Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested (67026 Views)

YAHOO: I Almost Got Arrested By The Police Today, See What Saved Me [pictures] / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland / My Babe Threatened To Kill Me If I Leave Her; Should I Take Her Serious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by poweredcom(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2020
Which kind girls una de keep as girlfriend how can she not be close to her relatives

She is on her own o..make she no go land for kirikiri for murder case
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by DiagnoPolitics: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2020
sampete:
Sometime ago last year, I gave my girlfriend some money to startup a restaurant business and she has been managing it well without issues.

She was doing so well that in no short time the business expanded, clean working and classy looking environment. Her workers were quite trained and they were neat as regards the preparation of the food they sell.

Trouble started last week. I got a frantic call from one of my Girlfriend's workers and she told me my babe got arrested by the police with some of her workers, she was the only one who eluded them.

I quickly rushed down to meet up with her as she wasn't coherent on phone. Getting there, she told me that earlier that day one of their regular customer came in to eat. According to her, the guy looked sick. He went on to ask for swallow and they served him.

Midway into his meal, this guy brought out some drugs to take and then he finished his meal. Table was cleared but the guy remained seated. Then few minutes later, he was observed to have laid his head on the table, eyes closed and they thought he was sleeping, not knowing the guy has passed off.

After like 30 minutes, one of my babe's worker decided to wake him to leave so that other customers could make use of his chair as everywhere was filled up. She raised the alarm when she tried to wake him and he was not responding. The guy was quickly rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Two hours later, my Girlfriend's restaurant was raided by the police on the suspicion that he poisoned the guy. All the food she cooked that day were seized and taken away for testing. And she and her workers have been in jail since and all efforts to see her has been unsuccessful. They won't let me see her and they won't tell me the results of their investigations so far.

I just don't know what to do. The food they claimed was poisoned was served to others and no one complained of even stomach pains not to speak of dying. I even ate from the food earlier that morning.

The way the whole case is going is so confusing and murky and it seems the guys family are well of and they are looking for someone to blame, innocent or not.

So guys, please what do I do? My girlfriend is all alone, no notable family to speak of, who could come out to help. Her parents are late and she isn't close to her relatives. I'm all she's got.

Let me reveal a secret that works effectively. Go online get a list of emails of newspapers like Punch, Vanguard, national and international human rights organizations like Amnesty International, BehindBars Initiative, JDPC etc. Mail them one after the other. Don't be Lazy about it. Go online and tag Segalinks and other online activists. The Police complaint number is also on line you can chat them up whatsapp.

This matter needs to put on the front bunner and the DPO will be forced to sit up and do his investigative job properly, he will carry that case file to his bed till the truth comes out as his superior officers will be very much interested in the matter. Also find a way to keep the matter posted online till justice is done, else the matter grows cold and some other issues take the frontbunner. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by TheCork(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Why are you panicking unnecessarily?if your story is true, your babe would be released as autopsy would be carried out on the guy to ascertain the cause of his death. The only problem is that Nigeria police being what they are will still detain your woman and make some money out of her before releasing her from detention.

You may wish to consult Barrister Dominique for more information and necessary action

Ajepako and vickyrotex too like awoooooof

Correction.

.bro.. if she ugly or very uglier or dakskin, they will release her imediately coz nothing to look at
. but if she pretty or very pretty & lightskin they will detain her for years (thats how Nigeria police work sir) angry
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by walex4live1(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2020
lefulefu:
if op carry this matter to any of the human rights group they will fall over themselves to handle this matter cheesy
there is only one group naija police dey fear after boko haram and dats human rights group

Do u know of any??

Kindly link me up
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by OgeFather(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2020
Bro qiuckly go on Twitter and make this post and tag all relevant people you know on Twitter including Nigerian police then come and drop the link here so we all can join you
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by SavageMaster: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2020
Kriss216:
calm down, nothing will happen to your girlfriend. Once the investigation is completed, she will be released.

Lol. Wait till he goes back there in two weeks time and meet her dead body. Don't joke with Nigerian police; they can do anything
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Angelfrost(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2020
Get a lawyer... Even an inexperienced lawyer will have her out on bail within the hour.

Nigerian Police are dull and unprofessional! There is no proof of a crime committed, yet you arrested and detained the person. I can even bet you there was no warrant for the arrest... Circumstantial evidence is not enough to arrest anyone in a sane society. Inviting for questioning is one thing, arresting and detaining is just wrong!!!

