Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? (57525 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Widow? Advice Needed / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? / Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by mamajaz(f): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Blessedassuranc:

Yes they 'seem' nice. But when you get closer you ll know better.I speak from experience. PLS.DONT BE DECEIVED

I don't even understand the Obu in their slogan. Obu in Yoruba means saltless or devoid of sweetness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Ultimategeneral: 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
empire02:
Is she not a human being like other girls??
What if shix the girl God has destined you to marry ? Or are you trying to say that no white garment member will make heaven'

My advice, go ahead.
This your advice wan resemble righousness own.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by eagleonearth(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
emkz:
There is nothing wrong in dating her. Let me share a story with you that totally changed my worldview about them.

We had a member who used to live in our house. He didn't eat meat. And when food is shared to him during Christmas, he'd reject the stew (principles). Once in a while, he used to host his church members and they used to sing and dance and eat. We used to stay away scared of ten, but they always seemed happy. He always had family members around living with him, and even trained an outsider who was rejected by his extended family. He trained another cousin of his. As kids, he always allowed us to come to his apartment to watch movies and would leave us there when he was going out. We knew where he kept his key incase someone came and needed a place to sleep.

Something happened and he started losing weight. There was rumour that he had HIV because he had a weakness for women. He spent sometime in the hospital until the hospital could not do anything for him again. He returned home emaciated and unable to care for himself. Everyone, including his family, abandoned him. His girlfriend whose siblings he catered for abandoned him. No one wanted to go near him, including those who he had helped. My younger sister was very angry when the people he had helped were no where to be found, and said she'd chase any family member that comes to his house to eat once he gets well. She was barely 12 when she said this.

Then his church stepped in. Everyday, different members would come to look after him and clean him, bathe him, cook for him and spend time with him. They later took him to the church. Our neighbours visited him there and narrated to us how much he was cared for. Parents did not prevent their children from going around him.

He died in the church under the care of his fellow church members, who became his family when he needed one. He was a dedicated member of the church and despite his weakness for women, he was a genuinely nice man. When I used to walk around without slippers, he gave me money to buy and told me not to tell my parents (my parents refused to buy me slippers after I had cut more than six pairs). He was not a rich man, but he was a nice man. I will never forget him.

Such people likely make heaven than others.

So forget about the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (I still don't know anything about their belief system) and assess your partner on the basis of her persona. Then find out about the beliefs, convictions and doctrines of the Brotherhood of Cross and Star. Then you'd realize many of us criticize in ignorance.

Don't lose a beautiful thing for something as flimsy as religion. There is more I can share about another white garment church, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

1ce Edited.
Good works can't take you to heaven. Only ticket is wearing the righteousness of Jesus Christ. I am not condemning good works either

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by iboboyswag(m): 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
Quality20:
D ones I know kind of like sex extremely, so I avoid talking with those girls cos they also talk in decently. I don't know if those olumba girls are taught to be sex freaks

I was going to say this... I have had the blessed opportunity of being friends with 2.

Real tigresses they were and both from Ondo. Don't know if it is the tribe, church or just their makeup but then such coincidences are often too much to overlook.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Taylordedon(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
RealSolution001:
Please your advice is very important.

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?

Brotherhood of the cross and star is 99% better than the winners chapel or Christ embassy, even salvation ministries...

Bro get it straight, they do not practice diabolism in brotherhood, they teach and practice love everyday in brotherhood....

Open up to her,I can swear with my life, you will not regret your moves..
Peace and love is all that matters

The brotherhood of the cross and star wishes you "PEACE"

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
Once you have doubts about a relationship it's better to keep off. When you meet the one there will be no questions asked.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Thattallgirl(f): 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
frankson1:

I met one a few months ago but when I got to see the white on her, nobody told me to run. Really, I don't understand them or know how they operate.
Many of them are good but not all. You can't tell unless you're a spiritual person yourself and have a spirit of discernment

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Thattallgirl(f): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zivaharry:
if you are that tall.....make we do boyfriend and girlfrien grin grin grin ;Dd
tongue

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Chris2863(m): 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
From this story self, it seems the church used him in disguise, I have so many attending the church, one died in my final yr in a similar event
emkz:
There is nothing wrong in dating her. Let me share a story with you that totally changed my worldview about them.

We had a member who used to live in our house. He didn't eat meat. And when food is shared to him during Christmas, he'd reject the stew (principles). Once in a while, he used to host his church members and they used to sing and dance and eat. We used to stay away scared of ten, but they always seemed happy. He always had family members around living with him, and even trained an outsider who was rejected by his extended family. He trained another cousin of his. As kids, he always allowed us to come to his apartment to watch movies and would leave us there when he was going out. We knew where he kept his key incase someone came and needed a place to sleep.

