Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? (35926 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by RealAlubarika(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much prejor from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l

You should have told her that the additional 100k you gave her is from the meeting(I.e you borrowed it) ab-initio
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Otogah: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:
Wicked and criminal minded treasurer is what u are.

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!
exactly, people like this put us where we are today. People money on your care are not your money.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Hoojay(f): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2020
Lesson: you don't loan the money you cannot dash to a woman, few like us are faithful grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Orpe7(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2020
There is famous saying
He who owns the slave, owns the slave's property
Why worry about a mere 100k when you can enjoy the bounty of the business when it starts booming grin

But on second thought, ure a mumu man
How can you loan someone the money that was entrusted in your care.
Common treasurer u don dey misbehave, if u now become CBN governor nko

Yeye nigerian
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by WEALTH304(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2020
bro.. please take heart..that's how ladies are..
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Facidio: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2020
Your wife is just being wicked.... Husband's borrow wives money. Wen my wife wanted starting her business I gave her money. But as the business grows.... If she needs emergency money to go to market, I borrow her and she pays back. I currently burrowed her almost a million. Just that I do give her a very long time to pay back and she does blpay back. I have been borrowing her even before we got married. If I have money that I don't have use for at a point, I give to her to use to stock her shop. Wen I need it she gives me back

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by awa(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Forget it
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by mukhcech(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
a friend said I should stop buying food at home to save the money,but I don't buy everyday. I buy in buck which we still have at home.

Don't you dare do that. This is where you can be alpha male. Making provision for the home. Not borrowing her meeting money.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by jaxxy(m): 7:24am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
it started like this,I give her money to start business after much prejor from my mum that you need wife to be doing something bra bra bra.i give her 100k to start.she later come back to tell me that the money is not enough since she need to secure portion (OK bizz).now I give her another 100k that is not my money(meeting money)b/c am the treasurer.but i didn't tell her that it is meeting money and meeting is closing next month.when I ask her, she said that husband doesn't borrow wife money and get it back I should ask my mum.Elder please is it true b/c I don't know how to make 100k in the next 3weeks.l

U gave u wife money she doesn’t deserve, value or appreciate. Her comments are disappointing knowing she ask u to borrow and not give. Words shud be kept. Let her know the true source of the money and for her to make sure u get it back by 3weeks.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by alizma: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
1. Your wife lied about money given to spouse as non refundable money.
2. It is not her fault because she is lazy and she wasn't the one begging for money to start business that is why she doesn't know the value of what you did for her.
3. You shouldn't have given her money kept in your custody for safety.
4. I will advise you tell her the source of the money and the need to return it in 2weeks time
5. Go back to your mum and explain to her and let her know that you will be disgraced if that money doesn't come out in 2weeks time from now.
Finally talk to friends on your need for urgent loan but don't let your wife and mother know that you are asking for loan from friends. All this is to ensure that you don't fail to meet up in 3weeks time when the money will be needed by your association. Success

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by SaintUlot: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
Plead to her to lend you the money for now that i could bring shame and distrust to the family and accepts that husband don't borrows wife money but gives.

You get too much sense

Still buying all Gift cards @ good rate
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Coldfeets: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:

Take her to Judge Judy.

She will make her pay you back immediately.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by queenfav(f): 7:30am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
I don't know how to do this
lol, wonderful
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by gaskiyamagana: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Pussy don chop chop the money. You are a mumu husband.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Jabioro: 7:31am On Sep 28, 2020
Go and borrow online loan to covered or maintain your integrity before the meeting..there are one thousand and one apps..After that you little be style to collect from her but be diplomatic...She love and you love...her too..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by nedekid: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2020
Meeting money shocked
That was why I stopped doing ajor with my meeting people.
When it was time to pay, one if our guy started stories. Took him 3 months to settle me and 5 months the next person. Last last friendship don end.
Meanwhile Guyman was flexing 3somes, blowing 75k at a sitting on alcohol, red label, henne etc with cranberry, heavy flexing.
Oga find their meeting money to give them. What you did is called "putting eye" in what is not yours. (that is touching your meeting money for personal issues).

