Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) (44289 Views)

A Fake Senior Navy Officer Was Arrested By Soldiers (video/pictures) / Man Accused Of Stealing Manhood By Asking For Favour Caught By Soldiers (Video) / #EndSARS: Protesters In Aba Launch Counter-Attack On Soldiers (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Patiks: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
ivolt:

Actually, they didn't shoot directly at protesters.
Hundreds would be really dead if they did.
The shooters, whoever they are, try to avoid direct firing.
The hospital victims wounds support these point.

I am not defending Nigerian soldiers because they are lawless.
But this incident is very suspicious.

Of course, they didn't shoot directly at the protesters but many are wounded.

The major problem Nigeria has is that there are too many educated-illiterates/semi illiterates in one geographical area called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by tutudesz: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Tilykay:

Didn't you see the lights were out. Pictures or videos don't lie. What's wrong with this person?
Yesterday on Arises news the Amnesty International coordinator in Nigeria said they are still gathering information, videos to analyze what really happened.
What if some fake videos and information are submitted to them during their investigation? They will find it hard to proof their case in court undecided are you aware that FG lawyers will use the fake news online to win their case that no body died
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Kayharry(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
[mr macaroni cousin died
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by 1x2x3: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Felincous:
If the protests is all about propaganda then I back out
I belong to this generation but anything built on lie I won't support
I started feeling suspicious since yesterday too
God must expose those behind this false alarm.

I laugh. You remember when soldiers did something similar to ipob members? They kill and take the body away. Even if you went with your friend and he was killed then the body removed, you will only think he is missing. If you have been following recent happenings you will recall some bodies were later seem floating on a river in the east..... Do your maths and stay calm.

Why were the lights turned off? You heard reports that night that they are taking away bodies.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Femimichael99: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
shocked

About the Lekki Toll Gate Tragedy - Lucas Bashir

Since morning, I have been trying my best possible effort to get the identity of those who allegedly lost their lives yesterday. It should be understood that this is to authenticate the information one would disseminate and not a service to the government nor an attempt to debunk what happened between soldiers and protesters in Lekki.

Also, some people are unhappy because we have clarified that some people who were said to have died did not die. We were insulted for this patriotic service. Little do these people know how many lost sleep and the number of those in sorrow upon hearing the news of their loved ones.

WHAT WE CAN COMFIRM

Steve ABBEY did not die. His picture was circulated yesterday on twitter. He debunked the story himself. He is fine.

Eniola Badmus was allegedly shot in the stomach yesterday. The news is untrue, Eniola was not shot and is very fine.

Onyiye Francis has made clarification on a post by Yemi Alade about a man carrying a dead lady wrapped in Nigerian flag. She said that it was a movie they acted themed, "Heal our land, OH LORD!

Iraoya Godwin said he didn't die and there was a mix-up

Comrade Anthony Okechukwu did not die at the protest ground. He was not shot by the soldiers. He died in a motorcycle accident.

What we can substantiate is a news report from Punch. Lagos State Government, Babajide Sanwo-Olu visited the victims who were injured. You can check here:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1318778267323781120?s=19

Please, If you have names of people who died and their pictures, forward them them Lucassamson24@gmail.com. Fake news kills faster than bullets.

You can insult me till I expose fake news against you.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

It show clearly that you are part of the propaganda of government, so shameful of you...

All what you listed above of those claiming they are not dead, soldier did not kill them...

Two things here, One: some could think a friend was cut up with the shooting and he or she was not seen on-time...thinking they could been dead and they came out that they are alive

Second: starting from the remover of the CCTV and switching off the light at lekki tollgate, to soldiers shooting and killing scores of protesters, to the governor saying no one dead in the shooting, military dying shooting anyone, to people claiming soldiers did not shoot them, that they are alive and you saying those that lost their people should come out.... are all propaganda of our wicked and heartless leaders.... Why did Sanwo-olu came out said he can't do nothing to protect his people because of the "power beyond him"

All na propaganda, but God pass them....

The blood of the dead will surely raise and hunt them one by one, you are not spare too you know.

