Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met (66838 Views)

Men, Can You Consider Divorcing An Emotional And Verbally Abusive Wife? / "My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Ken26(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2020
Most of ds kind guys ar faithful dey hate been turn off cuz dey kip tinz cool, bt fear of been use no go gree u see

2 Likes

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by SeunDobo(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:
Must u bring everything to nairaland? Now, what do u want us to do about what u just penned down? I will advise that u go join the protest. #End SARS.

Yes you are right make she go and join the protest jare and stop bothering us
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by geezyk(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2020
You're confused cos he has money, assuming he's a poverty stricken man, you won't think twice before dumping his sorry aassuming.

You're not confused, you're a thief, date am make he kill you.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Fourwinds: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....
not this type of flaws.... If the guy is the type that doesn't know to tidy up his corner, such flaw is understandable.... Nonsense everywhere
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Fourwinds: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2020
SeunDobo:

Yes you are right make she go and join the protest jare and stop bothering us
the meaning of your moniker is 'Seun wey dey Fvck pvssies ' what a name
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by spiralwedge(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.
I decided not to visit him because it's not safe for me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

Your suspicion is valid, and maybe a ritualist
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by justified007: 7:41am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:

Thanks.. I already begged thou...

A guy that's doing that before you guys even get serious with the relationship will like end up a wife beater . He's got temper issue .

Use your head lady
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by PrinceKoi: 7:41am On Oct 22, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by culswagz(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2020
maybe he is pouring out the #endsars anger on you
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by jaxxy(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

I just met a guy last month ending, we exchanged numbers and started chatting. He asked me out.. I really enjoyed chatting with him, just him alone. So few days after, he invited me to his house. I declined but I noticed that he stopped chatting with me.

Few days after, he asked about my genotype without even greeting me. I counter questioned him and he attacked me, claiming that he is not happy with me. I replied that 'I don't care'.
The next thing I received was rains of insults. Saying that I insulted him. I admitted and we settled it.

For the short times I've known him, I could see the kind of qualities I want in a man. But the problem he has and that he attested to is verbal abuse...

I noticed that anytime he invites me to his house and I declined, it always piss him off and he stops talking to me.

He argues over little things on chat, he talks to me like I'm a baby ( he is 33 and I'm 22). he is domineering... I'm just confused on the decision to date him considering all these flaws. I am suspicious of him being violent.
thanks

He’s definitely problematic and u won’t have a peaceful relationship or marriage cos if that personality flaw unless he’s will to admit his flaw and correct it bt as it stands he seems proud of that flaw and not willing to change it so the ball is in ur court. I personally wud never comprise such personality flaw. Verbal abuse to metamorph to any other kind of abuse much later like physical or emotional.

Personally I don’t have time for rubbish attitude. I wud leave such a relationship right away unless I see willing and progress to change.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by greypencils: 7:54am On Oct 22, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
He's showing you who he is and your instincts are likewise warning you. Run!

Besides, he needs to find someone closer to his age
and you need to do the same for yourself!

Nice advice Dimples like wow. $$$$$ fall on you.

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by healthbing(f): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

Staying in an abusive relationship is very dangerous..
If you can't manage him then leave to aviod had I know..
But if you love him so much and he loves you sincerely
You can change him..
Try and talk to him to know what really made him like that..
Some people environment,family, situations change them..
Maybe he has gone through heartbreak that made him become hostile..
But with your right up I can conclude he has anger issues and pride..
Try and find out his personality type And know how to relate with him..
Aviod things that will make him angry and don't talk when his talking most men hate that...you can do all these for him since you said his your dream man..
But make sure you're able to learn how to manage his excesses before marriage

1 Like

Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Goodman247: 7:59am On Oct 22, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:

At ur age wetin de hungry u no de market, but continue. No say I no tell u. Imagine this one talking about love!
must he be 30years bfor he falls in love, 18years can get married.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Paulcyril19: 8:00am On Oct 22, 2020
iRepNaija1:

OP, please don't pursue this. You're not even in a relationship with him and you two are already arguing, regardless of who is right or wrong. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is that he wants you to come to his house only after a few days of talking. That's concerning because a) you should be meeting someone you don't know well in a public place, b) he should want to meet you in a public place for a meet-up or date, or c) he just wants sex. If you just want sex, then cool. But since you've declined his first offer, I don't think that's what you're going for. The third red flag is that he insulted you. From what you said, you told him, "I don't care." Is that an insult? To me, it's not because you did not criticize his person or his family. (Remember, critique the action, not the person). Could your response have been said in a better way? Maybe but you were straightforward. If he's willing to do this and you two have just started talking, imagine what could happen if you were dating or in a serious relationship.

