Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62777 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Wittyglam(f): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
So many responsibilities comes with being a man and becoming a married man you can imagine the financial load.This topic has nothing to do with whether you're rich or poor.
Some men are scared of commitment, some men are financially not capable yet, you know the bride price, societal pressure on parties and the rest. I will stop here for now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by IamAngelica(f): 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
Most nigerian women are a joke to humanity..you want the whole world but you've got NOTHING to offer. In a marriage two people come together to become one, not just physically but in every sense of the word; this means his problem is your problem that the both of you should figure out together including financial issues.. These men are not asking for much; what they're searching for is a true companion not just in words but in action, someone they can rely on in times of need and trouble..so if you don't fit the description above and you're a flaky, entitled motherfucking lazy ass bitch waiting for the next best thing to come instead of working hard to make ends meet, then you're prolly gonna die single or worse end up in an unhappy marriage because no sane man wants a woman like that for a life partner..and if you come for me, you better be ready to face me..

11 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Happy2020: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nigerian women want to have it both ways. They want to keep their money and have his money too. It doesn’t work that way.
A marriage is a partnership, a team. You build together not put it all on the mans back.

Too many useless women around trying to sell pussy to get a leg up.

7 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by dickt(m): 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

A broke bitch spotted grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by mickelkingz(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
simp men plenty for this trend.. supporting this ho

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by shegzydave(m): 11:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
You are a typical dundi united, he camp you for house as full house wife, who tell you na only you he dey Bleep, who tell u say he no dey ball another babe, because he done open shop for you to tie you down you dey shout broke niggas
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by MightyHand(m): 2:38am On Nov 08, 2020
e][quote author=virginprincess post=95761512]All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.[/quot

Surprisedly , people still give out LIKES on brainless comment..

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 08, 2020
shantti:

oil dey ur head
Na palm oil dey your own head ode sad
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by samx4real(m): 3:58am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

You don't have sense...

Which person money them suppose to share?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Scavy: 5:34am On Nov 08, 2020
Probably for fear of losing their independence or because of a pattern they noticed in their own families while growing up.[/quote]

i can relate
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by IdJack(m): 5:53am On Nov 08, 2020
I had this widower friend. His wife died on a December, and I met him two months later, which was February of the new year. I became friends with him and in less than a month, he'd already started telling me to find him a wife. He was dead serious, no jokes.

He told me, he wanted a really fair woman, he was attracted to fair women.

He desperately wanted to marry again.

He was a wealthy young man. He was so wealthy that it amazed me. Then, I was always wondering how one person could own fleet of cars, lands, a house with a pool.

This was 2014.

So, I introduced my friend to him. My friend, being a very churchy Christian girl never liked him. She told me her spirit despised him, and I was confused, because this was a man who had all what some women wanted.

My friend called me one day, and told me that the guy was a bad person.

What kind of a bad person.

Ritualist.

I laughed.

How can you be this naive and local, is every rich guy a blood money maker? Haba.

You know how you look at someone and wonder if she is alright.

This guy had money, he was fine. He can take you all around the world.

My friend said no. Her spirit disliked him.

So the guy kept begging. There was a time he even called me and asked the kind of car my friend loved, i told him. Guess what? He bought it.

My friend fell for it. They started dating. The car was given to her on her birthday.

Few weeks after her birthday, he engaged her.

Another few weeks, my friend got angry one evening and returned the car.

Why are you returning the car?

She said the guy is a bad guy. That she had a dream and saw him putting her head in a bag of money along with many other women.

I became afraid. We prayed about it. She met her pastor, he counseled her and even told her to go ahead, that dreams weren't genuine. That God was about to change her story and that of her family.

At this point, I didn't encourage my friend anymore, because, I personally saw something about this guy.

So, my friend insisted she wasn't marrying him. She went to a prophetic church and a prophet told her that she'd die a year after marriage, just like the other women.

Which other women?

Hmm!

Only for us to dig and dig, and then discover that he'd been married twice before.

My friend handed everything he gave to her, and moved!

We blocked him everywhere on Facebook. In no time, he was married again to someone else.

That someone else died last year.

He will be getting married again. And then again.

But when you take the man and woman who wants to marry to the feet of Jesus....

This is no fiction. This is a true life story.

Many times, i have adopted this life stories into my fiction series storytelling glamour, and I tell you, that I have learnt and seen things with my own eyes.

