Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Ijebu Vs Jebusite - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijebu Vs Jebusite (8100 Views)

The Ijebu, The Yoruba And Their Influence On The Bible And Judaism / Fact About The Ijebu-ode / Igbo-ona, Ijebu-igbo, Igbomina: Are Yoruba's Historically Tied To Igbo's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

So i should belive you, that ijebu military was stronger than bini or could be matched because you said it

We should disprove a European account who had observed things by themselves than you who ia typing from lagos

Drop you self ego before i shatter them
Same account says it difficult to evaluate... grin

How can you claim ruling over some without prove... grin
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by gregyboy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

Shatter wetin? The Benin never cross their boundaries with ijebus. I'm very sure they've been hearing stories about them for long.
They should have tried their luck then maybe by now we'll have areas like ijebu-edo grin
So I don't know who is stronger. All I'm saying that ijebu clan was large enough and we don't need anyone to force us to know that were one.
Benin was busying conquering smaller kingdom and expanding territories but we remain ijebus and expanded our settlement. Hope your noting the difference BT the two bah?
Ijebu is know not to have been under the Oyo empire. Oyo empire was popularly know for stopping the expansion of usman-danfodio jihad . if not we'll have Igbo Muslim today.

If you're not satisfied with these I'll ask you to go tell oba of Benin to send Benin warriors down to to ijebu let test something grin
Our closest brother the egba people will be the one to stop the Benin warriors while ijebus will be doing their normal partying and flexing. tongue

You saw the Europeans writeups and your mouth is still running like dat tap

You saw samuel johson writeup but your mouth is still running faster than a running tap

You will be humbled bro

Your ijebu was compared to a avillage

The same ijebu who traded on benin river and accepted benin laws governing the trade

Why didnt the strong ijebu send soldiers to benin river to remove benin influence on its trade like the benins did to the aworis

Your pride is learning when it comes to mine so humble yourself and put your ijebu scattered clan
Below the benin empire

Instead of giving it an undeserved overrated claims
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by gregyboy(m): 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Balogunodua:

Yes i agree with that the bini people account was probably economic powers over the Ijebus
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:
Let me just drop this here for you @tollyboy5 — A question:

Where does Oba Adetona (the reigning* Awujale) claim as the homeland of the Ijebu-Odes from which they migrated down to Ijebu-Ode ??

—————
*Please not that I emphasized “reigning“ because his predecessors don’t say the same. His predecessors uphold the Ife origin as is historical factual and to be expected.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

Try verifying the news also. Not really sure but I know we have deeper migration history maybe from middle east.
We're the only people who bear the name jebu and still popular for practicing fetish stuff like the bible said the jebus did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

You saw the Europeans writeups and your mouth is still w the benin empire

Instead of giving it an undeserved overrated claims

All this one your telling me are Edo history. undecided we have ocean and lagoon we controlled. Tell edo people to stop writing wrong info about us.

You left ijebu people alone and went to search for history you want to believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

Try verifying the news also. Not really sure but I know we have deeper migration history maybe from middle east.
We're the only people who bear the name jebu and still popular for practicing fetish stuff like the bible said the jebus did.
Okay, thanks for the reply.

The next question:
Are you aware of the particular kingdom (in Sudan) from where he said the Ijebu-Odes migrated from.

———————
And I also hope you noticed the part of my footnote where I clarified that this “Sudan” thing is unheard of before in the days of his predecessors.

I should also clarify here that he was talking about himself and his people —viz. Ijebu-Ode. No other Ijebu monarch make any such modern claim

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tao11 I didnt just stumble on this history recently I've knew about these for long.
If you notice that the ijebus has these comon gold brown complexion mix with darker ijebus. I was reading some fact about ancient middle easterners years back and I learnt many stuff back then but I'm not an historian I didnt take proper note of those links.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Yes i agree with that the bini people account was probably economic powers over the Ijebus
Economic power how
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

Shatter wetin? The Benin never cross their boundaries with ijebus. I'm very sure they've been hearing stories about them for long.
They should have tried their luck then maybe by now we'll have areas like ijebu-edo grin
So I don't know who is stronger. All I'm saying that ijebu clan was large enough and we don't need anyone to force us to know that were one.
Benin was busying conquering smaller kingdom and expanding territories but we remain ijebus and expanded our settlement. Hope your noting the difference BT the two bah?
Ijebu is know not to have been under the Oyo empire. Oyo empire was popularly know for stopping the expansion of usman-danfodio jihad . if not we'll have Igbo Muslim today.

