Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059660 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Guru in the house, kindly help someone out, a friend asked me this question I don't know what to tell him but I promised to get back to him. He said, going for embassy is it advisable to dress corporate with tie and even use ID card as if his going to office for his daily activities. kindly advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
chincomiowon:
Guru in the house, kindly help someone out, a friend asked me this question I don't know what to tell him but I promised to get back to him. He said, going for embassy is it advisable to dress corporate with tie and even use ID card as if his going to office for his daily activities. kindly advise.
1. Dress comfortable
2. Dress to reflect your career. Eg Suit and tie is to a banker as Smart shirt on top of jeans is to an MTN marketing executive.
If he usually dresses in the above as you asked, cool. If not make e wear what he would wear on a usual work day. No b church abeg smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Attraction: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
I was invited to compete for MR WOrlDwide pageant in Orlando Florida US. I am a banker and contested for MR Nigeria last year. I am sponsoring myself. I am single aand haven't travelled before. My interview is on 30th. The agent who filled my form said there is no place to indicate I am going for Mr Worldwide pageant nd will be representing Nigeria. Please what are my chances and advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Attraction:
I was invited to compete for MR WOrlDwide pageant in Orlando Florida US. I am a banker and contested for MR Nigeria last year. I am sponsoring myself. I am single aand haven't travelled before. My interview is on 30th. The agent who filled my form said there is no place to indicate I am going for Mr Worldwide pageant nd will be representing Nigeria. Please what are my chances and advise.

Hope ur agent filled the right & correct info because sometimes they can ruin ur chances if they try to play smart with wrong info.
As per ur chances, it depends on several factors, most importantly if the VO is convinced/satisfied that u will return back home after ur trip.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Attraction:
Listen to Mr Shine. And your chances will be increased if you ask for a printout of the DS160 before the agent submits. Vet it before he submits and go thru the form.I also hope the MR people sent you an invite and all the neccessary gbogbo e...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks everyone for all your kind assistance.pls I have a question.my aunt wants to visit his son in the states.in her ds 160 form she filled April 1st as her intended date of arrival in US but got the 28th of April as her interview date.pls will this cause issues.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Attraction: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks for a response. The organisers sent an Invitation Letter to me as Nigeria delegate. They stated we will be in an official hotel for 10days 'doubletree seaworld Florida'. There are 46 countries competing. The agent that filled my form said the place for PURPOSE: you can only chose biz or tourism; you can't state explicitly what you going for. The form has been submitted and my interview is on 30th. I. Must come back because I have worked for 5 yrs as a banker and can't forfeit my arrears, I am also developing my land, and marriage on the way. I really want to make it for Mr Worldwide Pageant and do Nigeria proud. Plz I need advise to make my dream come true. I m honest.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
Future Father! U still de this country? Me and Chloe still de wait our puff puff. Yes it will be a problem. Her travel date cannot be before the interview date. If the form hasn't been submitted, kindle edit.

@Attraction 's all good. The form does not have specific purpose, u only state that during the interview. But do make sure to answer exactly what was filled on the form
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Attraction: 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
@LadyGuinivere @Mr Shine: Thanks a lot, I will adhere to that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by judefab: 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Future Father! U still de this country? Me and Chloe still de wait our puff puff. Yes it will be a problem. Her travel date cannot be before the interview date. If the form hasn't been submitted, kindle edit.

@Attraction 's all good. The form does not have specific purpose, u only state that during the interview. But do make sure to answer exactly what was filled on the form

thanks alot LadyGuinivere....am still around..The baptism is in April.i will surely get you and chloe the puff puff.the form has been submitted. pls any hope for her...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Listen to Mr Shine. And your chances will be increased if you ask for a printout of the DS160 before the agent submits. Vet it before he submits and go thru the form.I also hope the MR people sent you an invite and all the neccessary gbogbo e...
lmao @ the MR people! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2015
chloe7:
lmao @ the MR people! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that
I'm glad I did something right today. I made Chloe laugh grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I'm glad I did something right today. I made Chloe laugh grin grin
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
hay guys! hope you all are fine? my uncle sent an invitation letter to my sis. now in the letter it was addressed to the US embassy in Lagos, while my parents want my sis to have her interview in abuja. so right now my parents aren't sure if my sis can have her interview in abuja since the letter was forwarded to the US embassy in Lagos. thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2015
colored:
hay guys! hope you all are fine? my uncle sent an invitation letter to my sis. now in the letter it was addressed to the US embassy in Lagos, while my parents want my sis to have her interview in abuja. so right now my parents aren't sure if my sis can have her interview in abuja since the letter was forwarded to the US embassy in Lagos. thanks
She can have her interview at any embassy she wants. The VO is unlikely to look at the letter sef
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

She can have her interview at any embassy she wants. The VO is unlikely to look at the letter sef

Gbam!!@ the bold, is like showing them documents, you are wasting there time,they prefer eye contact & body language to read your intentions.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by colored(m): 10:53am On Mar 19, 2015
OK thanks a bunch
Re: Usa Visit Visa by agbeman: 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Please house where is Homewood Illnious located in USA.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
agbeman:
Please house where is Homewood Illnious located in USA.?
Ask google.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Haha... grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
hello house, i need response regarding an issue i have been having concerning us tourist visa. my profile, 5 siblings in us, 3 siblings in Nigeria, mother in us, father in Nigeria (all are us citizens by birth except mother). Each time i apply for us visa, they ask of my relatives in the us and thereafter its denial.i have tried twice, same result. Now my question is, is it impossible for people who have immediate relative in the us to get a tourist visa. Your advices and response will be truly appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
amaphil:
hello house, i need response regarding an issue i have been having concerning us tourist visa. my profile, 5 siblings in us, 3 siblings in Nigeria, mother in us, father in Nigeria (all are us citizens by birth except mother). Each time i apply for us visa, they ask of my relatives in the us and thereafter its denial.i have tried twice, same result. Now my question is, is it impossible for people who have immediate relative in the us to get a tourist visa. Your advices and response will be truly appreciated.
It's a very possible. You failed to divulge here your financial, marital, education and other status...Without that info I doubt anybody can give u useful advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for you input,
I'm engaged
An administrative staff (60,000 salary per month)
A university graduate