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by DonBenny77(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
Hahahahahas
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by udomma1005(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
I bet you don't need to know how to do that shocked
Google codedruns first b4 anything else cool
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by queenfav(f): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
please abuses are not enough, anybody reading this post should flog me but help out on solutions, do husband borrow wife money and get it back?elders please, i want to know if I was wrong
Errm,it depends on the husband and wife involved.I pay my husband back his money when he gives me loans to do my business which is very capital intensive.Same with him too,he pays me back when i loan him money for projects or use my money for some stuffs at home when he doesn't have funds available at the moment.If your wife can't be trusted with 100k from her husband,how can she handle millions?My husband at times asks me to pay only a fraction of the loan and leaves the rest for me as a way of supporting me.Otherwise,we pay back loans.When u marry,check your spouse's character before playing some kain play with money.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by shaggy007(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2020
dingbang:
Well, I still don't get why you gave your wife church money! That's unethical of you.

Where did he say he gave his wife church money

So, meeting money is now church money?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by lielbree: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2020
There are too many small boys here to guve u any cogent advice.

You yourself appear to be quite immature. Maturity comes with experience.

Have a heart to heart discussion with your wife. The truth is a husband sets up a small business for his wife should not expect repayment not to talk of immediate repayment so I understand your wife's position.

You should have told her from the beginning that it's not your personal money. Find way to borrow and repay the trust money. Most importantly COMMUNICATION. Let your wife know fully what you are going through. So that she doesn't take things for granted.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Kaybaba5(m): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
my brother said I should try my best till the meeting day but if I could not raise the money,I should auction her goods and pay it. I cant afford to loose trust build for years because of one single mistake.it is terrible

Don't even try that
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by sylve11: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

don't forget,don't act stupidly or take nonsense decision..

Aha! smiley cool
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Guyman02: 7:38am On Sep 28, 2020
Atk1nson:

Baba, it's like this everywhere o. Women rarely return money back, although it should be easier with your wife, just tell her you will borrow from someone with interest and deduct at source from your contribution to the home. So she should prepare for hard times.

Don't be fooled again sha, I personally don't borrow women money because I found out its difficult asking them to repay. I just give them what I can afford to loose.

I helped a lady to borrow money by standing as surety, till now she has refused to pay back after several months, in order not to damage trust reposed on me I have to pay the money to the owner without telling her while waiting for her to repay and I explained the situation to the owner.
Borrowing money to women can be risky, if you mount pressure she will play the feminine card.

Let him look for where to borrow to repay to maintain his hard earned reputation before the meeting date and learn his lesson from it. The best she can do is to give him a little amount and I doubt if he can get up to N50K

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by ib0221: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
Sorry, I cannot understand you. You expect your wife to pay back money you gave her. You don't even expect your girlfriend to pay back. Your woman owns you. You don't pay back to yourself. However, if you borrow from her you must pay back unless you're not the head of the house.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by femi4: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2020
jomarq:
Learn not to be secretive in your marriage. Be open to your wife, tell her that the money is not yours and she ll definitely make effort to pay back
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2020
When funding a biz for ur new wife . Make sure her hard earned money is about 50% .. just watch and see how she will take the biz serious. Never mention it to her @ the early stage she would contribute oh.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Alexaonfleek: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2020
Rubbish!
Shebi you allowed your mummy to pressurize you.
Instead of waiting for when you both have enough money to start up a business.
You want to collect the money back from her now,where do u want her to get it from?
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2020
ibechris:
Wicked and criminal minded treasurer is what u are.

People like u are the cause of our problem in Nigeria seriously. Money kept in ur care is what u gave to ur lazy wife.

There is simply no honest Nigerian alive,all u see are heartless men and women pretending to be God sent.
Terrible!

What's lazy about his wife?
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by andyanders: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2020
Op, I have gone through your post but can only deduce that you are nothing, but a crafty minded person and ur wife knew your kind of man you are, hence her refusal to return the money. You're not in an open relationship with your wife, hence her attitude.

Must you borrow her money to start up business or assist to set up business for her if she is not a working type?

You gave her an extra 100k to add to her business without telling her the source and u are here asking if giving/lending ur wife money is wrong. YOU ARE RIGHT GIVING HER MONEY, BUT WRONG ASKING FOR A REFUND.

If I were to be your wife, one naira, I'll not give you. I'm a man and cannot act like a crafty individual that you are.

Look for the money and pay back OR...
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by dingbang(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2020
akmath:
You don make me go read everything again and I know see church..
keep reading. As you no get work.
Re: How Do I Get My Wife To Pay Back Money I Loaned To Her? by Omo9ice1(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2020
No be ur wife? Wetin u expect afterall u dey pull off her 'bra bra bra' ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Is Lazy In Bed And He Can No Longer Satisfy Me Sexually - Woman Tells Court / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.