Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11942 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are trying to dodge it...I get it, tell me when it was planed, which prophet announced it in the old testament ...?

Which prophet foretold the new covenant? The one you read in Jeremiah 31 is not enough?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

For one it reduces trust among couples...I know how I felt when I heard somebody slept with my girl friend those days..people lost their lives because they toasted the girl friends of cult members in uniben when I was still a student there...so you can imagine the grief their family will face...so from experience it does not go well in the society..

All these one are stories
There are tribes that offer their wives to guest as appreciation for their visit. Sleeping with other people's wives is norms to them.
Where is it in the secular law that being promiscuous is offence?

Think nah
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are just very funny...so it is jesus and the covenant is a human sacrifice ..I hear you..

Stop yarning dust abeg. Since you don't have regard for the NT, I should be asking you all the questions maybe you have another source to explain what the new covenant is about. I'd like to hear about it.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol...so you don't know what God is...? Common, what do you worship then ?

I'm not as confused as you and your God cheesy

let me do whatever I pleases as the God that I am
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Why are you wasting your time on it..?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

There are tribes that offer their wives to guest as appreciation for their visit. Sleeping with other people's wives is norms to them.

Think nah

Simple question
The guy doesn't know where else to turn—don't be surprised he'll run and quote the same Bible he despises.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Stop yarning dust abeg. Since you don't have regard for the NT, I should be asking you all the questions maybe you have another source to explain what the new covenant is about. I'd like to hear about it.

I said the new covenant is God writing his laws in our heart , nobody will go from door to door to teach any body ..we will all know it..and keep them..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

I said the new covenant is God writing his laws in our heart , nobody will go from door to door to teach any body ..we will all know it..and keep them..
Then God should have just written it nah no be so? Why call it a covenant/treaty if there's not going to be any middleman/mediator?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Think nah

Fine, no wah ala..if the culture agrees to it...and they are kool with it..all well and good..

It is always the laws of the land....the Torah is the laws of the land of Israel..in igbo land where we come from, we have our own laws too...I only quote the old testament because it is almost similar to the Jewish one...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

The laws of the old covenant was to be written in the Israelites heart too

Why do they need Moses as the mediator?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Fine, no wah ala..if the culture agrees to it...and they are kool with it..all well and good..

It is always the laws of the land....the Torah is the laws of the land of Israel..in igbo land where we come from, we have our own laws too...I only quote the old testament because it is almost similar to the Jewish one...

Who is confused now?
Your consciousness personified god or you? cheesy

So, the laws of those people's land nullified the writing of the new covenant in their heart?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

Who is confused now?
Your consciousness personified god or you? cheesy

So, the laws of those people's land nullified the writing of the new covenant in their heart?
c

You lost me...are we talking about the same thing?..The Jews wrote a law to guide them in their land of Israel ,in it they forbade people from sleeping with another mans wife ..then somewhere in a place in middle belt of Nigeria they wrote a law saying it is not a crime to sleep with another mans wife ..and you are calling me to be a judge..? Why?..if is is good for the tribe, who am I to change it ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

The laws of the old covenant was to be written in the Israelites heart too

Why do they need Moses as the mediator?

They needed moses the first time...but not the second time...moses has already given them the law and they promised to keep it and teach it to their children and childrens children...along the line ,they forgot about the laws and mingled with people around them and joined them to worship their gods...God punished them by sending back to Babylon on exile to go and learn about him again ..
So afterwards God said he was going to make obeying the laws easy as he would write it in their heart ..the first was written on paper and tablets, now no one needs to wait for it to be read in the synagogue . it will be written in their heart..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
haddeylium:

OK, so why does your God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Which prophet foretold the new covenant? The one you read in Jeremiah 31 is not enough?

What was it? And how did Jesu's fulfill it ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

I opened this thread...so answer my question .

Why does God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

What was it? And how did Jesu's fulfill it ?

Are you ready to hear the New Testament's side of the story now?
You promise no insults or abuses?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

I opened this thread...so answer my question .

Why does God need a son ?

What do you mean by “NEED” ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

What do you mean by “NEED” ?

As per the new testament a and jesus..and convene at and sacrifice for sins...you know, those bull shiit in new testament..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Are you ready to hear the New Testament's side of the story now?
You promise no insults or abuses?

That is what I have been waiting for ....and make sure to link it to the old testament and which prophet prophesied about it...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=sonmvayina post=95444391]

They needed moses the first time...but not the second time...moses has already given them the law and they promised to keep it and teach it to their children and childrens children...along the line ,they forgot about the laws and mingled with people around them and joined them to worship their gods...God punished them by sending back to Babylon on exile to go and learn about him again ..
So afterwards God said he was going to make obeying the laws easy as he would write it in their heart ..the first was written on paper and tablets, now no one needs to wait for it to be read in the synagogue . it will be written in their heart..

The Old covenant was between Jehovah and the born circumcised Jewish nation. They have Moses as the mediator to pass down the beneficial laws from God!.. If a foreigner observe how Great the isrealites God is and wanted to be part of the covenant. he would have to get circumcised.

But, The new covenant is extended to non-natural Jews , Gentiles and people of all nation with Jesus as the mediator.

The Old covenant is called Mosaic law while the New covenant is Called 'law of the Christ's.

Jeremiah depicted that 'Messaih, the coming one' would be the mediator of the new covenant'..
Many of those Rabbis then didn't pay attention to our Jesus is fulfilling Messainic role. But, the honest hearted people that observe the scriptures clearly as see its fulfilment
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

As per the new testament a and jesus..and convene at and sacrifice for sins...you know, those bull shiit in new testament..