Always pray that the holy spirit guides you.

One step away from God, and you might make the craziest mistake of your life.

Don't leave your instincts.

They call it the spirit of discernment.

[Writer: Vicky Bon Edikan]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 21cents: 7:27am On Nov 08, 2020
Omezif:
I Totally disagree, i totally disagree, a lazy man would hear this and rejoice but a real and hardworking man like me would totally disagree.
shut the fuçk up nigga. only a senseless man will want a liability sitting at home doing nothing but feeding fat and opening legs for cum.

I am not in any way lazy. but she has to be doing something. she needs to have goals and money making traits also, so I can guarantee my kids surviving the world in case of financial crisis or unforseen circumstances of the supposed bread winner (the man's death). you better purge yourself of that silly mentality and get sense when choosing a partner.

little wonder why these ladies are getting dumped after few years of their relationships. they're not adding values or assistance to their man but they want to be taken care of doing nothing. the idiot babe wey I dey date now is just mumu. having the nerves to tell me she just wants to be a full housewife. she never know say I don dey prepare to dump her after 2years. after giving her the ditching speech, I'd advise her to keep searching for someone that wouldn't mind taking a lazy liability as a wife.

Man/husband-(soldier, banker, doctor, businessman etc)

lady/wife- (fine face, ass, poor academic achievements, no job, lazy and no money making traits)
is this how I want to live my life with a leech?? nahhh.

men you better get sense and realize that ass and boobs will tire you in relationships or 5 years in marriage. once she's outlived her usefulness of opening her legs you start seeing her as a burden and want something more than a pussy and a hole. don't say you weren't warned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by loswhite(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:
lol....."real men" the word women use to manipulate men.
A woman will be the vice president of US. A woman will be the head of WTO....I guess they have 2 heads

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Daydream252(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
or really grin shocked
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Joystark(f): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:

Can't believe you're female. I really hope you're not.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:

This is 2020, and a woman is the new VP of the USA. Every adult (male or female) must earn a living, and bring something to the table.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by frank950(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2020
virginprincess:

Eiya Oya goan marry those men naw
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by frank950(m): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Men these days are the ones who are liabilities in marriage, very lazy and entitled golddiggers.

You want a woman that will be breadwinner and share the bills but you cannot share cooking and cleaning house and taking care of children equally. No, you still expect women to be in charge of the household even while she is stressing herself to provide money.

Marrying men of these days has no benefit whatsoever, it's just losses after losses, fvcking liabilities.

if you later get married the joke is on you.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by alexisbaby: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2020
ZIINI:
Men don wise up
Na women marriage pay that's why their very desperate to get married
Was in a prayer one day and this lady next to me is praying so loud that I can hear her clearly.
Her prayer in youruba was O lord provide my own husband for me .
The pastor call off the prayer and I looked at her closely although she's not that old mere looking at her she can't be more than 27/30 if my age was the same with hers there ain't no way I'm gonna think of marriage. grin
And come to think of it marrying a girl in this era is a bad idea. A girl that already have 15 to 20 body count before marriage knowing this will I still want to marry her plus you're not a proustite and your puunani is public. Let's be sincere the only way a nigarrr can marry you is if he doesn't know all this .
One major problem is our country
A nigarrrr that is earning 35K and you're telling him to go and marry abeg shey you wan kill am nii
35k wey be say you no fit carry am go ball for quilox
And person wey him wan marry no get work.
Ladies if you're yet to get married don't think it's a generational curse or maybe you have husband issues
NO the better truth is men don wise up cool

All this likes you're giving me
How I wish I can multiply it by dollars and cash out306 x 383 = #137,880
How about the men that have the same body count if not more.

Oga, move forward with your aspersions against women.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by alexisbaby: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2020
frank950:

She will marry a man who will accept her financial contributions and also share in the household chores.

Chikena
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by alexisbaby: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2020
humilitypays:
are you telling me that you don't see how young men struggle to make money to the extent some go to babalawos for charm to make money in business and even to get promotions and contracts

In fact, guys of today are more desperate to make money more than men of the past.

Do you know my father used to pity me at a point in the past, watching how his smart, intelligent, brainy, hardworking son was struggling doing everything on earth to become a man, he said during their time things were not as difficult as it is today. They had opportunity to study on scholarship abroad. Getting scholarship to study abroad was very easy he said...getting married was stress free, you don't need much he said.

