Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (12052 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol...how did you arrive at that idea ?

Are you short of words now?
What role did Moses play when the old covenant was established with the Israelites? Exodus 19:5-6?
What's the reason behind Moses being the only person chosen by God to go up to the mountain?

My guy find answers to these questions and get back to me Asap!

If Jehovah said he was going to establish a new covenant at Jeremiah 31—definitely there will be a mediator. That cannot be contended with. Please don't twist it.

I also heard you said it was Hezekiah who was the mediator? The same Hezekiah who died more than 40 years before Jeremiah was born?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

So answer my query, when did God say his son will be the mediator of the new covenant ?

You're not understanding me. You said you don't believe God sent his Son to the earth right? OK. Let's leave that for now.

Can you please tell me who was to be mediator of the new covenant at Jeremiah 31? Please I need a direct answer! No dilly dallying. If you can't take drilling then don't come to NL and ask silly questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by oluwaahmed: 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ok so , sonmvayina in all these what is your own truth of the matter?
What is your answer or contribution to the matter? Also are u a worshipper of yahwe? If so, then u have to answer my own questions below (so you don't seem self-righteous)
1: Why would your God create the human race and choose a particular tribe as a means to reach him via salvation?

2: Why does your God have human emotions like jealousy, anger, murder

3: What's with your God and animal sacrifice? I mean since he created everything and everyone can't he just forgive them, whats with the goat, ram and dove sacrifice? Why no fish sacrifice?

4: why do prophets of your God always convince him to change his mind when he's decisions seems weird and unreasonable? E.g moses begged him not to destroy the isrealites for making a golden calf because the Egyptians would say he brought them out of slavery only to destroy them (Ex 32 vs 12). Or when he commanded ezekiel to cook food using human excretion as stove or fuel for itbut ezekiel refused cos it was gross grin (Ezekiel 4:12-15)
Pls respond. Thanks
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

I will...but you can stay in your cult...and continue your idolatry..
God will not punish me for obeying his commandment or will he ?

Where is the idolatry again as you said the Bible itself came from Babylonian origin?
Guy if we're to go by your analogy there is no idolatry anywhere after all we are all going through an experience! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
oluwaahmed:
Ok so somvayna, in all these what is your own truth of the matter?

Sonmvayina is just selfish, he has been through the process of becoming a god but he doesn't want others to experience the same thing! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Tuffia kwa you want God to punish me?..it is idolatry..I don't need to be a member of a cult to no what is right and wrong..

You're confused cheesy

Now, answer DappaD's question.

If Moses was the mediator of the old covenant..
who's the mediator of the new covenant?

Defend your 'Human experience philosophy' with your chest
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

You're confused cheesy
Now, answer DappaD's question.
If Moses was the mediator of the old covenant..
who's the mediator of the new covenant?
Defend your 'Human experience philosophy' with your chest
Sonmvayina (SM)
Interested Person (IP)

IP~Who is God?

SM~you and i are Gods

IP~do we really need God?

SM~it depends on your level.

IP~so i can set my own standard

SM~yes you need no one to teach you.

IP~i love to mix with Christians

SM~that's idolatry!

Ip~ but as a God can't i do what pleases me?

SM~ God will punish you?

IIP~ for exercising my right as a God on my own?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

You don't understand it do you ? It says nobody will teach anybody..not jesus not Paul , he will write it in your heart..so it comes to you naturally..nobody will teach you not to sleep with another mans wife, you will know it is wrong and avoid it,no matter how enticing it is...

Got it now, neither jesus nor Paul is needed...
1 John 4 says:
You need not that any man teach you, for the anointing teaches you all things.
That is the new testament.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

Better dump those fruitless and Useless Fairytales and embrace the truth among people producing the fruits to be found among the true worshippers

True worshippers of who?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
DappaD:

Are you short of words now?
What role did Moses play when the old covenant was established with the Israelites? Exodus 19:5-6?
What's the reason behind Moses being the only person chosen by God to go up to the mountain?

My guy find answers to these questions and get back to me Asap!

If Jehovah said he was going to establish a new covenant at Jeremiah 31—definitely there will be a mediator. That cannot be contended with. Please don't twist it.

I also heard you said it was Hezekiah who was the mediator? The same Hezekiah who died more than 40 years before Jeremiah was born?

The new covenant is the writing of his(God )laws in our heart not a book or a tablet..so how does that need a mediator? I said Hezekiah is the subject of Isaiah 9:5&6...go back and read the text.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
DappaD:

You're not understanding me. You said you don't believe God sent his Son to the earth right? OK. Let's leave that for now.

Can you please tell me who was to be mediator of the new covenant at Jeremiah 31? Please I need a direct answer! No dilly dallying. If you can't take drilling then don't come to NL and ask silly questions.

The new covenant is God writing his laws in our heart. And it will become effortless to follow them...does that need a mediator?

