Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why Did God Want A Son ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Want A Son ? (11969 Views)

Does God Want Us To Suffer? / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Does God Want To Frustrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2020
Sonmvayina my friend, you can continue worshiping or not worshiping whenever you're ready to present the group that's practicing what you're saying let me know! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Who asked you to follow Jesus?

God only gave you laws to follow to have a meaning ful life. End of the day we are all spiritual beings having a human experience, when we die we go back being spirits.. Default settings.. And become part of God..
How do you know this? @ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2020
GeneralDae:

By studying all the book considered sacred including Babylonian writings and all other fairytales then merging it all with verses he cherrypicked in the Bible.
He's surely a teacher of his own personal school of thought, the only problem he's having is failure to present his students so right thinking persons can observe his teachings in their activities! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2020
GeneralDae:

It is in born..and experience too. I don't need to read it in a book, before I know I have to honour and respect my parents and elders..Before the white man came with their bible that says "honour your father and mother " we used to kneel down to greet our parents every morning and always go any erand for them and don't talk when they are talking...the Yoruba's used to postrate...so it is part of our OS that God installed in us when he created us.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Sonmvayina my friend, you can continue worshiping or not worshiping whenever you're ready to present the group that's practicing what you're saying let me know! cheesy

Lol ,you got it all wrong..you need to start all over again..
You want a group, how about the pyrate confratanity....
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

By studying all the book considered sacred including Babylonian writings and all other fairytales then merging it all with verses he cherrypicked in the Bible.
He's surely a teacher of his own personal school of thought, the only problem he's having is failure to present his students so right thinking persons can observe his teachings in their activities! cheesy

And you think you have said something intelligent..FYI the bible you so revere is adapted from Babylonian epics...You really need to read more..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

It is in born..and experience too. I don't need to read it in a book, before I know I have to honour and respect my parents and elders..Before the white man came with their bible that says "honour your father and mother " we used to kneel down to greet our parents every morning and always go any erand for them and don't talk when they are talking...the Yoruba's used to postrate...so it is part of our OS that God installed in us when he created us.
You are contradicting yourself. If it is inborn, then why did your Jewish God give the laws then? In New testament christianity, Paul also says it is inborn. So you agree with paul here, but in another breath you say that God had to give laws that must be obeyed.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol ,you got it all wrong..you need to start all over again..
You want a group, how about the pyrate confratanity....

The bolded comes to mind when what you're doing presently is not benefitial Sir, so the only way to convince someone who is already getting the benefits of what he is doing is by presenting a better performing group much more benefitial than the one he is. I think that makes sense Sir! cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

And you think you have said something intelligent..FYI the bible you so revere is adapted from Babylonian epics...You really need to read more..

@ bolded,

So why worry yourself then? cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2020
GeneralDae:

You are contradicting yourself. If it is inborn, then why did your Jewish God give the laws then? In New testament christianity, Paul also says it is inborn. So you agree with paul here, but in another breath you say that God had to give laws that must be obeyed.

It was written down for people like you(no offence) who can't tell right from wrong. For those of us who are fully conscious it comes to us naturally .it is part of our nature...see what Jeremiah wrote in chapter 31:

Jer 31:31-37 in Christian versions
Jer 31:30 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a master over them, saith YHWH.
32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their Elohim, and they shall be My people;
33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know YHWH'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
34 Thus saith YHWH, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, YHWH of hosts is His name:
35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith YHWH, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
36 Thus saith YHWH: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith YHWH.

No One Will Teach Another to Know the Most High, everyone will know Him.
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by GeneralDae: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

It was written down for people like you(no offence) who can't tell right from wrong. For those of us who are fully conscious it comes to us naturally .it is part of our nature...see what Jeremiah wrote in chapter 31:

Jer 31:30 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a master over them, saith YHWH.
32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their Elohim, and they shall be My people;
33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know YHWH'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
34 Thus saith YHWH, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, YHWH of hosts is His name:
35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith YHWH, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
36 Thus saith YHWH: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith YHWH.

