forever.
Only you can state a valid reason for abandoning your family.
Prehaps something like " I can't afford to pay for them!"
Again truth or lie?
The more lies then the more difficult it is to remember the story.

Thank you for your response.

However, without sounding boastful, at my level I don't need to lie to get a US visa. The reason for not going with my family is just as you have rightly stated "I can't afford to pay for their trip at the moment"

I have a good job with good pay and high degree of security which I can't abandon and abscond.

I would appreciate more responses.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lizcom25: 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hello People, please i need help. I applied through box for my US visa and was given. Now i want to apply for my 2 kids, how do i go about that. Should open my online login and include them or just open a separate logins for them
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
100dollarbills:
Oghene migwo! Chloe7 migwo! LadyG migwo! Fredoricko migwo! Justwise, tzetzefly, suxes2005, tee12345 and d rest of d team migwoo! grin

I got to Abuja ystday, lodged in a hotel in Garki and got to the embassy by 7:06am for my 8am interview. Entered around 9am and did biometrics around 9:30am.

Oh' boyeeeee!!!! The elderly man wen dey for the last cubicle just dey dash ppl visa like pure water. Na so this babe wen dey cubicle 6 just bone face throway like person wey hin canoe capsize! The bae nor get joy at all....she refused everybody apart from a high-ranking military officer

Charlie! Na so my village winch do am sotey na front of this winch-girlie my number fall...oh' boy na so me look say i nor fit fall warri nation hand for hia na!!! Na so me activate my swagger, kon paddle my canoe go jam am.......

Me: American Museum of Natural History, Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty
Me: 'cause i've heard alot 'bout them (Me smile, lick-lick my lips wizkid style, cut am eye she park face throway....all d while i was boning but i looked into her eyes while answering her questions) She bn dey type like say dem born am born keyboard, then i cut in and stopped she said go ahead

Me: New York is just for sight-seeing and shopping. Primarily, my wife and i would like to take our son to Disneyland in Orlando, Florida to give our son a treat for his very first birthday....(She smiled and that was the turning point)
Me: I didn't want to put pressure on my working capital so i got her a maid while she was there
MesadI bn wan vex ask am say u nor dey fit read my form wen dey ur cumputer?) i'm a business man. I own a company that's into sales and supply of oilfield chemicals and drilling fluids
Me: i make an average of XXXmillion per month so that comes to about X hundred thousand per month
Me: (Me don paaarrrraaaa! See as she take pronounce a whole Warri nation name murder am! Choiii!)Yes my branch office, i just opened it. My head office is in Warri and i stay in warri
Me: (e remain small make i say ur papa! Satan punish devil grin ) 19 staffs and i v capable hands I can leave my business for, besides, i can monitor them thru phones and email
Me: Thank you! ( but 4 my mind i bn say Waaaaaarrrri!!!!! See levels! Levels don change)

She did'nt check one single document. I think it's about one's composure and confidence. Then ur ability to look into their eye while answering their questions. And ultimately don't see it as a do-or-die affair. If they had denied i would taken my son to Dubai

Dancing electronically. .......
I always knew you'd get it. Congrats bro, or sir? (he don marry ooo)

#AbujaIsTheWay
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 11, 2015
100dollarbills:

this post is a symbol of everything i like about nigerians... confidence and a unique speaking style that is downright hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 11, 2015
100dollarbills:

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bornequally: 5:34am On Mar 11, 2015
Please advise me on what to do,I sign up to book for interview yesterday after while I logged out, to logging again as been the problem, the stuf keep saying error logging. What to do please. If is to contact them give me the phone number or email address.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:20am On Mar 11, 2015
bornequally:
Please advise me on what to do,I sign up to book for interview yesterday after while I logged out, to logging again as been the problem, the stuf keep saying error logging. What to do please. If is to contact them give me the phone number or email address.
Have you tried resetting your password and getting a new one?
01-460-3400, 01-460-3600
LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
100dollarbills:

E be like say nah village prayer carry you enter her side smiley

#DiaPaPaYansh #Iam$100Bill ##ObamaYouGotAVisitor

If these people fit dey interview for we father voice self,
e for better pass all them american tongue!

Seems Abuja is the new US visa haven

Once you're genuine, visa or not, you'll be so confident...

But this usa people ehn, at times, they just don't look
at one's doc... We go para for them one day sha!

Abeg, buy me chocolate, though I no dey naija now,
sha keep am if i come back (God knows when) I go
come collect am

Once again, #DiaFadaYansh smiley

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yvete(f): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can anyone kindly notify me when there's an appointment availability for March or early April at the Abuja embassy?

I already scheduled an interview for a guest on a B1/B2 visa, but April is too far off. Seems like I need to cancel this appointment in order to re-schedule. I don't want to lose this spot.

