Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) (49479 Views)

I've Found Love On Nairaland! / Four Years After Sliding Into Her DM, Man Got Engaged To His Love(photos) / Couple Found Dead In A Car In Germany During Sex After They Turned Engine On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
Tonysmith4sure:

We have that in common bro. But those profiles you saw, how are you even sure its a lady behind the phone. Men dem do spoil work for some of us wey like adventure
What do i knw

1 Like

Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by dukeprince50: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
If not because I delete unimportant mails, I would have sent a screenshot here for all to see and know if this is what someone with a brain would say to another for just saying I don't want.
even ladies insult guys here, so it goes both ways
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
even ladies insult guys here, so it goes both ways
That's not what we are saying. We are talking about private chatting someone and expecting them to accept your proposal and start sending you nudes like you have them the body. Why can't a guy just walk away without insulting a girl when the girl "politely" turn him down?
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by Mryacks: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
nick50:
To all the ladies that were born in 1991, I am reminding you that by next year you will be 30 yrs .continue with your stupid questions like "who gave you my numbers" 4 months left!!!

I'm rolling on the floor grin grin
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by nBag(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
JIMMY1393:

I wish I can give you an award....they are bashing us saying we can't chat shit...I swear nobody chats more than me in this life...I always put 100% effort but be getting 20% effort back with stupid one word replies...imagine after chatting and trying to spice things up all you get is lol...some girls are not just worth the stress...I have seen some girls that do chat back a bit more but none till today has satisfied me...Nigerian girls are fucking boring to chat with end of story

not even sure if it's up to 20%. if you tell them dey go argue. some will even defend nonsense that am a lazy chatter. thanks God I don't do that shit
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by professore(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
Zzor:
lol
follow back zzor

1 Like

Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by JIMMY1393: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
nBag:

not even sure if it's up to 20%. if you tell them dey go argue. some will even defend nonsense that am a lazy chatter. thanks God I don't do that shit

Yoooo I so agree with that telling them part...some if I say, you are chatting like I'm saying rubbish or you're bored, they get all defensive and shit...anyway that was teenage me been a long time I did that crap...these days it's me that's the boring one to chat with...if they are gonna be boring so will I ...

Worse is even after the dead chat they will still be texting "hey" "hi" "how are you" the next day only to repeat same cycle of dead chat

1 Like

Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by raphy(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
i de a lot from this social media life.
this one is so sure on point.
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by LINTUNE(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Lordkratus:
bro, I spent valuable time reading through this thread and I was amazed with the things going on here. I actually thought this is is blogging site.
i tire o
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2020
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by SMEpromote: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
Looks like a marriage made in heaven! They really look good together. The lady is tall and beutiful, my kind of lady. And the husband has great looks too.
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by NiceMen: 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Peace081:
We can't find such guys on Nairaland ooo..
The ones on this forum are bittered, frustrated and depressed.
All they know is to blame the president for their current predicament..
They don't want to do anything meaningful with their remaining days on earth.
May God continue to punish them.
To the couples, your new home is blessed

The last time I tried a Nairaland girl it ended in tears. I did what this guy did and what did i get? I was called a pest, too emotional, too clingy lol...

I wont be surprise if she comes on nairaland i say what you said here.

My only crime was that I was being a nice guy. Of course, she didn't value it and last was to broke shame me... because I didn't get her what she wanted. Imagine a girl telling your brother to hold on and take things slowly but wants financial commitment faster grin grin grin

Well, this same guy she broke shame is sitting on huge market as the only current player for being a pioneer and I will leave your imagination to run wild on that, an idea that came to mind few months after the brutal e-fracas. A lot happened but I had no uterior motives towards her.

She expected me to use my money to finance an undecided relationship, just like that. Money that I was keeping for business use, me that can deny myself a lot of things just to make sure my dream is actualized?

