Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? (113236 Views)

Dear Men, Before You Give A Lady Your Money. / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past / Church Brother To A Lady: Your Picture Is 'Erotic For A Cool Sister' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Lexusgs430: 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours

Oga, you too sabi say....... Nah from clap, e go enta dance............ cheesy
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
rasxx:
About the same thing happened to me today.. I was headed to Central business area in Abuja today,I saw a lady that looked familiar, I was looking at her and she was looking at me(she had put on little weight) suddenly I realised she used to be a receptionist at my daughters school, we chatted briefly and I realised she was going same direction as mine. While in the car we got talking and she said she had to quit working in the school for another Job as a marketer with one of the banks but that it wasn't what she expected. I really felt for her as she narrated what she was going through, my mind kept going back and forth as I thought of how to assist. Before she dropped I asked her for her number as my wife's place of work usually ask her for recommendations when there are vacancies. My thought was I would recommend her.
Aunty started acting funny when I asked for number,next thing I heard was Sir how is your wife doing,how is your daughter all because of number o.

I know it looked out of character for her to have reacted like that but you must understand how this looks. This is the likely format married men/men in general use to get side chic. Offer to help in exchange for body warmth. And some ladies do not find it funny having to go down that route.

If you had told her your intentions before asking for her number, I'm sure her reaction would have been different.

Good luck on your next "free ride" cool
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Richie77: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Better to help men.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Olayetan(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin

Whatta bombshell...

grin

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by xtervaganza(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

Please share yours
well I don't blame her. Pretty sure there are guys in your area who you take the same route and you never made them an offer to chaffeur them around town.

P.s don't delude yourself into thinking you're a good person

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by xtervaganza(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2020
2dice01:
grin cheesy

She asked the Perfect Question bro

No sane man will turn himself to an Uber driver every morning to please a lady you just met some minutes ago

Cus if she was a Male
You won't even see his hand when he wave cheesy

no mind the weyrey weyde disguise
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Olayetan(m): 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours

Its logical,

She's right to ask that question cux she's human who must have thought you wanted to have something in return of the everyday favour, which is very rare...

You can't blame her for the question.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by PaulH07: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours

When she eventually dulls you now, you'll still come and share another story on nairaland...
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by engrchykae(m): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin
you see your mentality?
Let me tell you, after nysc,no good job,I have to use my bike to be doing okada,I make sure I carry 3 people free of charge so that after taking money from people,I will also have their "thank you"
You know what?all the people I carried free of charge are mothers and young school children,I don't carry young girls,this is because they think you are helping them because they have breast and ass.
They think the world rotates around their ass,hell no,the world rotates around the sun,not around bumbum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by VULCAN(m): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
Flesh and Blood did not reveal this to you grin grin grin

DaddyRochie1642:
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by TeeFriz: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2020
In all honesty, it was too fast offering her rides to work every morning. Like it's not even up to 24hrs you have known this person. Some other ladies might not go direct but would definitely have it at their subconscious that you want something from them most def, maybe not now but definitely later.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Brushstrokes20: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2020
Soro soke! No dey disguise.... ;������

In my place, we refer to your gesture as...

Aluwala ologbo.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2020
jaxxy:

She already entered his car and got home safely so what rituals is she thinking now?? If that was the case she shud never have entered his car in the 1st place

The also leave same area so what’s the fuss about??
She entered the car at first, based on the fact they lived in the same area on the first day am sure she wouldn't have attempt to enter on a total stranger.
You're talking as if you don't know what is happening in Nigeria. Even a foreigner has told me they're afraid of Nigerians because they are ritualist and eat humans. Blame the country you are in not me.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by efemena5050(m): 12:08am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours
hypocrite
ur sad bcus ur game no enter....she is wise ur little nice gester(mr nice guy) would hv tendered to that love or intrest of a tin but this time she caught u.....forget this ur vague report u know watsup...if it were to be ur fellow guy u would hv ignored him how much more giving him a lift(car owner) u even relegated ur self to becoming a willing common driver to an "average" lookng girl chai oga talk tru wats ur intention
...this r the type tht will see their fellow man under the rain but will end up pickn a woman in front or ahead......

