Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61960 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2011
^^
When i see sh1t like this, I think AW really has a little dayokanu in him. You know that incomprehensible insanity from someone who is supposed to have a matured mind. His obsession with french makes him menacing attimes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2011
"The first target is not to weaken our team but to strengthen it."

In recent years Wenger has admitted that he is often tempted to give up on transfer targets who are already being pursued by clubs with the financial resources of Man City and Chelsea. But he has a slightly different take this year.

"I hope that the financial fair play rules will come in and, because I know Chelsea and Man City has voted for it, I hope as well they will respect it," said the Frenchman. "We will always have to respect our wages schedule."

Predictably, Wenger was asked about potential targets and the names of David Beckham and Scott Parker, the Footballer of the Year, cropped up. Equally predictably, the Arsenal manager is playing his cards close to his chest.

"I will not give you any names," he said. "We are not specially buying on the flank. We have Walcott, we have Nasri, Arshavin and Bendtner." ---- AW
-- www.arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2011
[Quote]
With Thomas Vermaelen expected to return to the first team on Sunday, Wenger was asked whether the Belgian centre back could have helped Arsenal address their weakness from dead balls.

"I feel certainly a little bit, but I feel it is more about the size of our whole team in some games like Stoke," he replied.

"When you go out of the back three, after that we are quite short, especially when Abou Diaby wasn't there for big games. When you have the defence plus Diaby and Alex Song, and you go to places like that, you can of course fight.

"Sometimes we're one or two men short."[/quote]

The first part wouldn't be such an issue if we do more with the ball when we have it as we need our small mobile players to move the ball around quickly (provided they are putting themselves about like Wilshere and not lazing around like Arshavin does most of the time). This team already knows how to keep the ball, it is in converting that possesion into danger for the opposing team rather than themselves that they fall flat on their faces.

A friend always told me that our beautiful passing game hides the inadequacies of some of our players and I believe him now, while Arsene sorts out this team height wahala, penetration in the opponents final third must also be sorted, Theo could have been better but no one can fault that he's stepped up this season and at 22 can still improve some more, I can't say the same for Arshavin and he should have been a major player for us considering his age, experience and cost he simply hasn't been good enough this season.

There are also solid rumors that we've already bought Carl Jenkinson a 19 year old RB from Charlton as Eboue's potential replacement, I don't expect to see him as a stable first teamer until at least 2 year's time though as Bac is an old reliable but if there is any consolation, he is tall at 6ft 1.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2011
dipo2much:

^^
When i see sh1t like this, I think AW really has a little dayokanu in him. You know that incomprehensible insanity from someone who is supposed to have a matured mind. His obsession with french makes him menacing attimes

Arsene would kill all the fan in EMirates to have any similarity with me

BTW I dont have anything similar with certified failures
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 12:12pm On May 14, 2011
hannie:

I dont care what anyone says . . .I have always known that we needed to get better in striking positions considering how frail we have always been at the back, since we love going the offensive most times UTILIZING THOSE OPPORTUNITIES was always going to be the greatest challenge else we get/got punished . . .now when u get duds like Chamakh upfront and have Arshavin that is always inconsistent, or even a RVP that could be very annoying atimes, not forgetting Bendtner that buys too much into his own hype . .NOT FORGETTING THAT JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS WAS ERRONEOUSLY SENT ON LOAN . . .then its little wonder why didnt win the EPL cool

personally, i don't think chamakh was a dud purchase.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 1:53pm On May 14, 2011
4llerbuntu:

ARSENE TO HAVE NO SHAME?
Ahh, Arsenal and their incredible ambition. Their fans are demanding big-money signings, their own players probably expect the same, so what's Arsene gonna do? Err, stick to parody:
'Arsene Wenger is plotting a double raid on French club Lorient to launch his summer rebuilding plans. Arsenal have made an offer to midfielder Morgan Amalfitano - a free agent - and also fancies p[b]romising French international striker Kevin Gameiro, 23.'[/b]
@4llerbuntu
When Debo comes out to attack your viewpoint, you start getting upset.
Anyone who believes what the tabloids roll out in May should be laughed at.
It's also convenient to post here stories linking Arsenal with Gameiro and Amalfitano while ignoring the ones that link us with Benzema,Diarra,Hazard,Cahill etc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by edoyad(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Arsene would kill all the fan in EMirates to have any similarity with me