They are supposed to wait for an autopsy report, and lab findings on the food, before arresting and charging.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Exmilitant(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2020
Everyone is bashing the police and you are forgeting a coin has two sides. What if the babe in question has some connection with the dead guy? That could be a reason for detaining her that long.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Lastmankc(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2020
This is what my Yoruba brothers call alakoba .You will just be on your own ,trouble will jump from nowhere to visit you.I hate Nigeria police with passion.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Oesophagus99(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2020
Begging dem is an indirect admission that she killed him.,,

you should accuse that family and the police chief of trying to blackmailg you.. Be very firm on it and wen ever u refer to dat deceased man in court, dont forget to add the word "sick" e.g the sick man had his meal and took some pills after wards, ind the presence of so&so of my sfaffs.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by neonly: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2020
sampete:
Sometime ago last year, I gave my girlfriend some money to startup a restaurant business and she has been managing it well without issues.

She was doing so well that in no short time the business expanded, clean working and classy looking environment. Her workers were quite trained and they were neat as regards the preparation of the food they sell.

Trouble started last week. I got a frantic call from one of my Girlfriend's workers and she told me my babe got arrested by the police with some of her workers, she was the only one who eluded them.

I quickly rushed down to meet up with her as she wasn't coherent on phone. Getting there, she told me that earlier that day one of their regular customer came in to eat. According to her, the guy looked sick. He went on to ask for swallow and they served him.

Midway into his meal, this guy brought out some drugs to take and then he finished his meal. Table was cleared but the guy remained seated. Then few minutes later, he was observed to have laid his head on the table, eyes closed and they thought he was sleeping, not knowing the guy has passed off.

After like 30 minutes, one of my babe's worker decided to wake him to leave so that other customers could make use of his chair as everywhere was filled up. She raised the alarm when she tried to wake him and he was not responding. The guy was quickly rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Two hours later, my Girlfriend's restaurant was raided by the police on the suspicion that he poisoned the guy. All the food she cooked that day were seized and taken away for testing. And she and her workers have been in jail since and all efforts to see her has been unsuccessful. They won't let me see her and they won't tell me the results of their investigations so far.

I just don't know what to do. The food they claimed was poisoned was served to others and no one complained of even stomach pains not to speak of dying. I even ate from the food earlier that morning.

The way the whole case is going is so confusing and murky and it seems the guys family are well of and they are looking for someone to blame, innocent or not.

So guys, please what do I do? My girlfriend is all alone, no notable family to speak of, who could come out to help. Her parents are late and she isn't close to her relatives. I'm all she's got.

Hope the restaurant is registered and you pay taxes eventually if it get to court
Everything in Nigeria is just a risks
What a country

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Oesophagus99(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2020
zicoraads:
Sampete, I would have said get a lawyer first like everyone is saying. But if his family is connected, it will delay the entire process and she'll suffer in prison.

Bros, just go and beg the man's family. Beg them very well and plead your girlfriend's case. They are the only ones who have the power to allow her go.

Forget about lawyers. If you get one, the police and the man's family will stress you. You'll end up paying the lawyer and the police after the case drags and drags.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by TheCork(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2020
walex4live1:

Do u know of any??

Kindly link me up

Dyammmmit!
Brov...Dont be slow..mennnn... please use Brain.

GOOGLE SEARCH IS REAL... USE IT GADDDDDDEMIT!!!

..we can help u spell *google* sir if u want!! (No oofense) angry
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Angelfrost(m): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2020
baralatie:
that is Nigerian police case for you!

get a lawyer and get ready to spend money to prove her innocence!

Prove what innocence??! ABeggi!!! Nigerian Police know there is no case... It's just bad luck that the man while still in the shop. The drugs could have killed him (Likely overdose).

Police just wants to be paid!!! All they care about is the money they will obtain from her.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by DiagnoPolitics: 8:55am On Sep 17, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Have an autopsy carried out on the said guy, whatever result you get afterwards should be presented to the police/court of law. Get a lawyer to advise you on this, it's very important. Ensure whatever conversation you have with the police, staff, doctor is recorded. Make sure you get proper information from the doctor.

The nigerian police will let you go into their station with recorders and phones for secret recording? Are you in Nigeria at all? Or you just want to drop an opinion because everyone is doing same?
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by FarahAideed: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2020
meobizy:
Nothing bad will happen. She is temporarily detained to make sure she can’t run from the law. After the tests she’ll get released to continue the business. The police need statements from witnesses, the man’s autopsy report and hopefully a video or two before she can walk free.

You forgot to add they will definitely be extorted
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Angelfrost(m): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2020
Kriss216:
calm down, nothing will happen to your girlfriend. Once the investigation is completed, she will be released.

