Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (12027 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2020
sonmvayina:

OK..so sorry
Why did God want a son ?

The Almighty God, hold the title as the grand creator of everything and is called 'The Father'

Any being created by God are his Son!
Humans are God's son
Angels are sons of God
same with Jesus'!

Appit

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

The Almighty God, hold the title as the grand creator of everything and is called 'The Father'

Any being created by God are his Son!
Humans are God's son
Angels are sons of God
same with Jesus'!

Appit

Lol..I like your answer..so why did you single jesus out?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Why do you ask? undecided

I want to know the relationship you have with him and the creator..? And how he is important to anything ..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Why do you ask? undecided

Do you subscribe to the trinity ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..I like your answer..so why did you single jesus out?

What do you mean by "singling out Jesus"?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

What do you mean by "singling out Jesus"?

Oh..sorry, I am working on the assumption that you are a christian..or are you not ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

Oh..sorry, I am working on the assumption that you are a christian..or are you not ?

I'm a christian
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

I'm a christian

If we are all sons and dsughters of God, where did you single out one of his son for worship ?

Why not do as every other person who is not a christian does..Go to God directly ..

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

I'm a christian

That bring us to my initial question.

Why did God want a son (jesus)?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
What exactly do you know about the first century carpenter because as far as i'm concerned, Jesus was a first century Jewish carpenter turn teacher and according to the book (Bible) Jesus was the best counselor ever whose teaching has helped many, though there are oppotunists everywhere, they seize all chances to enslave others but i'm certain that without Jesus' teaching there will never be any group, organization or society in the midst of which peace will reign!
I have found a group who are working day and night to put everything Jesus taught to practice, and i have become a living witness that Jesus is the only begotten SON of the true God!
This means if there is a God who truly love us and want us to live happy lives, Jesus must be his first born or creature that knows all what God want to tell us!

sonmvayina:

I want to know the relationship you have with him and the creator..? And how he is important to anything ..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
Though i've been hearing about it right from my teenage but there is nothing like Trinity in the Bible! smiley

sonmvayina:

Do you subscribe to the trinity ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

If we are all sons and dsughters of God, where did you single out one of his son for worship ?

Why not do as every other person who is not a christian does..Go to God directly ..

You believe in the Old covenant right?

why do we need a mediator for the old covenant?
Why can't every of the Jewish offer their sacrifice individually?

Meditate on this and you'll have ur answer
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

That bring us to my initial question.

Why did God want a son (jesus)?

When God created the first 'Human' , he was called the ' Son of God'
As a virtue of being created by God, Jesus is called the 'Son of God' having qualities like his father.
Reframe your question
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

When God created the first 'Human' , he was called the ' Son of God'
As a virtue of being created by God, Jesus is called the 'Son of God' having qualities like his father.
Reframe your question

Are you insinuating that God is a man? We are all sons and daughters of God...so what role is jesus playing in the scheme of things ..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
haddeylium:

You believe in the Old covenant right?

why do we need a mediator for the old covenant?
Why can't every of the Jewish offer their sacrifice individually?

Meditate on this and you'll have ur answer

What do you mean by old covenant ? Are you in any way saying God made a mistake the first time ? What is old and new convrnant ? I don't really know what you mean...

God never asked for a mediator ..in fact, he even forbade it in its commandments " Do not have any other God before me " No mediator or intermediary ..

Where did you get the idea of a mediator?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Though i've been hearing about it right from my teenage but there is nothing like Trinity in the Bible! smiley

OK, what role is jesus playing in your belief ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
What exactly do you know about the first century carpenter because as far as i'm concerned, Jesus was a first century Jewish carpenter turn teacher and according to the book (Bible) Jesus was the best counselor ever whose teaching has helped many, though there are oppotunists everywhere, they seize all chances to enslave others but i'm certain that without Jesus' teaching there will never be any group, organization or society in the midst of which peace will reign!
I have found a group who are working day and night to put everything Jesus taught to practice, and i have become a living witness that Jesus is the only begotten SON of the true God!
This means if there is a God who truly love us and want us to live happy lives, Jesus must be his first born or creature that knows all what God want to tell us!

What is the nature of God , and his attributes and Why does he need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2020
Moses mediated between God and the Israelites after delivering them out of Egyptian bondage, likewise Jesus is the mediator between God and everyone today.
sonmvayina:

OK, what role is jesus playing in your belief ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Moses mediated between God and the Israelites after delivering them out of Egyptian bondage, likewise Jesus is the mediator between God and everyone today.

Lol...I know moses did not exist, so like wise jesus...

They are both fictional characters...

Thanks for the confirmation..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
There are many Gods so their natures/ attributes can't be the same!
sonmvayina:

What is the nature of God , and his attributes and Why does he need a son?
@ bolded, can you tell me who exactly told you that God need son? smiley
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Na wah o! cheesy
So through whom did the Israelites got the law you've been shouting since o? cheesy
You've repeatedly typed "You must not have another God beside me" cheesy

Abeg who God send to give those laws to the Israelites? cheesy

sonmvayina:

Lol...I know moses did not exist, so like wise jesus...
They are both fictional characters...
Thanks for the confirmation..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Na wah o! cheesy
So through whom did the Israelites got the law you've been shouting since o? cheesy
You've repeatedly typed "You must not have another God beside me" cheesy

Abeg who God send to give those laws to the Israelites? cheesy

It is called an epic...you read it and learn the message in it....God is neither a man,nor a human being...
I just discuss context first, since that is the basis of this forum..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
There are many Gods so their natures/ attributes can't be the same!