LadyGuinivere:

It's a very possible. You failed to divulge here your financial, marital, education and other status...Without that info I doubt anybody can give u useful advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
i forgot to mention i have traveled out once, to dubai.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
amaphil:

Thanks for you input,
I'm engaged
A university graduate

Why not wait after u legalize ur marriage before u give it another shot as that will show a significant change of circumstance, they already see you as a potential immigrant who may not return back because almost all your family members & siblings are there, this is my personal opinion though from the details you posted of your overall profile....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Temmybot(f): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good day my fellow nairalanders. My cousin want to send an invitation to me and my son. My husband will be the one to sponsor d travelling. What are d chances and like how many month will it take d processing to be successful?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
amaphil:

Thanks for you input,
I'm engaged
A university graduate

I agree with Mr Shine here. He spoke my mind. Right now, it saeems to them your ties in the US are more than in Naija.5 siblings plus parents, unmarried and possibility of earning more Vs 3 siblings and a job you can dump easily.
Beinf engaged/common law relationship has no force of law in Naija. You have to wait till after marriage;and possibly travel somewhere together then reapply.
Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
amaphil:

Did any of your relatives file an immigrant visa for you? If yes, it will be very difficult for you to be granted visiting visa. Not impossible though.

Then again, you donot have strong ties to Nigeria in form of marriage, children or a very good job.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for d response, think I will give it a trial wen I'm done wit my marriage rights.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks for d response, think I will give it a trial wen I'm done wit my marriage rites.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
amaphil:

You are only qualified for an immigrant visa. Petition for one as soon as you are able.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femmzzy22(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello Nairalanders.... This section has been very helpful in preparing me for my interview at the US Embassy which was approved and was so easy to the Glory of God. The only thing i can give back to you guys is to share my experience perhaps it will help someone too.

My wife and I got to the Lagos Embassy at about 6:30am for our 7am appointment and the whole place was filled with people like us so we did all the usual formalities then straight we were inside the embassy which looks like a banking hall to me because i work with a bank and it was my first time at the US Embassy. There was a particular young consular that was doing Visa bonanza even when i can tell that some people he gave the visa's were lying but he was just giving atleast till we were called he had given almost 10visas but we were sent to a young lady's window whom didn't give anyone before us.

Below is exactly what went down:
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning and how are you?
VO: (Not sure she answered) Where are you going to in the United States?
Me: We want to travel to Orlando Florida because my wife wants to visit Walt Disney
VO: OK. What do you?
Me: I work with Bleep Bank as a Commercial Credit Analyst in the Commercial Banking Group
VO: Who is sponsoring the trip?
Me: I am
VO: How much do you earn monthly?
Me: I earn Nxxxx plus some fractions
VO: OK (Turns to my wife) M'am where do you work?
Wifey: I work with xxxxxx as an HR Assistant
VO: How much do you earn monthly?
Wifey: She told her
VO: You have travelled to the UK before to do what?
Wifey: I studied in the UK for my Masters
VO: Where in the UK?
Wifey: University of .......
VO: How long were you in the UK for?
Wifey: 2years
VO: How come you guys have different surnames on your passport (so i cut in)
Me: We just got married in Dec (While i was still saying that "smart wifey" brought out our change of name publication and marriage cert which i assisted her in presenting) and she just renewed her passport before then however we will change that when it expires.
VO: OK. Have you travelled before?
Me: yes i did my masters in Cyprus
VO: (Started looking through my int'l passport pages) For how long?
Me: About 18months
VO: So how come you stayed in Cyprus for 18months when you have a 2months visa
Me: Yes, Cyprus does not have an embassy here in Nigeria so what happens is that they give you 2month visa to travel and they give you the right to stay once you register in the school you got admitted into
VO: Remind me again how long were you in Cyprus for?
Me: About 18months
VO: (Started typing for about 2mins without saying a word to us.....) Was packing our passport together
Me: Was praying in my heart.... (because wifey really wants the vacation) Lolllllll
VO: After about 2mins she looks up and said "I'm sorry"
Me: At that point i was like nooooooo
VO: I'm sorry i am having problems with my network but your Visa has been approved (She hands over to us a white paper) and said you can pick up your visa at the circled address in 3 days.
Me: Thank you and God Bless you

It was indeed a big miracle because the only reason i have never applied in the US before now is the fear of rejection despite the fact that they gave several of my colleagues. We decided to go to the USA for this year vacation because we applied to do our honeymoon in Canada but we were denied last Dec for no just reason.

LEARNING POINT: The USA VO's are the most reasonable just be truthful and sincere. Before our interview i heard some people's interview and i knew they won't get it however there were some people that i kind of think they were not saying the truth but they were consistent with their lies and they got it.
Lets just be as truthful as possible and pray for Gods favor because that's the only constant factor.

As for me i promise to return here and confirm to you all if all they say about Yankee is true when i return from this long awaited holiday....Lollll

God Bless America.......

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.