Something happened and he started losing weight. There was rumour that he had HIV because he had a weakness for women. He spent sometime in the hospital until the hospital could not do anything for him again. He returned home emaciated and unable to care for himself. Everyone, including his family, abandoned him. His girlfriend whose siblings he catered for abandoned him. No one wanted to go near him, including those who he had helped. My younger sister was very angry when the people he had helped were no where to be found, and said she'd chase any family member that comes to his house to eat once he gets well. She was barely 12 when she said this.

Then his church stepped in. Everyday, different members would come to look after him and clean him, bathe him, cook for him and spend time with him. They later took him to the church. Our neighbours visited him there and narrated to us how much he was cared for. Parents did not prevent their children from going around him.

He died in the church under the care of his fellow church members, who became his family when he needed one. He was a dedicated member of the church and despite his weakness for women, he was a genuinely nice man. When I used to walk around without slippers, he gave me money to buy and told me not to tell my parents (my parents refused to buy me slippers after I had cut more than six pairs). He was not a rich man, but he was a nice man. I will never forget him.

Such people likely make heaven than others.

So forget about the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (I still don't know anything about their belief system) and assess your partner on the basis of her persona. Then find out about the beliefs, convictions and doctrines of the Brotherhood of Cross and Star. Then you'd realize many of us criticize in ignorance.

Don't lose a beautiful thing for something as flimsy as religion. There is more I can share about another white garment church, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

1ce Edited.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ebenezer202l(f): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ifork4money:
cheesy those bastards are powerless, i wll Bleep and refuck and dump her and nothing go happen. that is how them make noise till them carry a whole oba staff and them no fit knack the person thunder
apt grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ebenezer202l(f): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Blessedassuranc:

YOU REALLY KNOW OOO (OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU)
hope you don't mind sharing with us
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ebenezer202l(f): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
yvonncute:
Abeg forget that guy, I attended that church for more than 4 years so I can confidently tell you that their is nothing wrong in dating her.
then why you con commot?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ebenezer202l(f): 11:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
dave4rella:
cool
Dated one, the girl was a vibe and a jolly good fellow!
If you behold her in that their church wear, you will know that she's truly beautiful.

Was with her one night, and she boldly told me that any man that tries to rape her will die under 24hrs, I fear..
Also promised to bring me good fortune..

But my mum saw her with me one day and warned me to stay away from her.. That was how the relationship gradually ended

So you go ahead if you have good intentions towards her, but if you toy with her heart, she will turn you into a tortoise or snake and lala will move your story to front page of nairaland
chai cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Naso007: 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Young man!

Na situation (which is spiritual) dey carry people go this church for solutions.

While they are worshiping here, they feel relief and a little bit of rest of mind or better still, they found solution there.

If they stop coming, the wahala go come back, so they have no options than to stay put.

If this family na you choice, prepare to join prayer warriors in case you would want to stop her and your unborn children from worshiping there.

Kindly note.

This is just my opinion.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Roma10: 12:00am On Nov 19, 2020
Ask your father how he married your mum!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by mrphysics(m): 12:05am On Nov 19, 2020
I have dated one. Actually, I don't believe in those shenanigans they do. Their belief system is too odd but who cares. I hated she attends that church anyway.

She's nice, sexually free, and you will hardly deduce she's a member. However, she's committed in the church as she holds one little leadership position in their youth wing.

She recently got married (last week). I missed her though. She was everything I wanted. And no, we didn't break up because of her religion because I don't care. And I know if we had continued till marriage, she will quit.

Op, their beliefs are odd. They see Obu as god. They pray in his name. Like ending prayers with..."In the name of Olumba Olumba Obu"

They go to Calabar every December. There's a river their women swim/bath inside stack naked. A whole lot of shits they do in the church. Sometimes it could be scary. But for me, if you like belong to Ogboni, it's your business. Nothing you do will ever affect me.

Modified

I forgot to add, the dad is a Bishop there, you can imagine. I'm sure she got married to one of their members. It's even good for her so they can continue that odd way of life.

She eats meat and every other thing other people do. Take alcohol, go to club, name it. On Sunday, she'd wear their white (a cloth which she had never taken pictures on). One day, she was in church and we made a video call. Seeing her in that cloth was really something else. I took screenshots and laughed at her after the service. They don't wear any makeup when going to church. grin grin Alot of memories anyway. But she was one lady I wanted to marry. But life happens to us all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by naijadrivablog: 12:05am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:

There's this girl I have been seeing on friendship level but presently there's urge to push it into relationship. From the look of things, I know she's already falling for me so the question whether she'll agree for me or not shouldn't even come in. However, I recently happened to know she's a member of brotherhood of the cross and star (the white garment and shoeless church) likewise her parents and other members of the family. Since I discovered this, I have been very sceptical about the whole thing.

Is it advisable to date such girl? What of in the event of breakup? Any physical or spiritual harm done to someone for being with such a person? Would I be coerced to convert to the beliefs (that is the last thing that will ever happen). Have you dated one before? How did it go?