The truth is, most of you women don't value nice guys... the girl in this op here might just be an exception. I will not even advice any Nairaland guy to give you Nairaland chics a trial. it is best done offline, face to face..
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by NiceMen: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
humilitypays:
the ladies don't have any excuse. I am sorry to say that majority of Nigerian ladies behave like they are under a curse or spell, ask me how When they see cool headed guys, they ignore them and pay attention to foolish boys and when the foolish boys use them to do anyhow, they turnaround to say guys are scum, guys are fools, how

A responsible guy will see a Nigerian lady walking past and respectfully say hello, hi good afternoon, she will snub him and act like the guy is a ghost, and then one foolish playboy on the same street will see the same lady and rush to grab her by her hands and drag her how far na, you fine oh, what's your name, and watch the mumu girl forming Def and dumb before smiling with the guy that approached her without respect.

Our ladies are wired to be attracted to foolish boys, playboys and fvck boys who useless them and they cry fowl.

So many girls out of foolishness miss their destiny helpers coming as strangers toasting them or showing interest in them.

I no longer pity ladies with my life experiences and real life stories I have heard from great men about ladies that rejected them for no good reason.

I have a friend who is now a young millionaire in dollars, this guy was begging one small girl like that to just give him small attention some years back, the girl was forming busy and playing him around. He continued till when the girl graduated and finished NYSC cos he really cherished the girl and confided in me then that he wished to spend his life with the girl if she agrees, but the girl didn't give him attention just because he was doing one underpaid job then.

I remember shouting at him to forget this girl na, finally he moved on and later met a lovely lady he later married. Today, after 7 years, the guy is a success, a blessing to everybody around him.

Guess what That girl is still single and now looking old and ugly. One foolish boy in her street then deceiving her has dumped her. She knew that her street boy was a jerk but because she saw him as a handsome guy that fry his hair and do like ladies lol, today the guy is nowhere to be found. Now she is regretting and even wishing to date my guy who is now happily married.

You see why I no longer pity most Nigerian ladies Many are the architect of their life misery, yes.

If I tell u stories u go weep for our ladies but let me stop here for now

I am a living proof of what you have said sir.

I met one nairaland chic here and did all the niceness but she was dragging her feat, gauging me lol... at a point, she had to broke shame me.

At that point I was doing one business which would have BEEN extremely profitable IF NOT for the Nigerian factor and government centralized/monopoly system...

I mean, this venture could have easily netted me 100M within a year and as small as I am, the men who control things are still wondering how we got in, got access to major dealers and so much more.

So, in her eyes, I am a failure and not worth it.

The day I was broke shamed, I only said "Thank God"

Few months after that, i came up with an even better idea (my guys depend on me to come up with ideas because I have mastered it) and I was able to spot something huge. The best thing is, this one is private sector focused and there is no monopoly like we experienced previously.

There so many many tales like these that I had experienced but one day, I will share this story on nairaland... possibly early next year, around February-March

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by humilitypays(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
NiceMen:

I am a living proof of what you have said sir.

I met one nairaland chic here and did all the niceness but she was dragging her feat, gauging me lol... at a point, she had to broke shame me.

At that point I was doing one business which would have BEEN extremely profitable IF NOT for the Nigerian factor and government centralized/monopoly system...

I mean, this venture could have easily netted me 100M within a year and as small as I am, the men who control things are still wondering how we got in, got access to major dealers and so much more.

So, in her eyes, I am a failure and not worth it.

The day I was broke shamed, I only said "Thank God"

Few months after that, i came up with an even better idea (my guys depend on me to come up with ideas because I have mastered it) and I was able to spot something huge. The best thing is, this one is private sector focused and there is no monopoly like we experienced previously.

There so many many tales like these that I had experienced but one day, I will share this story on nairaland... possibly early next year, around February-March
So touching cry
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by NiceMen: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
humilitypays:
So touching cry
bro, I know what I carry. All these will end in a few months time...

Patience, patience..
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by Sixfeetbelle: 1:18am On Sep 15, 2020
I think most men on this post may have missed the point in this thread.