@ bolded, can you tell me who exactly told you that God need son? smiley

Don't make it look like we are going in circles...who is jesus then ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

What do you mean by old covenant ? Are you in any way saying God made a mistake the first time ? What is old and new convrnant ? I don't really know what you mean...
God never asked for a mediator ..in fact, he even forbade it in its commandments " Do not have any other God before me " No mediator or intermediary ..
Where did you get the idea of a mediator?

I would have answered you but you're chasing the wrong question.
If you think the Bible is mythical ..why you interested in looking for an answer in it?
what difference would that make?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38am On Nov 09, 2020
Guy if Moses never existed then it simply mean there was no law in the first place and where there is no law there is certainly no crime.
I've been sarcastic with you from the onset because i know you don't have anything worthwhile to offer, is it not you who has been shouting that God will punish idolaters? So if Moses never existed and there was nothing like commandments then where did you get the idea that God will punish anyone? smiley

sonmvayina:

It is called an epic...you read it and learn the message in it....God is neither a man,nor a human being...
I just discuss context first, since that is the basis of this forum..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2020
OK i PERSONALLY choose Jesus as my own God, what have you got to say about that? grin

sonmvayina:

Don't make it look like we are going in circles...who is jesus then ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
OK i PERSONALLY choose Jesus as my own God, what have you got to say about that? grin

Number 23:19..it is idolatry ..it violates the 2nd commandment of the creator..you are no different from somebody who is worshipping the moon or a snake...

"Do not make the image or LIKENESS of anything in heaven ,on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down yo them or serve them"
So worshipping a God created in the image and likeness of a man is forbidden..

Jesus is supposed yo be a man..isn't he ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2020
haddeylium:

I would have answered you but you're chasing the wrong question.
If you think the Bible is mythical ..why you interested in looking for an answer in it?
what difference would that make?

I know the bible is not a history text book...I know it is a spiritual manual to guide my path, it is like a lamp..I read it to know and improve my knowledge of God..

"My people perish for lack of knowledge...."
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2020
You've nullified the highlighted and the bolded by saying "Moses never existed" so that makes both highlighted and bolded meaningless! cheesy

sonmvayina:

Number 23:19..it is idolatry ..it violates the 2nd commandment of the creator..you are no different from somebody who is worshipping the moon or a snake...

"Do not make the image or LIKENESS of anything in heaven ,on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down yo them or serve them"
So worshipping a God created in the image and likeness of a man is forbidden..

Jesus is supposed yo be a man..isn't he ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Emusan(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

So when will you know that your organization claimed that Jesus is only a MEDIATOR for the 144,000 ONLY and not for EVERYONE TODAY as you claim here

You must have read this in your Bible by yourself and not come across it in watchtower, that's why you can say this.

Your one line of thought isn't working here, go and get brainwashed in the belief that Jesus is a MEDIATOR for 144,000 only before you get disfellowsip shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

I know the bible is not a history text book...I know it is a spiritual manual to guide my path, it is like a lamp..I read it to know and improve my knowledge of God..
"My people perish for lack of knowledge...."

When there are several books that discussed god. why did you choose the Bible?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
ARGUMENTATIVE Emusan! cheesy
When will you stop this wahala nah? cheesy
The Watchtower's teaching is deeper than what Apostates are feeding you, because they're out of the group doesn't make them sincere my friend, Jesus is the one and only mediator between God and every man but you need to study the way God arranged the worship Israel practice back then. The Highpriest pictures Jesus and the Levites pictures the 144,000, you can pray to Jehovah anywhere you are but when it comes to sacrifices you must do this through the Levites and it's the Highpriest that mediated between God and the Levitical priesthood.
That's what the Watchtower is saying, just as there is no form of worship God approves if it doesn't come through the Levitical priesthood and the Highpriest.
There is no form of Christianity that God accepts if it's not through the 144,000 and Jesus.
So Christianity is through the 144,000 (Priests and Kings) to Jesus (Melchizedek/Highpriest) to JEHOVAH!
That's why you will never find a religion claiming Christian where there form of worship is like Jehovah's Witnesses, they can't go that far as to reach out to all the parts of the earth neither can their teachings have great impact on their members like that of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Just calm down and listen to what we have to say first, instead of anticipating disfellowship for JWs when you've not gotten all the details! wink

Emusan:

So when will you know that your organization claimed that Jesus is only a MEDIATOR for the 144,000 ONLY and not for EVERYONE TODAY as you claim here

You must have read this in your Bible by yourself and not come across it in watchtower, that's why you can say this.

Your one line of thought isn't working here, go and get brainwashed in the belief that Jesus is a MEDIATOR for 144,000 only before you get disfellowsip shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Seeking God's Confirmation Before Marriage. / 10 Signs To Identify Fake Pastors / No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.