If you're not satisfied with these I'll ask you to go tell oba of Benin to send Benin warriors down to to ijebu let test something grin
Our closest brother the egba people will be the one to stop the Benin warriors while ijebus will be doing their normal partying and flexing. tongue
jebu was easily defeated by a mere captain.
oyo "stopped fulani jihad" by being badly beaten into submission by fulani ?
I forgot, you are the same deluded person talking about "jebusite".
You don't need to make sense, you started this thread without sense, why should you have it now.
Also back to reality: Benin army was disbanded in 1897, sending Benin soldiers to conquer jebu would require a time machine, also jebu army was disbanded also prior to 1897... Ofcourse, you don't need to make sense.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:
Okay, thanks for the reply.

The next question:
Are you aware of the particular kingdom (in Sudan) from where he said the Ijebu-Odes migrated from.

———————
And I also hope you noticed the part of my footnote where I clarified that this “Sudan” thing is unheard of before in the days of his predecessors.

I should also clarify here that he was talking about himself and his people —viz. Ijebu-Ode. No other Ijebu monarch make any such modern claim
My family is a royal family from the 26th awujale. We all from epe expanded from ijebu-ode .
I wish we were in one ijebu state not this kind of splitting.
The town in Sudan has a migration legend from the Nile of Egypt but I'm not fully knowledgeable about that for now.

The previous awujales knew ijebus are different but might not want to cause unnecessary troubles for Yoruba scholars. Its only right for ijebu to claim who they are as recently ijebu are educated enough to do more search.

Me myself I've abandoned the search and investigation for long.
That's why I opened the thread if I'll see anyone who did further findings
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:
Tao11 I didnt just stumble on this history recently I've knew about these for long.
It depends on what you call “long”.

Do you mean long before Oba Adetona himself became king?? Obviously no!

My point about this “Sudan” thing being recent is that:

This Sudan thing became prominent with the reigning Awujale, Oba Adetona.

It was unheard of in the days of his predecessors.

His predecessors upheld the age-long history of Ijebu-Ode’s migration from Ife.

2 Likes

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
davidmarker:

You don't need to make sense, you started this thread without sense, why should you have it now.
Also back to reality: Benin army was disbanded in 1897, sending Benin warriors to conquer jebu would require a time machine, also jebu army was disbanded also prior to 1897... Ofcourse, you don't need to make sense.
Lolzzz.... grin
You will soon delete this account just like you did with davidmaker2... grin

1 Like

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:
My family is a royal family from the 26th awujale. We all from epe expanded from ijebu-ode .
I wish we were in one ijebu state not this kind of splitting.
The town in Sudan has a migration legend from the Nile of Egypt but I'm not fully knowledgeable about that for now.

The previous awujales knew ijebus are different but might not want to cause unnecessary troubles for Yoruba scholars. Its only right for ijebu to claim who they are as recently ijebu are educated enough to do more search.

Me myself I've abandoned the search and investigation for long.
That's why I opened the thread if I'll see anyone who did further findings
Thanks for telling me about your family.

Also, don’t focus on information that you can’t verify (like how previous Awujales didn’t want to say something, lol).

Focus instead on my question which you didn’t answer at all. I will ask it again.

