Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? (113255 Views)

Dear Men, Before You Give A Lady Your Money. / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past / Church Brother To A Lady: Your Picture Is 'Erotic For A Cool Sister' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by skydancer: 12:59am On Nov 14, 2020
madjune:
There's an old Western saying which goes thus,

" Beware of strangers bearing gifts..."

Don't blame her at all. You are a complete stranger
And, down the line, you'd want something from her.
If you can't 'destranger' someone in 5 hours then something is wrong somewhere. Once you have a good chat, and you're in touch with your spirit, you should be able to know if someone is the kind of person you want to hang out with. Friendship is not mono-directional nor just bi-directional, a true friendship doesn't just go both ways, but multi ways. You give to each other and your environment also benefits. The consideration of 'You will eventually want something' is just insensitive.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by CSTRR: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2020
Alaga2222:

you no see man Carry nah woman you see...I Pity you...
Dem no dey ever see their fellow Man.

I know him type.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by kabanayol9(m): 1:04am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours
Oga you are a lucky man, she went straight to the point, why didn't you offer to be carrying a man everyday to his workplace or there are no guys/men in that area?
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Adebowalay(m): 1:06am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin
mardddd
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by olympio(m): 1:07am On Nov 14, 2020
If this lady was a guy, would you have been this generous.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Alaga2222(m): 1:09am On Nov 14, 2020
CSTRR:
Dem no dey ever see their fellow Man.
I know him type.
The man nah Mumu if I be the lady I for spit for him face

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by wildikeman(m): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2020
In this wicked world where nothing goes for nothing...you would have just said no, I just wanted to help you are you in OR out? If she declines fine, if she accepts okay.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

Please share yours
Mr "Good person", Why haven't you done that same good to a guy?

You want something. Open up bro. You are f*cking timid.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by seyoops4u: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2020
it depends on what you guys were discussing before she asked that question..
So, if you can tell us what you guys discussed too....
YOu gave us half tori.... grin grin
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by tosinhtml: 1:26am On Nov 14, 2020
Wow congrats, please share your I.V, so some of us can at least attend the Wedding.

Congrats again & God bless your Union IJN. Amen. cheesy

skentelelady:

You should have waited for her to ask if she could be joining every morning if she really needs the free ride

I remember when I just started work on the island and no car. I was fortunate to meet a guy one morning going to my area on the island too. After a while I quickly asked him if I could be joining him every morning because it would save tfare and bstop rush. He agreed and we exchanged numbers. We became friends till I got to ride my own ride and later family friends.

You might and might not have ulterior motives but you sounded as if you had one with your question. The best answer would have been I have nothing with smile
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Pharaohny: 1:45am On Nov 14, 2020
The biggest lesson learned this year is probably to not give to much of yourself to people who will not do the same for you.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 14, 2020
richie240:

Na wah to u o.
What percentage of them are (d bolded)?
cool
there are actually a number of girls wey dey use code discharge a guy wey dem no like
if a girl no dey answer ur calls or she is always telling u she is busy..that is telling u she is not interested nau
unfortunately many guys cant read it

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Mecka: 1:59am On Nov 14, 2020
Ayo2004:
Op wan chop kpekus dey disguise...him come dey use Uber driver front
Radarada grin
awoof kpekus
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by andyanders: 2:11am On Nov 14, 2020
The Lady is a smart person,knowing fully well that by giving her everyday free ride must turn out to be a bet to take her to hotel and if she refuses your offer any day, it might turn ugly.

Come to think about it, op, you just gave her the first lift or ride, why start trying to talk into giving her free ride everyday? At your age, don't you have a wife or girlfriend? What if one of this days giving a free ride, then a lady from nowhere confronts her and start asking what she was doing in the car?

Op, the lady gave you a VERY good question ' what do you want from me' . You are the one that played fool herein. You should have at least, tried by giving her several free rides without offering her everyday ride as your so clean conscience you claimed tried to offer her on a first meeting.

I put it to you that you are guilty. Don't act like a good man herein.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by hardon1(m): 2:15am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours

Why won't she ask when you barely met her opted to carry her every day for free, if na you fellow man, would you agree to carry him to work every day. Would you even give him a lift in the first place.

Mr man, its obvious its your penis made that " free" statement, not your brain

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by andyanders: 2:17am On Nov 14, 2020
hardon1:

Why won't she ask when you barely met her opted to carry her every day for free, if na you fellow man, would you agree to carry him to work every day. Would you even give him a lift in the first place.