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by yommen: 12:08am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

The girl for just calm down. Stupid girl.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:08am On Nov 14, 2020
engrchykae:
you see your mentality?
Let me tell you, after nysc,no good job,I have to use my bike to be doing okada,I make sure I carry 3 people free of charge so that after taking money from people,I will also have their "thank you"
You know what?all the people I carried free of charge are mothers and young school children,I don't carry young girls,this is because they think you are helping them because they have breast and ass.
They think the world rotates around their ass,hell no,the world rotates around the sun,not around bumbum.

Actually young girls think you're helping them cause you want to bleep them and 95% of the time, they're right. Guys hardly give lifts to girls they don't plan on seeing again/bleeping.

You and I know I'm speaking nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nyanabo(m): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Oin grin

There are two sides to the story.
1. who said you didnt want anything ? (stop lying to yourself) from the way you described her its obvious you wanted more than a 'string' you actually wanted a tango. and she was quick to see through your act. grin

But then again it might be you don't really want anything in return and just doing it out of your own 'goodwill' grin grin But you wouldn't blame her for the way she acted, you know it this shithole we are not used to good things without giving something in return so she was shocked by your offer and asked you that question.

I also feel you you didn't handle the situation well you running off would make her feel she was correct afterall that you really wanted something from her. If truly you didn't want anything you could have just explained to her and stop her train of thoughts before it could go further.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by efemena5050(m): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2020
Originalsly:
Smartxyz... you need to be Streetsmart. In general... in the society... men do not do a woman a favour without wanting something in return. You picked her up... very kind of you... never mind a bit risky... had a good chat ... she was comfortable with you and I'm sure considered you a nice guy seeing that you showed no signs of wanting anything in return... no contact info... no asking if she had a man etc..... the reason why she was happy. All that you messed up by asking to pick her up.... and that's the question that spoilt everything because she would now believe afterall... you want something in return... just like the other men. You should've said nothing... maybe she would've asked... or... you simply note the time you picked her up and most likely she will be there again waiting for a ride and will have no problem hopping in. Should you see her today... same scenario.... she may not want to hop in because she believes you want something. Always look first in the mirror bro before pointing fingers.
na wetin u dey type....for ur mind ur making sense....GOD see a perfect good confusion
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Burgerlomo: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Don't mind him grin
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Lush100(m): 12:19am On Nov 14, 2020
Ok lemme say.
I usually park on my way to work to buy food.
Of course , others come also both guys and ladies.
Let me say, I used to carry two guys who are staff to work atimes like twice or thrice a week. I personally don't like the habit of someone following me everyday (u have to tell me ur intention from the beginning that u want to start following me if u want it every day else I'll reroute my journey when it's becoming obvious.).
This day after buying food, this lady whose office is close to mine (I do see her sometimes at the food spot) asked to follow me ( the bike who brought her couldn't wait to take her down while buying food -i think we were few inline on that day). I liked the lady just platonic oh.
So I said she should hop in.
Started the car, put the air conditioning...(I don'tt drive without aircon unless I'm just reparking. But that day my intention of putting the aircon was to impressed because my car is always neat in and out.
When I got to my place a place just in between mine and hers so I could get to the parking lot, she said I should drive her to their other gate. I told her I had a meeting and was in a hurry and maybe next time.
Then I drove off to the not-to- far parking lot when she came down.
Guess she didn't take it well cos she declined when I offered to drop her next time.
I wasn't even bothered though I had to do something official at her office a few weeks later.
I'm married so nothing was ever going to happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by One4me: 12:23am On Nov 14, 2020
2dice01:
grin cheesy

She asked the Perfect Question bro

No sane man will turn himself to an Uber driver every morning to please a lady you just met some minutes ago

Cus if she was a Male
You won't even see his hand when he wave cheesy

If the lady was a Male flagging him down, he will be like: See Car Snatcher, im think say l just arrive Lagos yesterday
(Flattens Accelerator to the board like Alonso Formula One).
He come dey form Jesus for us. angry grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by richie240: 12:26am On Nov 14, 2020
hectorr:
I think seriiiously before helping any Lady that's not related to me. Complex species.
I don't mess with them!
I won't judge them tho, cos we don't reason alike, and I would most prolly reason like them were I to be female!

Kondomatic:
At least she was kind enough to ask you what you want.

In my own case, the lady told her friend that she knew what I want but I am not man enough to ask.
"The man that will finish understanding a woman has not bn born.....and any man that tries, risks destroying himself b4 his time!"

Yes, na me torkam!
cool

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by madjune(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2020
There's an old Western saying which goes thus,

" Beware of strangers bearing gifts..."