The next question:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
Balogunodua:

Lolzzz.... grin
You will soon delete this account just like you did with davidmaker2... grin
I can’t count how many of his monikers I’ve caused him to delete. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2020
davidmarker:

Also back to reality: Benin army was disbanded in 1897, sending Benin soldiers to conquer jebu would require a time machine, also jebu army was disbanded also prior to 1897... Ofcourse, you don't need to make sense.
Where is your evidence of captain?
Follow the thread carefully if you don't have counter evidence of the ancient jebus stop talking rubbing.
There is nothing like jebusite the word was Jebus. No historical meaning for jebu"site" the Palestine are the only one claiming to have connection with jebus.
So we we just started calling ourselves omo-jebu according to you bah?
Omo-jebu meaning descendant from jebu.
If you don't have reasonable thing to say keep-off

1 Like

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:
I can’t count how many of his monikers I’ve caused him to delete. grin
Wasted all his time creating multiple accounts with different email cheesy and still get beaten black and blue with facts... grin

1 Like

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:

Also, don’t focus on information that you can’t verify (like how previous Awujales didn’t want to say something, lol).

Focus instead on my question which you didn’t answer at all. I will ask it again.

The next question:
Yeah wadai Sudan. Awujale has been on the throne from 1960 I guess you're the one the should provide historical record where awujale said we're from ife.
Not until 1937 before awjale met oni.
Who has been writing pro-ife and pro-Oyo history sef undecided

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:

The next question:
There have been no more accountable history pertaining to ijebus. Most of the history books I read after secondary school never capitalized on the ijebu race.
Their focus was on the Oyo empire. And bringing everyone under the Oyo empire , ive not seen any evidence of ijebu under the Oyo empire though
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

There have been no more accountable history pertaining to ijebus. Most of the history books I read after secondary school never capitalized on the ijebu race.
Their focus was on the Oyo empire. And bringing everyone under the Oyo empire , ive not seen any evidence of ijebu under the Oyo empire though
I hope you’re aware I never talked at any point here about Oyo empire.

But to continue my question and answer with you see next reply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

Yeah wadai Sudan. Awujale has been on the throne from 1960 I guess you're the one the should provide historical record where awujale said we're from ife.
Not until 1937 before awjale met oni.
Who has been writing pro-ife and pro-Oyo history sef undecided
Good that you answered that question. That is actually the name of the kingdom which Oba Adetona always point to — the Wadai kingdom.

Next question:
But do you know when Wadai itself was actually founded??

———————
Side Note:
(1.) The classical historical account of the founding of the Ijebu-Ode kingdom from 3 separate waves of migration from Ife was already long captured into writing by the indigenous D.O. Epega since the reign of four different Awujales before the present Awujale came up with “Sudan” recently.

(2) In response to your remark that Awujale never met Ooni:

Go read up on the events that led to the irreversible destruction of Owu-Ipole kingdom till date.

But to prep you, Owu-Ipole was irreversibly destroyed, ruined and grounded till date since circa 1822. Guess who did it!

A combined army of Ife and Ijebu-Ode did it — A fight which was originally an Owu Vs. Ife fight.

But guess why Ijebu-Ode joined in!

Ijebu-Ode felt it was a sacrilegious affront that Owu should even contemplate fighting father-Ife.

This is documented even as early as 1845 by the French author, D’Avezac

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Etinosa1234:
undecided

Werey... How I go dey eye anonymous person?
I no see this b4 but I want warn u never to use such words on me again. I get bad mouth too oo but I go give u this one first.
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by tollyboy5(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:
Good that you answered that question. That is actually the name of the kingdom which Oba Adetona always point to mented even as early as 1845 by the French author, D’Avezac[/size]
A mythical and spiritual ancestral home is different from an archaeological and research base ancestral home.
The wadai also has varient migration legend from ancient Nubian who lived around the Nile. They're decenant of kush the brother of Canaan.
While the jebus where the descendant of jebus son of Canaan.
Expulsion from Israel after series of conquest could have brought the settlement with the kushite. Also sharing similarity with them. Mind you even the kushite were different from Egypt but they were all descendant of ham.
These are mixture of race living together moving down to deeper to west of Sahara not the mythical ife origin of all yoruboid inhabitant.

