Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Debunking Car Myths - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Debunking Car Myths (35551 Views)

Are Nitrogen-filled Tires Better For Your Car? Debunking The Myth / Fixing Car Yourself Will Void The Car Warranty? - 12 Car Myths Debunked / Myths Or Facts: Are Car Fires Work Of The Village People Or Just Carelessness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:52am On Oct 24, 2020
Myth: Firestone tires are foolproof reliable

False!

Fact: in 2000 Firestone had to recall over 6 million tires after over 40 deaths.... As a result of blowouts

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2020
weyreypey:

Myth or fact. What years?
this one na myth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2020
Myth Camry pencillight is the next best thing you can buy with your money as a daily driver

False!

Fact: no one tells you that owning it predisposes you to serious accidents due to factory defects on the headlights like vespa light.

No one tells you that carrying three adults at the back ruins the back suspension with the krokrokro sound.

No one tells you that it has an exhaust that is always hitting the ground....

If you can live with the uninspiring interior.... can you live with others

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth Camry pencillight is the next best thing you can buy with your money as a daily driver

False!

Fact: no one tells you that owning it predisposes you to serious accidents due to factory defects on the headlights like vespa light.
Stop crying Sir. Even 95-99 ML, E Klasse, 5 series etc had same issues due to lower levels of technological advancement in headlight technology.

No one tells you that carrying three adults at the back ruins the back suspension with the krokrokro sound.
most McPherson suspensions have a service life span of 5-7years or 50-70k miles from brand new, most of these cars are around 300k miles and we're mostly fleet or taxi cabs in US and other countries where they were bought brand new and most probably had never had a shock absorber replacement before or very poor quality parts or almost dead tokumbo shocks installed and you expect them to serve? Haba!

No one tells you that it has an exhaust that is always hitting the ground....
Refer to poor quality terrain and poor quality or worn out suspension as the cause of that.

If you can live with the uninspiring interior.... can you live with others

8 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2020
butt hurts truth is bitter
Re: Debunking Car Myths by 9icetoo(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=kingreign post=95313974][/quote]
Apt. I don't know what the guy has against toyota.
Nawao. A lot more will be sold today while he is frothing.
Does he really think owners are willing to invest 150k to buy new shocks on a car that costs 450k?
As if there aren't c180s and c230s with creaking suspensions littered all over Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2020
9icetoo:

Apt. I don't know what the guy has against toyota.
Nawao. A lot more will be sold today while he is frothing.
Does he really think owners are willing to invest 150k to buy new shocks on a car that costs 450k?
As if there aren't c180s and c230s with creaking suspensions littered all over Nigeria.

Creaking is different from krokrokro sound...that distracts you from concentration in driving.... I'm not speaking but typing...use proper adjectives... kpele epilepsy go heal o

9 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=kingreign post=95313974][/quote]

All motion and no movement....adhominen.... Focus!
Re: Debunking Car Myths by 9icetoo(m): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
weyreypey:

Creaking is different from krokrokro sound...that distracts you from concentration in driving.... I'm not speaking but typing...use proper adjectives... kpele epilepsy go heal o
And krokrokro is an adjective for a sound? Wow. Ndi akwukwo aputa. Jee gwoo idi mgbaka n'aya gi nna. Oburo mu melu gi. Ka o di.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by peeps4u: 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: All Honda cars pull legs..

False!

Fact: Honda Civic cars don't pull legs.

What about crv?
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Mokelu: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
kingreign:

Acura has the defective dashboard issue,
Infiniti has it,
Range Rover has it,
Suzuki has it,
Hyundai has it.

Why not talk about those, you guys focus your beams on toyota/lexus only.

Lol.

By the way, I'm an Infiniti fan

That's a new one
Re: Debunking Car Myths by dadabashua1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
That reminds me of the one I once heard, "you can be on 150km/h and the accord legs will just pullout,the accond doesn't give a sign AT ALL before the leg pull"..... Kaiiii that day I gave up on the level of brainwashing the kazeems has brainwashed Nigerians.SMH

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
dadabashua1:
That reminds me of the one I once heard, "you can be on 150km/h and the accord legs will just pullout,the accond doesn't give a sign AT ALL before the leg pull"..... Kaiiii that day I gave up on the level of brainwashing the kazeems has brainwashed Nigerians.SMH
That's a myth.

