Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola (35834 Views)

Senate Presidency Race: Tinubu Insists Zoning Should Be To South / 2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum / Rivers Guber: Amaechi Backs Aac's Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Crystalgoldd: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by janedonez(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
Accomplice
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by PHijo(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
APC had no zoning. Unless they lied to us.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by berrystunn(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Useless APC

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by wink2015(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Racoon:
Nigeria especially the north is in turmoil yet these people are only obsessed with an illusionary 2023 presidency that may never come.The best thing to do or talk about is total restructuring or disintegration so that each region can develop @ its own pace.

You have said it all.

Nigeria should be talking about restructuring.

Politicians take advantage of the lopsided structure of Nigeria to be looting the peoples commonwealth.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Arabiandude: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

Including the SW that has already done 8 years of Obasanjo? How exactly is that different from the North contesting?
Oga or whatever you are, Obasanjo 8years presidency was under PDP and not APC.

Fashola, Ameachi and APC are talking about APC rotational presidency and it has nothing to do with who has ruled under PDP before.

APC was birthed mostly by the north and SW, the northern block would end in 2023 and it has to be the turn of the SW, under APC.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Buhari for 3rd term.

Nigerians need to have a feel of hell

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Sunnyja: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
tamdun:
Every southern politicians should speak out
Were are the southern politicians?! The IDPs?!
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by FARA4GA: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3pK1dFSj0

A viral video which has been spotted by our outfit captures the moment an African woman was caught in a local shop stealing a bottle of palm oil after she has already purchased 2.

In the viral video, you could see the woman leaving the shop but was quickly stopped by someone we presume to be the shop owner who was also accompanied by one other man. Upon questioning, the woman denied claims that she had additional bottle in her bag which she did not pay for
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by ClearFlair: 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
Nobody wants PDP or APC again.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Sunnyja: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
Arabiandude:

Fashola, Ameachi and APC are talking about APC rotational presidency and it has nothing to do with who has ruled under PDP before.

APC was birthed mostly by the north and SW, the northern block would end in 2023 and it has to be the turn of the SW, under APC.
Does it mean that GEJ can go to APC and contest since he did his tenure under PDP?! Why can't we just amend the Constitution and allow Buhari to go for third term for equity sake?
No single ethnic group has the monopoly of Selfishness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by amuwo1980: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
The below is only for the wise people on Nairaland...
I got this from my Role model(s) online... [/b]....

Men and women of truth and caliber.

[b]SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 
Trash

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2020
SUiOM:
Igbo is due for presidency

To begin with there is no credible SE candidate in the political arena. By that I mean among the current crop of SE politicians. ofcourse there are numerous qualified capable SE technocrats. Secondly, SE does not deserve it because they have done too much to cause disunity and inflame tensions in the country especially since 2015 which reminds people of their role in derailing the country in the '60s....you dont reward bad behaviour with a promotion. Thirdly the only way the SE will become president is if both parties field a candidate from the SE and thats not going to happen because it is political suicide on the part of any party that presents a SE candidate especially APC. lastly, the electorate have to vote for the SE candidate and the rest of Nigeria is not going to vote for a SE candidate if they have an alternative.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
omenka:
Making too much fuss about this honestly.

APC ticket is going West. PDP can zone theirs anywhere they want, but I feel no one deserves it more than the East.

MY PERSONAL OPINION.
You have no stakes in APC to decide where anything should go

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Athemisia: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
SUiOM:
Igbo is due for presidency
Will Igbo presidency turn Nigeria to paradise?..
It so funny are same Nigeria youths clamouring for better governance keep supporting these criminals in position and their ideology. There are Igbo Governors but their state is still in shambles is it igbo presidency that will change such narrative?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by sacramenzo4(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
politicians with their greediness, the same elrufai dat was in suport of zoning president to the south is now opposing it so they want to continue ruling the south
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by seunmsg(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
Sunnyja:
Does it mean that GEJ can go to APC and contest since he did his tenure under PDP?! Why can't we just amend the Constitution and allow Buhari to go for third term for equity sake?
No single ethnic group has the monopoly of Selfishness.

And who is stoping GEJ from joining APC and contesting? Who?

As far as APC is concerned, the party’s ticket is going to the south. That’s the agreement and so shall it be.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

To begin with there is no credible SE candidate in the political arena. By that I mean among the current crop of SE politicians. ofcourse there are numerous qualified SE technocrats. Secondly, SE does not deserve it because they have done too much to cause disunity and inflame tensions in the country especially since 2015 which reminds people of their role in derailing the country in the '60s....you dont reward bad behaviour with a promotion. Thirdly the only way the SE will become president is if both parties field a candidate from the SE and thats not going to happen because it is political suicide on the part of any party that presents a SE candidate especially APC. lastly, the electorate have to vote for the SE candidate and the rest of Nigeria is not going to vote for a SE candidate if they have an alternative.

So it is the SW that has a credible candidate ni?

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
seunmsg:

And who is stoping GEJ from joining APC and contesting? Who?

As far as APC is concerned, the party’s ticket is going to the south. That’s the agreement and so shall it be.
That is not the stand of APC.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by shizzle11(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
Arabiandude:

[s]Oga or whatever you are, Obasanjo 8years presidency was under PDP and not APC.

APC was birthed mostly by the north and SW, the northern block would end in 2023 and it has to be the turn of the SW, under APC[/s].
stop typing rubbish. Was obasanjo the president of nigeria or guinea conakry?

