Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061260 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cool007: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
Lady G

Please I once applied for the us green card(although i did not get it & dont know if it is classified as a visa), do i need to state it when filling the ds-160 form.And secondly i did not see where to upload my photograph while filling the ds-160 form. lastly what visa type (B1 or B1/B2) should a wife accompanying her husband to a conference apply for

Many Thanks for your response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 14, 2015
I recently got a job at a reputable institute, and I am thinking of travelling to yankee december to stay with my cousin for 7 days. I am not married yet, I have been bounced before(August 2014), even with UK and Singapore travelling experience. But this time around, my circumstances have changed, I work in a bigger organization and my pay is better. Please advice on the following:

1. Should I request for invitation letter from my cousin?
2. What other home ties do I need?
3. Will being on probation affect my chances?(I am not upto 6 months)

Please advice before I dash embassy money for ds160.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2015
@Goddey1975

If you want to start your campaign against a specific VO at Lagos or Abuja embassy write to the embassy or use another social media but not here. Recently i have had to hide some of your posts telling people to avoid specific cubicle at the embassy, this sort of advice will not be allowed here.

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goddey1975: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2015
Femite74:
My interview was @ the Lagos consular on the 5th of August, it went well thanks to you guys and God almighty. this was how it went:
Vo: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning
Vo: passport pls, purpose of your trip
Me: to attend a seminar
Vo: what's the seminar about
Me: I told him
Vo: where do u work
Me: told him plus my position
Vo: how do u earn
Me: 245k
Vo: are u married
Me: yes for 8 years
Vo: u got kids
Me: yes, 4 kids
Vo: does your wife work
Me: yes, she does bla bla business
Vo: have traveled out before
Me: yes, just to the UK twice
Vo: I think am ok with you. Pick up your visa at this location (he circled it on the white paper)

The whole thing was less than 2 minutes, the only document I went with were the payment receipt, ds160 form, and appointment confirmation. The guy self didn't ask for any document, cos from my first experience last year when I was refused (then I went with loads of document)

The followings was how I prepared.
1. I got my UK visa renewed for 6 months, traveled to the UK for 14 days in April.
2. I applied for a seminar (3 days) that very much relevant to my job
3. Filled the ds160 form with complete reference to the one I filled last year.
4. Read all the U.S. Visa post on Nairaland, this really built me up.
5. Prayed and fasted for favour
6. Went for the interview with so much confidence but not desperate. Even as I focused my eyes on the VO, the guy didn't even look at me, he was just staring at his system.
@femite wat was d cubic no of d vo dat interview u? 2. Did u paid 4 d seminar or free? Peace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goddey1975: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:
@Goddey1975

If you want to start your campaign against a specific VO at Lagos or Abuja embassy write to the embassy or use another social medial but not here. Recently i have had to hide some of your posts telling people to avoid specific cubicle at the embassy, this sort of advice will not be allowed here.

Thank you.
o.k sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:
@Goddey1975

If you want to start your campaign against a specific VO at Lagos or Abuja embassy write to the embassy or use another social medial but not here. Recently i have had to hide some of your posts telling people to avoid specific cubicle at the embassy, this sort of advice will not be allowed here.

Thank you.
The advice is even an exercise in futility. I laugh when I see prospective applicants saying they will avoid Mr. A or Mz. B by going to the toilet. Or when I see 'advice' telling people to avoid so so and so.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:
@Goddey1975

Thank you.

I recently got a job at a reputable institute, and I am thinking of travelling to yankee december to stay with my cousin for 7 days. I am not married yet, I have been bounced before(August 2014), even with UK and Singapore travelling experience. But this time around, my circumstances have changed, I work in a bigger organization and my pay is better. Please advice on the following:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

The advice is even an exercise in futility. I laugh when I see prospective applicants saying they will avoid Mr. A or Mz. B by going to the toilet. Or when I see 'advice' telling people to avoid so so and so.

The Visa Officer has said on another post that it is easy for them to spot this behavior
and it is immediately a warning that the person has something to hide.
So they have a RED FLAG before their interview starts.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:
@Goddey1975

Thank you.

