Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Debunking Car Myths - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Debunking Car Myths (35549 Views)

Are Nitrogen-filled Tires Better For Your Car? Debunking The Myth / Fixing Car Yourself Will Void The Car Warranty? - 12 Car Myths Debunked / Myths Or Facts: Are Car Fires Work Of The Village People Or Just Carelessness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking Car Myths by FEGNO: 5:28am On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=weyreypey post=95238020]
Not all.... Even at that the dashboard melts all the way with carcinogenic odours....and the reflection of the dashboard meltings is capable of blinding the driver and has led to several accidents.... So much for reliability[/quote

Camry engines of 2010 were corrected for engine oil burn

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2020
bilulu:

I'm still yet to see any Honda car pull leg here in Canada.... I believe lack of maintenance is responsible for that.

No. Design coupled with environmental conditions plus access to original parts

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=FEGNO post=95379359][/quote]
Yes. Thanks
Re: Debunking Car Myths by okoroemeka(m): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: The landrover Freelander....is a reliable off-roader.... False!!

Fact: The Land Rover Freelander was released
onto the market with over 132 serious faults, all
of which were known to management as the vehicles rolled out the door.

You’d think that the people who produced this car
would be in prison. But that’s not how it works in
the motor industry.

In fact Rover 1.8 and 2.5 V6 petrol engines were
designed by Satan and assembled by monkeys.
Many Freelander owners needed new petrol en-
gines from as little as 10,000km from new. Few
engines made it to 50,000km; almost none made
it to 70,000km.
this is what separates the men from the boys,my 05 Acura rl is coming closer to a million kilometers still on original V6 engine and transmission ,no oil burning or strange noises from the transmission,to say that freelander engines pack up at 10,000km is sacrilege,even Honda motorcycle and scooter engines at 10,000km they are just getting warmed up.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 5:33am On Oct 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
this is what separates the men from the boys,my 05 Acura rl is coming closer to a million kilometers still on original V6 engine and transmission ,no oil burning or strange noises from the transmission,to say that freelander engines pack up at 10,000km is sacrilege,even Honda motorcycle and scooter engines at 10,000km they are just getting warmed up.
Mercedes Benz is just getting into the break-in period at 10,000 km (exaggeration)
Re: Debunking Car Myths by BIGGESThead6: 5:35am On Oct 27, 2020
wonder233:
Leave our Toyota for us

Poor Man. grin

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by FEGNO: 5:41am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth Camry pencillight is the next best thing you can buy with your money as a daily driver

False!

Fact: no one tells you that owning it predisposes you to serious accidents due to factory defects on the headlights like vespa light.

No one tells you that carrying three adults at the back ruins the back suspension with the krokrokro sound.

No one tells you that it has an exhaust that is always hitting the ground....

If you can live with the uninspiring interior.... can you live with others

My brother do not let your bias becloud your judgment. You are talking about a car so damn reliable that someone like me sold my first. Realised my mistake and went ahead to buy same as a replacement. There is no car that does not have faults. They are after all machines. But this particular car keeps you moving with little or no visit to a mechanic
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 5:45am On Oct 27, 2020
FEGNO:

My brother do not let your bias becloud your judgment. You are talking about a car so damn reliable that someone like me sold my first. Realised my mistake and went ahead to buy same as a replacement. There is no car that does not have faults. They are after all machines. But this particular car keeps you moving with little or no visit to a mechanic

This car was so good I bought two... hope you can spot the difference

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by kodeya(m): 5:56am On Oct 27, 2020
Pls what factory defect makes the Totota Corolla so easy to steal ?

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by moscobabs(m): 6:17am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: thermostat causes overheating.... And fans should be running at all times

Fact: all engine thermostats are designed to keep the engines at a specific temperature which from Billions of dollars spent on research specified. The cooling fans are also designed to run at specific times not at all times

This system also influences the fuel economy of the car in question.

This is not for Nissan Quest that comes with single radiator sir
Re: Debunking Car Myths by dukeo(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2020
promotervickky:
The Car is very good, no need to run a ViNcheck grin

A Car is a Liability, I rather stick with Uber or Taxify

Uber is good when there is Uber
Re: Debunking Car Myths by femi4: 6:29am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: All Honda cars pull legs..

False!

Fact: Honda Civic cars don't pull legs.
How many people dey drive civic

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Peppermintflav: 6:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Philadelphia:

I know you will believe that 1 KG of block is heavier than 1 KG of feather.

You know absolutely nothing about SI unit of measurement.
I believe u bro. We are on the same page. But just like wrist watches are supposed to tell same time, some are faster over time. That's what I mean by calibration. All speedometer clocks are not manufactured by one person. Even if they were, there's still small room for error.
Secondly bring 2 identical cars, fit one with bigger tyres, one will be faster if both speedometers are reading 100km.

