Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44091 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Worksunlimited: 4:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

Shave your body and arm pit hairs regularly...

Take your bath, at least 2ce a day

Eat healthy

Take antibiotics (Beecham Ampliclox)

Use a nice smelling deodorant, that suits your skin type ( since you complained of seeing boils under your pits, while using a particular brand of deodorant, you should have changed to another one, the very first day you noticed it)
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by destinyoduwa: 4:36am On Dec 12, 2020
Firstly you need to check yourself properly.. Your body is overheating for 2 different reason if you know you are guilty of this two things am about to mention try as much as you can to stop it right away..
1. Heavy masturbating. you are masturbating like four times a day or even one time a day, stop it cause it is going to trigger body overheating and you are definitely going to have strong body odor
2. Toto killer if you are always having sex like male cock you are definitely going to have this very strong body odor that you made mentioned off.. Thank me later
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Osyxcel(m): 4:47am On Dec 12, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:
Hmmm... All you need do is maintain a healthy lifestyle and good hygiene... Have your bath regularly and on time too... As for the body spray giving you boils, i will like to know the type of body sprays you used that caused the boils cos I wear body sprays and roll Ons steady and i don't experience that...

Some body sprays do cause acne (not boil) due to clogging of the skin pores. Sometimes, it's because the deodorant is sprayed too close to the body, while some are just not compatible with one's skin.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by madjune(m): 5:45am On Dec 12, 2020
Do you repeat the same clothes without washing?

Do you shave your armpit
Regularly?

Do you skip bathing at night before bedtime?

Do you allow daytime/hustle sweat to dry on you?

If you fail in any of these; overtime you will likely have body odour.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SeniorGee(m): 5:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Always shave your pubic areas clean
Cut juicy lemon in two halves, rubb in your armpit for at least 30mins before bathing. Don't use again after bathing. Do this at least twice daily.
Always stay in a well ventilated environment
Check what you eat also, less of fatty foods
Some exercise will help to burn off fat and cleanse the skin through sweating.
Bath as often as possible.
Hope this helps.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by jimmynauty: 5:53am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.

i. check your food intake
ii. fruitfast for some days. eat raw fruits only
iii. mercy covenant

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by missjane: 5:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Use apple cider vinegar, Bragg especially, pour little on cotton wool and wipe your armpits immediately after bathing, it blocks bacteria causing odours throughout the day. Then while washing your clothes, use bleach and nice smelling detergent to minimise the effect of the former sweat on it..then apply your perfume sparingly on your cloth, with that Apple cider vinegar, you can also apply lil roll on of Ur choice . Eventually when you see a good dermatologist, there's a minor surgery they do under the armpits to reduce excessive sweating. Kind regards!

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Oesophagus99(m): 6:03am On Dec 12, 2020
first of all,stop using too much deodorant most of them have chemicals that's meant to stick the bad odour in suppression so that customers will buy product forever

Remedy 1) Tear lime, lemon or orange: use it to scrub ur armpits in from upwards to downward position... do this as frequen as u can in a product of one week and see.
u can as well use any oda fruits but not products of fruits flavours

Secondly, All bar soaps are oil based. maybe ur skin or soap is to oily and tend to stick microscopic fats or dust upon you, and thereby covering ur healthy pores

Remedy 2) rinse/wash ur entire body with ordinary water whilst scrubbing very well ur palms to clear off microscopic dust and fats befr applying soap and rinse of the soap with sufficient clean water whilst u avoid contamination of bucket water with excess oil from soap(i.e if na bucket u dey tek baff)
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Jimmy231: 6:05am On Dec 12, 2020
DontTradeUrSoul:
Try and see a Dermatologist, cos I don't know much about body odour but this guy's story below really shocked me.

Confirmed Initiation! You were having sex with that the demon possessed and think the mixing of your both blood would not grant the demon legal Access into your Life? Demons love to have many humans enslaved under them, same demon has brought your roommate under his influence through you. One thing we should all Take Note here is the fact that everyone that testify as "Sleep Paralysis" Victim always say they still vividly remember the first time it happened. All over the Internet, they say they see or fearfully feel humanoid or dark Force grabbing or Pressing them downward. It's a decending into demonic dimension or lower spiritual plane where by the demon used your Soul's Energy till it has finished whatever he wants to do and release you. Someone passing through this can never fully fulfill the Original Glorious Purpose for which he or she was created. Locate the closest MFM Church their 3 Days Deliverance program during which you yourself have to verbaly fervently Pray by decreeing that the Blood of JESUS Son of YAHWEH should forgive you and permanently destroy the Authority you gave the demon and restore your Life's Legal ground that you lost to the demon through the Sex with the girl that was his property. Chase the demon out of your Life and ask HOLY SPIRIT to permanently take Control your Life and thoughts so that he shall never have space to return into
No be everything be spiritual jor shey na today we they hear sleep paralysis ni so far you done know no fear learn how to manage it MFM KO BBC ni
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Unified07: 6:06am On Dec 12, 2020
Wisedove:
I noticed that most of the people that are using bleaching/skin lighting cream have one body odor or another.
If by chance you are using any of the so called skin lighting cream, i will advise you to give it a break and go natural perhaps by using shea butter(refined one) but if there is no any positive change after three weeks then it might be an internal issue which requires the attention of an expert.

