Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51615 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by adecz: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2020
She should have taken Israeli citizenship..... grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Micmuzac: 8:31am On Sep 03, 2020
optimistic patriotism is hopeless in this country, but some people just wont listen, buhari media will soon expire with the stipend payable to her online agents here, but in the midst of compounded failure of the Nigerian state who citizenship help? it's a sign that Nigeria need to abolish that law stopping diasporeans with dual citizenship from some critical interest because we have nothing to protect anymore,it's over

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by jUeLiZ: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2020
OkuFaba:
My Nigerian citizenship is for sale at a give away price, contact me if you get buyer
lol
how much
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Lashist(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
Lol...rubbish talk for cheap likes abi??...what kind of fight can you personally fight this country??...better swear for yourself alone and dont involve your family that may not want to be part of your swears bcus of cheap likes on nairaland cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Anoniemos01: 8:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Micmuzac:
optimistic patriotism is hopeless in this country, but some people just wont listen, buhari media will soon expire with the stipend payable to her online agents here, but in the midst of compounded failure of the Nigerian state who citizenship help? it's a sign that Nigeria need to abolish that law stopping diasporeans with dual citizenship from some critical interest because we have nothing to protect anymore,it's over

Nawa o. All these talk on top person wey dey pursue im own life matter?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by justinator: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Keep fighting... And she wouldn't be remembered as a loser.... Point of order
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Houseofglam7(f): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Xisnin(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2020
This should disqualify from being the African candidate at the WTO.

What does she wants to do with it at her age?

SMH

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by 9gerian: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2020
Leadership is everything when it comes to public service. It is the same thing that is playing out with this government currently.

All the developed nations enjoyed quality and forthright leadership progressively before arriving at the status of “developed nation”.

Just look at the kind of issues and actions that are the priority of this government, and you can reasonably predict where the country is headed eventually.

Opexzy:
Very good, everything is leading to her victory....
How Jonathan's administration ended being a complete fiasco with the likes of this woman and someone like Akinwunmi Adesina, still baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by kinggabah: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
CandiB want Nigerian citizenship.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by meforyou1(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

it's very obvious that u didnt read the story
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Xisnin(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

This is rare coming from a Nigerian.
You are one of the few that understand the value of patriotism.

Shame on Ngozi for picking up a useless citizenship.
I would have understood her a bit if she was a young girl still pursuing her dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by inumidun2010(m): 8:41am On Sep 03, 2020
God , Please give me chance to leave this COUNTRY...I Promise never to RETURN again...
I can trade my NIGERIAN PASSPORT, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, WAEC, BSc for an AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP...
All those people that fought for our INDEPENDENCE never had POST INDEPENDENT plan for us... Now we CRY to GOD to HELP US..
GOD WILL JUST BE LOOKING AT US..... God bless you MA..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by ALLFATHER14: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2020
Everybody don tire for this nation sha
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2020
DESPERATE woman !

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Jaqenhghar: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Actually she flees because she has the foresight. Foresight to know that if she stays to fight she will die for nothing. When she came how did your people support her? The same people you fight for will either mock you, betray you or refuse to join you. That is Sowore. He has been fighting. When he was arreeted , how many people came out to protest his detention? Tou want her to come and suffer unecessarily abi. Weldone

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2020
if you GIVE her PRESIDENCY tomorrow, she go RELINQUISH and CANCEL that citizenship.

maybe she KNOW we only APPOINT thugs into office. so SHE has no chance there.

rentAcock:

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
and what is THIS AMERICAN citizenship?
is it GOLD?

PFEW!

tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Nuisance

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pabloicardi: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

In your mind you think you know better than her be deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Yoighaman(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2020
sapphiere:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/03/wto-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-takes-up-american-citizenship/

"...Nigeria’s former finance minister worked in the US for well over 25 years without taking up its citizenship...."

She stood for what she believed in for about 30 years, kudos to her, many would have gladly done otherwise.

If having a dual citizenship would get her the job, let her go ahead, it's all fair in love and war.

We wish her all the best.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2020
she can not become PRESIDENT of nigera by this.