It's not about sending a pm to a lady and expecting to get a reply per se. It's more about sending the "right" pm. If you read the chat, you'd see the ingenuity and humor that played out in his message, but despite all that, it still could have met a dead end if certain things were not in play. Thus speaking, there are worthy things to note here:

1) He was not a stranger and I mean this in reference to a chatting setting. He didn't send a "blind" pm like most of you do as if you're playing a lucky dip. There was a prior conversation/chat that led to him sending that pm, and if you were to apply it here on nairaland, try engaging such person in a light yet funny conversation first before requesting to send a pm. It's comforting for ladies to accept pm from someone that they perceive they "know".

2) He knew what he wanted. This is where high self esteem comes in. The guy probably already saw her pictures and attraction was ignited before pm was sent. Working with that attraction, he was able to craft something that held her attention long enough. On a forum like nairaland, you'd have no choice but to work with instinct due to lack of pixel configuration. "Stalk" the person's profile, if you must, to understand them and visualise what they'd look like/what their personality is; then decide what you want with/from them before requesting to send a pm. That way, your interest in her will be visible in your pm when you finally send it. Nothing puts off a lady like a pm that sounds like you're guessing who the message was for.

3) Keep an open mind. The guy didn't falter when she accepted to be his "friend" and continued with it even though he might have brought it up first. Clearly, we can see he didn't approach her with the intention to lobby her into a relationship and despite what you see around you, people build long lasting relationships that started through friendships first. Start off your pm with a "be friends" banner and slowly warm your way through. If she accepts your pm in good faith and gives you attention, it's one step closer to getting what you want. If she doesn't, don't beat yourself up as it wasn't meant to be.

So next time you want to send a pm, don't do a blind pm sending, hoping one lady will finally reply. Do your research, know what/who you want and don't be scared to get rejected.

Cc: dukeoprince50, niceMen, humilitypays, Lintinue, nBag

I hope this helps your whining a little cheesy
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by NiceMen: 1:49am On Sep 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It's not about sending a pm to a lady and expecting to get a reply per se. It's more about sending the "right" pm. If you read the chat, you'd see the ingenuity and humor that played out in his message, but despite all that, it still could have met a dead end if certain things were not in play. Thus speaking, there are worthy things to note here:

1) He was not a stranger and I mean this in reference to a chatting setting. He didn't send a "blind" pm like most of you do as if you're playing a lucky dip. There was a prior conversation/chat that led to him sending that pm, and if you were to apply it here on nairaland, try engaging such person in a light yet funny conversation first before requesting to send a pm. It's comforting for ladies to accept pm from someone that they perceive they "know".
Lol.. I did this and we became the attention of everyone in an open thread... guess what? it ended in tears las las

2) He knew what he wanted. This is where high self esteem comes in. The guy probably already saw her pictures and attraction was ignited before pm was sent. Working with that attraction, he was able to craft something that held her attention long enough. On a forum like nairaland, you'd have no choice but to work with instinct due to lack of pixel configuration. "Stalk" the person's profile, if you must, to understand them and visualise what they'd look like/what their personality is; then decide what you want with/from them before requesting to send a pm. That way, your interest in her will be visible in your pm when you finally send it. Nothing puts off a lady like a pm that sounds like you're guessing who the message was for.

I had seen her before and still it didn't work. I was called a pest, too soft, clingy and all whatnot.

3) Keep an open mind. The guy didn't falter when she accepted to be his "friend" and continued with it even though he might have brought it up first. Clearly, we can see he didn't approach her with the intention to lobby her into a relationship and despite what you see around you, people build long lasting relationships that started through friendships first. Start off your pm with a "be friends" banner and slowly warm your way through. If she accepts your pm in good faith and gives you attention, it's one step closer to getting what you want. If she doesn't, don't beat yourself up as it wasn't meant to be.
To be candid, this girl in this narrative have a right head screwed on her shoulder. Don't try this on the wrong person. You will blame yourself eventually.

