Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11978 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol ,you don't really know anything..who told you Ogun was a man, is Ogun not iron ?

Please stop displaying your ignorance here..

Guy you're talking to a real Yoruba man, Ogun was the King of Ire, that's why he's called "Onire" Sorry you're just hungry for arguments but on that level you can't go that far!

Ògún was a human and god, but let's keep that in a cooler, what about Sàngó, was he also not human and god? cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 9:28am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

True worshippers of who?

JEHOVAH!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:40am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Ohh, but you foolishly believe he has a son, and you are worshipping his son..how convenient ..you see your self.
I am not, I am just scared of people like you who can't tell right from wrong except they read it in a book..

The point is i can engage in anything i want as a god on my own, if i am a God i don't need to fear or report to anyone.
Whatever i do is part of my own experience, nobody is concerned, not even the god of Israel should be a problem Sir!
So it's still the same logic my guy, Churchgoers threaten those under them, Muslims do the same and you're now trying to do the same but the point is your own group is not visible yet! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Hahahhaha, exactly..so you have not still figured it out that you are on the wrong road..I am trying to make you think deeply about what you believe, but you are too blind to see it..

Shine your eyes, you have been lied to..

Guy a god cannot be wrong, whatever he does is part of the experience! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Sonmvayina said that you're a God but he wants to decide what is right and wrong for you grin grin
In that case his own God pass your own grin
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Enjoy the experience..you don't need to be a member of a cult..
Death simply means return to default..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

The point is i can engage in anything i want as a god on my own, if i am a God i don't need to fear or report to anyone.
Whatever i do is part of my own experience, nobody is concerned, not even the god of Israel should be a problem Sir!
So it's still the same logic my guy, Churchgoers threaten those under them, Muslims do the same and you're now trying to do the same but the point is your own group is not visible yet! cheesy

Enjoy the experience, you don't need to be a member of any cult and believe absurdities.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

JEHOVAH!

Who or what is Jehovah ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Guy you're talking to a real Yoruba man, Ogun was the King of Ire, that's why he's called "Onire" Sorry you're just hungry for arguments but on that level you can't go that far!

Ògún was a human and god, but let's keep that in a cooler, what about Sàngó, was he also not human and god? cheesy

Do you know the meaning of personification, allegory and metaphor ?..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Lol. Hope your brain isn't paining you. Stay there and wait for magic to happen

Do you sleep with other peoples wife ? Or insult your parents ?.when faced with such situation do you consult the bible to know if you should do it or not ?...catch up please..your conscience tells you it is wrong...

God job is done ,he has engraved his laws in your heart..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

So God will just write it in the hearts of just anybody? Please you're just digressing now
Who is the mediator of the new covenant please? Because after the time of Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel etc, the only notable persons recorded in the Old Testament were Haggai, Zechariah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Malachi and they were all bound by the old covenant o
Sonmvayina, who is the mediator of the new covenant please? undecided

There is only one convenient ..the new will be a renewal of the one given in Sinai ...he will engraved it in their heart that it will become effortless to obey them...

Comprende ??
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

You're not understanding me. You said you don't believe God sent his Son to the earth right? OK. Let's leave that for now.

Can you please tell me who was to be mediator of the new covenant at Jeremiah 31? Please I need a direct answer! No dilly dallying. If you can't take drilling then don't come to NL and ask silly questions.

Which prophet prophesied that jesus will be the mediator of the new ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Who or what is Jehovah ?

I started this way too wink

In the Bible, Jehovah is the only true God, He created all things.
He's a God to all people on Earth. He was worshipped by all faithful patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Jesus ... Genesis 24:27; Exodus 15:1, 2; John 20:17)
He's the only one the title 'Almighty' is attributed to.

He has many amazing qualities , that is even working among his people that you might be interested in
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

There is only one convenient ..the new will be a renewal of the one given in Sinai ...he will engraved it in their heart that it will become effortless to obey them...

Comprende ??

For someone that doesn't even know what it means for 'rules to be written in someone's heart. This is not unexpected.