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nato008(m): 10:15am On Oct 22, 2020
tooth4tooth:

If you like you can cry the whole world,the fact remains that there was no live lost. You claimed lives were lost in Lekki,yet you cannot pin point one particular name of the victim.

yeah u have a point....but then it is just begs the question.....who ordered the soldiers there and what really happened...the governor is saying another thing the military is saying another...
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2020
wingmanIII:

Some BMC are even claiming that the soldiers used fireworks! Can you imagine the level of stupidity?
Can you imagine shocked
We must surely end stupidity in Nigeria
Victoria Ascerta ✊✊✊
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Samysearch(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Tonylyte:

You are not needed here. Go to important threads and make your comment there. Hypocrite!

Honestly speaking, u are the hypocrite. What madridguy wanted was irrefutable fact & u failed to present it. Fake news kills faster than bullets & machete.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by ivolt: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2020
Patiks:

Of course, they didn't shoot directly at the protesters but many are wounded.

The major problem Nigeria has is that there are too many educated-illiterates/semi illiterates in one geographical area called Nigeria.
You are right.
I hate the lawlessness of Nigeria's security agency.
But my grouse is that many are justifying killing, burning and looting
on the Lekki "massacre" that never happened.
Shooting happened but no death verified.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by GideonOmach(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
I don't have to be there to know what happened there. How come since last night no one has mention any name of their pictures? FYI, I have 2 friends at Lekki and both said they don't know anyone that die. If you get anyone who know anyone let me know.

It's not possible for only your two friends to absolutely conclude whether anyone died or not from a gathering of thousands, even they have friends too. How far they can affirm anything is how far they know. It is not possible for them to be everywhere in that helter-skelter to tell who died and who didn't: they are not surveillance cameras? Even surveillance cameras were turned off during the incident.
We are not talking about whether the death was immediate on being shot or later after being shot but people really lost their lives. This one we are even putting up arguments of death or not, we have not come to the end of this thing yet and If we agree that people got injured, then the probability of death abounds with our kind of Medicare. People die from bullet injuries too. It just takes a longer while than people who were shot at close range.

If no one was to die, why were the lights and CCTV cameras out? Why should anyone even be wounded in the first place if the intention was not to kill? I'm sure part of the aim of the lights and cameras being out were to incite arguments like this because of the outage.
We saw testimonies of people testifying to being shot at directly at many times and only narrowly escaping. No Deaths is not a justification for the left leg pulled up at the expense of the people's safety whom you are supposed to protect on such occasion neither does it reduce the sadness and pain of such inhumane, senile system floating above us. But the deaths even escalate the pain and sadness.

We have seen leaked inside messages confirming the whole incident from unnamed Staffs at the toll gate authority. I am not trying to affirm that someone must die to justify or complete our pain and mourning, I'm saying there were clear enough evidences of people who didn't make it and steps to such outcome should not come from people who represent you. An aspect of Democratic governance is tolerance and forbearance. Military rule would have justified this but a democrat would never do this, no founding fathers of democracy will identify with this as Democratic. The whole process is wrong and juvenile in sense.

So, go to instagram and twitter and search #endsars, #lekkimassacre or #lekkigenocide...also search for tags to Djswitch and find out well.. then you can get information to confirm your assertion as to whether anyone died or not.

I personally followed the trends for the past two days and I know of two persons whose names were mentioned and captured – One Lucy and Samson lost their lives there that night. Save yourself from saving wrong situations like this. There is no logical basis for this whatsoever, there are lots of innovative ways to attend to the people if you actually had attention in mind. The best you could do is pray for our leaders not to come out argue whether anyone died or not. Is gun shots a cane that you should raise it at people and wait to argue whether anybody died or not or ease up that only many got wounded, just for only crying out their grievances?
Please drop arguments and focus! Pray for Nigeria and our leaders. While we Demand for reform, let's become the reform too.
#endsars #endbadgovernance #restructurenigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Patiks: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2020
SeriouslySense:
They thrive on propaganda and confusing statements, division, religion and ethnicity for their control.

cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Kabiyesi12(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2020
I will advice Seun Osewa to upgrade Nairaland by providing a template to check for peoples mental health before they can qualify to be here. I am tried of sharing platform with dull skull like you.
Even if you blind your friend will explain what the saw in the viral video or was it acted like what stupid element said earlier on.
Dey use your brain oo once in a while especially on sensitive issues like this. Must you write something.

