Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059680 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
Goddey1975:
@sexydivaomalic, either u acept wit me or not,d real life truth is dat a lot of people hav got dere visa at u.s embassy by inclusion of Ghana in their travel experience,we hav a lot of gud example of such transcripts on dis forum,weda ghana is visa free or not it wont stop people from goin 2 ghana an it wont stop u.s frm recognising it,moreover evrybody luvs easy tin,peace
whether one has travelled to Ghana previously,or any other reputablle nation in the world,it all counts as travel history.But you are not going to specifically say that its the Ghana trip that swayed the decision in the applicants favour.I don't think Consular officers go about looking for Ghanaian visas in an applicants passport before deciding whether to issue the visa or not.In fact,we ve seen people with fantastic travel history denied before.Most importantly,each individuals case is evaluated based on its own merit.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
Wow so much has happened! The Ghana VS travel history argument is up again.
Justwise lef talk na. Goddey say them get excursion to Ghana. Then wan go groove. Safe journey nu ! Buy banku for me o!

Valleyofpeace make I do monitoring spirit. When is yur date? yu sabi say I be Lady of God. Make sure u sabi werrin and werrin de Orlando wen u go visit and NYC o! Ehe.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Justwise lef talk na. Goddey say them get excursion to Ghana. Then wan go groove. Safe journey nu ! Buy banku for me o!

Valleyofpeace make I do monitoring spirit. When is yur date? yu sabi say I be Lady of God. Make sure u sabi werrin and werrin de Orlando wen u go visit and NYC o! Ehe.

LADY G I say make I hail you ooooooooo, U too much, this Amerika fine well well ooo, God go bless you oooo and grant ur heart desire. I get plenty picture to post soon, Chaii as u no allow agent chop me na so God blessings no go pass u before this year end.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by handsomeheart(m): 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
so what exactly do you think I should do?apply directly on my own just for holiday visit or what ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fabiyi78(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
pls advise me I av never travel to any country b4 but I av ambtion of goin 2 canada or usa, a friend introduce me to a program to usa dis program is al abt base ball as said sponsored by a state. Kindly advice is a gud route to get to usa and hustle. Kindly help Cc Lady G, atom 2015, and odas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
allen0000:

LADY G I say make I hail you ooooooooo, U too much, this Amerika fine well well ooo, God go bless you oooo and grant ur heart desire. I get plenty picture to post soon, Chaii as u no allow agent chop me na so God blessings no go pass u before this year end.
Amen o! The blessings will come and overtake me sef! (Na bible talk am!) Amen.
I return greetings nwanne. U and madam have turn waka dupe o! See lineup of cities visited. I come de beef una sef cheesy
Njoy werr well o!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
fabiyi78:
pls advise me I av never travel to any country b4 but I av ambtion of goin 2 canada or usa, a friend introduce me to a program to usa dis program is al abt base ball as said sponsored by a state. Kindly advice is a gud route to get to usa and hustle. Kindly help Cc Lady G, atom 2015, and odas
Brother Omooloriredade I transfer this to you. Shebi u haff tie me restraint? Ok !
lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Na 18th oh.. i for like make you be the VO sef..

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
vallyofpeace:

Naaa. I de wicked small small o! Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
vallyofpeace:

We go follow u do countdown na
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukahands(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
hello house.

quick question, if a family of 6 wants to apply for a US visa, they have to fill 6 DS160 form, but for booking an appointment, will i pay for one or for the 6 ?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Godbpraised: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
I am a silent reader and follower on this trade, i have gained a lot of experience and exposures here, it was indeed useful thanks all. my interview was yesterday men, the shortest interview on earth is the U.S visa interview very brief , my advice for anyone is always make sure your responses are very brief and concise, do not start telling stories for a short question. be confident. pray to GOD for favour . there was a V.O lady yesterday i think she had a bad nite rest , men i was praying that she would not call me. i was Glad God answered my prayers . the interview status

V.O : why do u want to go the U.S
me : Vacation
V.O are you married
me : Yes
V:O : Where would you be visiting
me : i mention am
V.O : Where do you work ?
me : i mention am..
V.O : what do you do at your work
me : i mention am .
V.O : how day would you be going.
V.O : your visa don dey ready go buy ticket sharp sharp.
me : o.k ma i know go dull myself i dey go buy ticket now.
guys na God dey do am oooo, baba God wey do my own with favour , God go answer una fire in jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by oyi2: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Abuja or lagos? In Abuja the lady in first booth na die. She was bouncing people with anger. *Praise Jesus *we dodged her bullets.
Godbpraised:
I am a silent reader and follower on this trade, i have gained a lot of experience and exposures here, it was indeed useful thanks all. my interview was yesterday men, the shortest interview on earth is the U.S visa interview very brief , my advice for anyone is always make sure your responses are very brief and concise, do not start telling stories for a short question. be confident. pray to GOD for favour . there was a V.O lady yesterday i think she had a bad nite rest , mine i was praying that she would not call me. i was Glad God answered my prayers . the interview status