BTW I dont have anything similar with certified failures
Na wa o, CL qualification can do wonders for one's confidence. Roaches that couldn't show their faces here a few days ago are now all about causing commotion. Well . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2011
^^ Thats what 7 seasons of trophylessness can do to a fanbase

Tottenham, Citeh, Birmingham and even Portsmouth have won
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Krayola(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Thats what 7 seasons of trophylessness can do to a fanbase

Tottenham, Citeh, Birmingham and even Portsmouth have won

abeg no forget Man Citeh. Thank u so mosh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2011
All this arrant nonsense about JET - he's not even playing on loan and some delusional folk think he has sufficient quality for Arsenal?

Even Benik Afobe has a better chance of making it into the first team than JET.  tongue

4llerbuntu:

soon they will come and start writing epistles here of how lack of funds is the cause of incompetent managing. see what your fool is going for when there is need

More irrational idiocy from you - if Wenger goes for cheap players it is because of a lack of funds. If you can't understand the connection between lack of money and buying cheap players, you need to seek a refund from whoever claimed to teach you logical reasoning.

Only a rabid lunatic like yourself will be quoting rubbish journalists at this stage of the season and posting it as if it's fact.

hannie:

nawao . . .

I remember how much I wanted Bendtner to leave THEN . . .but with the turn of events, having seen how dud-ly Chamakh has proven himself to be,  I wonder why we have to waste that space he is taking up, cheap things almost NEVER give true value  grin

Chiacarito and Suarez didnt need eternity to perform and make their families proud, neither did they have the kind of hype that Chamakh was surrounded with, footie these days dont get u endowed u with enuff time for adaptation . . .or why have people become restless that Wenger hasnt won any in half a dozen years?  undecided

Ol boy you need to stop shagging them Isale Eko hos, they are seriously degrading your brain cells. grin

Suarez and Chicharito didn't need bedding in periods, but others did - Dzeko did, Torres did, amongst others. Chamakh delivered early in the season before fading off. In my view, that is a reasonable return for a first season.

One more comment - Arsenal's goals scored is only 5 behind Utd, and even LESS than Chelski that is above us in the table. The inevitable conclusion from that is that the defensive performance was what killed us. We DO NOT need to be more offensive - if we held on to leads against Sunderland, Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool, we'd be winning the title. The issue is overwhelmingly defensive.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2011
debosky:

One more comment - Arsenal's goals scored is only 5 behind Utd, and even LESS than Chelski that is above us in the table. The inevitable conclusion from that is that the defensive performance was what killed us. We DO NOT need to be more offensive - if we held on to leads against Sunderland, Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool, we'd be winning the title. The issue is overwhelmingly defensive.

U wan thief am? grin grin

That would add up to 8 points . . . we are leading you with 10.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 5:32pm On May 14, 2011
^^

We were leading against Spurs in BOTH games - winning against Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle gives 6 points, winning home and away against Spurs from leading positions (2 goal leads) equals another 5 points. 11 points puts us in the driving seat.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 6:52pm On May 14, 2011
debosky:

^^

We were leading against Spurs in BOTH games - winning against Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle gives 6 points, winning home and away against Spurs from leading positions (2 goal leads) equals another 5 points. 11 points puts us in the driving seat.

seems you have ignored united's silly draws at the start of the season. fulham, everton, birmingham, west brom, sunderland, etc. if we had won those, arsenal wouldn't even be in the race.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2011
Or Chelsea going Belly-up in December-january, If Chelsea had maintained their early season form, Shouldnt they have won the league by December?

Well GAYYners are notoriously reetarded, Has he forgotten how Man Utd lost points to Everton from 3-1 up?

Am sure he would come up with another demented excuse why they were unable to win Birmingham in Wembley, Got shamed by Manure youths at the FA cup and couldnt muster a shot on target in barcelona
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 7:02pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Or Chelsea going Belly-up in December-january, If Chelsea had maintained their early season form, Shouldnt they have won the league by December?

Well GAYYners are notoriously reetarded, Has he forgotten how Man Utd lost points to Everton from 3-1 up?

