Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059696 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by koolkenzo(m): 1:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Good morning gurus in the house, pls it's my first time applying for US Visa. My elder bro send me an invitation to attend his graduation ceremony by May.
I intend going with my family ( Wife and Son), how do i fix my appointment so that we have the same interview date.
I don't know which one to access between: New Application/schedule and Group Scheduling Request.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yvete(f): 4:03am On Mar 14, 2015
Anyone with access to the scheduling page for appointments at the Abuja Embassy?

Is there any availability for March or Early April??

Don't snub me y'all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2015
@koolkenzo group application is for 10 or more applicants.
Choose new application/Schedule and follow the prompt. I think there is an option for add family member(s). Check it and kindly let's know.
God's grace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2015
kcheerful:
Hello good people
Does anyone know how I can get very cheap return tickets?
Lagos - houston.
2 adults, 2 children.
Thanks
April 1st - 14th

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=chloe7 post=31602390][/quote]

What is this madame?
It has to be first class right!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:26am On Mar 15, 2015
Ess:

What is this madame?

No. Just Adult and 2 or 3 kids. America?! It didn't easy o! smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kcheerful(f): 2:21am On Mar 15, 2015
Saw it. That's way too high. I'm seeking cheaper options.
Praying for a promo.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2015
I need urgent assistance I wish to secure USA visa for I and my family but it a guide on how to go about the application, we all have running UK visa of 2 years but I need assistance to concerning how I need to go about the request I and my wife was denied in 2013 when we applied to go for child birth. I wish to know if I can do the application once or I do mine and do my son and wife later.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2015
You have nothing to worry about.

TCann:
Hi Oghene migwo! Chloe7 migwo! LadyG migwo! Fredoricko migwo! Justwise, tzetzefly, suxes2005, tee12345 and d rest of d team

Kindly avail me your thoughts on my dilemma as stated below:

QUES 1.
I and my wife 'playfully' (ie without any serious intention to immigrate) applied for DV 2012 and we didnt even bother to find out whether we won or not, though we didnt get any correspondence that we had been selected.

Fastforward to 2015, myself, wify and 2 children are planning to apply for tourist visa to the US.

Do you think that 'playful' DV application will not be our undoing now (cos I dont know whether our names will pop up in their system as people who have once applied for DV before(immigration visa) now applying for non-immigrant tourist visa)

N/B:
We have previously travelled as a family to the UK in 2013 and will be doing same this year.

Thank you all as I await your response.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 15, 2015
wunmi38:
I need urgent assistance I wish to secure USA visa for I and my family but it a guide on how to go about the application, we all have running UK visa of 2 years but I need assistance to concerning how I need to go about the request I and my wife was denied in 2013 when we applied to go for child birth. I wish to know if I can do the application once or I do mine and do my son and wife later.

You can do it at once and make it a family vacation or holiday.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ess:

What is this madame?
economy of course, for 2 adults and 2 kids, flying the whole family to the U.S at the same time isn't a joke madam
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

preach it sister grin the whole family to America no be beans
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
kcheerful:
Saw it. That's way too high. I'm seeking cheaper options.
Praying for a promo.
my sister please pray for a promo o because this money is plenty too much, and again summer is coming so tickets will sky rocket, maybe you can go after summer if you don't get affordable tickets before then
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Ok, got mine and wifey's for less than 400k from turkish air via abuja. But I guess it was a promo in Febuary.. .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ess:

Ok, got mine and wifey's for less than 400k from turkish air via abuja. But I guess it was a promo in Febuary.. .
there were several promo's in Feb I also got a ticket to the uk for 2 adults for 301,563 in February via Etihad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
chloe7:
there were several promo's in Feb I also got a ticket to the uk for 2 adults for 301,563 in February via Etihad

The airlines are not smiling now. Thank God I bought on time, na to postpone travel if not..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ess:

The airlines are not smiling now. Thank God I bought on time, na to postpone travel if not..
I no dey waka anywhere if I no see promo ticket grin grin cheesy when i'm going for business not pleasure
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pennywise(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
All I see here is conference, conference. Can someone not visit the US with his wife just to have fun without having to involve conference, friends or perhaps family? I have an Egbon who is precisely in this situation. He applied about 10yrs ago with his wife and they were denied. He did a formal protest letter on what he considered a sham interview and was told to reapply after 6mths. He couldnt be bothered and decided America can go to hell. But you can only ignore that country for so long. He is in his early 40s now and he wants to visit. He has no wish to go through conference, friends or family. He is too proud. All he wants is a hotel reservation. A really good one like the Waldorf in New York for 2weeks. Only 2 kids. Both in grade A schools in Europe. He is in the private sector, untainted by public office and politics. Egbon has all the usual compliments of a fit and proper person in wholesale amount if they care to look. But we know they frequently dont. So without conference, friends and family or some kind of creative imagination to hoodwink an ECO, what really are his chances at the moment?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:
All I see here is conference, conference. Can someone not visit the US with his wife just to have fun without having to involve conference, friends or perhaps family? I have an Egbon who is precisely in this situation. He applied about 10yrs ago with his wife and they were denied. He did a formal protest letter on what he considered a sham interview and was told to reapply after 6mths. He couldnt be bothered and decided America can go to hell. But you can only ignore that country for so long. He is in his early 40s now and he wants to visit. He has no wish to go through conference, friends or family. He is too proud. All he wants is a hotel reservation. A really good one like the Waldorf in New York for 2weeks. Only 2 kids. Both in grade A schools in Europe. He is in the private sector, untainted by public office and politics. Egbon has all the usual compliments of a fit and proper person in wholesale amount if they care to look. But we know they frequently dont. So without conference, friends and family or some kind of creative imagination to hoodwink an ECO, what really are his chances at the moment?

Nothing like hoodwink the VO,conference is not the only route to to the US, you/him can book a hotel and use that as his contact point and call it a family vacation, list/know the places of interest that you/Egbon like to visit, US does not give a fvck to your ""bigmanism"", meet their requirements, dont sound a desperado about the visa, go with all the necessary documents, although, they rarely ask,maintain good eye contact during your interview, relax and answer there questions in a polite manner, collect ur visa and come share the testimony here.............lobatan..... cool

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:

I got my visa last month with wife and son. We are going for vacation and not any conference.

If he has a good income and family travel experience, he can apply for pure tourism and let him know all the major tourist landmarks in the state of interest.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pennywise(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
shinejackie:

Nothing like hoodwink the VO,conference is not the only route to to the US, you/him can book a hotel and use that as his contact point and call it a family vacation, list/know the places of interest that you/Egbon like to visit, US does not give a fvck to your ""bigmanism"", meet their requirements, dont sound a desperado about the visa, go with all the necessary documents, although, they rarely ask,maintain good eye contact during your interview, relax and answer there questions in a polite manner, collect ur visa and come share the testimony here.............lobatan..... cool

My dear friend thank you for your counsel. If I am the one seeking visa and not Egbon I will let you know. And if you cannot give an honest answer without being arrogant, I have no use for it. In your language Fvck it.

Secondly, you may be ignorant of what is implied in a compulsory visa requirement on a healthy person from Nigeria who pose no terror threat- you are a potential economic liability or economic fraud. There is no way you can prove otherwise without sounding like a big man. They asked for it, you have a duty to prove you are not who they think u are. So how is 'bigmanism' your fault?

In what way has your contribution helped this discussion or helped others who have noticed a pattern of behavior by US visa officers not consistent with their proclaimed ideals? Egbon will probably tell you to go hang. But I won't. I will ask you to be civil and moderate your language.

@Ess
Thank you very much. Your feedback is encouraging and very helpful. Enjoy your vacation. A good income means they took time to look at your statements.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ess:

There is a way u can get it cheap at d airport..jzt go 2 dia office at d airport n get it direct frm dem...my fwend that wnt 2 turkey got his own ticket direct from their office @120k frm turkish airlines..nd we saw 152k wen we checked it online..fnk there is discount gettn it @ d airport tho....so jzt try it 1st n see shaa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:

My dear friend thank you for your counsel. If I am the one seeking visa and not Egbon I will let you know. And if you cannot give an honest answer without being arrogant, I have no use for it. In your language Fvck it.

Secondly, you may be ignorant of what is implied in a compulsory visa requirement on a healthy person from Nigeria who pose no terror threat- you are a potential economic liability or economic fraud. There is no way you can prove otherwise without sounding like a big man. They asked for it, you have a duty to prove you are not who they think u are. So how is 'bigmanism' your fault?

In what way has your contribution helped this discussion or helped others who have noticed a pattern of behavior by US visa officers not consistent with their proclaimed ideals? Egbon will probably tell you to go hang. But I won't. I will ask you to be civil and moderate your language.

@Ess
Thank you very much. Your feedback is encouraging and very helpful. Enjoy your vacation. A good income means they took time to look at your statements.