V.O : why do u want to go the U.S
me : Vacation
V.O are you married
me : Yes
V:O : Where would you be visiting
V.O : Where do you work ?
me : i mention am..
V.O : what do you do at your work

guys na God dey do am oooo, baba God wey do my own with favour , God answer una fire in jesus name.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
Goddey1975:
@sexydivaomalic, either u acept wit me or not,d real life truth is dat a lot of people hav got dere visa at u.s embassy by inclusion of Ghana in their travel experience,we hav a lot of gud example of such transcripts on dis forum,weda ghana is visa free or not it wont stop people from goin 2 ghana an it wont stop u.s frm recognising it,moreover evrybody luvs easy tin,peace

@Goddey1975 alias Mr Ghana Man, drink chilled water, juice and a cup of coffee and read the post below undecided

justwise:

[/b]

Added advantage in what way? Do you know the importance of travel history as regards to visa application to countries like US, UK, Canada, Germany etc?

If you want to prove to the VO that you have a travel history then travel to countries with strict visa requirements, not countries that are visa free to Nigerians, visa on arrival or countries that requires very little check to let you in.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vallyofpeace: 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

We go follow u do countdown na

You don try to educate people here well well. So if you wicked as VO e reach make e be so.

Meanwhile the countdown make e be with prayers oh. Me sef wan come post pictures of orlando and Ny.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
bukahands:
hello house.

quick question, if a family of 6 wants to apply for a US visa, they have to fill 6 DS160 form, but for booking an appointment, will i pay for one or for the 6 ?

Thanks

You'll have to pay for 6

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Godbpraised: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
@oyi2 na lagos .

guy na GOD .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukahands(m): 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
NanaF:

You'll have to pay for 6

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fabiyi78(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Omooloriredade:

Oga, if his intention is to emigrate, applying for a tourist visa is not the normal process. Tourist visa is for Tourists. You go there for sightseeing, to take pictures, have fun, visit friends and families (if any) and return back to your country with choc'lates and you update your BBM dp for friends to see. grin cheesy To everyone, please note that having intention to emigrate is not a crime in itself but not adhering to the procedures and trying to subvert laid down rules is what is criminal. Countries have requirements and conditions for intending immigrants. Research these to see if you qualify, if not, do not attempt to tow the illegal route. The UK and Canada used to have such programs (don't know if it is still in place) and even the US (Lottery;even though Nigeria has now been removed from the list of eligible countries).

This thread is intended for those that have the intention of temporarily visiting the US ONLY.

@Fabiyi78; Don't do anything JUST to get into any country. Emigrating is not a guarantee of success in life. It is God that gives power to make wealth. If you are not convinced, please follow legal routes to achieve your quest.
I really appreciate ur advise God wil enrich ur knowledge
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 4tuneiphy1: 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
[b][/b]
justwise:

The VO can only make decision based on the answers you gave, you did not mention the 10M from property proceeds when asked how much you earn.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Sotchaa(f): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2015
Hello everyone. I am a silent follower, read most if not all of pages on this thread. Interview was on Aug. 5, applied with my hubby and 19month plus daughter. Please see transcript below:

V.O- So why do you wanna go to the usa?

Hubby n I- Family vacation

V.O- Where?

Hubby n I- Disneyland, Orlando, FL

V.O- How long?

Hubby n I- 10 days

V.O- to hubby, what do you do

Hubby- Market research consultant

V.O- who do you work with

Hubby- Bleep

V.O- how much do you earn?

Hubby- Bleep

Asks me same quesion and i answer- Brand manager at Bleep earning Bleep

V.O- how much do you plan on spending

Me- 1.5m ( we discussed and agreed on this that morning, lol!..applied the uk ' not more than x3 of earnings' unspoken rule)

V.O goes eerily quiet, typing away, looks intensely at visas on our passports ( hubby had an SA visa stamp, we both had zanzibar visa stamps and all 3 of us had uk visa stamps) btw, he checked my baby's passport and also looked intensely at her visa...didnt ask about travel history though, he figured that out himself, i guess.

V.O. ( after looooong silence): uhm is it just 3 of you travelling or someonelse is going with you? (At this point i was like 'yaay we r getting d visas' lol!)

Us: yes, just 3 of us

cos my pp was in my maiden name, i had moved ny marriage certificate n change of name to the top of our docs for easy reach.

V.O: You two are married right?

Us: yes, then i reached for d docs

V.O: uhm, your visas have been approved, den he goes 'whats that? Pointing at the documents i was bringing out

Us- our marriage certificate

V.O- nah, never mind. Pls pick up ur visas bla bla

Us- thank you.

Interview was in Lagos, the guy was white and had glasses on.

This forum has been very useful, i still follow it everyday... thanks to everyone who takes their time to help others..Lady G, Justwise et al... and all the best to future applicants.x

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by daret002(m): 3:26am On Aug 14, 2015
LagosNIV:

Your personal, professional, and financial circumstances. Marriage, job, children, purpose of travel.