Am sure he would come up with another demented excuse why they were unable to win Birmingham in Wembley, Got shamed by Manure youths at the FA cup and couldnt muster a shot on target in barcelona

it sucks to be an arsenal fan. look at this. . .

dzeko 1-0 walcott.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mystikal(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2011
That maths sucks.

I can also wake up and say Dzeko 1 - 2 Cesc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 7:17pm On May 14, 2011
^^ You mean FA Cup Cesc won 6 years ago?

Heheh, I see ur brain has rebooted and you've replaced Cesc with Theo cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 7:23pm On May 14, 2011
mystikal:

That maths sucks.

I can also wake up and say Dzeko 1 - 2 Cesc

how so?
the thing about big players is winning everywhere they go. no excuses about funds, managers, bad pitch, bad weather or credit crunch. great players always win. it's been how many years now since cesc and his goons won something? answers on a postcard, please!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2011
^
Ur brain dey touch before? Why u comot fabregas? Imbertov
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 7:58pm On May 14, 2011
dipo2much:

^
your brain dey touch before? Why u comot fabregas? Imbertov

i put this comment down to the symptoms of una trophyless plague. more n more fans will display acute lunacy on these pages. mumuface is currently in a rehab. you'd better join him before you kpai. grin life has no duplicate, you tool!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2011
Congratulations AW for another empty season
The best transfer we will make in the summer might just be trading off Arsene Wenger and bringing in a manager that is ready to win trophies
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 8:32pm On May 14, 2011
rasputinn:

Congratulations AW for another empty season
The best transfer we will make in the summer might just be trading off Arsene Wenger and bringing in a manager that is ready to win trophies

that's harsh on arsene wenger. he had a plan at the start of the season. he beefed up in the areas arsenal were lacking last season. he bought koscielny, djourou stepped up and no one knew vermaelen would be out for a whole season. the midfield was also beefed.

wilshere was pulled back from bolton. song, denilson, cesc, nasri, walcott, arshavin, rosicky, etc were all good enough to mount a serious challenge. finally, wenger signed chamakh - an addition to van persie, bendtner and vela. the only mistake he did was not signing a quality goalie - but szczesny stepped up later in the season.

arsenal failed to win anything this season because of the players themselves - nothing to do with arsene. i think 80% of arsenal players are grossly overrated or punched above their weights to create a false hype. when the push came to a shove, they all failed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On May 14, 2011
coogar:

it sucks to be an arsenal fan. look at this. . .

dzeko 1-0 walcott.

Or this

Obafemi Martins = 1;  ( Diaby + Walcot + Song) Bendtner = 0
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 8:40pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Or this

Obafemi Martins = 1;  ( Diaby + Walcot + Song) Bendtner = 0

dayokanu, your maths is atrocious. any number with an exponential of 0 = 1 grin grin
unless of course you are assuming bendtner is NOT 0 but -1000. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2011
Oh my bad, I didnt know Bendtner still had zero, I thought with the way he drops his shoulder and target the top corner which had Debo splashing this forum with his cuuum would have won him something  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 8:45pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Oh my bad, I didnt know Bendtner still had zero, I thought with the way he drops his shoulder and target the top corner which had Debo splashing this forum with his cuuum would have won him something grin grin grin grin grin grin

on a more serious note. . . . .in your own opinion, what do you think arsenal have to do to win a title? surely, there must be a solution to their fruitless campaigns. thoughts?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2011
See fat Ibime here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510371.1696.html#msg7032397

Also not forgetting the insane amount of link up play of M0r0n Chamakh where he won numerous penariti and assists
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On May 14, 2011
coogar:

on a more serious note. . . . .in your own opinion, what do you think arsenal have to do to win a title? surely, there must be a solution to their fruitless campaigns. thoughts?

First thng SACK Wenger

There should be a bare minimum for a coach. Not spending shouldnt be an excuse.

LVan Gaal didnt spend last summer but that still is not an excuse for him not to get sacked when the team was bleeping up, This was a coach who almost won the treble less than 12 months earlier.

Wenger is the one who hypes his below average players to stratospheric level.

He plays the game where he buys duds and expect them to turn to Chicharito. Its a safe game for him, If he wins he can brag he he loses, he claims it was because its cheap.

Its like a student who doesnt read for exams, If he fails he would claim that it was because he didnt read, He would say "I was able to get 30% by clubbing all semester, just imagine if I read for even 3 days", On the flip side if he passes, he would say " I passed despite not reading, Am I not a genius?"