If we are talking equity, the only 2 regions that should have a say are the SE and NE, the SW should GTFO and STFU! Very greedy bunch and mischievous things.
If you want justice and equity, it should go to the SE and if the SE cant have it then let it remain in the north.

Nonsense

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Athemisia: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
h00Dlounge:
I don't want to see familiar faces in Government come 2023.. YDP all the way
The only reasonable comment so far..
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2020
Arabiandude:

You are dreaming.Turn of the SW indeed.Oya come and take the ticket let's see.That is exactly why another northener will emerge in 2023

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Myhusband(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2020
I pray the North should stick to power till 2023, I don't want them to agree to south turn, this will faster the division of this unprogressive, godforsaken and backward country

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by seunmsg(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

That is not the stand of APC.

Worry about PDP and leave APC alone. Go and write it down today, APC’s ticket is going to the south. All interested southerners will vie for the ticket and we shall support whoever emerges.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

So it is the SW that has a credible candidate ni?

SS, Sw have more credible actors in the political arena that SE at the moment. Amaechi(SS) is credible, Fashola(SW) is credible, Osinbajo(SW) is credible. Who are the SE candidates? Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, Okorocha, Umahi...these are the people you want to present to Nigerians? I would rather have ElRufai than any of those SE names

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
shizzle11:
stop typing rubbish. Was obasanjo the president of nigeria or guinea conakry?

If we are talking equity, the only 2 regions that should have a say are the SE and NE, the SW should GTFO and STFU! Very greedy bunch and mischievous things.
If you want justice and equity, it should go to the SE and if the SE cant have it then let it remain in the north.

Nonsense
Those guys are too greedy and hypocritical!!! If the SW is contesting what moral right then do they have to tell the North not to contest?

If the SW insists on contesting then the North too should contest

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by UCHIHAmask: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
tamdun:

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-zoning-should-be-respected-amaechi-backs-fashola
such a disappointment,at this age nigeria still practises zoning,how then do you claim democracy,i know democracy allows for major population votes...
isn't zoning a kind of idea that fans and keeps tribalism alive,hausa's and yorubas have ruled now igbos want to rule,it doesn't matter if the yoruba,hausa or igbo that would rule again is incompetent,all we care is that he/she is from our tribe,how can you claim "one Nigeria" whit this aberration,this is what blind the youths, how can we grow or agree to make patriotic changes to our system of government like this...
nigeria is an abomination to the name country,we are not supposed to have existed in the first place...
let us RESTRUCTURE OR DIVIDE.....
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

SS, Sw have more credible actors in the political arena that SE at the moment. Amaechi(SS) is credible, Fashola(SW) is credible, Osinbajo(SW) is credible. Who are the SE candidates? Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, Okorocha, Umahi...these are the people you want to present to Nigerians? I would rather have ElRufai than any of those SE names
Who exactly determines Which candidate is credible or not? You?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

Who exactly determines Which candidate is credible or not? You?

Actually Yes!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Dovegrey: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
omenka:
Making too much fuss about this honestly.

APC ticket is going West. PDP can zone theirs anywhere they want, but I feel no one deserves it more than the East.

MY PERSONAL OPINION.
Keep dreaming
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by phorget(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
1 ALHAJI ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA 1960 - 1966

2 CHIEF BENJAMIN NNAMDI AZIKIWE OCTOBER 1, 1963 – JANUARY 16, 1966

3 MAJOR GENERAL JOHNSON THOMAS UMUNNAKWE AGUIYI IRONSI JANUARY 16, 1966 – JULY 29, 1966

4 GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON AUGUST 1, 1966 – JULY 29, 1975

5 GENERAL MURTALA RAMAT MOHAMMED JULY 29, 1975 – FEBRUARY 13, 1976

6 GENERAL OLUSEGUN AREMU OKIKIOLA MATTHEW OBASANJO FEBRUARY 13, 1976 – OCTOBER 1, 1979

7 SHEHU USMAN ALIYU SHAGARI OCTOBER 1, 1979 – DECEMBER 31, 1983

8 MAJOR-GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI DECEMBER 31, 1983 – AUGUST 27, 1985

9 GENERAL IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA AUGUST 27, 1985 – AUGUST 27, 1993

10 CHIEF ERNEST ADEKUNLE OLADEINDE SHONEKAN AUGUST 26, 1993 – NOVEMBER 17, 1993

11 GENERAL SANI ABACHA NOVEMBER 17, 1993 – JUNE 8, 1998

12 GENERAL ABDULSALAMI ALHAJI ABUBAKAR JUNE 9, 1998 – MAY 29, 1999

13 GENERAL OLUSEGUN AREMU OKIKIOLA MATTHEW OBASANJO (RTD) MAY 29, 1999 – 29 MAY, 2007

14 UMARU MUSA YAR'ADUA 29 MAY, 2007 - 5 MAY, 2010

15 DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN 6 MAY, 2010 - 29 MAY, 2015

16 MUHAMMADU BUHARI 29 MAY, 2015 TILL DATE.

What exactly are they zoning?
These people have been ruling us since day one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasted A Journalist In Zamfara Too / 2023: Details Of Tinubu’s Meeting With APC Governors Revealed / Man Donates 27 Vehicles To Peter Obi Presidential Campaign In Imo State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.