Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) (44253 Views)

A Fake Senior Navy Officer Was Arrested By Soldiers (video/pictures) / Man Accused Of Stealing Manhood By Asking For Favour Caught By Soldiers (Video) / #EndSARS: Protesters In Aba Launch Counter-Attack On Soldiers (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Chidecmail: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2020
tooth4tooth:

I heard the news from a reliable source that nobody died but many were injured. Fake news cannot help the struggle
(You must be very wicked, you heard from a reliable source?) are you telling world that the live video on facebook that night when protests were being mold down was fake ?.
Now I know why the devil is a black man

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by DeMoneyGenius: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2020
Very poor attempt at videoshopping.
They couldn't even hire a pro to match the audio and the character.
Idiots!
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Seankhalifa: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2020
now I kW y buhari is not talking...

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by GeneralOjukwu: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
shocked

About the Lekki Toll Gate Tragedy - Lucas Bashir

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Iraoya Godwin said he didn't die and there was a mix-up

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1318778267323781120?s=19

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

You can insult me till I expose fake news against you.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

Some people with ulterior motives are using the protests to cause chaos.

Stop SARS, I agree...but say NO to propaganda, looting, violence and crime.

8 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2020
He heard lol, what else did he hear, deceivers.
Chidecmail:

(You must be very wicked, you heard from a reliable source?) are you telling world that the live video on facebook that night when protests were being mold down was fake ?.
Now I know why the devil is a black man

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by richie240: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2020
Sebi we yorubas dey see our lives for busstop now?
We don allow propagandists wine us to use our hands to do ourselves.

Just yesterday when I alerted yorubas to wakeup to realize that these foes are only wining us to demonize our own leaders and attack them and dt they shd wake up and smell d coffee, u implied that my mouth dey smell and u were praised by d enemies of d state for 'making sense'.

Ordinary one picture of d lekki tollgaste massacre since yesterday nor surface, na so so fake pictures our enemies dey post!

Now wey not a single death has bn proven, what happens to d carnage DT has bn caused as a result? The properties destroyed as an aftermath, will d protesters rebuild it?
Your (and my) obas palace DT was destroyed nko?

Sebi our aiz don dey clear small-small now abi?
Las-las, we yorubas must get sense by fire by force!

cool
madridguy:
The fact that everywhere was dark makes me believe too but till now no one has come up with any details of their dead love ones.

if you know anybody that know anyone that die in the process, share their contact and let us verify.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by nograv: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2020
SeriouslySense:
exactly

They think we are stupid

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by tutudesz: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2020
Pearchi:
People died,the soldiers went away with dead bodies while they took the injured to hospital.
If we keep spreading fake news online, UN, AU and World Court will find it hard to believe any news coming out of Nigeria in the future. Did you see any soldiers carry dead bodies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by JAWBONE(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
shocked

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

Did Nigerian soldiers shoot at peaceful protesters in a Lekki? Yes. Did people die from that? Yes.

There is bound to be fake news in all these due to the nature of social media. But please let us not trivialize or politicize the events of Oct 20. Let us respect the memories of the dead. If your brother, sister, friend was among the dead, it wouldn't be so easy for you to try and be a detective

3 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by amerengues(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2020
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by uchelouis45(m): 9:49am On Oct 22, 2020
dokie:

We wait to see. Don't forget though that many at the protest grounds are "nobodys" so to speak.
Lol. Na so
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
reliable source like your sanwoolu the liar abi? The protesters are learned, educated and courteous. You may just go there tomorrow and ask them. You could hear from the horses mouth.

But why have you dodged the fact that:

Soldiers invaded the place
Soldiers shot at protesters
Cctv was turned off
Street Light was turned off

Any rationale behind the above pls?

Did the protesters shot at, have what is called ayeta( local bullet repellant) that none of those bullets shot hit them?

You sef. I suspect you're one of the paid damage controllers. Continue
nobody is arguing these points with u. The simple thing is if you know any body that died from the shoot out, mention his/her name.

4 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by webm: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
shocked

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Soldiers that killed and moved with the bodies. That's there modus operandi. They switched off lights and did their thing so that you will come here and be spewing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2020
They thrive on confusing statements and propaganda. One has to look at the evidence and use sound reasoning
nograv:

They think we are stupid

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by dalass(f): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Ok, thank God for your life. May the souls of those who died rest in peace.

No one was killed at the Lekki toll gate, simple!

R.I.P to all the souls of the departed though undecided
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Dansuqi: 9:52am On Oct 22, 2020
tesppidd:
I believe you are educated and so you shouldn't be spewing such thrash.
All the bolded could have been done to scare the protesters and make them run away.
It's psychological warfare.

Switching off lights and CCTV is not a proof that someone died.

This is the era of social media.

If anybody died at all, it wouldn't take a minute for their corpses, photos and names to be shown all over social media.

It's just like a man has a woman in his apartment.
Just because you see him buy a condom and switche off the light.
Can you come the day after to swear that he slept with her!!

Is that conclusive?

Can you prove that in a court of law?

Oga stop disgracing yourself; show the names and photos of the dead.

That's how he disgraced himself in edo,it has reached lagos
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2020
Many over emotional people here on nairaland.

Even men.

Aren't we suppose to be rational and factual.

People just believe every thing on social media without investigation.

Some people were pushing an agenda that there was a massacre all because to make Nigeria look bad.