I'm inviting a relative over here. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
vo:morning
me:fine,good morning to you too
vo:where u going in the us
me:atlanta,georgia
vo:what for?
me:conference on blah blah
vo:ok,what do u do?
me:self employed,i run so so coy,we are into blah blah
vo:tell me how this conference will help you?
me:elaborated more and more
vo:*cuts in*i get you,how long have you been into this buz
me:over 7 years,gave him my cac docs
vo:you have a family?
me:yes,a wife and daughter
vo:cool,ever been out of the country before?
me:yes,was in SA last year January for few days visiting
vo:went with the family?
me:no...tickets were expensive
vo:cool cool,what does your wife do?
me:self employed,she has a store
vo:typed typed typed more,i am very sorry sir i cant issue you this visa,gave me the white paper with my pali bk,please apply again soon

#abuja11/03..8.30am

gutted

will try again later in the year for another conference,i believe my mistake was not elaborating more about what she does but the oyinbo kinda enjoyed it still

goodluck peoples...sorry, best of luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by clarina: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Just want to share my experience because this thread really gave me confidence. I read from beginning to end.
Me:good morning
Vo:goodmorning
Vo: where re going to in USA
Me:new York
Vo:who re u going with
Me:my husband
Vo: oh ur husband already has a visa
Me:yes
Vo:any child
Me: yes.
Ur visa is approved. Come & pick it up on mon & handed me the white paper. I said thank u & left. Not even one document was checked. One important key is to pray for favor. Pray pray pray. If u really want it. talk to God first. Mine has Gods grace & favor written all over it. I saw people with genuine reasons been refused. Even directors of big companies. Also saw ordinary people that were given without much stress. Even one single lady that says she's just going on vacay. One guy also helped me. D guy is so good but above all. Its Gods grace. Thanks to everybody that contributes to this thread for your selfles services. God bless you all

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hi all,
I'm back as promised with the testimony Chloe7.
Went for my children's visa today.
Yesterday was very hectic for me cos I was told I would need to book and pay for another appointment cos of an ommission in one of them's name but a friend asked that I ignore them and go.
So I did.
Me: good morning
V.O: Good morning.
V.o: you're applying for the kids alone?
Me: yes, I have a valid US visa. I was in US twice last yr.
V.o: you're going to houston
Me: yes
V.o: Looked through their passport and turned to my oldest son. How old are you?
My son: 12
V.o: are they going on the trip alone?
Me: no i'm going with them I have a visa.
V.o: you've been to us?
Me: yes
V.o: when was the last time you were in us?
Me: November last year.
V.o: how long did you stay
Me: 1week. It was a business trip
V.o: where did you stay?
Me: whitemarsh, Baltimore.
V.o: what do u do?
Me: I own a school.
V.o: where?
Me: here in Lagos
V.o: is it a primary or secondary?
Me: a nursery, primary, secondary and afterschool.
V.o: how long have you been running it?
Me: I started Oct. 2008 so that makes it 6yrs and 5months.
V.o: who is sponsoring this trip?
Me: my husband
V.o: what does he do?
Me: he's a key accounts manager with GUINNESS nig plc
V.o: he's not going with you on this trip?
Me: NO. He'll be very busy at work.
V.o: did u say keystone?
Me: No. I said GUINNESS nig plc.
V.o: ok. Have they travelled out of the country before?
Me: yes. They were in accra Ghana 2013 December and Capecoast also in Ghana last xmas.
V.o: their visa has been approved. ......

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kcheerful i'm quite excited the kids got the visa, thank God, I hope you and the kids enjoy your vacation when you travel. Cheers kiss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lalavita: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
Best visa interview transcript ever!

100dollarbills:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Thanks chloe7. You're the best! grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by RichEstate(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
good day great people. please i need your advice on how to go about US visa. i am currently in dubai, working on a two years visa(just spent 6months). my questions are1. how do i go about moving to US to work? 2. can i apply from here or need to go back home? whats the % of its success? thank u.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
clarina:
Just want to share my experience because this thread really gave me confidence. I read from beginning to end.
Me:good morning
Vo:goodmorning
Vo: where re going to in USA
Me:new York
Vo:who re u going with
Me:my husband
Vo: oh ur husband already has a visa
Me:yes
Vo:any child
Me: yes.
Ur visa is approved. Come & pick it up on mon & handed me the white paper. I said thank u & left. Not even one document was checked. One important key is to pray for favor. Pray pray pray. If u really want it. talk to God first. Mine has Gods grace & favor written all over it. I saw people with genuine reasons been refused. Even directors of big companies. Also saw ordinary people that were given without much stress. Even one single lady that says she's just going on vacay. One guy also helped me. D guy is so good but above all. Its Gods grace. Thanks to everybody that contributes to this thread for your selfles services. God bless you all
very simple and short. Its God though, congrats and have a nice trip ma'am.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ampretty: 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
hello nairalanders pls how effective is the tracking and retrieve passport system online am yet to get a message on my pick up or is it a thing one shouldn't rely on. though am due for pick up tommorow
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
RichEstate:
good day great people. please i need your advice on how to go about US visa. i am currently in dubai, working on a two years visa(just spent 6months). my questions are1. how do i go about moving to US to work? 2. can i apply from here or need to go back home? whats the % of its success? thank u.
.p

Apply from where u currently are which seem to be where your tie is but what will make the difference will be your job profile, good inflow & out flow in your account, your current position at work, marital status and how the VO will view your overall circumstances..... cool

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by RichEstate(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
thanks. i am single but planning to marry nxt yr. shd i do my wedding and go wit my wife? which is my aim or i shd go bfo marriage?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
shinejackie:
.p

Apply from where u currently are which seem to be where your tie is but what will make the difference will be your job profile, good inflow & out flow in your account, your current position at work, marital status and how the VO will view your overall circumstances..... cool

He wants to go and work o! No be visit visa e de find
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

He wants to go and work o! No be visit visa e de find

Hmmm......that is a long ,long journey and an uphill task for him to climb..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
ampretty:
hello nairalanders pls how effective is the tracking and retrieve passport system online am yet to get a message on my pick up or is it a thing one shouldn't rely on. though am due for pick up tommorow
Not very effective (as at last year june when I tried it)
Pof pof for me wen u de come back smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
kcheerful:
Thanks chloe7. You're the best! grin
smiley God is the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.