AnonymousRebec:

Please just keep quiet. She didn't give up her Nigerian citizenship to become American. So she is still Nigerian. But obviously, if she still wants to run for those post in the future, she needs to have an American citizenship.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:47am On Sep 03, 2020
she THINK trump will support HER.

WHAT will TRUMP get in exchange? this na PLAN B by okonjo.

optimusprime2:
Mma, you wasted time... You should have done this siiiiiince... if you did this, that world bank position of 2012 would have been yours.

Anyway well done ma.

Fact: for those who don't know, if she wanted to, she could have become an American citizen as far back as the 80's/90's. Her choosing to become a citizen of the US now is purely strategic... Her stronger alliance's and connection base are in the US and she can only maximize certain advantages fully if she was an American citizen.
Just imagine the American government also putting weight on mama's bid for the wto position.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by tysontim(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
and what is THIS AMERICAN citizenship?
is it GOLD?

PFEW!

Make them dash u and see whether you won't rush it
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:50am On Sep 03, 2020
I agree. the woman LIKE power like EBA.

BORROWING heavily to pay workers. she could have RETRENCHED some workers or even give them SEVERENCE .

Lipscomb:
My position on this woman has always been tough. She is a rogue and born to rule mentality. She admired power than anything.

Her incompetence in some positions she held was another evidence that she is overweight individual. Okonjo iwella has been use by western world to exploit Africa. This woman send Nigeria to recession and till today we are yet to recover from recession.

I have never seen a situation whereby federal government borrow money to pay workers. During her tenure no improvement and she wasn't done anything spectacular.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Subzero047: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Xisnin:
This should disqualify from being the African candidate at the WTO.

What does she wants to do with it at her age?

SMH

You are ignorant
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Subzero047: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2020
frog12:
I agree. the woman LIKE power like EBA.

BORROWING heavily to pay workers. she could have RETRENCHED some workers or even give them SEVERENCE .

She should fire some workers like president wey she be?

Ignorance speaking
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2020
they are all SPIES

linearity:

How did sh flee?

Many current and past Nigeria Senators, Reps, ministers, etc are US or British citizens as well as Nigeria’s.

It does not stop her from contributing to Nigeria at any level except the President & Vice, this just open up her chances.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by whatmoreng: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2020
OyinO:

Look at this mentality. Is it the territorial space or geographical entity called Nigeria that is bad or the people of Nigeria that are bad? Places you want to flee to, were far worst than Nizooria in time past until their youths demanded change by violent Revolution. Being born in any part of the world is not the problem, but letting yourself mentally subdued to accept defeat.

Please can you name any country that was worst than Nigeria in time past? You will just sit and open ur mouth to saying any thing. How many countries have you been to? Even among some African countries, you cant compare how they live to what is obtainable in Nigeria.

Have you ever asked yourself why the condition of things ( economy, education, security, etc) are deteriorating down from each government? I know are leaders are bad but they are not the worst when compared to other world leaders and they are not cluelesss. Still they won't succeed because this country was designed to fail from the very beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by TheArrowhead(m): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2020
I really feel for her. She has practically been forced to do this. Shame on Nigeria!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by frog12: 8:54am On Sep 03, 2020
maximize her strength our MOUTH.

YOU should like one of those JOHN BULLS.
NA just by dress code, you DETERMINE people's intelligence. everyone in the NASS dress just like HER.
HEHEHEHEHEHE

confydoedowaye:
It is dual citizenship not switch of citizenship, remember she is in the global political corridor and she needs to maximize her strength to stand a chance, besides, she is over qualify to take up US citizenship by naturalization, she is indeed a pillar and proud African judging by her dress code and her intonation. #NOItotheworld.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Atk1nson(m): 8:55am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Oga, this is not patrotism, its folly.

The politicians themselves that run this country position their children to have a good life by sending them abroad, you are here talking what only you understand.

You better consider the future of your children and don;t let them wonder what their father was doing when other people fathers were sending them abroad for a better life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim / Hundreds of Borno youths join militia group to defend their communities(photos) / We Didn’t Grant Atiku Visa Says American Embassy - Independent.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.