Nigerian Police won't investigate sh*t!!!... They are already calculating how much they will obtain from her before they let her go!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Frankicent(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2020
sampete:

Goto Twitter and share your story with segalink. Just search for the name
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Angelfrost(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2020
TheCork:

Really? He should calm down wit Nigeria police until after the investigation is complete after 20 years..abi?
..bro are u ok? (Serrriously shakin my head)angry

Some Nigerians are either dull or plain clueless about how rotten their country is... Don't mind him.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by ibietela2(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2020
Kriss216:

You think this is Hollywood or America?
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Cramzy: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2020
Righteousnesss8:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Issoright
Nigerian police lacks understanding your babe shouldn't be arrested in any way she should be only called for questioning..
Get a lawyer or a human rights activist because if not they might toture her to stupor or even get her jailed pls do something very urgently

Get a good lawyer ASAP and don't wait for the Police to finish any so called investigation becos it's obvious that she didn't poison him so they have no right to keep her as a suspect. Nigeria Police are just too untrained to my liking. Everything about them is just how to siphone enough money from anyone unfortunate to come their way.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
ABIAman4Chino:

what regards would camera have helped here? To show when the food was cooked or how the man slept away and died? Camera will only help in criminal activities there

Well the cctv goes beyond the criminal activities a layman think its for.
In a case like this, it will be used to ascertain that

1. He took drugs(that will be a point to base investigations on)
2. People had same food and nothing strange happened(another point to hasten the whole process)
3. He came alone and wasn't under any form of pressure or any offensive activities.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by AmazingELixir: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
lipsrsealed

Nigerian police matter tire person...very primitive bunch I'm very sure they would have finished eating all the pots of soups and stew they confisticated, even if all they needed were samples.

Somebody dies and they arrested all the workers wouldn't be surprised if customers were arrested too.,
These is why people are scared to assist others in distress because police will just turn everything against the good samaritan.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by OdenKelechi(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
Pls hurry to twitter and holla those activist there...they'll help
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Angelfrost(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2020
Austeeenxx:
Are we all going to pretend like we didn't see Kanye West pee on one of his grammies?

Are We supposed to actually pretend that means sh*t??! Who the fvck is Kanye to the average suffering and oppressed Nigerian??! Is he or has he ever been relevant??!... Whatever tiny relevance he had faded away when he married that fake ass bimbo!!!
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by onlyempress(f): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2020
Call the NGRPolice on Twitter as well as tag reputable twitter handle owners like segga, Dr. Aproko etc even our very own aunty kemi .. Tag a whole lot of handles... Beg people to retwit for u, as well as private chat those reputable owners...
The one thing I know is when Nigeria police see such that's when they swing into proper action.
*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA*
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Edusouls(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2020
Were did you get money to open a big restaurant for ur girlfriend? These Gee boyz think this life is a joke, I’ll gotten money comes with trouble, This the time to for payback, so bear the consequences..

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2020
lefulefu:
so the nigerian police cant afford autopsy abi?
anyway not shocked since na nigeria
Na to test the food sure pass.
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by ABIAman4Chino: 9:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Sleekfemzy:

2. People had same food and nothing strange happened(another point to hasten the whole process)
3. He came alone and wasn't under any form of pressure or any offensive activities.

You won man.. Good points you have here cool
Sleekfemzy:

You won man.. Good points you have here

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by samwillyco1(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2020
Hmmm, my guy Sorry this is Nigeria anything can happen.

1) First of all which state did it happen?
2) Go to Human Rights and complain to them
3) Get a Lawyer to back up what the human
Rights group may do
4) Give out the name of the police station and
the name and rank of the IPO handling the
case
5) Try and reach or pass the information to the
relations of your girl ( her people).
Finally back it up with prayer
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Aug28th(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2020
immantoks:
Please get a lawyer Asap. Nigeria police are the most irresponsible, illogical,heartless and useless set of people.If you don't act fast they can do and undo .I feel your pain bros.you are one of the few irresponsible boyfriends left on the earth
How shocked
Re: Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested by Dearlord(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2020
zicoraads:
Sampete, I would have said get a lawyer first like everyone is saying. But if his family is connected, it will delay the entire process and she'll suffer in prison.

Bros, just go and beg the man's family. Beg them very well and plead your girlfriend's case. They are the only ones who have the power to allow her go.

Forget about lawyers. If you get one, the police and the man's family will stress you. You'll end up paying the lawyer and the police after the case drags and drags.

There is a big sense in what you just said , this should be the first cheapest root step he should take and if he is able to convince the family then the case is settled and as he does that he should also approach the police with utmost care and pleads so as to settle the case amicably before it is blown out of proportion to avoid gross financial input that can offset & drain his focus and time.

Good luck to him!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Don’t Marry Late !! / "I Wouldn’t Date A Guy With A Body Count Of Over 10" - Slay Queen (Photos) / Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex With Married Woman Flees Unclad (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.