This is exactly what the new testament teaches, so I don't think Christians have a problem with this arguement. It is you who keep speaking about God giving laws and stuff like that.
That passage of Jeremiah was quoted by Jesus in John 6, and also by paul in the epistles.
That is what is meant by new covenant ( new testament). It was derived from that passage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2020
GeneralDae:

This is exactly what the new testament teaches. So I don't think Christians have a problem with this arguement. It is you who keep speaking about God giving laws and stuff like that.
That passage of Jeremiah was quoted by Jesus in John 6, and also by paul in the epistles.
That is what is meant by new covenant ( new testament). It was derived from that passage.

You don't understand it do you ? It says nobody will teach anybody..not jesus not Paul , he will write it in your heart..so it comes to you naturally..nobody will teach you not to sleep with another mans wife, you will know it is wrong and avoid it,no matter how enticing it is...

Got it now, neither jesus nor Paul is needed...
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

You don't understand it do you ? It says nobody will teach anybody..not jesus not Paul , he will write it in your heart..so it comes to you naturally..nobody will teach you not to sleep with another mans wife, you will know it is wrong and avoid it,no matter how enticing it is...

Got it now, neither jesus nor Paul is needed...

So who is the WONDERFUL COUNSELOR Isaiah was talking about {Isaiah 9:6} and why the counseling?

Moreover when did the new covenant became effective so that you don't need to be taught, if Jesus is removed from the scene? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

So who is the WONDERFUL COUNSELOR Isaiah was talking about {Isaiah 9:6} and why the counseling?

Moreover when did the new covenant became effective so that you don't need to be taught, if Jesus is removed from the scene? cheesy

Do you really want to know or you are just asking random question.?
I don't want to waste my time .

Isaiah 1:1 says "1The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning [/b]Judah and Jerusalem, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah."

So you see the time frame Isaiah was referring to?

Then in 9:5 says "For a [b]child has been born to us
, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
and 6 says "to him who increases the authority, and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom, to establish it and to support it with justice and with righteousness; from now and to eternity, the zeal of the Lord of Host will accomplish this"

So as at the time isaiah was writing this the child has already been born .

So my friend he was referring to Hezekiah who was probably 6 years old as at that time..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
So which of the mentioned proved to be a Wonder Counselor, Mighty God, everlasting father or Prince of Peace : Whose Kingdom will last forever and ever Isaiah 9:6-7
You can be aggressive with your approach on matters but it doesn't make you wise respecting what's written in the scriptures so answer the question! cheesy
sonmvayina:

Isaiah 1:1 says "1The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, [[b]i]which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem, [/i][/b]in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah."

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Isaiah 1:1 says "1The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning [/b]Judah and Jerusalem, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah."

So you see the time frame Isaiah was referring to?

Then in 9:5 says "For a [b]child has been born to us
, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
and 6 says "to him who increases the authority, and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom, to establish it and to support it with justice and with righteousness; from now and to eternity, the zeal of the Lord of Host will accomplish this"

So as at the time isaiah was writing this the child has already been born .

So my friend he was referring to Hezekiah who was probably 6 years old as at that time..

So Hezekiah is the Everlasting Father and Mighty God shey? cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are not even making any attempt to know..ignorance is a big disease..

