Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? (35900 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by tiswell(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

of course.. it's your duty to take care of her. it's your duty to spend in her.. not her duty to spend on you
Simps everywhere.

And natural law says she can't take care of him too?

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by afroxyz: 7:59am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
men do not withdraw, they deposits. ask your father

So you know that men only deposit and you have your wife money meant for church, only for you to come on nairaland to seek advice on how to get it back. You are a simp.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by cooltola(m): 7:59am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by OpeoluR(f): 8:02am On Sep 28, 2020
Mood11:
Your signature says, "Maturity is ur ability not to lie, but don't say the whole truth"

Maybe you should apply what you have on your signature when you get to the meeting next month. Be very mature, don't lie to them but also don't say the whole truth about the whereabouts of the money.

Money you give to your wife be like mutual funds, if you try to withdraw it suddenly it won't come out complete.

Be subtracting it from the soup money small small grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by engrelvis(m): 8:04am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much prejor from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l
U v already made a mistake.To collect borrowed money from yr wife is very difficult Just sit her down n talk.Explain d situation to her.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by andyanders: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2020
lielbree:
There are too many small boys here to guve u any cogent advice.

You yourself appear to be quite immature. Maturity comes with experience.

Have a heart to heart discussion with your wife. The truth is a husband sets up a small business for his wife should not expect repayment not to talk of immediate repayment so I understand your wife's position.

You should have told her from the beginning that it's not your personal money. Find way to borrow and repay the trust money. Most importantly COMMUNICATION. Let your wife know fully what you are going through...

My brother, the issue with op and his problem here is that he is a very crafty person and narrow minded.

First, the wife had to go to his mother to report him before he gave her the money.

Is she not doing the business to help him in order to make her independent? The guy is not being economical with the truth. Maybe, if the wife is here and open up her own side of the story, u will knw his type.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by focus7: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2020
If you give your girlfriend that money will you be asking her back
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2020
How did you even get married , you not mature enough to be marriage, you might be of age but you don't have mind of your own, my brother hustle to raise back 100k meetings kept in your hand abeg.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by fredoooooo: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2020
Hahaha you borrow woman money.. e don enter voice mail grin
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by opomulero(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much prejor from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l

one thing i can deduce from you write up, if what u write is true and nothing but the truth is that you dont have a mind of your own.

you first allow your mother to push you do what you are not capable of doing that moment by accepting the advice from her and acted on the advice promptly (im not saying the advice is not good or you shoudnt accept advice from your mum, but u should have waited till when u are bouyant enough to do something better for your wife)

secondly, giving her church money shows you dont have a stabilized thinking. i doubt your integrity here and u cant even tell ur wife you dont have money now.
of u tell her dt it church money earlier she would have been in the know how the money tey come.

thirdly, i dont see you as faithful nd truthful husband, u cant even tell ur wife ur current situation, my brother na early grave u dey lay with o ( good somen are wonderful if u are straightforward with them).

fourthly, which kind of family are u raising, your wife referring you to your mother is awkward or maybe that how you too refer her to her parents.

lastly tell her the truth bout the money if she refused considering you, let go, u av learned d hard way and know the type of woman u marry.

wehdomne

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by hush15: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:

Simple question....

U borrow the money back...
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Ekemax: 8:24am On Sep 28, 2020
why are u calling for drama on NL when u could just tell ur wife its the church money and she has to return it, then work hard for 50% of the money should in case she returns part of it..
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by lomprico(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
accepted, advice needed please

which advice do u want us to give u? how to raise 100k in 3 weeks?
every Nigerian wants to know how to do that also.

why can't u tell her u took money from association purse to give her and she should return it back?
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 28, 2020
ayodele17893:
a pal said I should stop buying foodstuffs at residence to save the funds,but I don't buy everyday. I buy in deer which we still have at residence.
I buy in antelope too sometimes
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by andyanders: 8:27am On Sep 28, 2020
Op, I have gone through your post but can only deduce that you are nothing, but a crafty minded person and ur wife knew your kind of man you are, hence her refusal to return the money. You're not in an open relationship with your wife, hence her attitude.

Must you borrow her money to start up business or assist to set up business for her if she is not a working type?

You gave her an extra 100k to add to her business without telling her the source and u are here asking if giving/lending ur wife money is wrong. YOU ARE RIGHT GIVING HER MONEY, BUT WRONG ASKING FOR A REFUND.

If I were to be your wife, one naira, I'll not give you. I'm a man and cannot act like a crafty individual that you are.