If you collect money from anyone and support them against the masses. The penury will beging with you and you will see it upon your generation, infact you will live long but there will live long but there will be no peace upon you.

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by dalass(f): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2020
Tilykay:

The God whom I serve will judge you accordingly.

Including you!

The guy who was acclaimed to have died while saying peace and unity have come out to debunk it! Eniola Badmus said she wasn't shot in the stomach or any part at all!

I don't understand why lying against people to incite ignorant youths to arson and carnage... God must judge perpetrators of evil lies in the bid to cause more loss of lives and properties.. Wicked souls!!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Kaylet: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2020
tooth4tooth:

I heard the news from a reliable source that nobody died but many were injured. Fake news cannot help the struggle

Many were injured you said? And lives were not taken?

Like I don't get you.

People who live around said lives were taken:

Why was the CCTV taken away?
Why was light interrupted?

I saw the news of Iroaya Godwin, he said the cousin bears same name, Iroaya Godwin, with him who got injured in Auchi.

Did you see the protest that took place in other countries? Where they molested or assaulted?

Did you listen to the Mr Macaroni and Ebuka's prog on channels?

Let's look for way forward.
Some people only hear go.
Some are out for destruction out of frustration.

They're not born that way.

Everything to make Nigeria better than UAE, UK, Singapore, Canada and co are at our disposal.,

But
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by QuinieR(f): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2020
Story for the gods
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by HolyTitus(m): 10:20am On Oct 22, 2020
madridguy:
I don't have to be there to know what happened there. How come since last night no one has mention any name of their pictures? FYI, I have 2 friends at Lekki and both said they don't know anyone that die. If you get anyone who know anyone let me know.

Ogbeni, Since you claimed you have friends in Lekki, why not go meet them and be doing door - to - door check to ascertain the number of death cases since 'they''ve' contracted you to do the damage control on their behalf to avoid being punished by ICC ?

MODIFIED: all of you that were contracted to do a damage control for the useless government, if you know what's best for you, I'll implore you to return the stipends you were been given so that they won't open a live bullet at you too or your loved ones in the nearest future. #shalom
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by harmony75: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2020
thank God you're a hero stay safe, may the souls of Heroes that died rest in peace ��
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2020
ivolt:

You are too dumb.
DJ switch was playing a script for gullible people like you.
Nobody died in Lekki.
My Jesus! How do you play scprit with something that was live....it's just like saying live matches are scripted
It's you that's the dumb fellow here.
If lives won't be lost, why will the cameras go off and switch off the lights. Are you aware people reported that soldiers came to pack the bodies so as to hide the evidence.......your brain must have been used as sacrifice for daily crumbs
After we end bad governance, we will end stupidity.
Victoria Ascerta ✊✊✊

2 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Basher8583: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Tonylyte:

You are not needed here. Go to important threads and make your comment there. Hypocrite!

I don't understand. Did you send someone to protest that never came back?
He asked a simple question. Give names and post thier pictures for verification.

Must you thrive on deceit all your life

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Miracle2020: 10:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Their target was Tinubu, Buhari and APC. Nothing like endsars.
Even when the president agree to scrap the SARS and accepted their demands, they still blocked the roads.
When federal government called them for dialogue, they refused to dialogue.
Dino melaye who is known to be one of the most useless politician in Nigeria, he showcase his wealth to intimidate Nigerians youths but unfortunately they gave him mic to speak in one of the protest ground.
Tinubu is seeing as a stumbling block for their quest for power come 2023 that is the reason they want to cripple him financially and politically.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by fuke(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2020
TsaTrinity:

That is because it was reported on several Twitter accounts that the soldiers were packing the dead bodies inside their truck.
This is done to clean up any evidence against them.
After we end bad governance, we will end stupidity in Nigeria
Victoria Ascerta ✊✊✊

Let their brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, parents talk now.
those alleged killed did not drop from heaven now.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by tutudesz: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Pearchi:

How can you call lekkimasscare fake news,pls I don't have time for needless argument. You're probably paid to make real look unreal.UN too has commented on lekki killings,evil can never be covered.
you go about asking people to give names of people that died,how is it possible to know the names of people that went to protest,very useless question.
UN chief calls for end to reported police brutality in Nigeria and an investigation will be carry out. What if out of 10 videos online 6 are fake, the investigators start doubting what really happened undecided Am not asking for names of those that died and neither am I in support of what happened, but we should wait for an independent investigation to be carried out.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by tooth4tooth: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Nato008:

yeah u have a point....but then it is just begs the question.....who ordered the soldiers there and what really happened...the governor is saying another thing the military is saying another...

