Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Debunking Car Myths - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Debunking Car Myths (35560 Views)

Are Nitrogen-filled Tires Better For Your Car? Debunking The Myth / Fixing Car Yourself Will Void The Car Warranty? - 12 Car Myths Debunked / Myths Or Facts: Are Car Fires Work Of The Village People Or Just Carelessness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:
met someone that said his not going to buy Honda car,was thinking his excuse will be the usual leg pull,but to my greatest surprised he told me that leg pull is not even the reason,when I enquired for the reason,Oga said na Hausa car....I weak,lol.
Good morning cityhood dada autos aka newride

Cc
Gazzuzz kingreign nurey

dadabashua1:
hahahahaha....brother I'm from the south also o,but based in the north, so tribalism is not even on the board here,back to my point,I noticed a lot a lot of Hondas up north,in very very good conditions and working perfectly smooth,I even saw 1975 accord running good sometimes ago,it was shocking but true,when I had a convo with some car gurus here,I get to understand that one of the reasons Southerners don't like Honda is mostly due to their bad roads and secondly most of their kazeems seem not to fancy fixing it,but trust me guys here are very very good in fixing cars,not just Honda, even other cars,and true you find even vintage cars on a daily basis working perfectly,both on and offline 3 in every 5 person condemning the Honda brand is from the south,so its obvious they have special dislike for the brand, when compared to Toyota, Benz and Lexus.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ishilove: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

That's what mechanics see
Lol. Our ubiquitous Kazeems will beg to differ
Re: Debunking Car Myths by dadabashua1(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

And DC anaconda or evil spirit, CRV pilot odyssey name it... only civic is immune
wow,I'm yet to see 2008 accord till date with a leg pull,not saying its not possible o,but I'm yet to see one in all my johnny walker around the country, pls send me pics of one when you have it.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by ivandragon: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2020
Peppermintflav:

I believe u bro. We are on the same page. But just like wrist watches are supposed to tell same time, some are faster over time. That's what I mean by calibration. All speedometer clocks are not manufactured by one person. Even if they were, there's still small room for error.
Secondly bring 2 identical cars, fit one with bigger tyres, one will be faster if both speedometers are reading 100km.

Modified:
A speedometer reads the amount of revolutions your tires are making, not how far you are traveling. Therefore you are actually traveling faster than your speedometer says when you have larger tires than stock, and slower than you're speedometer says if you have smaller tires.

Your analysis is better suited to acceleration where one object in motion is able to gain speed faster than another object in motion.

However, once both objects reach the same speed, then neither one can be faster than the other & whatever distance that existed between them before they reached that constant speed will also remain constant.

In essence, if a car is moving at 100km/ph & a man is somehow able to run at the same 100km/ph, the speed remains the same regardless of any other factors.

7 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by moscobabs(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

Change radiator to double cell, do a transmission bypass

I don't understand the "Transmission bypass" pls
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2020
moscobabs:

I don't understand the "Transmission bypass" pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybg611Redgk
Re: Debunking Car Myths by olumzzz(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

Don't be a liar. Unless you're driving the 2.0 engine
Yes, i use the 2.0 US spec.
And this proves your theory wrong.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by weyreypey: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2020
olumzzz:

Yes, i use the 2.0 US spec.
And this proves your theory wrong.
That's the only exception as I stated. So you're not a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by setobaba: 8:38am On Oct 27, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

Poor Man. grin

Poor mind

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by NobleEngineer(m): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2020
Peugeot won use style escape this thread
Re: Debunking Car Myths by PaulH07: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:

And DC anaconda or evil spirit, CRV pilot odyssey name it... only civic is immune

You mean any year model of the Civic is immune? Me I don see some Civic wey dey pull leg oh!
Re: Debunking Car Myths by emmaak2(m): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2020
NobleEngineer:
Peugeot won use style escape this thread

Mba it cant
make we tag ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by promotervickky(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2020
I am really enjoying this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ekakamba: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2020
Myth: Peugeot!

Fact: Peugeot!

emmaak2:

Mba it cant
make we tag ikenna

Be calming up. grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ekakamba: 8:54am On Oct 27, 2020
femi4:
How many people dey drive civic

Where precisely?
Re: Debunking Car Myths by JeffreyJames(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2020
If Nigerians dey follow all these okoto meow una dey yarn for here, nobody for buy motor. Mchew

Won't be surprised if some of you here done even have a car.

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by obiekunie2: 9:05am On Oct 27, 2020
weyreypey:
Myth: buy a Toyota Corolla and rest easy

False!

Fact: once a Toyota Corolla is acquired you lose your rest easy... If you are not staying in a gated house... If you go out for a function... You'll notice Toyota Corolla owners pacing occasionally to check their cars....lest they become geographers like my brother up there.... "Na here I park am like this....see the key o"...