"hide" and "cubicle" are better words
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Jchi9876:

"hide" and "cubicle" are better words
grin are u an English tutor as ur day job abi na ur hobby?

@Worry Imagine that. Na e person go de advise another person to collect red flag plus all the other colours sef before the interview.
He who has ears let him hear o!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

@Worry Imagine that. Na e person go de advise another person to collect red flag plus all the other colours sef before the interview.

Buhahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

It is easy and forgivable to make spelling mistakes when in a hurry. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

1. You can but booking hotel accommodation will also do

2. US embassy is not really bothered that much about documents but since your only source of income is your job then go with your salary account/payslips and evidence of employment.

3. I don't think that will if you met other requirements.

Most important thing here is to answer questions during your interview as honest as possible, present your case as its and not try to lie or exaggerate things.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
sexydivaomalich:

Buhahahaha grin grin grin
Biko nne teash me how to bold fonts when quoting. Mind u, I'm using my phone and I be oldddd woman so use small small words o de teash am! Thanku!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

It doesn't really make sense, even those with dodgy record are telling people to avoid a particular VO

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:

3. I don't think that will if you met other requirements.

If I were the vo. I'd consider this. You can't go on leave before your probation ends. So if one is willing to travel without proper authorization, it shows the job dosent mean much to him and shouldn't be held as a tie.
But then, who knows?! Whether they go even ask am such queshions

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

If I were the vo. I'd consider this. You can't go on leave before your probation. So if one is willing to travel without proper authorization, it shows the job dosent mean much to him and shouldn't be held as a tie.
But then, who knows?! Whether they go even ask am such queshions

Good point.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Biko nne teash me how to bold fonts when quoting. Mind u, I'm using my phone and I be oldddd woman so use small small words o de teash am! Thanku!

Let me explain it in a simple format.

a) when you want to respond or post.

b) Highlight the word / words or the sentence you intend or want to appear in bold.

c) Click on the (B) icon.

d) when you submit it, it comes out in bold, you can also post in any colour you want following same procedure.

Sorry dear, l went to night school, l dont know jack about IT....... tongue
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
sexydivaomalich:

Sorry dear, l went to night school, l dont know jack about IT....... tongue
Lemme see if this works. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Yipeeee! I did it! Thanks Divanwa!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Yipeeee! I did it! Thanks Divanwa!
cool cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:

Good point.

You guys have a point, but all employees in my organization get Christmas leave, I think I will just wait till I get confirmed...by then my bank balance wil be much fatter. Thanks for your advice guys, I wonder the rush sef. Might try visiting UK again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cool007: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello Lady G

Please I once applied for the us green card(although i did not get it & dont know if it is classified as a visa), do i need to state it when filling the ds-160 form.And secondly i did not see where to upload my photograph while filling the ds-160 form. lastly what visa type (B1 or B1/B2) should a wife accompanying her husband to a conference apply for

Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
cool007:
Hello Lady G

How did you apply for "green card" was it visa lottery?
Anyway with that application you have stated that you wish to live in the USA.
You must work extra, extra hard on you strong ties to return home. You must convince the VO. of your return after the visit.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

You guys have a point, but all employees in my organization get Christmas leave, I think I will just wait till I get confirmed...by then my bank balance wil be much fatter. Thanks for your advice guys, I wonder the rush sef. Might try visiting UK again.

...but that is 2-3 days holiday...enough for foreign trip?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Sotchaa(f): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
Uhm depends on work really. I have just worked for 3months at my office but still got leave approval...i don't think its cast in stone. I told my boss before i resumed that id need time off in the nearest future
.its easier when its not your first job. If i were the V.O i would be more concerned if its a first job.

justwise:

Good point.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sotchaa:

Uhm depends on work really. I have just worked for 3months at my office but still got leave approval...i don't think its cast in stone. I told my boss before i resumed that id need time off in the nearest future
.its easier when its not your first job. If i were the V.O i would be more concerned if its a first job.

That is very rare
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blank(f): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:

...but that is 2-3 days holiday...enough for foreign trip?

Companies close for the Christmas probably from 19th till the end of the month. So about 2 weeks. That's good enough for a holiday.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Try reading Eddie's latest editorial "Leading Without Reading" and spend less time on . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.