Park well jare, l repeat US does not give a fcvk to ur bigmanism, ur bigmanism ends in ur pocket,maybe na this attitude u carry go US embassy before dem bounce u and u dey misyarn, u think they give a hoot about your profile, dey can bounce anybody they like and it has nothing to do with the bolded part of your comment, dem dey bounce federal ministers,Doctors, politicians & their families, and money bags with good profile in naija,u think they care undecided abeg park well jare.........egbon ko, aburo ni.......... angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pennywise(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
shinejackie:

Park well jare, l repeat US does not give a fcvk to ur bigmanism, ur bigmanism ends in ur pocket,maybe na this attitude u carry go US embassy, u think they give a hoot about your profile, abeg park well jare.........egbon ko, aburo ni.......... undecided

In due course when every Nigerian has a job and we get the financial freedom we seek, countries like America will have no need to impose visa restrictions on us.

We will look back at individual experiences (including those of brothers whose only contribution was to 'pull them down' ) and simply laugh it off. Meanwhile America's loss will be other country 's gain. The best of what you think America has, you will see in other countries. In fact you probably already have. Lol.

An American visa becomes no more than another colorful page on your busy passport, but one that is desirable nonetheless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:

In due course when every Nigerian has a job and we get the financial freedom we seek, countries like America will have no need to impose visa restrictions on us.

We will look back at individual experiences (including those of brothers whose only contribution is to pull them down) and simply laugh it off. Meanwhile America's loss will be other country 's gain. The best of what you think America has, you will see in other countries. In fact you probably already have. Lol.

Then stay in your country, you/Egbon applied 10yrs ago and according to you, you wrote a protest letter, the US set the rules of who they want to come in and who they deny, so if you think or feel they are denying you your right, stay in your country....... undecided

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:

We will look back at individual experiences (including those of brothers whose only contribution was to 'pull them down' ) and simply laugh it off. Meanwhile America's loss will be other country 's gain. The best of what you think America has, you will see in other countries. In fact you probably already have. Lol.

An American visa becomes no more than another colorful page on your busy passport, but one that is desirable nonetheless.

l disagree, if na so, sit down for your country, America didn't beg u to come visiting, na u carry ur leg waka go meet them.... angry

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pennywise(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
shinejackie:

l disagree, if na so, sit down for your country, dem no beg u to go America.... angry

I have an unending optimism in the abilities of the human spirit. No one is completely useless, even you. Having said that you will agree with me it serves no one any use carrying further with this dialogue. RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
When you come to a public forum, you must be prepared to receive divergent views and opinions...may u also Rip undecided

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pennywise:

@Ess

In the ds160 form there is a place to state your income. They hardly look at statements indeed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:48am On Mar 16, 2015
@broda shinejackie why na? But u sabi the peace when we de take live for this we nairaland compound? You should have just allowed this dialogue to die cos its truly pointless. Keep up the good work mehn and keep on smiling

@pennywise, the truth is (maybe you misunderstood shinejackie's comment), previous denials, your brother's fat bank account and all the other gbo gbo e you mentioned will not stop the embassy from giving him the visa. The deciding factor is, whether they think u will retuen. Then of course, the bank account /income is considered Amongst other factors.
November last year, my husband got a tourist visa and he filled 150k as salary. Purpose of trip? Vacation with wife (yeee lucky me! smiley) My point? U don't have to be loaded or going for a conference to get a visa. In fact folks on this thread going for conferences have been bounced steady.
Cheers !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 16, 2015
@ladyGuinivere, thanks,u don talk wetin l talk before from another perspective... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pennywise(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@broda shinejackie why na? But u sabi the peace when we de take live for this we nairaland compound? You should have just allowed this dialogue to die cos its truly pointless. Keep up the good work mehn and keep on smiling

@pennywise, the truth is (maybe you misunderstood shinejackie's comment), previous denials, your brother's fat bank account and all the other gbo gbo e you mentioned will not stop the embassy from giving him the visa. The deciding factor is, whether they think u will retuen. Then of course, the bank account /income is considered Amongst other factors.
November last year, my husband got a tourist visa and he filled 150k as salary. Purpose of trip? Vacation with wife (yeee lucky me! smiley) My point? U don't have to be loaded or going for a conference to get a visa. In fact folks on this thread going for conferences have been bounced steady.
Cheers !

Thank you lady. I am happy to hear things like these are happening. Aspiring tourists visiting the US will be pleased. A little while back, things were very different. 10years ago the profile of one you just described will most certainly be denied visa unless of course he worked with a multinational. At that time, people queued at the embassy in the rain at 2am for a visa they most certainly wont get. Which makes you want to say thank God for terrorism and suicide bombers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.