Don't blame her at all. You are a complete stranger
And, down the line, you'd want something from her.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by One4me: 12:29am On Nov 14, 2020
TeeFriz:
In all honesty, it was too fast offering her rides to work every morning. Like it's not even up to 24hrs you have known this person. Some other ladies might not go direct but would definitely have it at their subconscious that you want something from them most def, maybe not now but definitely later.

He's a SIMP!
Woman-Wrapper. Na to collect Pant from her, carry go home go wash, iron and then return it to her

Some men, ehn!

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by wisdomkid: 12:37am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

A man can press your neck and kill you, but at least, a lady won't and if she wants, it'll be through 5ex, dying while enjoying.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by richie240: 12:41am On Nov 14, 2020
lefulefu:
not that i would blame her asking u that question of what u wanted from her but then she was quite rude asper u give her free ride
if na smart babe she would codedly discharge u and tell u ohh she wont be in the route tommorow or dat ohh her boyfriend will give her a ride tommorow
thats how sensible ladies discharge guys who are interested in them but they are not attracted to
and op u cant tell us u were not attracted to her nau for u to be offering to be taking her to work every morning cheesy
nobody here will judge u so why are u lying cheesy
even if u no wan kpansh her but then u were obviously attracted to her and used the free ish as means to toast her cheesy cheesy cheesy and she declined but she was too agressive in her decline
this is where a white girl does it best
if u chyke a white girl and she is not attracted to u she will use scope to discharge u but a naija lady she will just start vibrating and shouting cos the guy toasting her she finds him repulsive cheesy
well op take heart and stop giving girls free rides to give the impression that u are a knight in shining armour
if possible help ur fellow paddies before u help a babe
afterall its not a crime if u give ur fellow guy who is late to work a free ride in ur car
abi na crime? cheesy
Na wah to u o.
What percentage of them are (d bolded)?
cool
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by ZooOga: 12:46am On Nov 14, 2020
"I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop"

lucky for you she wasn't an armed robber, or the decoy of lurking robbers. or maybe she was just bartering a deal for your car service. oloshos (full and part-time) always ask how much for our personal contract. wink

stay blessed and manage your good deeds carefully mr op.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by richie240: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2020
bobokeshington:
OP, YOU HAVE A KIND HEART. I ONLY HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME IF IT'S A MAN LIKE YOU.
Hehejehehe.....make d 2 of una dey scope unasef!

**if it were to be a man, would he make d same commitment towards him?
**if d lady in question were to be plain (ie unattractive) will he make same commitment towards her?

***Note: 'average looking' doesn't mean 'ugly' or 'unattractive'***

'Kind heart' kee una dia!
grin grin grin

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by skydancer: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
This is why some.men become misogynists. You guys are so complex. A nice man will quickly arrange this with you once they find out you live around before you even offer it to them. The reason why we call each other bro is because we're usually in the same hussle. The whole empathy in the case of a lady is that sometimes they want to be reassured that you're a nice guy first so they don't land in trouble, then when you try to show that, they get offended. It may be that he talked to her in a condescending manner which is a different case. There is just nothing wrong with this offer, we are all sisters and brothers at some point. I have offered people a ride and they were just in disbelief that they'd rather look around thinking I was asking for directions or something. We have forgotten what it means to be caring to each other. And some of us are even Christians

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by CSTRR: 12:56am On Nov 14, 2020
Remember those days when I was in school.

We would be walking inside heavy rain and one woman wrapper guy will just stop in his car, pick the girl and go.

The girl will not even say, please can you also help these guys too? The rain is heavy.
She will balance on the seat and face front.

It happened a number of times and I never forgot it.

Now that I have my cars, even if I see a lady drowning due to rain, I would zoom off without looking back.

Selfish species.

4 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Yxxx: 12:59am On Nov 14, 2020
This reminds me on ubunja's post on femininity.
Females are not used to receiving kind gestures free of charge .
If you really had good intentions, you are one of a kind. Just be safe...it's a strange and wicked world.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Alaga2222(m): 12:59am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours

you no see man Carry nah woman you see...I Pity you...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex While Backing Her Baby. Sparks Online Reactions / What Has Love Made You Do That Annoys You Anytime You Remember? / Lady's Sex Life 'Exposed' In A Congratulatory Message On Her Engagement (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.