Read it again..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
oluwaahmed:
Ok so , sonmvayina in all these what is your own truth of the matter?
What is your answer or contribution to the matter? Also are u a worshipper of yahwe? If so, then u have to answer my own questions below (so you don't seem self-righteous)
1: Why would your God create the human race and choose a particular tribe as a means to reach him via salvation?

2: Why does your God have human emotions like jealousy, anger, murder

3: What's with your God and animal sacrifice? I mean since he created everything and everyone can't he just forgive them, whats with the goat, ram and dove sacrifice? Why no fish sacrifice?

4: why do prophets of your God always convince him to change his mind when he's decisions seems weird and unreasonable? E.g moses begged him not to destroy the isrealites for making a golden calf because the Egyptians would say he brought them out of slavery only to destroy them (Ex 32 vs 12). Or when he commanded ezekiel to cook food using human excretion as stove or fuel for itbut ezekiel refused cos it was gross grin (Ezekiel 4:12-15)
Pls respond. Thanks

1. Like I said God created the human race, every one of us black ,yellow ,white..He gave humans his laws to guide then in their human journey..the Jews accepted the laws and promised to keep them. Because of that ,they see themselves as God chosen people. If you ask me, I will say it is more or less a propaganda..we igbos also accepted the laws too..They are supposed to teach the other humans the laws.

2. Lol., human emotion? God is not a man or a human being. It is humans that need those emotions to eneble them live on earth...in other to make God better known , some of these prophet uses human attribute. I guess that is the only way they can make their audience to relate with it..my opinion though..

3. It is man doing over sabi,that want to kill everything thinking It will please God..what God want is a contrite heart, a broken spirit, a sincere repentance ...2nd chronicles 7:14.

4. That is man projecting his emotion on God..well, for one they are just stories. Not actual events. We are expected to learn the messages in them..God is conciousenes personified..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Where is the idolatry again as you said the Bible itself came from Babylonian origin?
Guy if we're to go by your analogy there is no idolatry anywhere after all we are all going through an experience! cheesy

Read the 10 commandments again , paying attention to the first and second one...

Reverencing a man as God is nothing short of idolatry..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Sonmvayina is just selfish, he has been through the process of becoming a god but he doesn't want others to experience the same thing! cheesy

Answer my question and let me close the thread..why did God want a son?

"Let us make man in Our own image after our likeness.kindly explain please
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Sonmvayina (SM)
Interested Person (IP)

IP~Who is God?

SM~you and i are Gods

IP~do we really need God?

SM~it depends on your level.

IP~so i can set my own standard

SM~yes you need no one to teach you.

IP~i love to mix with Christians

SM~that's idolatry!

Ip~ but as a God can't i do what pleases me?

SM~ God will punish you?

IIP~ for exercising my right as a God on my own?

That is why God gave us the laws, to enebke us have a fruitful and more better experience, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't kill,don't bear false witness,hon our parents....

Man is a God in the flesh..it is not rocket science..we are gods spirit dwelling within a physical body fashioned from the dust of the earth..

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
We have been digressing ...please why does God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

The new covenant is the writing of his(God )laws in our heart not a book or a tablet..so how does that need a mediator? I said Hezekiah is the subject of Isaiah 9:5&6...go back and read the text.

So the Law wasn't embedded in the hearts of faithful Israelites? When Moses(the mediator) read the commandments to them and they said “We are willing to do just as Jehovah has spoken” at Exodus 19:8, are you saying the Law wasn't in the hearts and minds of those Israelites after Moses read it to them?

The only difference here is that the 10Commandments of the old covenant were written on stone tablets and were as direct as could be, but the Law according to the new covenant spans several aspects which isn't a written code per se, they are mainly principles.

In the same manner, how will those who are partaking of the new covenant have the Jehovah's Law written in the hearts i.e. embedded in their hearts if they don't study God's Word, the Bible? You think this is some magic show or film trick?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

The new covenant is God writing his laws in our heart. And it will become effortless to follow them...does that need a mediator?

Read it again..

Have you engaged in any business transaction before? Do you know who plays the role of “Escrow”?
C'mon we need to think on our feet here.
If there's a covenant, an agreement between two parties, in this case between Jehovah God and members of a spiritual Israel, there must be a go-between—a mediator to ensure both parties stick to their own end of the deal.
From that same Old Testament you hold so dearly, it says at Malachi 3:6 that Jehovah doesn't change i.e. his standards can never change. So what makes you think it will change wrt the new covenant?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

OK. So who did Hezekiah become Eternal Father to?
Know today, that Hezekiah has been dead for close to 2,700 years and he's awaiting a resurrection as one of the subjects of God's Kingdom.(Isaiah 26:19, Acts 24:15)
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by oluwaahmed: 1:55am On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=sonmvayina post=95412801]

Ok thanks bro.
But pls shed more light on the truth that you have, some of us like me don't really know you or your teachings and would love to learn one or two...

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:24am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

Read the 10 commandments again , paying attention to the first and second one...
Reverencing a man as God is nothing short of idolatry..