I'll consider your section of history but ijebu joining to defend ife don't mean king went out of palace now .

Awujale that I know hardly leave the palace and don't go to war front.
Make I finish my client work I consider the fact you shared with me. But I rely my objection on farther historical legend of Sudan migration from early BCEs
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
tollyboy5:
A mythical and spiritual ancestral home is different from an archaeological and research base ancestral home.
Lol! I’m glad you’re taking back some of your funny claims of no ancestral relationship between Ife and Ijebu-Ode.

Moreover:
(1) Can you please educate me on the difference between these two? — (A) A mythical and spiritual ancestral home, and (B) An aRcHaEOlOgIcAl ancestral home.

(2) Also, please inform me on WHY Ijebu-Ode ancestors viewed Ife as their ancestral home (spiritually and mythically).

(3) Can you also clarify what you mean by archaeological ancestral home. Wait! Is that even some word?

(4) Also can you please cite me the peer-reviewed research which concludes that Wadai is the so-called archaeological ancestral home of the Ijebu-Ode people?

———————-
NB: In fact, the evidence with which I would disprove the “Sudan” joke is actually archaeological evidence. Lol.

Don’t forget to provide the answer to my question as seen in my previous comment — let’s keep proceeding from there.

NB: I also decided to ignore your unending references to Biblical memory verses, lol, because it is irrelevant to my discussion with you.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Etinosa1234: 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
gomojam:
I no see this b4 but I want warn u never to use such words on me again. I get bad mouth too oo but I go give u this one first.

Esss... Take am easy...

When I was in Lagos...werey is just a normal slang that people say... If u nor like am,u go talk instead of giving silly warning like Nigerian army wey dey Borno

1 Like

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
@tollyboy5:

Why did you jump/skip and cut out this part of my comment when it is in fact the crux as I did make clear??:

Next question:
But do you know when Wadai itself was actually founded??

Answer this question and let’s keep moving. Discontinue the distractions. They are not necessary, neither are they helpful if you really mean to learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by gregyboy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Balogunodua:

Do yorubas look at prove you making me laugh in the face or proves yorubas wi hijack myth

We ruled the ijebus,

Check d screenshot

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by gregyboy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Balogunodua:

Economic power how

Benin had the political monopoly the ijebu men traded in and collected taxes from their sales

The military weak ijebu couldn't give the binis the treatment we gave to the awori because benin military power would humble them
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Do yorubas look at prove you making me laugh in the face or proves yorubas wi hijack myth

We ruled the ijebus,

Check d screenshot
Screenshot written by who? From which source.... Benin rule Ijebu cheesy joke of the century... grin

1 Like

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Benin had the political monopoly the ijebu men traded in and collected taxes from their sales

The military weak ijebu couldn't give the binis the treatment we gave to the awori because benin military power would humble them
Prove it... cheesy

Humble ko scramble ni..... grin
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
gregyboy:

Prove it... cheesy

Humble ko scramble ni..... grin
Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by TAO11(f): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Balogunodua:

Screenshot written by who? From which source.... Benin rule Ijebu cheesy joke of the century... grin
LMAO!

Even if the poster have a reference for that, Ipoji is not a Yoruba town.

It is an adugbo (i.e. street, ward, quarter, area, etc.) inside of a Yoruba town, viz. Ishagamu.

Ishagamu itself and the whole of Remoland is ruled till date by the Akarigbo of Remoland who is of Ife royal descent from Iremo in Ile-Ife.

What may have happened to those fleeing Binis is that they were given refugee status by Ipoji people subject to the Akarigbos will.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijebu Vs Jebusite by Balogunodua(m): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
TAO11:
LMAO, Ipoji is even a quarter in Ishagamu. Perhaps some fleeing Bini were given refugee status at Ipoji by the then king of Ishagamu, the Akarigbo of Remoland.
The guy is just deluded... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Do You Women Think About Nigerian Men? / NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / Igbo And Yoruba Share The Same Ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.