Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62745 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by cooooooks(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
True talk.

I said something similar a few hours ago.

We are many in the world and obviously, our views will differ. So people should respect each other's opinions.

angelfallz:

Well that is the way you see marriage which is fine. That is why i have always advocated that men should go after women that have the same views about marriage as they have.

I see marriage differently. I have talked about this many times and i am not going to talk about it right now.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by chineduuf: 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2020
It saddens me whenever I travel back to Nigeria to see my parents and see ladies in churches praying for husbands. Really? Come to the UK and see career women. An average 25 year old lady in Nigeria is already desperate to get married to just anybody that come their way. No spec, no taste. Just anybody!

Please don't get me wrong, I have seen Nigerian ladies who burst their ass out to be at the top of their career, but how many? Too little that the number is negligible.

All these ladies here lamenting, it is better to pick correction right here. You wonder why you are still not married? Men don wise o. Nobody wants a liability, not just to themselves but also their children.

Before I got married, one question that I always asked myself when I start dating a lady is "What will happen to my wealth when I die?", "Can my wife manage it till my kids grow old enough to take over?".

Again, don't get me wrong, I give my wife the best I can, but at least she takes care of some of her daily needs.

Ladies, get a job or get a business! Wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
cooooooks:
Chii59 said the same thing on the first page.

I personally know people who are getting married even if they are not making 120,000 a month together.

Women who marry and give birth are looking for, and finding, work.

Go to any school now and you will see a long list of application letters by women, single and married, with or without children.

On point, boss.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
It's simply because of hard times, some men are really finding it hard to pick up,i wish God can just bless everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Men please marry early as soon as you can,marriage brings forth double blessings, take this to the bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by virginprincess(f): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
angelfallz:

sure go ahead
Pls how do i create a tread, because i want to create one concerning this very issue.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Anayxz(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
As a young married man, I advised that u go for working class lady if you want to settle down, no mind all this small gals here wey no fit fix der hair with their own Money saying that women contributing to the family is by choice my brother if you marry liability na looted palliative warehouse go get hope pass u. ka m bia

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
humilitypays:
You are talking about very few insignificant number of Nigerian men; the few successful men who can afford to have a babymama grin

I am talking about majority.

The number 1 reason majority of Nigerian men marry late is lack of money resulting from bad Nigerian economy as a result of years of foolish governance by old corrupt fools who have looted away the future of Nigeria.

Nigeria need a revolution that will shock the world. A revolution that will lead to a nationwide attack on all past and present political office holders. That is the only way to put Nigeria on track and put fear in the hearts of next generation leaders and politicians to lead well

But when I first quoted you, it’s because you wrote that more single men are losing interest in marriage everyday all over the world not just in Nigeria because previous marriages benefited only the women. And now you’re saying they want to get married. Which do I believe?

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by humilitypays(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

But when I first quoted you, it’s because you wrote that more single men are losing interest in marriage everyday all over the world not just in Nigeria because previous marriages benefited only the women. And now you’re saying they want to get married. Which do I believe?
yes more men are losing interest in marriage not because they are getting free sex without being married, but because how marriage is arranged/structured, it favors women more, which makes it more and more unappealing to men of today, and for those who still desire to marry, lack of money makes it difficult for them, and when they consider how they will be struggling to make money to satisfy a woman called wife who hardly contribute to make things easier for him, they get even more discouraged

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by angelfallz(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Pls how do i create a tread, because i want to create one concerning this very issue.

That is simple
Just go to the front page
Tap on the appropriate category, like; career, romance, family
Once you are in the category, just look for create new topic and tap it.
Make sure you observe the rules
Type in the subject
Then type in what you have to say

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by virginprincess(f): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
angelfallz:

That is simple Just go to the front page Tap on the appropriate category, like; career, romance, family Once you are in the category, just look for create new topic and tap it. Make sure you observe the rules Type in the subject Then type in what you have to say
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by denjjy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2020
elonize:
don't b dejected..nobi ur fault, mehn I don even analyze am.in my own case,it won't b possible but 1tin is for sure,I don start another way,which I believe say I fit dey use am see light.try Google n find out how u fit hammer with cryto currencies gather d money, try osusu,u fit use am do forex...reason in dis line...n pray to God o
I will be glad if you can put me through and enlighten me more about the aforementioned crypto trading
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by UncleJJ(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Men not marrying because women are broke? Nah! I don’t think that applies to most of those men. The unemployed women even marry faster

Dude... I asked myself this question so many times.
But, the commenters are little men of little means. So when they say a working-class woman. I do not think they speak of single women (actively looking for husbands) working in Shell, NLNG, GTB e.t.c in good positions earning 1 quarters of a million and change every month. No!

Most men I have found who insist "my wife must have a job"; actually mean my wife must earn money however, it should be less than I do.

I prefer and respect a hands-on wife. The children and family gain more from having a mum who is available most of the time. I think they are called "Super Moms". It's just that Nigerian men don't appreciate a good woman. And, they don't even want much .. just attention.

Funny!

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gerrard59(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
humilitypays:
This is what I have been telling them and nobody want to agree.

The major reason Nigerian guys marry late is lack of money resulting from bad economy of Nigeria.

Many single guys are unemployed, underemployed and earning peanuts, how can they desire to get married with such miserable condition

Guys of our time have woken up, nobody except some careless ones want to bring an innocent child into this world without financial preparation to cater for the child.