You get?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 8:53pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

See fat Ibime here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510371.1696.html#msg7032397

Also not forgetting the insane amount of link up play of M0r0n Chamakh where he won numerous penariti and assists

forget obese ibime. his iq is not higher than mumuface's. he told us ronaldo was the reason man utd won 3 titles on a spin. fergie had to loan ronaldo back from real madrid to win it this term. ibime's opinion on football is dire and i stopped taking him serious ages ago when he told us cesc is better than sneijder.

dayokanu:

First thng SACK Wenger

they cannot afford to. who should they sign?

There should be a bare minimum for a coach. Not spending shouldnt be an excuse.

it shouldn't be but it seems gaynners have bought into the nonsense. their debt is far lower than their rivals and yet they have refused to spend and to what end? is there a special prize for having no debt?

LVan Gaal didnt spend last summer but that still is not an excuse for him not to get sacked when the team was bleeping up, This was a coach who almost won the treble less than 12 months earlier.

i agree. bayern's brand will attract any top quality manager in europe. they have the history, the tradition and a special brand. arsenal do not. if wenger resigns, who would they sign?

Wenger is the one who hypes his below average players to stratospheric level.

of course he does. when a club fails to win trophies, other intangibles become important. youngest squad, finest boots, sleekiest pitch, most handsome groundsman, etc.

He plays the game where he buys duds and expect them to turn to Chicharito. Its a safe game for him, If he wins he can brag he he loses, he claims it was because its cheap.

Its like a student who doesnt read for exams, If he fails he would claim that it was because he didnt read, He would say "I was able to get 30% by clubbing all semester, just imagine if I read for even 3 days", On the flip side if he passes, he would say " I passed despite not reading, Am I not a genius?"

You get?

he plays it safe. this is why he has refused to splash. if he had spent £70m like chelsea did in january, surely the fans would be calling for his head now. but as it is, the excuse is still there - the club is broke and he cannot cop quality strikers and yet their accounts suggest they have more than enough to get quality players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2011
On the Chamakh issue, I just laugh.
How do you judge a striker after 3 league games?
HENRY,yes THIERRY HENRY did not score a goal till the 13th/14th match.
I wonder what was being said about him on the internet
How about Pires?
He was at par with Ikedia in his 1st season
I like what I see of Chamakh and its only a matter of time before the goals start coming in.
And . . , .
when I saw RVP go down on saturday and the cameras beamed on Chamakh
My frown changed into a smile.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-439183.2848.html#msg6662000

I told you to let us have a tomfoolery thread for some laughs,

I would be resuscitating the old tomfoolery thread on Monday when more ppl are online, We need to update the thread with new quotes from the new generation Gayyners, New fans, Old dementia
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2011
i will respond to the JET issue, thats the only one worth yarning.

should in case u are selectively blind, debosky read my post again. I SAID BRING HIM TO SIT, AS IN SIT, ON THE BENCH, ROLL WITH THE BIG BOIZ, GET CARLING CUP GAMES AND A FEW CAMEOS.

now in the first placw, for all ur much vaunted support of arsene and his youth policy it is frankly embarassing to see u fault a move that has been tried with the smallies at arsenal time and again. i didnt say put him in the first team.

then again i looked at the setup and realised that the boi has something in common with szcesny, self belief and arrogance coupled with ability, szcesny has not done badly with the chances he got, its about time we know if jet too has it or not. besides performances on loan is not an indication that he will do really great or badly at arsenal. all d ones wey do well on loan no be only wilshere come back to perform? tseew.

on transfer, let every reader judge in urself, which story would u believe, wenger wants to spend over 20mill on benzema or is going after a free frenchie? going by antecedents i think we know wassup.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 9:05pm On May 14, 2011
dayokanu:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-439183.2848.html#msg6662000

I told you to let us have a tomfoolery thread for some laughs,

I would be resuscitating the old tomfoolery thread on Monday when more ppl are online, We need to update the thread with new quotes from the new generation Gayyners, New fans, Old dementia

i actually like chamakh, it's just that he's suited more to 4-4-2 than the 4-3-3 arsene wenger deployed thus making his purchase nonsensical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.