Modified:
A speedometer reads the amount of revolutions your tires are making, not how far you are traveling. Therefore you are actually traveling faster than your speedometer says when you have larger tires than stock, and slower than you're speedometer says if you have smaller tires.

5 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by miketayo(m): 6:30am On Oct 27, 2020
kingreign:
Myth: Mercedes Benz produces the fastest cars

BMW, AUDI, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Mclaren.... Hold our beers!!!!

Benz is faster than bmw or audi of the same class, mclaren uses benz engine,
The rest I agree but won't be easy.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by fait10(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2020
DemonInvoker:

No para put naw,na play I play come ohhgrin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool kiss kiss kiss
Re: Debunking Car Myths by olumzzz(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2020
Nazgul:

How about 2011?
2007 to 2011 is the generation.
However, you can always convert the dashboard to leather.
It'll not only beautify it but also prevent the harsh melting.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2020
mdchikezie:

most honda cars pull legs, there is never a doubt about that.
its common with accord babyboy and EOD which one be most there.do you think people would still buy it if most of their brand pull legs.do your research

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Cupidkc(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: All Honda cars pull legs..

False!

Fact: Honda Civic cars don't pull legs.

But there are less civic on the road, any reasons for that please??
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Whitecoal711: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:

That's a fact Sir, very true and unbiased analysis, I have both accord and Camry, I think most kazeems has poised Nigerians mind that Honda is a bad car brand.....a big fat lie from the pit of hell,most car site even rate some Honda brands above the Toyota brands... And sorry to say I've also observed of late that is mostly southerners that rate Honda bad,not other parts of Nigeria..and yes even accords NO longer pull legs from 2008 till date...well I'm yet to see any,but if anyone has seen it on Nigerian road pls send me the pics...well said Sir once more.kudos
peace bro
you can make your point without tribalism
I ask how did you come with the stat
one love
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2020
moscobabs:

This is not for Nissan Quest that comes with single radiator sir
Change radiator to double cell, do a transmission bypass
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ishilove: 7:29am On Oct 27, 2020
revolt:
if you run into a wall with a car you will smash the bonnet. Ig you drive like an ediot and jump every gallop you'd naturally break your bow joints. Get the drift ?!!
I dig. Unfortunately Lagos roads are terrible so it will be an uphill task avoiding gallops and potholes.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ishilove: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2020
revolt:
if you run into a wall with a car you will smash the bonnet. Ig you drive like an ediot and jump every gallop you'd naturally break your bow joints. Get the drift ?!!
I dig. Unfortunately Lagos roads are terrible so it will be an uphill task avoiding gallops and potholes.

Other brands of vehicles pass through the same potholes, so why don't they pull leg like Honda?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by dadabashua1(m): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2020
Whitecoal711:

peace bro
one love
hahahahaha....brother I'm from the south also o,but based in the north, so tribalism is not even on the board here,back to my point,I noticed a lot a lot of Hondas up north,in very very good conditions and working perfectly smooth,I even saw 1975 accord running good sometimes ago,it was shocking but true,when I had a convo with some car gurus here,I get to understand that one of the reasons Southerners don't like Honda is mostly due to their bad roads and secondly most of their kazeems seem not to fancy fixing it,but trust me guys here are very very good in fixing cars,not just Honda, even other cars,and true you find even vintage cars on a daily basis working perfectly,both on and offline 3 in every 5 person condemning the Honda brand is from the south,so its obvious they have special dislike for the brand, when compared to Toyota, Benz and Lexus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2020
olumzzz:

Still melts and leather will not prevent the noxious gas odours released from the melting dashboards
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2020
Ishilove:

Other brands of vehicles pass through the same potholes, so why don't they pull leg like Honda?

Good question

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
its common with accord babyboy and EOD which one be most there.do you think people would still buy it if most of their brand pull legs.do your research
And DC anaconda or evil spirit, CRV pilot odyssey name it... only civic is immune
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Nazgul: 7:39am On Oct 27, 2020
olumzzz:

Ok
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ameachi101: 7:42am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

Why bother when you can opt for others without factory defects
Others like?
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2020
Ameachi101:

Others like?
Do your research sir, based on your tastes, needs and status
Re: Debunking Car Myths by dadabashua1(m): 7:47am On Oct 27, 2020
Whitecoal711:

peace bro
one love
met someone that said his not going to buy Honda car,was thinking his excuse will be the usual leg pull,but to my greatest surprised he told me that leg pull is not even the reason,when I enquired for the reason,Oga said na Hausa car....I weak,lol.

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2020
Ishilove:

The bolded read like this:

Hsyhebnwubebdklaowhebensmwyvfvejwlwoxndneuahnsmdidnemmnrjbemwudy jekw7cbdndkdydbdmj cheesy
That's what mechanics see
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2020
olumzzz:

False.
I use a 2008 elantra. The engine and transmission are far cheaper than a Toyota or Honda or same year.
Don't be a liar. Unless you're driving the 2.0 engine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.