This is unlike so many other brands.... Fuel efficiency will not have any meaning once the car is stolen.... God forbid. Solutions... Local pedal locks...but thieves most of the time only loot Corolla cars... And the gbege begins...to get the correct ECU na wahala unlike other sensible cars... Well take the risk if you must but ensure you are staying in a gated house...insure the car... whatever that means in Nigeria

oh ma gad!

this guy don make me dey laff like craze man here ooo!

especially on the bold! i can relate! grin

Chai! Every Nigerian is a born comedian! Nigerians fit kill you with their mouth! if you no bekarefulu! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Whitecoal711: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:
met someone that said his not going to buy Honda car,was thinking his excuse will be the usual leg pull,but to my greatest surprised he told me that leg pull is not even the reason,when I enquired for the reason,Oga said na Hausa car....I weak,lol.
lol
worth laughing at
at this critical please time we need oneness
Probably got the info from one else and it spreading, I am a mechanic,for machines to last long, it all boils down to maintenance especially lubrication,to prevent wear and tear from frictions,and if you going for a repair,check the brand and model the mechanic is specialize inlove bro

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by Whitecoal711: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:
lol
worth laughing at
at this critical please time we need oneness
Probably got the info from some one else and it spreading, I am a mechanic,for machines to last long, it all boils down to maintenance especially lubrication,to prevent wear and tear from frictions,and if you going for a repair,check the brand and model the mechanic is specialize in love bro
Re: Debunking Car Myths by Ekakamba: 9:31am On Oct 27, 2020
JeffreyJames:
If Nigerians dey follow all these okoto meow una dey yarn for here, nobody for buy motor. Mchew

Won't be surprised if some of you here done even have a car.

Walahi

Re: Debunking Car Myths by professore(m): 9:32am On Oct 27, 2020
What do you say about RAV4 2008
Re: Debunking Car Myths by femi4: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2020
revolt:
if you run into a wall with a car you will smash the bonnet. Ig you drive like an ediot and jump every gallop you'd naturally break your bow joints. Get the drift ?!!
Nonsense. Where are the good roads?

Those having ball joint issue with Honda have suddenly become bad drivers
Re: Debunking Car Myths by mdchikezie(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2020
Aaaaarghmed:
its common with accord babyboy and EOD which one be most there.do you think people would still buy it if most of their brand pull legs.do your research

but people still buy the very babyboy and eod as you said,
people still buy some mercedes despite their fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by obiekunie2: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:

That's a fact Sir, very true and unbiased analysis, I have both accord and Camry, I think most kazeems has poised Nigerians mind that Honda is a bad car brand.....a big fat lie from the pit of hell,most car site even rate some Honda brands above the Toyota brands... And sorry to say I've also observed of late that is mostly southerners that rate Honda bad,not other parts of Nigeria..and yes even accords NO longer pull legs from 2008 till date...well I'm yet to see any,but if anyone has seen it on Nigerian road pls send me the pics...well said Sir once more.kudos

i own both honda 2007 DC and a toyota camry 2007 xle and in all fairness and to the best of my experience, THAT HONDA IS WAY WAY BETTER AND SWEETER THAN THE XLE both in driving and whatever. i use the honda more than the camry but i visit the mechanic for the toyota more than the honda.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BAD TAG ON HONDA. AND THE PARTS ARE WAY Cheaper than the xle.

the engine of the XLE is almost 370k while that of the honda is just 220k or even less!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking Car Myths by chival(f): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2020
Philadelphia:

You clearly don’t know what a brand or a model is. If you did, you won’t speak in general terms.
Your condescending tone is insulting. Given what I do for a living, I could school you on brands and branding. I am not in the mood for an altercation though, so I'll just wish you a good day instead.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by IceColdVeins(m): 10:14am On Oct 27, 2020
Sir,

I still don't understand why corolla catches dem thieves' fancies.
Do you mind giving insights?
weyreypey:
Myth: buy a Toyota Corolla and rest easy

False!

Fact: once a Toyota Corolla is acquired you lose your rest easy... If you are not staying in a gated house... If you go out for a function... You'll notice Toyota Corolla owners pacing occasionally to check their cars....lest they become geographers like my brother up there.... "Na here I park am like this....see the key o"...

This is unlike so many other brands.... Fuel efficiency will not have any meaning once the car is stolen.... God forbid. Solutions... Local pedal locks...but thieves most of the time only loot Corolla cars... And the gbege begins...to get the correct ECU na wahala unlike other sensible cars... Well take the risk if you must but ensure you are staying in a gated house...insure the car... whatever that means in Nigeria
Re: Debunking Car Myths by obiekunie2: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2020
Ishilove:

So which models of Hondas disgrace car owners on the road? All those embarrassing leg pulls I've being seeing so far are Honda vehicles.

lack of maintenance.

it gives you sign that your bow joint is weak by making a creaking sound eac time u enter a gallop or pothole - but many will chose to manage it till it pulls.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by obiekunie2: 10:24am On Oct 27, 2020
dadabashua1:

that guy is still thinking 1990s

now hausas drive more mercedes and toyota than honda.

they are also into peugeot.

1 Like

Re: Debunking Car Myths by justiniyke29: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2020
arduino:

Whoever came up with that Yaris specifications should be awarded Best Automotive Engineer of the Century. Strong engineer, Most fuel efficient Toyota car, take all manner of abuses from Nigerian Driver, Kazeem resistant and hardly sleeps in Mechanic garages.
its a nice car my sister own's one. I just dont like how boring it is and it isnt quiet.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by dadabashua1(m): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2020
obiekunie2:

that guy is still thinking 1990s

now hausas drive more mercedes and toyota than honda.

they are also into peugeot.
I believe you,Peugeot plenty like sand,and same with Toyota and Benz.
Re: Debunking Car Myths by NobleEngineer(m): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2020
emmaak2:

Mba it cant
make we tag ikenna
I'm surprised it didn't make front page grin
Re: Debunking Car Myths by 9icetoo(m): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2020
kingreign:
Myth: Mercedes Benz produces the fastest cars

BMW, AUDI, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Mclaren.... Hold our beers!!!!
I love this one. Hold our beers!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.