Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? (35913 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by ume1000: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2020
PearlFid:
this is were sincerity comes in, you were not sincere at first, you gave her the money like you owns it.. what stop you from telling her from the onset that it was meeting money? maybe she would have been gathering the money for you, now you want her to remove 100k at once from her business.. well I pray she soften her heart to give u part of it sha
I don't understand this your parasitic comment
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by ume1000: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much prejor from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l
This is what been a simp gets you into

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by King44(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2020
You gave your wife some money and you want to collect it back Only women does that na haba

She is your wifey leave it for her fa... I hope women would be able to reciprocate such out of love but heck no

Your money is our money and my money is my money mentality won't let them rest.

If your mom asks your to loan her money would you collect it back?

You can only get it back if you don't have enough, it is reasonable.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by ume1000: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
that means she was wright anyway. NOTED
My dear you don't owe a woman Chi Chi

The sooner you know this the better for you

Whatever happens to her savings abi she no dey work
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by mkoabiola: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Nawa oo.

Ur meeting ppu will nver trust u again.

But ur wife sef wicked ooo

She no ready release money way she borrow.

Women Sha
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by pocohantas(f): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Let’s forget she is your wife and obviously not credit-worthy. Who loans a startup N100,000 and expects the money back in 3wks-1mth?

What business did she go into? Drugs?

How do you expect her to have your money back in such short duration? That is the first question you should have asked yourself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by babyfaceafrica: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
kurlz:

The error started from him. You don't borrow someone what you don't have no matter who the person is.
He should have stood his ground that he doesn't have, heaven wouldn't have fallen.

Yes you are right. But I must tell you,
Only 10% out of 100 will return money they borrowed from their husbands.

He should have prepared his mind.
Another law says don't borrow people what you can't let go of if the worse comes to worse.

How do people survive these types of no-integrity marriages?.... Lesson learnt though... Don't borrow women money, no matter how close, even at the point of death!!
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by sulasa07(m): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:
Wicked and criminal minded treasurer is what u are.

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!
Is Buhari not GOD sent or na Devil send him? shocked
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by hustla(m): 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much [b]prejor[/b]from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l

LOL

Prejor

You lack sense
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Beninwitch: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
Oga, you are suffering the sins of all the husbands that would borrow money from wife but never return it.

Sorry eh! Na so he dey pain us too. � grin
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by babyfaceafrica: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
How did you come About such a wife?.. If she doesn't return it, move on and find another source!.. Next time, you will ìṣe your brain and not your emotions... Women and money are siamese twins
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
u shud have not borrowed her the money because it was not your personal money.If it was your money,there wud have being no problem because you are not on a time frame.when you borrow your spouse money,you should be ready to let go at some point.Am not married but my fiancee told me to follow her to H medix in Abuja to buy some things,she noticed that she forgot her ATM at home and she told me to pay for the items with mine and swore to transfer it back to me.when we got home she asked fr my acct number and sent it,brothers and sisters do u Knw DAT she no let me rest, telling me I even had the effontry to quote my acct number fr her to transfer my money,even when I travelled back to my base,na disturb everyday to re transfer back the money.I did not rest till I sent back the money.This is someone that when I borrow money from her I pay back and she collects.Na so women life be.U bleeped up OP.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by TheWalkingMind: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:

Do I care if it's careless...are u honest or is it by just saying it. When money matter comes up,then u will know a true Nigerian.
You haven't met 0.001% of Nigerians. That statement of all Nigerians not honest is irresponsible
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by kkinternet: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Are you for real
Oga go relax ooooo na for better for worse.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by kurlz(f): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

How do people survive these types of no-integrity marriages?.... Lesson learnt though... Don't borrow women money, no matter how close, even at the point of death!!

Ahahhaha it's not this bad o.
I'm not yet married, I borrow from my male friends and I return it.
In this situation we are talking about marriage is involved so it's different.
Even the Bible says the two shall become one.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by kikelomojessy(f): 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hmmmm , op u have made a very big mistake. Dnt ever borrow anyone (wife, friend, family) money entrusted in Ur care if you can't replace it with Ur own money. When dealing with the public and money is involve ensure u are very principled, give them back their money at the right time to maintain the trust they have in u.

As for your wife, u ha e made a mistake giving her the money and she isn't ready to give it back to you even when she knows it will put u in trouble or may e she does t want to give it back to you cos she knows you ain't telling her the truth about the money. Just let her know that what ever befalls u will also affect her, if your reputation is ruin outside she will be pointed at too.
Also let her know you won't out a fine into her biz again cos she has showed you she is not a supportive spouse.