As a matter of policy we don't comment on specific cases, but unless I interviewed you it is impossible to know what exactly triggered the refusal. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

If you stated that you are a student, they will not need a letter to prove that you are a student. If you say you are going to visit your uncle, they will not need to see an invitation letter from your uncle. These do not constitute changes in your circumstances, which are usually major life events - this is why we generally don't recommend that someone reapply within 90 days.

Sir? I am currently processing my admission into an american university (for spring) but my dad came up with idea of me and my younger sis traveling with him on vacation...neither me nor my sis have travel history but my dad does. He has UNUSED US visa and many shengen visa also one used and one CANCELLED UK visa.

Our cases: my dad has his own registered company and can afford d trip. My younger sis will be writing her post-UTME very soon (no intention of studying abroad). I'm working with a pharm coy, I will apply for leave today and hopefully will be granted....I I'm hoping to drop my work for my MSc come january and travel to US.

We hope to start d whole registration process on monday next week.

WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES!

Please house, help on this...advices would suffice on what and what to or not to do!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 14, 2015
daret002:

Sir? I am currently processing my admission into an american university (for spring) but my dad came up with idea of me and my younger sis traveling with him on vacation...neither me nor my sis have travel history but my dad does. He has UNUSED US visa and many shengen visa also one used and one CANCELLED UK visa.

Our cases: my dad has his own registered company and can afford d trip. My younger sis will be writing her post-UTME very soon (no intention of studying abroad). I'm working with a pharm coy, I will apply for leave today and hopefully will be granted....I I'm hoping to drop my work for my MSc come january and travel to US.

We hope to start d whole registration process on monday next week.

WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES!

Please house, help on this...advices would suffice on what and what to or not to do!

Read about 15 pages back on this thread to get yourself acquanited with possible questions you might likely be asked by whoever interviews you but mind you nobody here can guarantee your chances or hazard a guess as to th likely outcome of your interview because every case (s) is different, your interviewing VO has the sole discretion to determine if you qualify for a visa.

Moreover, be ready to answer questions like Have you traveled before as a family?......why the US?....Your job and responsibilities?......Are you married?....Your Dad's Visa is not a guarantee that you all will be approved?......You must be ready to convince the VO that you will abide with the terms and conditions of your visa if approved, Lastly, they might not look at your documents but they are trained experts to know if you are up to something in your sleeve, and be truthful in your application, US visa is not a do or die affair, if you qualify and your intention is real, they will grant you.........Enough said, over to you my sister LadyGuinivere smiley

Back to my ghost mode sipping my green tea and biscuit. tongue

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:45am On Aug 14, 2015
The silent readers/hardworkers alwayz get. Kudus Sotchaa

DivaOmalich if everryborry come de ghost mode who go answer ppl queshions na?!
Una be casper? Even casper sef dem de c am eye grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
The silent readers/hardworkers alwayz get. Kudus Sotchaa

DivaOmalich if everryborry come de ghost mode who go answer ppl queshions na?!
... cheesy cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Femite74(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2015
My interview was @ the Lagos consular on the 5th of August, it went well thanks to you guys and God almighty. this was how it went:
Vo: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning
Vo: passport pls, purpose of your trip
Me: to attend a seminar
Vo: what's the seminar about
Me: I told him
Vo: where do u work
Me: told him plus my position
Vo: how do u earn
Me: 245k
Vo: are u married
Me: yes for 8 years
Vo: u got kids
Me: yes, 4 kids
Vo: does your wife work
Me: yes, she does bla bla business
Vo: have traveled out before
Me: yes, just to the UK twice
Vo: I think am ok with you. Pick up your visa at this location (he circled it on the white paper)

The whole thing was less than 2 minutes, the only document I went with were the payment receipt, ds160 form, and appointment confirmation. The guy self didn't ask for any document, cos from my first experience last year when I was refused (then I went with loads of document)

The followings was how I prepared.
1. I got my UK visa renewed for 6 months, traveled to the UK for 14 days in April.
2. I applied for a seminar (3 days) that very much relevant to my job
3. Filled the ds160 form with complete reference to the one I filled last year.
4. Read all the U.S. Visa post on Nairaland, this really built me up.
5. Prayed and fasted for favour
6. Went for the interview with so much confidence but not desperate. Even as I focused my eyes on the VO, the guy didn't even look at me, he was just staring at his system.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
@Femite74, if l was the VO that interviewed you, l will approve your visa based on what you posted above, you clearly demonstrated that by your travels to the UK and the fact that you kept to the terms and conditions of your previous travel, secondly, all other tie you have in Nigeria is also fine and l think the VO must have looked at your overall profile vis-a -viz your response to his / her questions and concluded that you qualify for the visa..... cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2015
must you present an I.D card before you collect your passport? My uncle didn't come with his Id card

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.