Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,594 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (78038 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by goodlife4every1(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo
And you guys want to die there, going around spreading that Rivers State is Igbo land... Stupid people

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Essence20(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ikwere tribe, the most confused set of people ever.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Stan642(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike, in real Igbo pronunciation, it's Nweike
So Wike means The owner of strength

Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jesslove(f): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Mad man

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TheGift: 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?

While I get what you are trying to get at, it is not working because YES, many languages, especially those with close geographical proximity to one another, share similar etymologies.

And going by your argument, it might actually be some part of the Igbo tribe that is Ikwerre and not vice versa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kingspin(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Enough of this nonsense
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by abduljabbar4(m): 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Racoon:
Governor Wike have the right to his ethnic identity but must never forget that hating on the Igbo tribe does not in any way make us less Igbos.Ken Saro-Wiwa & the Ogonis made the same mistake but till today they are regretting it.

We must not agree in all things but there are some things that intersect all of us-oppression & marginalization by a common enemy

Two years ago, who would have thought that you would be making such a comment against your beloved "wicked Wike? "Lol you people lack foresight

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by johne4c(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
they will grab you soon
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Kirchoffs: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
Vaughanlanrewaj.... another slimy chameleon
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanseK
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester
Emekaonline
Afamed

The shameless MONIKERS listed above are the various paid media thugs hired to spill hate.

They are very many here with over 200 different monikers which they use in trying to cause disunity and sow seeds of discord...they do this by creating tribal inciting topics to cause arguments..

They are mostly northerners.....it's all part of their divide and rule tactics

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Go and sort your mum's pension issue out cos I fathom you need the money more than her.
Stop abusing your seniors.
Ewu
ikwerre is my tribe so I have the right to air my opinion
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Futureleader201(m): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
This country na wa ..... When Goodluck Jonathan *Ebere* was the president, the Northerns said he is an Igbo man. When they make Amaechi a minister, they counted him as Igbo man *Amaechi*.

Nwike, don't worry, we will remind you of your statements when the time comes.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by osascybog(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU
If he was wise enough he should have avoided that statement...he would one day regret it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by bigfish3k: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
goodlife4every1:

Well said... I am a Rivers man and their trouble is too much... We have other ethnic groups there but only them will claim Rivers State is Igbo land... Give them a chance, they will take chances... Always close mark them and put them where they belong if not they will dispose you of what belongs to you...
Bleep you
Give evidence of where they have ever done what you are accusing them of

13 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by slowice(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
mbaise1000:

ikwere language? what's the meaning of that name in igbo language and what is the meaning of ikwere in ikwere language and in igbo language? people will not seize to amaze, anyways I don't see what is important in wike being igbo or not, people like JONATHAN who is more important and more intelligent and more matured and more recognized all over the world and more valuable is not igbo but identified with the igbo to the extent of adopting an an igbo name for himself, compare him to some igbos that are denying their identity for pots of porridge like one thing in abuja and another thing in lagos and the difference is very clear.
you won't see people like okonja iweala do that. that wike is being applauded by a particular set of people who are insulting him a few weeks ago but see him as their hero today, because he is killing igbos will tell any sane person why IPOB seen to be the best option now

Oga you people should stop embarrassing igbos... Let this minority group rest. They re not igbos both gej and wike and their tribe re not igobs and igbos do not need them to be relevant. Stop this nonsense

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Empiree: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.

Watch video

This is interesting. Did I just learn Dele Momodu said he's from Edo State?. I always thought he was from Southwest like Ogun State.

It is high time Nigerians get over tribal and ethnic differences. It doesn't help us a bit. This interview further proves to us that human beings are one big family. We are the ones that chose to differ for whatever purposes.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ogbuu101: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
ebenezer202l:
ikwerre is my tribe so I have the right to air my opinion
Very soon you will hail from Kuvuki land.
I can picture your hairy balls already, but you're masquerading with a female moniker.
Very soon you go land one maga to send you transport money grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Chimeluv(f): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
That one na him business undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Anambra1stS0n: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
tartar9:
The land grabbers,the culture/tribe grabbers. They have nothing to be proud of hence they keep grabbing others as theirs.
Dumbo Igbos are proud of their cities, as big as Rivers state is they get their goods from Onitsha and Aba, how many billionaires from Igbo extraction came from Ikwere, tell me one Ikwere man or woman making wave across the world, Wike silly ranting recently is targeted at Amaechi who is trying to unify with the Igbos, we will see how far Wike will go in his quest.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by slipperyanus07: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
Afamed:
Wike the Slayer of terrorist IPoB grouvp
God punish u sad

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ogbuu101: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
bigfish3k:

Bleep you
Give evidence of where they have ever done what you are accusing them of
Ignore that eediot.
If Igbo people were going about doing gateman jobs and nail cutter jobs,you will never see anybody complain about them.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by eezor: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Racoon:
Governor Wike have the right to his ethnic identity but must never forget that hating on the Igbo tribe does not in any way make us less Igbos.Ken Saro-Wiwa & the Ogonis made the same mistake but till today they are regretting it.

We must not agree in all things but there are some things that intersect all of us-oppression & marginalization by a common enemy
Can you tell me what they are reverting of? I want to learn Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by TecM0: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
Omo Ibo how far , Wike just denied you

Cc

IgbalodeRaymond
MsAllison
NagadaAwo
AchalugoNwa
ebenezer202l

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by dammyz101(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
This geographical expansion that brought people of difrnt ethnic group settle on the coastline of the atlantic ocean, the rain forest in d east and west, around the river niger and the savanas in the north is a conspiracy against the minority tribe. Bcus small ethnic groups are merged wit majority dosnt mean they neva existed. There so many small tribes in this nigeria it similar language to majority once.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Sobasojek: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
iddonla:

who is igbo..arindin..

i am more yoruba than u
Which state are you from?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Jonasbadoo2(f): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Numismatic:

Another angle. My argument is if indeed the are from Bini there should be residues of their culture or language that points to that.. Either by their names, or traditions or market days. Yet nothing points to that fact.. Do you know about the people of Oguta in Imo State? I think the are from Bini or delta, and the have facts that points to that, even Abariba people in Abia state are from Akwa Ibom or Cross River, and you can easily agree to that based on their mode of dressing, their masquerades etc. There is no how a people can totally lose their identity after migrating to another location. Like I said, it's all about the civil war the ibos lost. Simple.
Just STFU Abiriba is more igbo than you self, don't say trash here.. Hope you know that Arochukwu and Abiriba are blood related from the same father, the only connection with Awka Ibom is because it involves an Igbo Man and Ibibio woman so don't say trash here

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nchenches: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
Ikweres were just a subgroup of the Igbos just like Nsukka or Abakaliki ppl.

Modified.
It is heartwarming to see Wike is suddenly the darling of yerobber Muslims.
Is awa God not a wonderful God? grin grin grin

It’s easier for most Igbos to understand Ikwerre dialect than Abakaliki dialect.

Who knows what is pushing this Wike man in this his macabre dance before the world?

Even a little boy knows that it’s bad politics to do what Wike is doing. What does he stand to gain from this? I don’t see any gain other than further making his oil producing areas more exposed to total exploitation.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by iddonla: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Which state are you from?

ondo
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Gamesmart: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
Majority of Ikwerre and Anioma people always blatantly refuse to be seen as Igbo despite many having Igbo names.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by PHOTSEE(m): 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:

Watch video

Wika is not igbo likewise dele momodu is not a yoruba but from Edo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Watches As Sallah Ram Is Being Slaughtered / Kogi Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Seyi Tinubu’s N340 Million Richard Mille Wristwatch Stuns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.