You probably live in Akwa Ibom or Cross River. If not, you are in Lagos. Na there dem de
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by moskhoe(m): 12:07am On Nov 19, 2020
tfash96:
Yeah I've dated 1 b4 and we broke up in August.. She will want u to join her church.. All these celestial girls... I'm happy I'm no longer with her anymore sha

Bros Olumba no be cele o

They quite different,

A lot lot

Na Afonjas get(dominate) cele, cherubim and the likes

Brotherhood however, has its member base in cross river state,

I have a friend who is now one of their so called 144,000 virgins,

He maybe won't ever get married,

We still get along quite well, He sure is, one of the nicest guys out there.

Calabar is their HQ

They don't indulge in jah jehovah emmanuel, holy shit,

They are completely different from the others

(Very) Unique doctrine.

You like the girl, go for her,
she's just a girl, not a monster.

She obviously won't bite.
You can, if you very determined, drag her out of the brotherhood; well, I guess that will only happen if she really likes you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Emeraldgreene(f): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2020
@OP...I ain't trying2 discourage u but you have to learn to look beyond what you see.I understand love can be of the soul, unconditional.Since u want something serious with her which might probably lead to marriage,are u comfortable with a Church whose leader refer to himself as god,kings of kings and lord of lords,creator of the Universe and who perform various questionable rituals carried out at rivers? If u were a member it's a different issue cos u're both In the same boat. Spirituality and similar beliefs is the one of the most important core of any marriage.It will be difficult for her to change her church because she was brought up there.its her family church.she is a woman,she will have a very powerful influence over you and ur kids.Are u ready to take ur kids down that path?you have to be careful u don't begin ur life with this woman on a shaky foundation.you really have to pray to ur Creator and ask him for guidance,and then speak to the lady and ask if she will be willing to change church in future.For those who say BCC members are nice,there are nice people in every church,and there are also bad people in every church,and everywhere u go all over the world.if ur spirit is not comfortable with her place of worship,I suggest u find someone else.There is always another soulmate for you down the road.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by ddeola: 12:13am On Nov 19, 2020
The ball is in your court provided you don't mind all these situations you mentioned.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by tit(f): 12:14am On Nov 19, 2020
Hit and run to is alway allowed
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:14am On Nov 19, 2020
ijo mimo kerubu ati serafu. holy Michael.chaiii...!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 12:17am On Nov 19, 2020
Religion shouldn't be the guideline for choosing a spouse. ..many Christian are evil from the days of judas... Choose a good person with lovely character
a patient human being and humble because God loves humble people. ...
You just saw a pastor go to jail...check the person and choose...character first.
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Vello(m): 12:29am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:

RUN�‍♂️
RUN�‍♂️�‍♂️
RUN�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Balenciagabrain: 12:34am On Nov 19, 2020
KinSlayer:
Don’t let stereotypes and stories from people stop you from missing out on a potentially good thing. Live without fear. The best person I have ever met in my life was a brotherhood boy that I bullied in secondary school. He paid my wickedness with kindness in spite of all my bullying, even to the extent of giving me his own biro in exam hall,(no, not a spare, the one he was writing with). I didn’t even realize how awesome this dude was at the time, I realized how emotionally far ahead of me he was on reminiscing. That boy changed my life outlook, and his parents,(both of them are brotherhood) did a damn fine job.
There's actually a psychological state called autism. It misrepresents believes and religious inclinations.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by pragmstism: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2020
For the very fact you having doubts about the relationship means it's not a good venture run

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by enemyofprogress: 12:44am On Nov 19, 2020
Chei op you better run before she donates you to satan
Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by Kingrefreshed: 12:45am On Nov 19, 2020
RealSolution001:
Who has dated one before? Give me full gist. I'm talking about first hand experience.

I have before and I was scared throughout out the 1 year and 4 months relationship. I am alive because I never cheated on her she told me.

That's the summary!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by enemyofprogress: 12:46am On Nov 19, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
ijo mimo kerubu ati serafu.
holy Michael.chaiii...!!!
who is talking of cherubim and seraphim here? Olodo rabata

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by peppermint7(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2020
After going through all the comments I realized how sarcastic and brainwashed pple are. White garment church does not mean any shit.
Go on with ur love life. No allow all this fools for NL poison ur mind.
Ona wer de claim sey Ona de go clean churches. We have seen u doin worst. Why come here to display ur hypocrisy.
Brainwashed pokes

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by juman(m): 1:21am On Nov 19, 2020
White garment churches are also good people.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? by samzy(m): 1:25am On Nov 19, 2020
Girls from that church Bleep allot and unfaithfulness is 100% guarantee... Even if she is married they still flirt.. I know many of them nd the story is the same

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu Celebrates Her Husband, Austin Nnaemeka On His Birthday - Pictures / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did / Why Do Girls Keep Running Away From Me Even Though I'm Good-Looking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.