Young man ,I condemn the shooting. No sane man will support the use of live ammunition on peaceful protesters.

But let's do some little sensing,as we all know this protest has gained a lot of support globally,what do you think will be the faith of the struggle if they find out we are using fake news to gain sympathy?

1 Like

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Patiks: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2020
ivolt:

You are right.
I hate the lawlessness of Nigeria's security agency.
But my grouse is that many are justifying killing, burning and looting
on the Lekki "massacre" that never happened.
Shooting happened but no death verified.

How can you tell? It's barely two full days. Many can't go out of their homes because they are scared to death.

Many of the protesters are adults who might be living alone. It will take time for one to notice there absence talk much of deciphering what happened to them and their whereabouts.

The darkness made it almost impossible to identify anyone.

It is my sincere hope that nobody died. It scares me to think of it.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Are you satisfied with Nigeria, its good for you, but we don't need Nigeria the poverty and slave capital.
Patiks:

What do you thrive on? Should we use the cliches up there to cover up the fact like you are doing now?

Fact: Armies shot live bullets at peaceful protesters. A live bullet kills and maims its targets. So what is your point exactly?
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Rodwave: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2020
samunaka:

So all this while the news you people have been carrying about the so-called massacre was based on suspicion, the fact that people were screaming in the dark that they are shooting us, they are killing us doesn't necessarily mean that they were being killed, what if the army was just shooting in the air to scare you people away,

Why should they shoot in the air to scare peaceful protesters? Do you think gun is stick that you can play with all the time? Can't you see how crowded that place is? You have not heard about stray bullets? You guys have no conscience.
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2020
Kaylet:

Many were injured you said? And lives were not taken?

Like I don't get you.

People who live around said lives were taken:

Why was the CCTV taken away?
Why was light interrupted?

I saw the news of Iroaya Godwin, he said the cousin bears same name, Iroaya Godwin, with him who got injured in Auchi.

Did you see the protest that took place in other countries? Where they molested or assaulted?

Did you listen to the Mr Macaroni and Ebuka's prog on channels?

Let's look for way forward.
Some people only hear go.
Some are out for destruction out of frustration.

They're not born that way.

Everything to make Nigeria better than UAE, UK, Singapore, Canada and co are at our disposal.,

But
More wisdom to you for this analysis. It was also reported that the soldiers were packing the dead bodies inside their truck to cover up their evil act.
May all those still defending this govt suffer for 600yrs and more
After we end bad governance, we will end stupidity in Nigeria
Victoria Ascerta ✊✊✊

3 Likes

Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2020
What the people need, is to decide their future and to understand their past to decide their future, and nobody can stop sensible people
Patiks:

What do you thrive on? Should we use the cliches up there to cover up the fact like you are doing now?

Fact: Armies shot live bullets at peaceful protesters. A live bullet kills and maims its targets. So what is your point exactly?
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Basher8583: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2020
HolyTitus:
Ogbeni, Since you claimed you have friends in Lekki, why not go meet them and be doing door - to - door check to ascertain the number of death cases since 'they''ve' contracted you to do the damage control on their behalf to avoid being punished by ICC ?

Illiterate...ICC does not work on hear say and definitely never through claims in social media. They work just like Madridguy is doing.
So you are now enlightened
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Basher8583: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2020
HolyTitus:

Illiterate ICC does not work on hear say and definitely never through claims in social media. They work just like Madridguy is doing.
How you are now enlightened
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Solutionchima: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Following your claims but why do some hospitals calls for emergency blood donation
Re: Man Dismisses Report Of Him Being Killed By Soldiers (Video) by Patiks: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2020
cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fake Doctor Ran Luna Maternity & Surgery At Gwarimpa, Abuja For 10 Years / Police Officers Chase A Dispatch Rider To Death In Lekki / "A Lady Said I Was Sexually Harassing Her Because I Wore Short" - Uber Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.