And the ladies that have good job aren't helping the situation as they refuse to marry the struggling young men and team up with them to build a healthy home, all the ladies both the rich, the middle class, the broke and the wretched want a ready made guy with all the good things of life, which is why successful young men have too many girlfriends and fiancees to themselves today grin

Women are hypergamous, nothing wrong with their decisions. If that set of women (those with well paying jobs) get married to struggling men, we'd have more posts of men complaining of their wives who cheat, keep late nights, don't listen to their commands etc. Money brings forth assertiveness while most men have egos. Should women who have more money marry struggling men, anything they see, they should take it like that.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Oloshotoclassy: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Not everyone cares nowadays.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

Mumu, this one has changed from men dying before their time to Shiloh. Nairaland and trashy men. You think it’s everyone that’s broke and single like you. Shioor
Lol.... sorry I can never be broke in my life,u still daft to understand wen I meant Shiloh grin grin people like you spend years and years going to Shiloh looking for husband after being unreasonable at the stage u were suppose to settle down grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Lol.... sorry I can never be broke in my life,u still daft to understand wen I meant Shiloh grin grin people like you spend years and years going to Shiloh looking for husband after being unreasonable at the stage u were suppose to settle down grin grin

Lol, I’m sure it was you I saw on TV with sack clothes rolling on the floor and praying like a mad man for wife and money. What a sad life! At least women only go there for husband.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Chessg(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
Choi! Aspiring housewife spotted. Nne no go develop yourself and your mentality; be there looking for a man that will spend what your daddy can't spend on you. This is 21st Century o! Women are now becoming powerful and you're here wallowing in outdated lifestlye. Your type will press your man with iron...
I feel am (so touching)
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Edge1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Chii59:

Quote where I specifically wrote "all".
I refuse to exchange words with a child on this forum.

Take a break, simp.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by komodapson(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
elonize:
my dear,I told my mum dat I won't marry a liability, if she no get work she go get handwork.
My mum just say who tell u say na by dat 1,sm fit get handwork n nor still contribute to d family. My eyes cm dey shine.last last,I resigned to leaving it in God's hands

Your mum, she's %100 spot on. Quite a few of modern day Nigerian Ladies lack the requisite knowledge for Marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

Lol, I’m sure it was you I saw on TV with sack clothes rolling on the floor and praying like a mad man for wife and money. What a sad life! At least women only go there for husband.
Well I will just laff cz u never can tell who u chatting with. grin and even if I will do that is to praise God not for a wife cz I don't lack quality relationship if I want
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Well I will just laff cz u never can tell who u chatting with. grin and even if I will do that is to praise God not for a wife cz I don't lack quality relationship if I want

Why are you still on about who I’m “exchanging words” with? Isn’t it obvious I don’t bloody care?
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zanshi: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
You sound like a future single mom dear...I can perceive it.

I am a guy.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by UrVillagePpl: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
Seriously.
Are you that dumb or you're just being silly?
Do ladies still have such mentality?
This is the 21st century.
Better hustle and stop leeching around

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Cj4charles(m): 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Niggas in Paris are wise now##
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Raalsalghul: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
Chii59:

Awww. You're a strong woman.

She's not strong, she's foolish.

How can you explain having two kids for a man who's not married to you?

Women: will always support theirselves even for the wrong things.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

Why are you still on about who I’m “exchanging words” with? Isn’t it obvious I don’t bloody care?
Cz the mentality u have and use tojudge people's financial state is so funny and absurd.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by shantti(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:

What you typed up there use to happen 2000 years ago not this 21 century
We already have independent girls now
I'm sure you come across them when you go out don't you envy them too.?
Just this morning I saw a girl driving a Benz E class
And here you are, aspiring to be a full house wife
When your husband money is gone you as a wife you're expected to support him now tell me how do you want to support him when you sit your ass at home all day
Doing nothing all in the name of house wife.
After sometimes without him dropping anything at home you will later frustrate his life
And from there problem will set in ...
Girls of nowadays I don't know maybe you think with your pusssy. Girls like you are just a piece of junk angry

oil dey ur head
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
Wait wait hold up, what in all nine hells is this bullshit you just spewed?
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by IamAngelica(f): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
I honestly can not believe that in this generation, girls with this backwards mentality like you still exist! Your fellow female peers are changing the world, breaking records, adding value to society and mankind and what is more important to you is becoming a housewife..who are raising these children? Who told you that your entire essence as a woman is tied to a man? Who told you that these men owe you something and all you have to do is sit around and let him work for you? Who taught you to be entitled and selfish and lazy? Y'all be claiming to be feminists fighting for equality when you don't see the man as an equal but you depend on him for survival and yet you give back nothing?

6 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by virginprincess(f): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
IamAngelica:
I honestly can not believe that in this generation, girls with this backwards mentality like you still exist! Your fellow female peers are changing the world, breaking records, adding value to society and mankind and what is more important to you is becoming a housewife..who are raising these children? Who told you that your entire essence as a woman is tied to a man? Who told you that these men owe you something and all you have to do is sit around and let him work for you? Who taught you to be entitled and selfish and lazy? Y'all be claiming to be feminists fighting for equality when you don't see the man as an equal but you depend on him for survival and yet you give back nothing?
You guys should learn to read and understand, i just created a tread concerning this same issue, maybe you should look for it and read before coming to attack me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

White Man Spotted In Benin Market Shopping For Nigerian Wife (Photos) / Lady Snatches Friends Boyfriend And Weds Him Secretly (Photos) / Pic: Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Murtala Muhammed Airport Dressed As Superman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.