Mr man, its obvious its your penis made that " free" statement, not your brain
Exactly. He is trying to paint himself a clean and good guy. You cannot just offer a lady you barely met, a free ride on first day ride, without something at the back of his mind.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by bigcasava1(m): 2:32am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin
let me help him answer your lovely question, the answer is a capital letters NO! he will not.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by IMAMofWAR: 2:33am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours
oga shut up abeg. u give her lift, doesnt mean u have to start up unnecessary discussions. if u had driven her with out all the unnecessary discussions then offer her this offer, she wont ask u suck. i know ur type , u will talk till u start talking irrelevant things then come act like the victim here. there are many guys on that same busstop, go and help one as a good man wey u be. mtcheeeew

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by 1Sharon(f): 2:34am On Nov 14, 2020
CSTRR:
Remember those days when I was in school.

We would be walking inside heavy rain and one woman wrapper guy will just stop in his car, pick the girl and go.

The girl will not even say, please can you also help these guys too? The rain is heavy.
She will balance on the seat and face front.

It happened a number of times and I never forgot it.

Now that I have my cars, even if I see a lady drowning due to rain, I would zoom off without looking back.

Selfish species.

grin

Smh
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by 27Pushing30: 2:36am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours

Well I don use the level kpansh many babes BUT I can never offer to be anyone’a (Male or Female) ride every day... that’s unnecessary stress

Be like you no like your peace of waking up and leaving at your own pace not someone calling you to say “I am at the junction / bus stop.

Anyway her loss
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by simplifygdr(f): 2:40am On Nov 14, 2020
Lol. Sorry with your experience. Unfortunately what many people don't know is that some people (I didn't say most people) on the the road asking for lift are actually s#x workers looking for a night. Its also possible that the lady was one of them and she didn't like how the guy wasted her time in being the wrong customer. The right customers know the right statements to make, not the uber driver statement.

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by vickydevoka(m): 2:45am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
God bless you sister.
Some men wicked to their follow men
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by pacespot(m): 2:51am On Nov 14, 2020
I think the op is kind of pissed that the lady had a suspicion he was after something from her. You met a lady and offered her a ride, what is the big deal? You now want to become her Uber, she has the right to ask the question, you don't know if she had a boyfriend.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by SmartPolician: 3:10am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
If am cool with him just like the way i was cool chatting with the lady...Why not?? grin

Story for the deities

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Badgers14: 3:15am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Dude's feeling was hurt because he probably was looking forward to one of those romantic stories that started like that.. when it didn't work out, his feelings was hurt.

I wouldn't say I blame any of them though.. that's life.. it just wasn't meant to be grin
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by olaremint(m): 3:15am On Nov 14, 2020
Nigerians are so wacked in their thinking, try and visit cotonou and chat a babe. U will understand why Trump said Nigeria is a shit hole
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by justbonny(m): 3:23am On Nov 14, 2020
Wetin you sef dey find?
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by tunde82seidat(f): 3:23am On Nov 14, 2020
peacenow:
Keep doing your best for humanity.

The same way I dashed someone 50k because he asked for financial assitance. After he came up with the idea of getting me a landed property which was ok with me but later I sent my brother inlaw to verify the seller and the location of the land. Fight erupted among the family of the seller on the video recorded that was sent to me. I decided not to buy the land again and I sent a 10k cash of thank you for your efforts to this guy who was a fomer church member.

The next call I received from this guy is that " If I know your account number, I will return your money, Why would you say you are not buying the land any more.

My reply was "Thank you for everything, may God reward each an everyone of us according to our intentions towards each other.

Nawa o .people and their entitlement mentality .In case you haven't bought .I sell for genuine real estate companies and our lands are verfiable with good titles and great location.07034501888
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by OwenJesse27(m): 3:30am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please share yours
She is one insecure bitch just forget her ....
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by therajah: 3:34am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Hmn!! Deep!!!
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by HRMK: 3:45am On Nov 14, 2020
serve u right!i guess there were no men along same line u culd offer such help!!

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Geesaintagape: 3:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Let me rephrase the question for her.
Oga is she the only one going that direction everyday if no why giving her a lift daily abandoning others

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex While Backing Her Baby. Sparks Online Reactions / Lady's Sex Life 'Exposed' In A Congratulatory Message On Her Engagement (Photos) / What Has Love Made You Do That Annoys You Anytime You Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.