Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11827 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
sonmvayina:
So nobody has been able to give me an answer to my query....hmm,

Where are the christian ?

The correct thing you should say is "an answer you would accept notwithstanding if it is right or wrong, so long as you are sole determiner of the answer you would accept and by whatever undisclosed criteria and standard of measurement, solely determined by you, without any regard to whether your undisclosed standard of measurement is right or not.

So, I have answered you, Proven all, and you could not find Any Fault Whatsoever, but because you did not like the Truth, you therefore descended to insulting me.

Therefore, you lie (as you have previously shown that it is not beneath you to do so) in saying that No One has supplied an answer to your query, when infact, it was indeed supplied but you hated the Truth, prefering to believe fabrications and machinations of people whose job it is to cover, hide or bend the Truth, because the Truth Clearly and undisputably condemns them.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
sonmvayina:
TEST FOR CHRISTIANS

Why did God want a son?
Choose one answer or write your own.

1. God loves children.
2. God always wanted a boy.
3. God wanted someone to look after him in his old age.
4. God wanted someone to carry on the family name.
5. God wanted to kill him when he grows up.
6. None of the above, it's all a very silly story.
7. Add your own idea below.
And why do you want to be a girl?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The correct thing you should say is "an answer you would accept notwithstanding if it is right or wrong, so long as you are sole determiner of the answer you would accept and by whatever undisclosed criteria and standard of measurement, solely determined by you, without any regard to whether your undisclosed standard of measurement is right or not.

So, I have answered you, Proven all, and you could not find Any Fault Whatsoever, but because you did not like the Truth, you therefore descended to insulting me.

Therefore, you lie (as you have previously shown that it is not beneath you to do so) in saying that No One has supplied an answer to your query, when infact, it was indeed supplied but you hated the Truth, prefering to believe fabrications and machinations of people whose job it is to cover, hide or bend the Truth, because the Truth Clearly and undisputably condemns them.

Please can you do a recap...why did God want a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
shadeyinka:

And why do you want to be a girl?

Says who?...please why did God want a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2020
sonmvayina:

Says who?...please why did God want a son ?
What an answer you gave!

What is your reference that God want a son?

In other words, "says who?"
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:00am On Nov 04, 2020
Out of eagerness to debunk spiritual guidance you asked a funny question that makes you sound like a toddler! cheesy
Because God's word says he has a son or sons doesn't mean he needs or wants children the same way you want. Note that Jesus (according to the Bible) never had a child and so many other Bible characters so if there are many like that who never really had interest in bearing children how come you now concluded that the God they are worshipping wants or needs a child talkless male or female?
You want to argue but instead of focusing on reasonableness you derailed and started chasing shadows! cheesy
I have told you God doesn't NEED or WANT a child the way you think
So think of a better way to debunk spiritual guidance and not this your childish question that's making you sound like a hungry child! cheesy

sonmvayina:
So nobody has been able to give me an answer to my query....hmm,

Where are the christian ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Out of eagerness to debunk spiritual guidance you asked a funny question that makes you sound like a toddler! cheesy
Because God's word says he has a son or sons doesn't mean he needs or wants children the same way you want. Note that Jesus (according to the Bible) never had a child and so many other Bible characters so if there are many like that who never really had interest in bearing children how come you now concluded that the God they are worshipping wants or needs a child talkless male or female?
You want to argue but instead of focusing on reasonableness you derailed and started chasing shadows! cheesy
I have told you God doesn't NEED or WANT a child the way you think
So think of a better way to debunk spiritual guidance and not this your childish question that's making you sound like a hungry child! cheesy

See this mugu clutching on straws...in light of john 3:16, can you attempt to make sense of your post so somebody else can understand you...

I understand the use of "sons of God " in the book of job, I am 200% sure you don't..so please save your bladdadsh to yourself.

Please, what is the purpose of jesus to God or man ?
You know deep inside that Christianity is idolatry but, you are just holding on to it and giving flimsy excuses...

Attempt the question..
Why does God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

What an answer you gave!

What is your reference that God want a son?

In other words, "says who?"

OK, let me rephrase ,

Explain john 3:16 to me..and the relevance to God or Man.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2020
sonmvayina:

OK, let me rephrase ,

Explain john 3:16 to me..and the relevance to God or Man.
God want a son is different from God has a son, isn't it?

Your premises had been upon God wanting to have a son. You've forgotten!?

sonmvayina:
TEST FOR CHRISTIANS

Why did God want a son?
Choose one answer or write your own.

1. God loves children.
2. God always wanted a boy.
3. God wanted someone to look after him in his old age.
4. God wanted someone to carry on the family name.
5. God wanted to kill him when he grows up.
6. None of the above, it's all a very silly story.
7. Add your own idea below.