So next time you want to send a pm, don't do a blind pm sending, hoping one lady will finally reply. Do your research, know what/who you want and don't be scared to get rejected.

I didn't miss anything. The girl in this very post is like 1 in 10. The stats are that bad. I have seen enough to come to this conclusion and it is very bad with Nigerian ladies.

The nairaland chic I saw looks promising until she started exhibiting some kinda of classist tendencies. One thing I will never do, because I have grown past that stage, is to deny myself what I want just because I want to please a woman.

I will never do that.

I don't mean all girls are bad but sincerely, Nigerian girls, over 80% of them are nothing to write home about when it comes to these things...
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by nBag(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

you talk like a teenage school girl still living in lalaland. right pm? blind pm? stalking? do a research? really? see how you have made ladies look like gods. respect is for everyone small or big, male or female. but this you pointed is
insecurities at this stage of life I expect you to know that there's no universal law for humans, one man's 6 might be another man's 9. know this not every thing is been taught in a classroom.
I trust you will learn learn will teach you soon. then you will realise how dumb what you have written here seems.

ps: next time only tag me when you have something reasonable to say . thanks
Re: From Email To Altar: How A Nigerian Couple Found Love (Photos) by humilitypays(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I quite understand the points you are trying to make here but do you know in dating and relation and romance and whatnot, there is no general rule everybody must abide by to get the best result.

What worked for Mr A and Ms B may not work for Mr C and Ms R.

My sincere advice to ladies is to be open to chats or chitchats or casual hello from strangers, so long as you are not legally married. I don't see why a single lady cannot do that if not for arrogance and poor upbringing and wrong association and trying to be what will not benefit her in the long run.

When I think about ladies and how they make simple things complicated in life I just shake my head.

In few occasions, I have had strangers (ladies) walk up to me and say hi, I like your sneakers, you look familiar, I love the way you smile a lot, makes you look cool keep it up and all the few times I got compliments like this from female strangers, I felt good, I felt kind of happy that wow some people still find me cool, and if not that ladies are very weird creatures in the sense that when a lady sees you and make such remark and maybe you conclude that she likes you and try to make a move to cement a friendship or flirting or fling or whatever, they start to act up like is it because I complimented you, so I usually smile thank them and move on even though I sometimes wished to take it a bit further to know them and maybe exchange contacts

But like I said, ladies act weird and sometimes foolish, if you make such move, they will start to floor you on the bare floor, so I usually move on.

What am I trying to say There is nothing bad for a single lady to respond to strangers messages on social media platforms, your Messiah or angel or destiny helper could be that stranger male toaster you just ignored because he didn't follow your desired protocols or whatever guideline.

To live a great, quality fulfilled life in this world, you must master the art of friendship, being happy, being open to things.

Some ladies in their small mind believe they can only meet rich guys on Facebook, some believe its only on Twitter, some believe its only in that their big Church head quarter, some believe its on in their village or in their uncles rich estate or t the airport, etc, these are big mistakes.

We have rich and successful people scattered all over the corners of the world even in Chibok Borno there must be rich people there.

Don't rule out anywhere in life. That your friend or aunt or sister met her rich husband or boyfriend on Twitter does not mean you must meet yours on Twitter.

That your sister's rich husband met her through a formal letter toasting does not mean you must wait for your own potential hubby to come writing long letter to qualify as a quality man.

Ladies wise up.

The only guys I do pity in this journey of life are the broke guys.

This world we are living in belongs to financially successful men not women. A guy that have enough money run the world, he gets whatever he wants in life. I have been on both side so I know.

The only problem a successful guy have in this life is long life, good health and that's all..if he is lucky to have the grace of good health and long life, my dear, the world is his so ladies should be happy when a successful young man is approaching them because it is a privilege grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary / Man Proposes To His Fiancée With A New Car (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.