Think what you may about the NT, that's not my concern.
My own is “Who is the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT?” because after the Babylonian exile, Zerubbabel governor of Judah, high priest Joshua, Haggai, Zechariah(Ezra 3:8, 5:2, Haggai 2:21) and later Ezra, Nehemiah and Malachi were all bound by the Law of Moses.(Ezra 7:6,10) and Ezra even read it aloud and explained the Mosaic Law to the Jews.(Nehemiah 8:1-6)
So why did you say the new covenant was established after the Babylonian exile if what the Bible says nullifies that spurious claim? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:
c

You lost me...are we talking about the same thing?..The Jews wrote a law to guide them in their land of Israel ,in it they forbade people from sleeping with another mans wife ..then somewhere in a place in middle belt of Nigeria they wrote a law saying it is not a crime to sleep with another mans wife ..and you are calling me to be a judge..? Why?..if is is good for the tribe, who am I to change it ?

Exactly!
That's the attitude of some Jews then (Zeph. 1:12)
They think God will not take actions or expect them to live up to any standard. But, they're wrong cos' the true God 'Jehovah' pays attention to every good deeds( 2 Chron. 16:9)
Job isn't an isrealite and not bond to the covenant but he match a good deeds to his name.

That's why I'm concerned about the benefits of the 'New covenant' (law of the Christ) working among Jehovah's witnesses today and in the future.

If any consciousness god is giving you laws without obsevable benefits, that god is useless
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:37am On Oct 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Enjoy the experience, you don't need to be a member of any cult and believe absurdities.

Both cult members and those who believe in absurdity are all undergoing the process of getting matured as gods so nothing is at stake! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:59am On Oct 29, 2020
Myer:

Is it not ironic then that the same God who says you should be like him does not allow you to do as you please even though he does as he pleases?

If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses you can never understand our own God, whatever he does is within the circumference of his standards that's why most of his human servants do challenge him based on the standard he himself set.
At Genesis 18:23 Abraham asked God "will you destroy the righteous along with the wicked?"
Then Abraham concluded "it is unthinkable on your part to destroy the good along with the wicked" verse 25
Moses told Jehovah "if you should destroy the Israelites in this wilderness, then the reputation you're building with your name as holy will be tarnished" Exodus 32:7-14
At Habakkuk 1:13 the prophet wrote about this same person that his eyes are too holy to continue looking at what is evil, meaning when evil is going on God feels uncomfortable! Psalms 78:41
Helloooooooo does all these sound like someone who can just do anything irrationally without principles guiding his thoughts and actions?
Please come and learn the truth about JEHOVAH if you want to know you'll know, instead of just cherry-picking scriptures to soothe your corrupt thinking! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Both cult members and those who believe in absurdity are all undergoing the process of getting matured as gods so nothing is at stake! cheesy

Whatever grinds your gears...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2020
DappaD:

Think what you may about the NT, that's not my concern.
My own is “Who is the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT?” because after the Babylonian exile, Zerubbabel governor of Judah, high priest Joshua, Haggai, Zechariah(Ezra 3:8, 5:2, Haggai 2:21) and later Ezra, Nehemiah and Malachi were all bound by the Law of Moses.(Ezra 7:6,10) and Ezra even read it aloud and explained the Mosaic Law to the Jews.(Nehemiah 8:1-6)
So why did you say the new covenant was established after the Babylonian exile if what the Bible says nullifies that spurious claim? undecided

Show me where ?..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=haddeylium post=95445755][/quote]

"But, The new covenant is extended to non-natural Jews , Gentiles and people of all nation with Jesus as the mediator."

Where did you get this from ?please be sincere..are you talking about the God of moses and Abraham ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

For one it reduces trust among couples...I know how I felt when I heard somebody slept with my girl friend those days..people lost their lives because they toasted the girl friends of cult members in uniben when I was still a student there...so you can imagine the grief their family will face...so from experience it does not go well in the society..
But in the Spartan Society, it wasn't a problem.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
You can continue arguing over the need for soap or how soap came to exist, surely it worth the effort. But in a situation where you can see 99% of people around you going about with dirty clothes and at the same time notice a GROUP whose clothes are ever clean and neat, then there is no sense further doubting the existence of a cleaning agent!

There are thousands of book regarded as inspired, the Bible is just one of them, if you don't believe in what is written in the book it's OK because many who also believe the Bible don't believe other books. But then there is a GROUP of people from different races under the sun who have been trained with the Bible, they're the most peaceloving set of people on this planet, throughout the earth people know them for their unwavering faith in the Bible, Racism and Politics that has been the two major cause of genocide has been completely squashed in their midst.
There is nobody that can convince me that the character (personality) whose teachings has helped this group to succeed in what seems so impossible everywhere was just a fictional character, so with the presence of Jehovah's Witnesses Organization on this planet Jesus has become a real person no matter what anyone thinks! smiley

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
GeneralDae:

But in the Spartan Society, it wasn't a problem.

E be like say you go like swinging oh...anyway, each society with their beliefs..Torah was for the Jews and their land..it has got nothing to do with the Bini culture and tradition or Igbo customs and tradition...I only quote it because the laws are similar to our Igbo omenani.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
So nobody has been able to give me an answer to my query....hmm,

Where are the christian ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Evangelist Chidi Ibinado Accused Of Fraud / Glorious Quran / Happy Easter, 2020!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.