Can you see the silliness of the post to warrant rephrasing!?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

God want a son is different from God has a son, isn't it?

Your premises had been upon God wanting to have a son. You've forgotten!?

Can you see the silliness of the post to warrant rephrasing!?

I don't see it...maybe the question is just too heavy for you...I can understand that..
OK, this Is for you..

Suppose you and I, where Jews living at the time of the prophet Malachi, with only the Tanakh as our only source of reference, what kind of messiah will you be looking forward to ?

Your quote should only be the old testament..Is there anywhere in the old testament that says God will send the holy spirit to impregnate a woman to bear his child that would be sacrificed as a sin offering to him ?

Can you, this is between you and me..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2020
Hi
sonmvayina:

I don't see it...maybe the question is just too heavy for you...I can understand that..
OK, this Is for you..
Have you given up about your misplaced, silly and obtuse questions?

sonmvayina:

Suppose you and I, where Jews living at the time of the prophet Malachi, with only the Tanakh as our only source of reference, what kind of messiah will you be looking forward to ?

Your quote should only be the old testament..Is there anywhere in the old testament that says God will send the holy spirit to impregnate a woman to bear his child that would be sacrificed as a sin offering to him ?

Can you, this is between you and me..
If I were a Jew, I be looking forward to a military man as Messiah!

Unfortunately for the old testament Jew, the Messiah was both a Lion and a Lamb. He was both a Servant and a King. An impossible combination for a Jew who needed deliverance to comprehend!

Isa 53:1-12:
"Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opens not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief: when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:
Hi
Have you given up about your misplaced, silly and obtuse questions?

If I were a Jew, I be looking forward to a military man as Messiah!

Unfortunately for the old testament Jew, the Messiah was both a Lion and a Lamb. He was both a Servant and a King. An impossible combination for a Jew who needed deliverance to comprehend!

Isa 53:1-12:
"Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opens not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief: when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Lol..are you quoting Isaiah 53 for me, ? It is talking about a righteous servant that dies multiple times and has offspring I.e children . the servant was suffering because of what is done to him. 8 times prior to chapter 53 Isaiah said the servant was Israel...
A typical example is in 41: 5-9.it reads

"
5The islands shall see and fear; the ends of the earth shall quake; they have approached and come
6Each one shall aid his fellow, and to his brother he shall say, "Strengthen yourself."
7And the craftsman strengthened the smith, the one who smooths with the hammer [strengthened] the one who wields the sledge hammer; he says of the cement, "It is good," and he strengthened it with nails that it should not move[b]
8But you, [b]Israel My servant, [/b]Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, who loved Me
9Whom I grasped from the ends of the earth, and from its nobles I called you, and I said to you, "You are My servant"; I chose you and I did not despise you

Try reading the Hebrew version of Isaiah 53, here and see if you see any jesus in it..

https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..are you quoting Isaiah 53 for me, ? It is talking about a righteous servant that dies multiple times and has offspring I.e children . the servant was suffering because of what is done to him. 8 times prior to chapter 53 Isaiah said the servant was Israel...
A typical example is in 41: 5-9.it reads

"
5The islands shall see and fear; the ends of the earth shall quake; they have approached and come
6Each one shall aid his fellow, and to his brother he shall say, "Strengthen yourself."
7And the craftsman strengthened the smith, the one who smooths with the hammer [strengthened] the one who wields the sledge hammer; he says of the cement, "It is good," and he strengthened it with nails that it should not move[b]
8But you, Israel My servant[/b], Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, who loved Me
9Whom I grasped from the ends of the earth, and from its nobles I called you, and I said to you, "You are My servant"; I chose you and I did not despise you

Try reading the Hebrew version of Isaiah 53, here and see if you see any jesus in it..

https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984
*So Israel is a man acquinted with grief and sorrow
*Israel made his grave with the wicked and with the rich in death
*Israel has done no violence
*Israel had no deceit I his mouth.
*Israel's soul was made an offering for sin

Continue in your wilful ignorance
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

*So Israel is a man acquinted with grief and sorrow
*Israel made his grave with the wicked and with the rich in death
*Israel has done no violence
*Israel had no deceit I his mouth.
*Israel's soul was made an offering for sin

Continue in your wilful ignorance

Read what Isaiah wrote. Not what king James translated for you...
In the original Hebrew
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
sonmvayina:

Read what Isaiah wrote. Not what king James translated for you...
In the original Hebrew
Just answer the questions or vamuse from here!

Let me oblige you if you care for any truth

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/isaiah/53.htm
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

You are showing me king James version, I am asking you to read the original work by Isaiah...

The servant is Israel..ask any Jew..There is no controversy here..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are showing me king James version, I am asking you to read the original work by Isaiah...

The servant is Israel..ask any Jew..There is no controversy here..