There were jobs for able bodied and qualified young men then.

If you put in little effort you achieve a lot. To join the army was easy, but today even as our army has become a suicide mission, many young men are struggling to join but cannot join all because they don't have top army officers to endorse them.

Life has become harder and more difficult for young men today than before. It is the economy hardship that's making most young men not to marry early today not because of free sex.

Do you think men marry because of sex Sex is one of the least reasons men marry.

Nigeria men marry mostly to have an heir and to bear children. Another reason is to have a homekeeper to keep their home organised and homely for them when they return from daily stress. Not because of sex. If it is for sex, my sister I can promise you, majority of men won't marry at all.
You are very right, the economy has more or less collapsed.

Young men are suffering in this useless contraption called Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by alexisbaby: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2020
Jkindness:

God punis...h you there...
Insulting this lady shows you lack intelligences.

What she just posted is the truth, don't insult her, counter her argument with superior argument.

There is the ideal but there is reality and it is unfortunately a man cannot in this day lord it over a woman because the economy has forced women to go out there and work and as a man if you cannot provide 100% for your family and your wife is now contributing 50% of the finance in the home, you have to adjust and adapt to the changes, it's called wisdom.

A woman will not go out work as hard as you if not harder to contribute financially to the home and you still want her to come home to do all the household chores that is wickedness.

The reality is that it's impossible, you will work her into exhaustion. She is not a mule.

Reality is all hands should be on deck both man and his wife work together to take care of their home where she is earning an income.

If you want a woman to take care of your home all by herself without you lifting a finger then Oga go and earn that millions all by yourself. Unfortunately the economy has denied you that luxury of being served like a master.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by alexisbaby: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Only a virgin will make me marry
If I may ask are you a virgin that you think you deserve one.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by frisky01(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2020
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by RedPhoenix: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2020
IamAngelica:
Most nigerian women are a joke to humanity..you want the whole world but you've got NOTHING to offer. In a marriage two people come together to become one, not just physically but in every sense of the word; this means his problem is your problem that the both of you should figure out together including financial issues.. These men are not asking for much; what they're searching for is a true companion not just in words but in action, someone they can rely on in times of need and trouble..so if you don't fit the description above and you're a flaky, entitled motherfucking lazy ass bitch waiting for the next best thing to come instead of working hard to make ends meet, then you're prolly gonna die single or worse end up in an unhappy marriage because no sane man wants a woman like that for a life partner..and if you come for me, you better be ready to face me..

Are you really female shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by RedPhoenix: 10:33am On Nov 08, 2020
frank950:

cheesy Scratch that. No homo
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
alexisbaby:
How about the men that have the same body count if not more.

Oga, move forward with your aspersions against women.
OK Sir angry
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Emarvel(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kog45:
Please who told you men are scare of marriage.

My man better brace up and face the challenges ahead.Marriage wey dem dey do every weekend.

The wise ones are getting marry every weekend and the foolish ones are the one lamenting.
Very funny and stupid comment, are you aware that divorce take place every week also?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by IamAngelica(f): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Are you really female shocked shocked shocked
LOL surprisingly I am
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by tightpussy156: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
I can see some leech sited. They just sit and say my money is mine why my husband money is our money. This is 21st century not 19th century. 95% of ladies are big liability that why you see problem in marriages. They don't believe in support. By the time your man's money get finished or lost his job as a woman you need to support big time. I have seen a woman whose husband lost is job an the woman has a big Depot which the husband open for her before he lost his job the stupid woman said she will not support him, before you know disrespect the man, treat him like trash an tell him to go huzzle that he don't expect to eat in the house because he is jobless the stupid woman really frustrated the man to the extent of thinking to commit suicide. It takes the grace of God to have a supportive woman. Who quote me hug transformer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by RedPhoenix: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
IamAngelica:
LOL surprisingly I am

Woow. My mouth can't close. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by doscar(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2020
Joystark:

Can't believe you're female. I really hope you're not.

She is but a female with a very very low IQ. She divorced intelligent while she was growing up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ladies, Which Number Are You? (photo) / Guys Derail Sexy Lady's Photos On Twitter With Football Talks / Bride Carries Groom On Her Laps, Bridesmaids Hold His Legs For Her To Kiss Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.