Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola (35837 Views)

Senate Presidency Race: Tinubu Insists Zoning Should Be To South / 2023: Zoning Presidency To South "Not A Must" — Zulum / Rivers Guber: Amaechi Backs Aac's Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
wingmanIII:

Shows the level of your ignorance or disdain for history.
The Oyinbo man practically handed over Nigeria to the northerners. Do you know how many military institutions are in Kaduna alone, then all of the north ? Do you know it was the British that stopped the north from leaving Nigeria in 1966 after the coup?
Did you know the British took over the planning and strategy for the civil war when it was obvious to them that Gowon and his quota generals didn't know Jack.?
For you to state that the British handed over a level playing ground even when one of the surviving colonialist admitted to rigging the elections in favor of the north tells me I should not bother arguing with you.

you are the one who is a simpleton and ignoramus. Military had nothing to do with anything until your people struck. the constitution we had gave every region autonomy over it's resources, all the oil was yours, you gave 50% to the centre insted of now where you have none and those who have only keep 13%. It had a referendum clause such that if any region felt it wanted to leave it could. The constitution also stipulated that no region could amend the constitution without approval of at least 2 regions, this meant that despite the North population they could not do anything except one of the regions in the south was in support.

Your greed has always been your undoing!! All the things you are now clamouring for you had in 1966 until your brothers struck. they struck because they wanted to dominate the other regions.

Reasoning with you people is a waste of time. Everything you are fighting for you had in 1966, greed and a need to dominate others got the better of you and thats why it will never be handed over to you again because the North saw what you tried to do when you went into alliance with them in 1960 and what you did when you staged a coup in 1966.. Everything about Nigeria, they reason we will never make progress as a country is down to the actions of the Se in 1960-70 and a feeling by the North that they must never be in control of absolute power. The reason we have states not regions is because of you, the reason we have no control of our resources is because of you, the reason we have a powerful centre and weak states and local govts is because of you. If you dont understand that you dont know your history, if you dont know your history you are wandering into the future like a blind man!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nanavati(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
Is zoning constitutional?
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
Vistra40:

My friend, I know what credibility is. But you lumping Peter Obi and David Umahi in the category of Rochas Okorocha and Orji Uzor Kalu shows how mischievous you are. Unlike some of you whose judgement lens of performance is partisan, I rate leaders regardless of their party affiliation. I will pick a Zulum anytime any day above an Ikpeazu. I would also pick a makinde(I hear he is doing well) over a Yahaya Bello.
David Umahi has done tremendously well in developing his state and Peter Obi was a prudent manager of resources and at the same time a good administrator. I agree that Osinbajo and Fashola(as governor) are credible too. So you are wrong Sir to say no credible SE politician except deep down you hate the idea of a President of Igbo extraction

What is Peter Obi's achievements? that he didnt borrow, that he saved money? that he didnt go to abuja with convoy? show that your brain is bigger than that. that shows he doesnt know how to govern. All governments have to borrow to provide infrastructure that will generate development and taxes. the road you dont borrow to build today will cost you in the future and will cost a lot more when you finally have to build it and you will have to build it one day. The education you dont borrow to provide will cost you later in terms of poor people, unemployment, crime and low taxes from low paying jobs. Only a fool says its a good thing he didnt borrow....all goverments borrow. The US just borrowed over $2trillion during covid because to not borrow will cost the economy more in the long run. Penny wise pound foolish!!! thats Peter Obi!!!

I suppose you also missed the part where i said "there are plenty of credible Ibo technocrats" just not in politics. The dregs of Ibos society are the ones in Politics
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by wingmanIII: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

you are the one who is a simpleton and ignoramus. Military had nothing to do with anything until your people struck. the constitution we had gave every region autonomy over it's resources, all the oil was yours, you gave 50% to the centre insted of now where you have none and those who have only keep 13%. It had a referendum clause such that if any region felt it wanted to leave it could. The constitution also stipulated that no region could amend the constitution without approval of at least 2 regions, this meant that despite the North population they could not do anything except one of the regions in the south was in support.

Your greed has always been your undoing!! All the things you are now clamouring for you had in 1966 until your brothers struck. they struck because they wanted to dominate the other regions.