King James version?
How ignorant some people can be!
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

The servant is Israel ....
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 3:52am On Nov 05, 2020
sonmvayina:

The servant is Israel ....
No wonder the Hebrew interlinear wouldn't make sense to a sealed mind
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:26am On Nov 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

No wonder the Hebrew interlinear wouldn't make sense to a sealed mind

Do you have any other passage state it....that one is dead on arrival ..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by shadeyinka(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2020
sonmvayina:

Do you have any other passage state it....that one is dead on arrival ..
Sorry boy!
Anyone who claims an iota of literacy should understand what an interlinear translation is!
Nothing else would suffice!
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

Sorry boy!
Anyone who claims an iota of literacy should understand what an interlinear translation is!
Nothing else would suffice!

But Isaiah already told you that Gods servant is Israel, are you trying to disprove God ? Serveral times God ,God called Israel his servant...

Except you are saying God lied, then we will debate on that...is it?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
sonmvayina:

But Isaiah already told you that Gods servant is Israel, are you trying to disprove God ? Serveral times God ,God called Israel his servant...

Except you are saying God lied, then we will debate on that...is it?
Why do you keep saying thesame thing over and over again. We've been through this before, and when I present the facts to you, you run away only to sprout thesame falsehood over and over again.

There are different servants in Isaiah, not just Israel. The servant in Isaiah 49v3-6 for instance cannot logically be Isreal but a human being. Also you have failed to show how the particular servant in chapter 53 is Isreal and not a human being. Go ask your Rabbis to clarify these things for you, then come back.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2020
GeneralDae:

Why do you keep saying thesame thing over and over again. We've been through this before, and when I present the facts to you, you run away only to sprout thesame falsehood over and over again.

There are different servants in Isaiah, not just Israel. The servant in Isaiah 49v3-6 for instance cannot logically be Isreal but a human being. Also you have failed to show how the particular servant in chapter 53 is Isreal and not a human being. Go ask your Rabbis to clarify these things for you, then come back.

Why don't you start Isaiah from chapter 1 verse 1..maybe you will have some sense...

1: The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

Do you understand the time frame Isaiah was referring to..NOT 600 or 700 years into the future..

Are you OK now?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
The highlighted keep making you sound like a kid

Who told you God need a son? cheesy
sonmvayina:

See this mugu clutching on straws...in light of john 3:16, can you attempt to make sense of your post so somebody else can understand you...

I understand the use of "sons of God " in the book of job, I am 200% sure you don't..so please save your bladdadsh to yourself.

Please, what is the purpose of jesus to God or man ?
You know deep inside that Christianity is idolatry but, you are just holding on to it and giving flimsy excuses...

Attempt the question..
Why does God need a son?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted keep making you sound like a kid

Who told you God need a son? cheesy

Then who are you mumuishly worshipping every Sunday ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2020
And what's your business with who i worship, what or how i choose to worship?
You see that's why i told you from the beginning that your approach will never yield anything positive if you're aggressive in your enquiry, you don't just go about insulting, abusing and arguing to reach people's hearts.
What you think you know about God doesn't make you a teacher for others, it's only when you learn from the most wonderful counselor who ever lived that you can successfully reach the hearts of your fellowman.
No one is answerable to you just as you're not answerable to them.
John 3:16 never said God needs a son so learn how to approach people with respect and humility, some will reciprocate in like manner, it's out of those who responded positively to what you have to say that you can now build up what you had in mind as you inculcate in them what you know! smiley

sonmvayina:

Then who are you mumuishly worshipping every Sunday ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
And what's your business with who i worship, what or how i choose to worship?
You see that's why i told you from the beginning that your approach will never yield anything positive if you're aggressive in your enquiry, you don't just go about insulting, abusing and arguing to reach people's hearts.
What you think you know about God doesn't make you a teacher for others, it's only when you learn from the most wonderful counselor who ever lived that you can successfully reach the hearts of your fellowman.
No one is answerable to you just as you're not answerable to them.
John 3:16 never said God needs a son so learn how to approach people with respect and humility, some will reciprocate in like manner, it's out of those who responded positively to what you have to say that you can now build up what you had in mind as you inculcate in them what you know! smiley

OK..so sorry
Why did God want a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00am On Nov 07, 2020
Well i believe there are many gods just as you've always said that humans are gods in the making but the God i serve never said he want or need a son! undecided

sonmvayina:

OK..so sorry
Why did God want a son?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Well i believe there are many gods just as you've always said that humans are gods in the making but the God i serve never said he want or need a son! undecided

Who is Jesu's?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2020
Why do you ask? undecided

sonmvayina:

Who is Jesu's?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

. Muslims: Satan EATS Food With His Left Hand / We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International / THE SPIRITUALITIE OF THE SNAKE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.