According to your analogy each man supposed to be a god on his/her own, surely no God needs another to set standards for him/her again.
So the commandments the God of Israel set shouldn't be the standard for all other races because my own ancestors are worshipers of Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila and others.
All these were humans, meaning it's either we ignore the god of Israel altogether or we embrace all forms of worship, none is adolatry anymore! grin
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

That is why God gave us the laws, to enebke us have a fruitful and more better experience, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't kill,don't bear false witness,hon our parents....
These are the laws given to the nation of Israel after their God entered into a covenant with them. My own ancestors weren't part of that covenant so those rules aren't binding on me! grin

Man is a God in the flesh..it is not rocket science..we are gods spirit dwelling within a physical body fashioned from the dust of the earth..
If i'm a god on my own then i must be left alone to experience everything that other mature gods went through before they reach the final stage, so i don't need anyone (including you) to sound any warning for me! wink
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Keep asking to earn what you so much desire "fruitless arguements" cheesy
sonmvayina:
We have been digressing ...please why does God need a son ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Keep asking to earn what you so much desire "fruitless arguements" cheesy

Hahahhaha, exactly..so you have not still figured it out that you are on the wrong road..I am trying to make you think deeply about what you believe, but you are too blind to see it..

Shine your eyes, you have been lied to..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:23am On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

These are the laws given to the nation of Israel after their God entered into a covenant with them. My own ancestors weren't part of that covenant so those rules aren't binding on me! grin

If i'm a god on my own then i must be left alone to experience everything that other mature gods went through before they reach the final stage, so i don't need anyone (including you) to sound any warning for me! wink

Ohh, but you foolishly believe he has a son, and you are worshipping his son..how convenient ..you see your self.

I am not, I am just scared of people like you who can't tell right from wrong except they read it in a book..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

According to your analogy each man supposed to be a god on his/her own, surely no God needs another to set standards for him/her again.
So the commandments the God of Israel set shouldn't be the standard for all other races because my own ancestors are worshipers of Sango, Ogun, Obatala, Orunmila and others.
All these were humans, meaning it's either we ignore the god of Israel altogether or we embrace all forms of worship, none is adolatry anymore! grin

Lol ,you don't really know anything..who told you Ogun was a man, is Ogun not iron ?

Please stop displaying your ignorance here..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

OK. So who did Hezekiah become Eternal Father to?
Know today, that Hezekiah has been dead for close to 2,700 years and he's awaiting a resurrection as one of the subjects of God's Kingdom.(Isaiah 26:19, Acts 24:15)

It is God (the eternal father ) that called Hezekiah the prince of peace..read it again a better translation ..like the one I posted ..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

Have you engaged in any business transaction before? Do you know who plays the role of “Escrow”?
C'mon we need to think on our feet here.
If there's a covenant, an agreement between two parties, in this case between Jehovah God and members of a spiritual Israel, there must be a go-between—a mediator to ensure both parties stick to their own end of the deal.
From that same Old Testament you hold so dearly, it says at Malachi 3:6 that Jehovah doesn't change i.e. his standards can never change. So what makes you think it will change wrt the new covenant?

The new covenant is a renewal of the old...he will write it in our heart ..nobody will hold a book and go from door to door..God will write it in our heart..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2020
DappaD:

So the Law wasn't embedded in the hearts of faithful Israelites? When Moses(the mediator) read the commandments to them and they said “We are willing to do just as Jehovah has spoken” at Exodus 19:8, are you saying the Law wasn't in the hearts and minds of those Israelites after Moses read it to them?

The only difference here is that the 10Commandments of the old covenant were written on stone tablets and were as direct as could be, but the Law according to the new covenant spans several aspects which isn't a written code per se, they are mainly principles.

In the same manner, how will those who are partaking of the new covenant have the Jehovah's Law written in the hearts i.e. embedded in their hearts if they don't study God's Word, the Bible? You think this is some magic show or film trick?

God said he will write it in their heart ..you are not even reading the passage..haba
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

It is God (the eternal father ) that called Hezekiah the prince of peace..read it again a better translation ..like the one I posted ..

OK. So I see you're fond of twisting clear things. Isaiah 9:6 said the child to be born would be named Eternal Father. And you said Hezekiah was that child, again who was Hezekiah Eternal Father to? I think you've finally roped yourself now
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 8:41am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

The new covenant is a renewal of the old...he will write it in our heart ..nobody will hold a book and go from door to door..God will write it in our heart..

Lol. Hope your brain isn't paining you. Stay there and wait for magic to happen
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

God said he will write it in their heart ..you are not even reading the passage..haba

So God will just write it in the hearts of just anybody? Please you're just digressing now
Who is the mediator of the new covenant please? Because after the time of Jeremiah, Daniel, Ezekiel etc, the only notable persons recorded in the Old Testament were Haggai, Zechariah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Malachi and they were all bound by the old covenant o
Sonmvayina, who is the mediator of the new covenant please? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / 2016 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress Dec 5-10th / My Encounter With Jesus Christ (occult Grand Master)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.