Reasoning with you people is a waste of time. Everything you are fighting for you had in 1966, greed and a need to dominate others got the better of you and thats why it will never be handed over to you again because the North saw what you tried to do when you went into alliance with them in 1960 and what you did when you staged a coup in 1966.. Everything about Nigeria, they reason we will never make progress as a country is down to the actions of the Se in 1960-70 and a feeling by the North that they must never be in control of absolute power. The reason we have states not regions is because of you, the reason we have no control of our resources is because of you, the reason we have a powerful centre and weak states and local govts is because of you. If you dont understand that you dont know your history, if you dont know your history you are wandering into the future like a blind man!!!

" Military has nothing to do with anything"
So naive! So simplistic.
No point arguing with you.
I believe you will grow up some day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by marsman: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
shizzle11:
The north can rule for another 8years since some slaves in the south are so greedy and stupid
I concur with this, all this south east Politicians, jumping from one party to the another, trying to reap were they did not sow, Trying to use Biafra to black mail us, when their major aim is to frustrate the present Government. Extremely greedy and stupid set of People, always trying to lick there there fulani's masters ass to satisfaction cheesy
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
wingmanIII:

" Military has nothing to do with anything"
So naive! So simplistic.
No point arguing with you.
I believe you will grow up some day.

if the military was such a factor and the North was favoured, how come an Ibo gang staged a coup in the North and Killed the North's 2 most revered leaders under their noses? How come the most senoir people in the military at the time were from the SW and SE? Military only became a factor when your overzealous people struck.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2020
tamdun:

Exactly, all region in South can contest but it shouldn't go back to North

You must be dreaming. Its either the south east ir the south south. If the south west wanna play games then the north should continue.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by wingmanIII: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2020
Vistra40:

My friend, I know what credibility is. But you lumping Peter Obi and David Umahi in the category of Rochas Okorocha and Orji Uzor Kalu shows how mischievous you are. Unlike some of you whose judgement lens of performance is partisan, I rate leaders regardless of their party affiliation. I will pick a Zulum anytime any day above an Ikpeazu. I would also pick a makinde(I hear he is doing well) over a Yahaya Bello.
David Umahi has done tremendously well in developing his state and Peter Obi was a prudent manager of resources and at the same time a good administrator. I agree that Osinbajo and Fashola(as governor) are credible too. So you are wrong Sir to say no credible SE politician except deep down you hate the idea of a President of Igbo extraction
Hatred has made that idiot totally unreasonable.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by wingmanIII: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

if the military was such a factor and the North was favoured, how come an Ibo gang staged a coup in the North and Killed the North's 2 most revered leaders under their noses? How come the most senoir people in the military at the time were from the SW and SE? Military only became a factor when your overzealous people struck.
So why didn't the coup succeed but the counter coup was successful?
A tip: How many senior military officers carry rifles?
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

Are you crying or you are lamenting?
You sound so irritating....

You call 1966 coup nzeogbu coup,is nzeogbu from se?

Before you start crying over what I said,I ain't Igbo...n please don't bother replying
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
wingmanIII:

So why didn't the coup succeed but the counter coup was successful?

because like most things fron the SE, they are not strategic thinkers. Same way the Civil war failed. They sufferrred from the SE disease of being driven by Ego and not brain. If there is one thing you have to give the North credit for they are strategic thinkers...after all theyve checkmated us all especially you people.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
Greenback:

Are you crying or you are lamenting?
You sound so irritating....

You call 1966 coup nzeogbu coup,is nzeogbu from se?

Before you start crying over what I said,I ain't Igbo...n please don't bother replying

Nzeogwu is no more Ibo again....na wah oh
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by cktheluckyman: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

You are stating the obvious, I never mentioned Tinubu in my write up..I dont want him as president. Understand one thing, if a SW candidate is put forward by APC, it will mean he is backed by the North. Nobody becomes president of Nigeria without the backing of the North...everybody knows that. The very reason why a SE candidate will never be president is that the North will NEVER back a SE candidate, go back into your history of the 1966coup to understand why.
The very reason no one from the SW will become president in 2023 is because the North will never agree to idea of power shift.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by tamdun: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

You people know you are lying that jona never neglected you people. It's just Tinubu propaganda
Blame Tinubu for not supporting a SW candidate for the speaker.
Oya na, tell what he did for south west, I take God beg u

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by joe120120(m): 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
tamdun:

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-zoning-should-be-respected-amaechi-backs-fashola

Old fools .
we don't need this old chicks if nigeria still exist till 2022 ,then the youth of this country should come out to rule naija
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by wingmanIII: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

because like most things fron the SE, they are not strategic thinkers. Same way the Civil war failed. They sufferrred from the SE disease of being driven by Ego and not brain. If there is one thing you have to give the North credit for they are strategic thinkers...after all theyve checkmated us all especially you people.