He's just trying to test your limits to see how much B.S. he can get away with and how much B.S. you can tolerate. At 22, you're an adult but you're also much younger than him and he's seeing if he can take advantage of your possible lack of experience in dating. The fact that you're on NL may indicate to me you're still interested in him despite these red flags because if you weren't, I know you would've not continued talking with him.

I think you should really let this man go. It just sounds like wahala. You're young and there will be so many other men. When a man likes you and wants to spend time with you, you won't have to question it, you won't be on NL asking for advice from strangers. He will treat you like royalty and handle you like glass. You will never have to second-guess his feelings for you or his motives. Good luck.

Omo you get time iswear!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by wilsonAlo: 8:02am On Oct 22, 2020
Ode
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Ghost01(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2020
Ardar:
Is his name Obinna bright?
With a burnt black complexion? Did he try to kiss you on the day you guys exchanged numbers?

If he's the one pls run far away.
Happy birthday, Ardar!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by myonekobo: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2020
hmmmm.......so much has been said but the bobo wants to settle down but you're are lagging behind in commitment
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by authority2006(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2020
ArewaOduduwaBia:
Must u bring everything to nairaland? Now, what do u want us to do about what u just penned down? I will advise that u go join the protest. #End SARS.

If you didn't have sensible thing to contribute, why not pass? Very childish of you. Mtcheeew!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by adieora(f): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Please, you better run. Men who are verbally abusive then to be physically abusive. This is not about accepting someone's flaw. His mother should accept his flaw.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by picklighthouse: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

Let me advice you straight up. Don't start what you can't finish. You can see he is abusive now when you are just friends. If you date him and eventually marry that kind of guy, you will live in pains of abuse all your life. I can sew you are at least wise enough not to go to his house. If he rapes you or harms you the question people here would ask you is, what took you there in the first place?

You are still young and have your whole life ahead of you. You will still see a more reasonable, caring and loving guy in the future so relax. Don't mind those telling you to go ahead with that kind of relationship. They wouldn't do it themselves.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Segzy19: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2020
Don't worry, stay with him.. u hear!
By the time it moves from verbal abuse to physical abuse, you will still come and tell us...

U better borrow urself brain.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by hustla(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Olakunleyakub:
Age difference is not really the issue if both partners understand it.

You need to read post again and see where the lady said he used to talk to her any how

So what do you think might really be the reason for that sir?

See the way she replied him.. I am certain it's not the first time she has spoken that way to him

She should learn to stop being a brat too and learn how to talk
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by horlanrewaju11(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
9ja is on fire see wetin this one dey post
if naija like make im explode we dey inside together my brother
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by whodeyhere: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2020
PLEASE DON'T DATE HIM IN CASE YOU SEE THIS... Date him ONLY if you can accept verbal abuse and domineering behaviour for the rest of your life because he won't change. FORGET PEOPLE SAYING NO ONE IS PERFECT BLA BLA, some baggages are too big to handle in marriage.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by ayusco85(m): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Xoly:
Love is not all about understanding each other's love languages. Love is accepting his/her flaws....

If u can't give someone good advice just keep quite. Which type of advice is this? Who made this quote?
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by kenex4ever(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
clearly violent
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Justarandomguy: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
Trash. Who give a f*ck
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by wemmy01(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2020
If the guy na Uchenna staying in Umuahia, I know the guy, he has a good heart.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by UNRULY(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
this is not our problem for now. Nigeria is about to be reformed for all of our good and that is what should occupy all of our minds.
Thank you!
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by CoolAmbience(m): 9:48am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks

Find your way before it gets dark.

There are many good men out there.

There is nothing to be confused about in your narration.

Make I come dey go....
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by deavicky(m): 9:58am On Oct 22, 2020
ladywealth:
Good evening my NL guys.

thanks
i tot we are still on end SARS matter?.
Re: A Verbally Abusive Guy I Just Met by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2020
Ardar:
Is his name Obinna bright?
With a burnt black complexion? Did he try to kiss you on the day you guys exchanged numbers?

If he's the one pls run far away.
cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Okoro Blessing Nkeiruka Builds A House Of Her Own After Boyfriend Dumped Her / Lady Shows Up At Ex-boyfriend’s Traditional Wedding Dressed Like His Bride / How To Use Panties As Hair Band: Lady Teaches Nigerian Ladies. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.