Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44131 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Eshence: 9:14am On Dec 12, 2020
Use brown sugar and lemon to scrub ur body from head to toe twice a month
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by billyG(m): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2020
I noticed that deodorant gives me lumps in ma armpits,I stopped using it forever,that thing can give cancer...for yur armpits odour detox yur body...drink green juice from bitterleaf,ugu,scent leaves, cabbages,lemon juices avoid fresh fishes,meat, garlic.
Rub strong medicated soap on armpits & sleep with it overnight.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:56am On Dec 12, 2020
Osyxcel:

Some body sprays do cause acne (not boil) due to clogging of the skin pores. Sometimes, it's because the deodorant is sprayed too close to the body, while some are just not compatible with one's skin.

Hmmm nice one. Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Dornne: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2020
Please get alum and use it as roll on. There is no kind of body odour it can not cure.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Wisedove(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2020
bummyla:
Are you on any medication? Sometime some medications give us body odor! My son has that anytime he sweats, I am just waiting for him to ask for help before I step in.
You do not have to wait for him to ask for help before you step in. You are the father and you should be responsible for the well-being of your son. He might not even realize that he is having the body whenever he sweats or perhaps he does but he might find it difficult to approach anyone for help.

On the hand, you as the father might not know the right time or the right approach to use in engaging him in the conversation but sir, no approach is better!
Call him and start with a very friendly or funny conversation (you can use football, girlfriend,games or anything you know he is fond of) then in between the conversation ship in your topic when the aviation is at it peak.
He will be very glad you cared about him and he will always come to you whenever he is having other issues

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2020
billyG:
I noticed that deodorant gives me lumps in ma armpits,I stopped using it forever,that thing can give cancer...for yur armpits odour detox yur body...drink green juice from bitterleaf,ugu,scent leaves, cabbages,lemon juices avoid fresh fishes,meat, garlic.
Rub strong medicated soap on armpits & sleep with it overnight.
Thanks
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2020
mrprolifik:

Do you use spices alot when cooking? If you use a lot of Ingredients like curry, garlic or even too much onions try to reduce or eliminate it for a while and see if you notice any difference.
I guess onion is the culprit here, I have been eating noodles lately.
And I there must be enough onions and geisha
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ijeky: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2020
- Get baking soda not baking powder
- Add corn starch and neem powder
- Add coconut oil to form a paste
- Add a little fragrance if possible
Use as ur deodorant.

You can consult me to get you odour control bathing black soap.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2020
sam4noow:
bro pls avoid long talk they typed and avoid using expensive bath soap..

Buy Okin bath soap and thank me for the rest of ur life.... it's sold for just 70naira,... it works like magic....

I believe you wil always remember me for this after using it...
I tried the soap before, I notice it works mostly for general body ordour because it wasn't effective in my case.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2020
fineboynl:
are you eating garlic.
No, but I like onions a lot
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by iv2000: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable,we know this must have been very uncormfortable not only to you,but even those around you. BODY ODOUR is caused by Micro dirt from skin.The bacteria that breaks down sweat is largely linked to the apocrine gland.We fine these glands in genital area,eyelids,breast ear & the armpits where most times Body Odour Comes From. Most times, a simple good body Hygiene can keep body odour far away from us by: Taking a shower twice a day,scrubbing pubic area as well as having a clean shave.Secondly,make sure you don't repeat clothes,laundry as soon as you pull off without storing for later. I guarantee you there's a solution to BODY ODOUR... You can reach me on: 08035055298.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Emeth: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?
Apply Mentholated dusting in your armpit after bathing.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Salmahta: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2020
Shave regularly and use deodorant

Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Votukpa(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Baking soda
Two fingers on each arm pit after bath or shower

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Owologbo(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

You don't know what body odour is. The smell from your armpit is as a result of sweat. You can change deodorant if the one you are using is not good for your skin.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Ayandokun2000: 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar for people way get body odour

What a senseless comment undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by nasdrapman: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
Avoid meat and spicy food then visit the doctor
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Koolyarn: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
Sorry that I am seeing this now.

I used to have body odor
Here is how I managed to.

1. Shaving my armpit
2. Not using cream near my armpit especially at the back side
3. Using lemon or lime regularly on the armpit
4. There is this oil powder , Ponds I think, that I apply at the armpit that prevent excessive sweating in my armpit.
5. Apply a good perfume on your inner wear not on the outside clothe. This help deaden the smell

Stop using soaps that leave oil on your skin surface
One final advise. What were you doing or avoiding (food, juice ) that you did during the time you notice that you don't have this body odor.. avoiding onions, garlic etc

Use deo.cool detol incase you need

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by donemenike: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
I think you should try Dr mist, it will go a long way for you

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by nutripotherbals: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
For mouth odour solution

www.nutripotherbals.com/solution

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SplendidE(f): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2020

Ever heard of Longrich international?
Youu should Order for our Longrich Antiperspirant Rollon and bamboo soap and see the difference.

Results are visible within a few weeks
Chat me on 07036241865 to order
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SplendidE(f): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Ever heard of Longrich international?
Youu should Order for our Longrich Antiperspirant Rollon and bamboo soap and see the difference.

Results are visible within a few weeks
Chat me on 07036241865 to order

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by popizaino(m): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Try power house roll on .....it keeps your armpit dry for 48hrs and as no side effect.

I'm sure it will work for you before you try out using lemon

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by cevek11: 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
Reachable:

What I have not seen in the comments is change of cloths, especially inner wear.
If you don't have, then get them and always keep them clean. You may want to wash in high temperature (use washing machine, more convenient)

This will kill the germs that may be living there.

Then do other things
Bath often
Use antibacterial soap
Shave hair regularly
Keep area dry

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Reachable:
Change clothes 3 times a day? In this busy Lagos?
IT WIL HELP ALOT
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Amazingift01(f): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
Why don't you try Nivea deodorant the white one.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SAVAGEBETS: 5:46am On Dec 15, 2020
sagieramos:

It does only for the moment but will cease after washing the mouth. As for those Indians that smells of garlic, it's cause by excessive sulfate in the gall due to over consumption of garlic. The same garlic in moderation can also eliminates most bacterias including those that causes body odour
You just put in the same clause there now, "Over consumption of garlic". Garlic is still the cause, unless you want to recommend a dosage.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by nutripotherbals: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2020
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Akano5(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2021
am finding my own solution too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.