Like every other reasonable person, I judge how genuine a book is by the benefit it's producing among its user.
With the Usage of the 'Bible', Jehovah's witnesses have been able to solve 'racism', a global pandemic. Bringing together 8.7million people of different races and background or status to have love among themselves.
With this Book, they've been to disarm them, they don't go to war and kill people.
That's a few

Now, Imagine for a second the effect if everybody is a Jehovah's witness.
No racism, No war.
As MaxInDHouse said, if you cannot present the benefit of your 'Humans are gods in human experience consciousness whatever tales,' It is Useless and worthless

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

Like every other reasonable person, I judge how genuine a book is by the benefit it's producing among its user.
With the Usage of the 'Bible', Jehovah's witnesses have been able to solve 'racism', a global pandemic. Bringing together 8.7million people of different races and background or status to have love among themselves.
With this Book, they've been to disarm them, they don't go to war and kill people.
That's a few

No racism, No war.
As MaxInDHouse said, if you cannot present the benefit of your 'Humans are gods in human experience consciousness whatever tales,' It is Useless and worthless

I wonder o! cheesy

He's been going from thread to thread complaining about people believing in Jesus but to present the group that's practicing what he's saying so people can observe the BENEFITS through observation Sonmvayina just kept insulting and abusing everyone! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

From the passage it is evident that it has not started . some people are becoming aware and some are still on the journey...till a time when it will be effortless to obey them without resorting to going through the Torah..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
So wait till then Sir! cheesy
sonmvayina:

From the passage it is evident that it has not started . some people are becoming aware and some are still on the journey...till a time when it will be effortless to obey them without resorting to going through the Torah..

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

So Hezekiah is the Everlasting Father and Mighty God shey? cheesy

I don't want to believe you lack English comprehension..

That us God who calls him the prince of peace..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

That's a few

No racism, No war.

Don't worry, you are still in your Egypt,when the time really comes, God will send you a teacher that will lead you to the promised land..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

I wonder o! cheesy

He's been going from thread to thread complaining about people believing in Jesus but to present the group that's practicing what he's saying so people can observe the BENEFITS through observation Sonmvayina just kept insulting and abusing everyone! cheesy

Lol..nobody is insulting .I just marvel at your low intelligence .
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2020

sonmvayina:

Jer 31:30 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that

I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt;
forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a master over them, saith YHWH.

Do you know the import of the highlighted words? Y’know, for every covenant and agreement, there is a middleman—a mediator. For the Law given to the Israelites, Moses was the mediator.

So please who is the mediator of this new covenant? Is it you? Is it Jesus? Or someone else?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Don't worry, you are still in your Egypt,when the time really comes, God will send you a teacher that will lead you to the promised land..

Better dump those fruitless and Useless Fairytales and embrace the truth among people producing the fruits to be found among the true worshippers

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

Better dump those fruitless and Useless Fairytales and embrace the truth among people producing the fruits to be found among the true worshippers

You know it's not by force or mere show grin

The thing is, I've observed him keenly since I came to NL and he's pretty much the type who forges his beliefs from ancient Sumerian and Mesopotamian mythology, Nollywood fables down to the stories told by grandmothers in the village.

In fact it doesn't matter if you're telling him nonsense he'll accept it with open arms grin
As long as it's not from the Bible, he's okay with whatever you tell him cheesy

Everyone will carry his own load(Gal 6:5)
Sonmvayina has decided this to be his own. But what will not be acceptable is he moving from thread to thread throwing tantrums at those who choose to believe in the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by haddeylium(m): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
DappaD:

Do you know the import of the highlighted words? Y’know, for every covenant and agreement, there is a middleman—a mediator. For the Law given to the Israelites, Moses was the mediator.

So please who is the mediator of this new covenant? Is it you? Is it Jesus? Or someone else?

Hezekiah cheesy
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by DappaD: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

Hezekiah cheesy

Is that what he said?
Hezekiah who died long before Jeremiah was born? Abi na two Hezekiah dey Bible now? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
So wait till then Sir! cheesy

I will...but you can stay in your cult...and continue your idolatry..

God will not punish me for obeying his commandment or will he ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
DappaD:

Lol...how did you arrive at that idea ?
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2020
haddeylium:

Tuffia kwa you want God to punish me?..it is idolatry..I don't need to be a member of a cult to no what is right and wrong..
Re: Why Did God Want A Son ? by sonmvayina(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
DappaD:

So answer my query, when did God say his son will be the mediator of the new covenant ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Jesus Said / What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.