Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? (96398 Views)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 10:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Yohnshogun:

Ifeoluwa. Please can you send me your contacts please. I love the fact that you see things from this perspective. I checked your profile and saw the cerebral posts you made and I think we have a lot to talk about to move things forward. Coming from a lady is even more surprising (I'm not misogynist but few ladies engage in international politics especially in Nigeria)
Besides you beautiful

Yes, we have been made to think we are the only cause of our problems. With that mentality, we won't achieve anything.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

What are you saying?? Do you even understand yourself??

So basically you're saying Africa are so daft to the extent that they allowed themselves to be manipulated, Lied to, and deceived?

You're basically saying we're not as bright and intelligent as the other Races, So they should have pity us right??

Damnnnnnn!!! You're saying trash!!

Enjoy yourself
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by omotomki: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Yes , for sun,it's funny but it's the truth ,when you stay the whole year without seeing the hot sun,you will thank God for the sun in Africa. Natural vitamin A.majority of northereners don't really travel out ,its not as if naija is not bad to them but they are contenteded with what they have.There are also some countries in Africa who are not as developed as Nigeria, you don't find most of their people abroad .naija problem is due to bad governance, lack of opportunities due to high population, insecurity etc even within Europe, people migrate from one European country to another .There are some countries in Europe where all their youth have left for greener pasture, if you stay in those countries, no opportunity, hunger go finish you .

This is so laughable, Imagine A white coming to Africa because of sun? LOL we're so backward that sun is the only intriguing stuff about us!!

You can hardly see a white person move to Africa to start a new life or for greener pasture, Because Africa has nothing to offer, It's just a Empty continent

But you see Black Africans moving to Europe on a daily basis for better life, That says a lot about us!!
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by tutudesz: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what is preventing Nigeria from rising now? Do our leaders don't like better things? Just look at the neat tidy well constructed roads! What is wrong in having all roads in Nigeria look so tidy like this?

Nawa!
Town planning
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Olami83: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

No be everything be travel out Abeg!!!!

As it is now... Na everything be travel oh
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2020
Una wey b sey una no wan pay tollgate money...
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by iLegendd(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
There must be law and it must be obeyed before anything will work.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by SmartyPants(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what is preventing Nigeria from rising now? Do our leaders don't like better things? Just look at the neat tidy well constructed roads! What is wrong in having all roads in Nigeria look so tidy like this?

Nawa!

You think it's only the leaders?

These roads were once nice and neat too with functioning gutters. But you see over there, citizens don't throw trash in gutters
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Wizzyflexx: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Because just like fingers are different. Countries are also different they maybe rich and develop now,. Nigeria will also rise and develop. they may also fall
..fall ko folashade ni
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Bro I am contemplating on joining politics, wanna try my best to get my state to look at least close to this!!
Dubai isn't what it is presently about three decades ago... It's someone's vision and now the rich are proud to say they go to Dubai to lavish money and continue growing the city
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by shankara7: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Many neighborhoods in Maitama is better than what I'm seeing here.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Oludara202: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Because just like fingers are different. Countries are also different they maybe rich and develop now,. Nigeria will also rise and develop. they may also fall

We are running out of time and resources too, think not because we are not even close.

It's about two centuries away from us or more.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by martineverest(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Angola,Tanzania, Morocco,eqypt, equatorial guinea,Gabon ,south Africa,some parts of Kenya , Botswana got such streets....even Kigali in Rwanda..... Except useless naija
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ProphetofOdin: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
We would get there, but i think the closest i have seen to something like this is broadstreet in lagos.

To make 40k in a week doing online tasks please check my signature.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by bigfish3k: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Somebody has written this kind of write up like 60yrs ago and up till now those people are still rising while we are declining.
If we want to grow or catch up you would have been seeing the signs now

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by edoairways: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

Bro I am contemplating on joining politics, wanna try my best to get my state to look at least close to this!!
I advise you stay clear
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Yenefer:

After the developed countries fall, will the fall take the streets away as well?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Heybeedee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=PhiliptheArab post=96293608]

So when you get into politics would you be willing to charge heavy taxes to pay for the good roads you want?

Our budget for thos year is 26 billion dollars. South africa spent 23 billion dollars on education alone last year.

London's budget is 2 billion dollars this year.Lagos budget is 3 milllion dollars.

everything u wrote no concern me just this lagos budget u quote na big big miscalculation on your part...lagos budget is actually close $3b wgich I'm sure should be lower ti London's therefore the budget for London u quoted must be absolutely wrong
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by friendl: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Because black skin ,black nations are cursed
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by THANDS619: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Raydos:

No be everything be travel out Abeg!!!!

e dey pain u say e get likes pass you abi?

unless village people dey your matter, I repeat if u make money, travel out.....I no fight u o baba
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by wellmax(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
The same Nigerian who want good things will be the one throwing pure water nylon and bottle water on the street.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
Heybeedee:

Thanks
The error is regretted
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by SatanBoss: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
like seriously? u are comparng beverly hills with naija?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by baxmaich(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
poverty
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Bmaster(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nigeria will be better if politicians spend less during campaign,
But hence they spend a whooping sum of money during campaign, forget it.

They are there to recover x1000 of what they spent during campaign during the first tenure,

And to loot as many as they can for their unborn generations during the 2nd term
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by barragan: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Do you drink sachet water and drop the nylon on the street? Most of you do, don't expect to find a clean environment when you do that.

The change begins with you and I.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Higrcorp: 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ngozioma(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
cool cool cool Umuahia get one shasha wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
weyreypey:

Until the northerners flooded the place

Hahaha
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Punakapunaka: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
Because we are corruptically Dirty grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nfora: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
We don't have these kind of streets in nigeria because we are not ready to pay the kind of taxes that would fund and maintain those kind of streets.

In the UK, if you are living in the city, you pay council tax which ranges from 60000 to 100000 naira monthly depending on the city. That money goes into making the cities look nice

That's why uk cities have great streets.

If we charged that kind of tax in Nigeria, Nigerians would scream.

So we pay scanty taxes and get scanty and bad roads

The bad roads we have in Nigeria are what we can afford. The sad thing is that looting still happens on top

Greatest contribution.

Nigerians want better things and compare us with other countries,but they will never compare how much tax we pay,compared to other countries.

Taxation remains the major source of revenue for developed countries.

Just to remove fuel subsidy, they are pushing labour to go on strike.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nawa!
You are talking of the leaders do the people like better things?
If you take Niggerians there now you wont recogbize those streets after 6 months.
First you will start seeing ( entepreneurs) women selling food and vulcanizers on the side walks, then you will start seeing tin roof kiosks springing up everywhere. Litter will abound. If this place was in like Kano you will see people defecating on the side walks in broad day light

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Lady Controls Traffic In Port Harcourt Under Heavy Rain (Photos) / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) / American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.