You are just being vague. Answer the question if you know the answer.
Strategic thinkers and the civil war ( police action according to Gowon) lasted 3yrs even when one side practically had zero ammunition?
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

The very reason no one from the SW will become president in 2023 is because the North will never agree to idea of power shift.

That is very possible but one thing for sure is that an Ibo man will not become president. we all serve at the pleasure of the North thanks to Nzeogwu, Ironsi and Ojukwu. If they decide to hand power to the south it will either be SW or SS, 100% not SE!!! They may patronise you by making noise to make you think they are considering it but they know deep down they have no intention of handing power to the people that killed Sardauna and Balewa!
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by danilmo: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
Deepthoughts:
No!, let's call a spade by it real name,the presidency should go to the SE by 2023 for equity sake,but characters like umahi who has shown himself to be loud mouth should not be considered,my best choice would be Peter obi, before anyone attacks me, I'm not igbo but from the NC.

so u mean APC should feed Peter Obi that PDP won't even think of??

abi wetin u mean,
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

Nzeogwu is no more Ibo again....na wah oh

Nzeogbu is from old bendel now delta state..
Are you now agreeing finally that the deltas is part of biafra
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by marsman: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dovegrey:

Ewedu who need your vote self
The next president of Nigeria, who is definitely not going to be an Igbo person
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

That is very possible but one thing for sure is that an Ibo man will not become president. we all serve at the pleasure of the North thanks to Nzeogwu, Ironsi and Ojukwu. If they decide to hand power to the south it will either be SW or SS, 100% not SE!!! They may patronise you by making noise to make you think they are considering it but they know deep down they have no intention of handing power to the people that killed Sardauna and Balewa!

4kU.. You ain't God. Nobody handed power to gej an Ijaw man,yar a'dua died.
If God says an Igbo nan will be president,who the hell are you?
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2020
Greenback:

Nzeogbu is from old bendel now delta state..
Are you now agreeing finally that the deltas is part of biafra

are you saying delta ibo is not part of Biafra because when it comes time for Ipob you will start carving regions saying they are Biafra.

Nzeogwu is Ibo whether his village now falls into present day Biafra is neither here nor there. He is Ibo just as those from Ilorin are yoruba.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by danilmo: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2020
Greenback:

You must be dreaming. Its either the south east ir the south south. If the south west wanna play games then the north should continue.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2020
Greenback:

4kU.. You ain't God. Nobody handed power to gej an Ijaw man,yar a'dua died.
If God says an Igbo nan will be president,who the hell are you?

Let us see if God will say so. He hasnt said the last 60 years sha!
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Vistra40: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

What is Peter Obi's achievements? that he didnt borrow, that he saved money? that he didnt go to abuja with convoy? show that your brain is bigger than that. that shows he doesnt know how to govern. All governments have to borrow to provide infrastructure that will generate development and taxes. the road you dont borrow to build today will cost you in the future and will cost a lot more when you finally have to build it and you will have to build it one day. The education you dont borrow to provide will cost you later in terms of poor people, unemployment, crime and low taxes from low paying jobs. Only a fool says its a good thing he didnt borrow....all goverments borrow. The US just borrowed over $2trillion during covid because to not borrow will cost the economy more in the long run. Penny wise pound foolish!!! thats Peter Obi!!!

I suppose you also missed the part where i said "there are plenty of credible Ibo technocrats" just not in politics. The dregs of Ibos society are the ones in Politics

There is nothing wrong about borrowing. What matters is for the borrowed funds to be used judiciously on their intended purposes. You know very well that in Nigeria, borrowed funds are mismanaged by our leaders most of the time. Secondly, most of our leaders embark on projects that are not immediate priorities to the masses. They only do that so they can create a means to loot money. A good administrator knows what projects are important priorities and embark on them. If the resources at his disposal is not sufficient to execute such a project, then he can go a borrowing. So long as those priority projects serve the masses efficiently and brings about development that further affects the economy positively, money would be raised to pay back the loan owed in due time and there would be savings eventually. A good administrator should be able to leave a state richer than he meets it.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by marsman: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2020
cktheluckyman:

likewise a SW backed Yoruba candidate has never won the Presidency.Obasanjo was installed by the North.Obafemi Awolowo contested thrice and failed thrice.The same fate awaits Tinubu
You know why this is, because of the betraying Coward we have down east, they have nothing good to offer but they want to rule.
Time has change, it is either the North bends or they break to the sw
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
Vistra40:

There is nothing wrong about borrowing. What matters is for the borrowed funds to be used judiciously on their intended purposes. You know very well that in Nigeria, borrowed funds are mismanaged by our leaders most of the time. Secondly, most of our leaders embark on projects that are not immediate priorities to the masses. They only do that so they can create a means to loot money. A good administrator knows what projects are important priorities and embark on them. If the resources at his disposal is not sufficient to execute such a project, then he can go a borrowing. So long as those priority projects serve the masses efficiently and brings about development that further affects the economy positively, money would be raised to pay back the loan owed in due time and there would be savings eventually. A good administrator should be able to leave a state richer than he meets it.

I agree. For peter Obi to be touting how he saved the state money as an achievement but leaving nothing to show for it is farcical! if he was such a sait and a good custodial of the states resources, then that was the time to borrow and build lasting infrastructure. if anything it is better for the regime of an honest man (if he is as honest as he claims) to borrow heavily and build infrastructure that will be of use to the masses so that the next man (if he is a thief) will be saddled with repayments and not be at such liberty to borrow to loot because the states account is in the black.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by salam8528: 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
etrouble:

So that the killings and maiming can continue in the North? You are a deep thinking. But sorry, that won’t happen. A Southern President will be better, he will just ignore them while Boko Haram kills the remaining educated Almajaris
And if they are done with the educated almajiri they will turn to the South and start killing the educated baby factory baby and the skull miners. Mumu.
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
danilmo:

See the way u talk as if APC has respect for ur opinion..lol, 5% boasting,

see APC has perfected her game to the extent that they dont need ur vote before winning.. U guys suddenly so concerned about how APC want to do their thing. wonderful..

Sifia pains grin

Keep consoling your arsse...we will make sure the north continues grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by bigfish3k: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
tamdun:

Oya na, tell what he did for south west, I take God beg u
He nominated a Yoruba from osun state to be speaker but tinubu thwarted it and opted for tambuwal.
His chief of defense staff was a Yoruba
His chief of air staff was Yoruba
Civil defense comptroller General was a Yoruba
Demola Seriki, adewunmi adeshina, obanikoro etc were all ministers under Jonathan.

Even from number one to five positions in the country there was no igbo.
1.jonathan
2.namadi sambo
3.david mark
4.tambuwal
5.chief judge who was a northerner

So what the hell have you people been shouting that he dominated his cabinet with Igbo's.
Oya explain this your propaganda against igbos.

As far as I am concerned Jonathan favoured the north more

Oya name the igbos let's see the dominance you are talking about.
Don’t also forget that Yoruba man preceded Jonathan with all the enjoyment therein

1 Like

Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
isthatso:

are you saying delta ibo is not part of Biafra because when it comes time for Ipob you will start carving regions saying they are Biafra.

Nzeogwu is Ibo whether his village now falls into present day Biafra is neither here nor there. He is Ibo just as those from Ilorin are yoruba.
Good. So you and your people should no longer lose sleep with your "attached by force" ewedu rants. grin
Re: 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola by Greenback: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

He nominated a Yoruba from osun state to be speaker but tinubu thwarted it and opted for tambuwal.
His chief of defense staff was a Yoruba
His chief of air staff was Yoruba
Civil defense comptroller General was a Yoruba
Demola Seriki, adewunmi adeshina, obanikoro were all ministers under Jonathan.

Even from number one to five positions in the country there was no igbo.
1.jonathan
2.namadi sambo
3.david mark
4.tambuwal
5.chief judge who was a northerner

So what the hell have you people been shouting that he dominated his cabinet with Igbo's.
Oya explain this your propaganda against igbos.

As far as I am concerned Jonathan favoured the north more
And till today,Adeshina has remained relevant internationally. These people are so ungrateful.

Tamdun or whatever you call yourself,please respond to this,thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics / Pictures And Video From Buhari's Campaign In Oyo Today / Simeon Nwankwo, Soludo's Father Dies At 92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.