Sit her down and talk sense into her and if she still will not give you anything from the money, pls find a way to get the money.

God bless u family.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by lereinter(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Very funny husband

You loaned your wife other people money without informing her

Just carry your immaturity and stupid to your mentor buhari
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by lereinter(m): 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!

How do you know there's no honest nigerian alive

If you and others you know of are dishonest, that doesn't mean everyone is.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
d33types:

Check the poor grammar by both handles.. they're consistent.

I said this guy did it to me. In my case he only substituted some of the words i used with their synonyms. Grammar In tact.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Vyolet(f): 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
May God save us from poverty.

200,000naira is what you are dragging from your wife.

God will hill you.

Next time, you won't touch money that is kept in your care, that's a careless attitude.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by brainhgeek(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
OP, I dey shame for you. Abeg, how old are you?
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by babyfaceafrica: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
kurlz:

Ahahhaha it's not this bad o.
I'm not yet married, I borrow from my male friends and I return it.
In this situation we are talking about marriage is involved so it's different.
Even the Bible says the two shall become one.
so because we are married, we should owe ourselves money because we are one?.. Issorite!!.. Lesson learnt
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by babyfaceafrica: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
u shud have not borrowed her the money because it was not your personal money.If it was your money,there wud have being no problem because you are not on a time frame.when you borrow your spouse money,you should be ready to let go at some point.Am not married but my fiancee told me to follow her to H medix in Abuja to buy some things,she noticed that she forgot her ATM at home and she told me to pay for the items with mine and swore to transfer it back to me.when we got home she asked fr my acct number and sent it,brothers and sisters do u Knw DAT she no let me rest, telling me I even had the effontry to quote my acct number fr her to transfer my money,even when I travelled back to my base,na disturb everyday to re transfer back the money.I did not rest till I sent back the money.This is someone that when I borrow money from her I pay back and she collects.Na so women life be.U bleeped up OP.
and you will still marry this lady for house after this?
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
pocohantas:
Let’s forget she is your wife and obviously not credit-worthy. Who loans a startup N100,000 and expects the money back in 3wks-1mth?

What business did she go into? Drugs?

How do you expect her to have your money back in such short duration? That is the first question you should have asked yourself.

How do you get to read my mind grin
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by SpartanKing: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
You too, imagine you went to the bank to withdraw your hard-earned money, but the bank is telling you: we lent your money to investors; therefore, there's no money!
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by kurlz(f): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
so because we are married, we should owe ourselves money because we are one?.. Issorite!!.. Lesson learnt

Ahahahhaha.

That's no debt o.
It's mutual money/benefits. wink
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by SpartanKing: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:

Terrible!
One person's misbehaviour is never a reflection of the behaviour of ALL Nigerians. So far, nobody has spoken in support of the OP's misdeeds. We should mind our choice of words, period!
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by victorian(f): 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
noted, I will do this.but do husband borrow wife money and got it back, I want to know?

No.
It creates bad blood later

Even in stable relationship. My man does not borrow me money but invest money on me, cos he knows it will benefit him and me on the long run.
His benefit : I don't need to ask for little change to buy things except big funds at times
My benefit : I can save and take care of my needs from proceeds from my business without him being around all the time.

It's not cool borrowing ones companion Money, no matter the amount.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by SirMichael1: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
The number one rule in borrowing states that 'do not borrow what you can't give without feeling the impact'. Lending money is like staking a bet - consider such money gone and if (not 'when') it come back, be happy.
Just explain to your wife. If she believes and understand, fine. But if not, go borrow the money from someone else.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Danzakidakura(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:

Terrible!
you will make heaven. All your sins are forgiving.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by dasauce(m): 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
she insists that I own the money that it doesn't don in moon or star talkless of earth that husband give wife loan.i should ask my mum

It's not hard na... Just let her know you'll report her to the Pastor before the meeting day, and you'll let the church elders know she stole the money from you.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by ledaman: 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bros you messed up big time because you empowered you wife @ the expense of your trust as a treasurer! You need to tell both your mum and your wife the bitter Truth how the money was gotten. Let her start paying instalments, but be rest assured you can't get all the money back!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

88-year-old Man Seeks Divorce From 55-year-old Wife Over Infidelity / He Is Lazy In Bed And He Can No Longer Satisfy Me Sexually - Woman Tells Court / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.