Jehovah's commanded that his commandment (Convenant) he had with them should be written in the tablets of their heart (Deu 6:11; 11:18, proverb 7:3)

Did that nullify Moses as the mediator?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Myer(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Is it not ironic then that the same God who says you should be like him does not allow you to do as you please even though he does as he pleases?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

He's a God to all people on Earth. He was worshipped by all faithful patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Jesus ... Genesis 24:27; Exodus 15:1, 2; John 20:17)

He has many amazing qualities , that is even working among his people that you might be interested in

God is not a genie..God is consciousness personified..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

I don't need somebody's idea of Jehovah..give me your own idea...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Do you sleep with other peoples wife ? Or insult your parents ?.when faced with such situation do you consult the bible to know if you should do it or not ?...catch up please..your conscience tells you it is wrong...

God job is done ,he has engraved his laws in your heart..

So who told you sleeping with another man's wife is wrong? Because as far most people are concerned, there's nothing wrong in cheating and having multiple partners. undecided They see it as a norm, as per “men naturally cheat” syndrome is prevalent today. So where is this conscience you say people use to distinguish right from wrong in this case?

It's only through the Bible that we come to know that the reverse is the case and that such practices are detestable. You can't come out of this.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Which prophet prophesied that jesus will be the mediator of the new ?

Who did Moses foretell would be a prophet just like him at Deuteronomy 18:15,18?
You said it's Joshua, I told you Joshua had already been commissioned before then at Numbers 27:18-23
You're still digressing—can you give me a direct answer or not? Who is the mediator of the new covenant at Jeremiah 31? Say you don't know let's move on.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Comprende ??

Jeremiah 31:32 said it wasn't going to be any renewal of the old one. Jehovah said “It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,”
Where did you get the idea that it's a renewal of the old covenant? Seems you've not gotten the gist yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Jeremiah 31:32 said it wasn't going to be any renewal of the old one. Jehovah said “It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day I took hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,”
Where did you get the idea that it's a renewal of the old covenant? Seems you've not gotten the gist yet.

What's the new one?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Who did Moses foretell would be a prophet just like him at Deuteronomy 18:15,18?
You said it's Joshua, I told you Joshua had already been commissioned before then at Numbers 27:18-23
You're still digressing—can you give me a direct answer or not? Who is the mediator of the new covenant at Jeremiah 31? Say you don't know let's move on.

There is none,except you want to invent one..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

So who told you sleeping with another man's wife is wrong? Because as far most people are concerned, there's nothing wrong in cheating and having multiple partners. undecided They see it as a norm, as per “men naturally cheat” syndrome is prevalent today. So where is this conscience you say people use to distinguish right from wrong in this case?

It's only through the Bible that we come to know that the reverse is the case and that such practices are detestable. You can't come out of this.

Lol..what about our forefathers that kept that law, which bible did they read ?..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

What's the new one?

Are you asking me? I'm the one asking the questions here. Stay on track.
If you don't have regard for the New Testament, then don't ask me that question.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't need somebody's idea of Jehovah..give me your own idea...

You don humble cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..what about our forefathers that kept that law, which bible did they read ?..

Forefather and no forefather is not anyone's concern now. The question is why is promiscuity the order of the day? Who told you having multiple sex partners is wrong? Is it even in your constitution? Will the govt jail somebody for loose/brazen conduct?

If such things aren't innate in neither humans nor their man-made laws, then where did you get the idea that having multiple sex partners and cheating is wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

There is none,except you want to invent one..

If there's none, then God wouldn't have chosen Moses to act as mediator for the old one. The truth is staring at you in the face, sonmvayina.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

If there's none, then God wouldn't have chosen Moses to act as mediator for the old one. The truth is staring at you in the face, sonmvayina.

You are just very funny...so it is jesus and the covenant is a human sacrifice..I hear you..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Forefather and no forefather is not anyone's concern now. The question is why is promiscuity the order of the day? Who told you having multiple sex partners is wrong? Is it even in your constitution? Will the govt jail somebody for loose/brazen conduct?

If such things aren't innate in neither humans nor their man-made laws, then where did you get the idea that having multiple sex partners and cheating is wrong?

For one it reduces trust among couples...I know how I felt when I heard somebody slept with my girl friend those days..people lost their lives because they toasted the girl friends of cult members in uniben when I was still a student there...so you can imagine the grief their family will face...so from experience it does not go well in the society..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

You don humble cheesy

Lol...so you don't know what God is...? Common, what do you worship then ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Are you asking me? I'm the one asking the questions here. Stay on track.
If you don't have regard for the New Testament, then don't ask me that question.

You are trying to dodge it...I get it, tell me when it was planed, which prophet announced it in the old testament ...?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
My question still stands...why does God need a son ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! / 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.