Look for the money and pay back OR... Be open to your wife. You are the type that make women see men as bad people.

You are not reasonable.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by lomprico(m): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

I buy in antelope too sometimes

grin grin
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by TheWalkingMind: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:
Wicked and criminal minded treasurer is what u are.

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!
Your last paragraph is senseless.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Origin(f): 8:28am On Sep 28, 2020
The topic alone made me laugh grin

Husbands do not borrow wifes money...

Marrriage 101!
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Wierdceo: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2020
How people let just one person come into their lives and destroy legacy and trust that took years to build baffles me. All in the name of wife. Bullshit!!! Can't u throw the dishonest woman out so she go know say u serious? That woman can ruin u and leave you with nothing . Ur friends, gone , ur money, gone.

She's dishonest. How can she collect the money in the name of borrowing and then change mouth when it's time to pay . It clearly shows she can't build with you.

U said u r trying to be an Alpha male but u got it wrong . Apha males don't pretend .They say shit as it is. If u don't have, tell it that you dont have.

Borrow and pay the money because she won't pay obviously and dont let ur meeting people know anything about it. When it's time just give them their money .

And anything that happens after this problem about u and ur wife is completely up to you. If u can live with her , fine. If u can't , throw her out. Rubbish.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by jimter44(m): 8:33am On Sep 28, 2020
People like you are the bane of retrogressiveness that is perverting this country. You lack integrity and morals. The second 100k you gave her is not your money, but money kept in your care. You ought not to touch that money. If you are the minster of finance, this country is finished. Therefore, carry your cross.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
when they tell you guys to be totally honest with your wives about money, you will say we're talking rubbish, why didnt you tell her the second 100k was borrowed from somewhere, you wanted to appear like a rich guy to her bah.... smh
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by mamaafrik(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

This your wife, isn't someone you can involve in all your dealings, she isn't a very straight person.
if there is something i agreed about his wife
She is not straight forward.
she is not respectful
she is most likely not going to be successful in Business

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by maasoap(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:
Wicked and criminal minded treasurer is what u are.

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

Right on point.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!

Even you? Total and complete fallacy
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
are you kidding me? it means she was right and am wrong. I fall a victim.
the best thing you can do right now is to threaten her....pack your clothes in her present like you're moving out for a month to look for the 100k to pay back your church people... if she doesn't stop you... move to a friend's place and off your fone for one or two days. don't go home.... she will rethink and coff the money

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
mind the advices you take OP. Kids plenty here..

Sit her down and discuss the whole truth with her. She would understand and pay back.

if she doesn't, the aftermath would both affect you two. and that means you won't ever borrow her money again but give her the amount you can afford to give not borrow..

don't forget,don't act stupidly or take nonsense decision..

SHE'S YOUR WIFE

She's heartless, cunning, manipulative and untrustworthy. No apology

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Champneys: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:

What is Prejor?

In the first place, i think what we need to address here is the fact that you dipped into your association's funds and lent/gave it to your wife.

You are a criminal and so is your wife too.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by samology2000: 8:59am On Sep 28, 2020
The office of the Treasurer is not for the weak minded. To avoid further trouble never take such a position or office again.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by kurlz(f): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Oga forget it.
You don't loan your wife money. You give her. If she needs a loan she should go to the bank.
That one has entered voicemail
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Ygrette(f): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2020
Your wife is wicked and heartless. She lacks morals. Money borrowed is money borrowed, spouse or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by maasoap(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

1 how to do you expect her to make make a profit, when she doesnt value paying back the starting capital you gave her ?

2 ask her " husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back " was it you or her ? whatever the answer tell her you never agreed to such

Agreed!

3 Sorry for this Why do NIGERIANS always say i opened "business for my wife " its like you operate as two independant people when you are married, your financials should be run by both as whatever happens would affects both directly so the starting capitals was supposed to be raise by both of you

This is rarely the case in Nigeria and everywhere
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2020
Ygrette:
Your wife is wicked and heartless. She lacks morals. Money borrowed is money borrowed, spouse or not.

Much love. That's like obtaining by tricks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Ygrette(f): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2020
kurlz:
Oga forget it.
You don't loan your wife money. You give her. If she needs a loan she should go to the bank.
That one has entered voicemail

You are wrong. What ever happened to integrity? An agreement is an agreement. She should have negotiated that before collecting the money, that is, tell her husband what she's telling him now. What she's doing now is fraudulent. She's a cheat and a liar. It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than to find a honest person these days. Ahn ahn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Annoying Attitudes Some Men Display / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.