I am still asking where are the dead bodies from the massacre

5 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Tilykay(m): 9:53am On Oct 22, 2020
Becareful people, agents are here to deceive people. At least Sanwo olu was there in the hospital to see the victims. And we can see the rage both the protesters and hoodlums took on the cuty. The question is does that look like people weren't killed and injured. My own prayer is, the blood of the innocent must speak and would never end. Judgement awaits us all. Nigeria would never stand if this continues. #restructing is the answer. #Endsars.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by ivolt: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
may the souls of those who died rest in peace. People died, but they're heroes and heroine. There's no fake news everywhere, soldiers were seen opening fire at peaceful protesters. We could hear their voice...they're killing us, they're shooting at us. The place was quite dark while shooting was going on as seen in the viral glaring , video . The fact that the whole place was dark was enough to raise a suspicion that some people not seen by friends may have died.
People have been dying before Lekki and many have after.
Nobody died on Lekki toll gate.
Stop the fake news.

8 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Dansuqi: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Light turned off to scare protesters okay. Shooting at the protesters too was a means of scaring them too naw. Why not shoot in the air instead, if the motive was to scare us?. FYI, I was there live and my vehicle was parked beside Mobil Station. I don't want to say much on this. We are not stupid. No non-yoruba can infiltrate our land to cause mayhem. We're more advanced, educated and exposed than this. Go back and meet your paymaster that guys aren't willing to listen to your submission. Have a nice day. Tinubu's empire must end. Giragira e ti poju

The video I saw showed soldiers shooting up not at the protesters

4 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2020
I knew it would get to this, that's why I was against the protest. I knew evil forces would hijack it.

5 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by nograv: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2020
SeriouslySense:
They thrive on confusing statements and propaganda. One has to look at the evidence and use sound reasoning

Exactly, sometimes I laugh to myself our people are too clever for their own good, even when it is for the wrong cause.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
If lekki isn't far from.your location, kindly go there tomorrow and meet with the protesters. They would be able to help you. Don't come here and be doing one stupid damage control. How much were you paid? Who knows if the video posted was fake sef cos u suspect it. I can come up with such a video and post it online that I was amongst the protesters who survived.

Young man, those soldiers fired blanks into the air. You panicky youths carried stories of shootings. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Praktikals(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
may the souls of those who died rest in peace. People died, but they're heroes and heroine. There's no fake news everywhere, soldiers were seen opening fire at peaceful protesters. We could hear their voice...they're killing us, they're shooting at us. The place was quite dark while shooting was going on as seen in the viral glaring , video . The fact that the whole place was dark was enough to raise a suspicion that some people not seen by friends may have died.
Even one death is too much, but the numbers were exaggerated. Remember Eniola Badmus was also rumored to have lost her life in the protest.

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Dansuqi: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2020
tutudesz:

If we keep spreading fake news online, UN, AU and World Court will find it hard to believe any news coming of Nigeria in the future. Did you see any soldiers carry dead bodies

Fergie,abeg come and help us
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 9:56am On Oct 22, 2020
Right from the very day of the incident, I said it loudly. I was vilified, insulted, cursed. But I laughed because truth does not hide.

Nigerian soldiers shot no one.

5 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by richie240: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
The fact that everywhere was dark makes me believe too but till now no one has come up with any details of their dead love ones.

If you know anybody that know anyone that die in the process, share their contact and let us verify.

See d ppl pointing out how we yorubas can/should destroy our own properties and leaders in Lagos/SW with one mouth also giving stern warning that their ppl she not carry d same negative energy enter east!

Whilst KANU is giving stern warning that their ppl she not carry madness enter Enugu, he's praising yorubas for destroying their own lands.

I say las-las, we yorubas must get that sense, by faya by fuss!
cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
[s][/s]
part of cyber war against the masses

the government has launched their online attack dogs to clean up their mess

too late for terrorist buhari
the world is aware
the guy u mentioned is LOOKING FOR FACTS. That's y he said u should post names of those who died. I no know how people take dey reason.

5 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by ivolt: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:

If you know anybody that know anyone that die in the process, share their contact and let us verify.

It is refreshing that you are objective while also supporting EndSars
I actually check some of the Lekki dead pictures and videos.
They were either fake or shot before the incident.
Some videos are just someone narrating what supposedly happen in complete darkness with no evidence.

Regarding the darkness, there is a chance that the "shooters" and the reporters are well-coordinated.
Some of the protests have been clearly hijacked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by KOE1(m): 9:58am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
shocked

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

If you are not for us, then you are against us...we rebuke bastards as we #Endthis and that
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Patiks: 9:58am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
I don't have to be there to know what happened there. How come since last night no one has mention any name of their pictures? FYI, I have 2 friends at Lekki and both said they don't know anyone that die. If you get anyone who know anyone let me know.

You are sounding VERY STUPID AND HEARTLESS. Armies short live bullets at peaceful protesters in the DARK. Many were wounded and (some - GOD FORBID!) may probably not survive the onslaught, yet, an idiot is coming to say none died, and those who are at home, scared to death right now, should do a headcount and/or come out to identify those who died.

Did you realize that many who went to the protest site are/were adults and may be living alone? They may not have told their loved ones where they were going and what they were doing? Did you realize that one may not be able to recognise anyone in the dark?

Honestly, you are an IDIOT despite your intention(s).

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Notorious Armed Robber Nabbed By Security Men During Failed Operation. Photo / Elephant Breaks Its Chain, Destroys Cars, Electric Poles & Walls In Indian (pix) / Man Flings $100 Bills From Moving Jeep On Express Road In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.