Fact Honda accord don't pull legs on motion

24 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Kingdemu: 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
weyreypey:
That's a myth.
Fact Honda accord don't pull legs on motion
It does on slow speed.

15 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kingdemu:
It does on slow speed.
Yes... when you have slowed down...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: buy a Toyota Corolla and rest easy

False!

Fact: once a Toyota Corolla is acquired you lose your rest easy... If you are not staying in a gated house... If you go out for a function... You'll notice Toyota Corolla owners pacing occasionally to check their cars....lest they become geographers like my brother up there.... "Na here I park am like this....see the key o"...

This is unlike so many other brands.... Fuel efficiency will not have any meaning once the car is stolen.... God forbid. Solutions... Local pedal locks...but thieves most of the time only loot Corolla cars... And the gbege begins...to get the correct ECU na wahala unlike other sensible cars... Well take the risk if you must but ensure you are staying in a gated house...insure the car... whatever that means in Nigeria

46 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2020
weyreypey:

Yes... when you have slowed down...
if honda accord pulls when on top speed i dont think people wud buy it anymore,but e still full road.

11 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
We move
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: VW Audi are the largest carmakers in the world...

Fact: they also have some of the craziest engine designs worldwide... The VW SUV whose timing is between the engine and transmission.... Or Audi with the thermostat below the intake manifold... entailing the removal of the serpentine belt, alternator and intake manifold just to replace the coolant thermostat

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth you're always safe in a Mercedes Benz .

Fact: Princess Diana died in a Mercedes Benz Sonderklasse .

30 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
kingreign:
Myth A Mercedes never flip over.

Fact: Princess Diana's Sonderklasse flipped over.

That car was declared unsafe and abandoned before that ill-fated trip. I'm sure you're fully aware

But the first edition of the A klasse failed the moose test

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
weyreypey:

That car was declared unsafe and abandoned before that ill-fated trip. I'm sure you're fully aware

But the first edition of the A klasse failed the moose test
Myth, A Mercedes Benz is the most luxurious car.

Fact, Mercedes Benz produces economic cars too such as the A class, B class, CLA class.

A Rolls-Royce and a Bentley is more luxurious than a Mercedes Benz.

8 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Eldemmi(m): 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
this thread can be an insightful one but the way wereyprey respond to people is somehow atimes ...
we can learn in different forms no one know all.. All look good diverse when opinions are accommodated..

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: Mercedes Benz produces the fastest cars

BMW, AUDI, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Mclaren.... Hold our beers!!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
kingreign:

Myth, A Mercedes Benz is the most luxurious car.

Fact, Mercedes Benz produces economic cars too such as the A class, B class, CLA class.

A Rolls-Royce and a Bentley is more luxurious than a Mercedes Benz.

Mercedes Benz also manufactures the super luxurious Maybachs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: Mercedes Benz produces some of the most complex cars.

Toyota & Lexus Hybrid vehicles looking at them with ancestral side eyes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kingreign(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
weyreypey:

Mercedes Benz also manufactures the super luxurious Maybachs.
E no reach anywhere near Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce only competes with luxury yachts and luxury business jets.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
kingreign:

E no reach anywhere near Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce only competes with luxury yachts and luxury business jets.
You're very correct.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: Hyundai vehicles are fuel and cost efficient.

False.

Fact: heavens help you if your Hyundai vehicles develop transmission or engine issues.... Sorry will be your middle name. Devil at work

11 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
weyreypey:
Toyota parts are cheaper than Benz parts... On the same class of vehicles...False!
This is news
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ishilove: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: VW Audi are the largest carmakers in the world...

Fact: they also have some of the craziest engine designs worldwide... The VW SUV whose timing is between the engine and transmission.... Or Audi with the thermostat below the intake manifold... entailing the removal of the serpentine belt, alternator and intake manifold just to replace the coolant thermostat
The bolded read like this:

Hsyhebnwubebdklaowhebensmwyvfvejwlwoxndneuahnsmdidnemmnrjbemwudy jekw7cbdndkdydbdmj cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Myth: The 1999-2002 W210 E klasse... wonderful concept. Departure from Bruno Sacco square designs....

Not entirely
Fact: The subscription pricing was exclusive. Some models plaqued with rust... and some with the harmonic balancer defects... However bulletproof transmission, engine and simple AC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.