Hot movate,
Caro White
White Secret among others.
You see these creams listed above are fountain of body odor most expecially that white secret; what baffles me most is why those using it are not aware of it, while some do not noticed it because they use aromatic soap, perfumes, roll on, which surpresses the foul smell.

Call on Mr lalasticlala so that you can get more suggestions and perhaps expert advises when it get to front page.
You said it all this is why I run from gals that bleach no matter how beautiful they are
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Jimmy231: 6:13am On Dec 12, 2020
It depends on the origin ,you know like alomo bitters
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Jimmy231: 6:15am On Dec 12, 2020
This nonesense of duplicating other people comment must stop...U na they mad ni . No mind them
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2020
Wisedove:
I noticed that most of the people that are using bleaching/skin lighting cream have one body odor or another.
If by chance you are using any of the so called skin lighting cream, i will advise you to give it a break and go natural perhaps by using shea butter(refined one) but if there is no any positive change after three weeks then it might be an internal issue which requires the attention of an expert.

Hot movate,
Caro White
White Secret among others.
You see these creams listed above are fountain of body odor most expecially that white secret; what baffles me most is why those using it are not aware of it, while some do not noticed it because they use aromatic soap, perfumes, roll on, which surpresses the foul smell.

Call on Mr lalasticlala so that you can get more suggestions and perhaps expert advises when it get to front page.
Thanks, but I don't do bleaching cream. Don't even use cream
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2020
Zontage:
The truth is that you will get many answers here within the next few hours. But then, our body system differs. What worked for me might not work for you.

Your best bet is to visit a dermatologist, make sure you outline everything to him/her as you have done now. Let your treatment start from there.

NB: I said dermatologist and not a roadside nurse.
Thanks
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Geenosko: 6:47am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Pray about it.
This has gone beyond the physical
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Agugbadin: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2020
The best approach is take your bath at least twice a day and use Deodorant. I will recommend OLD SPICE SWAGGER, that will solve the problem it will not give boil you will be happy. It will suppress the odour for you.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2020
colizee:
It depends what part of your body the odour is coming from....if it's from your ampit? Oga shave, wash properly and always apply antiperspirant.

Also generally, take your bath regularly. And for now avoid eating things like garlic, too much onions, curry, any food with strong smell and hope you are not alcoholic.
I am doing all these, in fact because I sweat I do bath regularly.
But as for onions and the rest, I want to believe they could be contributory.
I eat onions and alcohol
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 6:51am On Dec 12, 2020
Akuruoulo:

Take, bath regularly, drink water often, and change ur clothes 3 times per day. Avoid hot arena
Change clothes 3 times a day? In this busy Lagos?
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Reachable: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2020
ORLAHOLUWA:
Bro I experience the same thing den just buy lime orange and scrub it under ur armpit when ever u wanna take ur bath
Thanks Bro
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by mightiersa: 7:17am On Dec 12, 2020
You have to go back to Deodorant... This time around, use Old Spice™. You have to step up your personal hygiene too. Shave your under arm hairs and bath at least two times in a day.

Another rare thing to avoid, stop having sex with multiple women... Above all, your regular girlfriend should be neat too.

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by jospepper(m): 7:23am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

I will show you you a cheap solution only if you have the faith to use it.

Buy Sodium Bicarbonate, take 1 table spoon and mix in 20cl of water.

After you finish bathing, dry your armpit and spray or rub some quantity and allow to dry.

Put it in a little spray bottle and carry it along. Before long the odour will disappear.

I said Sodium Bicarbonate not Baking soda, you will find it in shops that sell baking supplies. It is a natural substance and it is not corrosive.

It will help you.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Coldplay007(f): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2020
Use sure roll on... just as effective..
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by churro: 7:37am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Hello, I was in your shoes some six years ago. Roll- on gave me lumps under my armpit. so I stopped. I researched and now use Milk of Magnesia (in big blue containers) poured into Roll on bottles. it is safe and effective. Been using it since. I don't perspire and smell. and I'm a woman. Try it. cheers!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Deelola(f): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2020
kay29000:

The most powerful/effective deodorant I know. Great suggestion.
old spice is underrated. Two of my colleagues had the same body odour,smelling like onion.I recommended old spice deodorant,the rest is history and they keep thanking me.Except the situation is spiritual, try old spice deodorant. it is 1,400 on jumia

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by leonard509(m): 8:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
Sissy3 help a brother ooo
08092651191(whatsapp me)
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

switch to a vegetarian, healthy diet

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by shakir0802: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2020
use palm oil rub it infact rub it all over ur body like 20minutes and used m-salt to bath try it like 4 to 5 time
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nwafancy: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2020
Go ND buy Ghana black soap.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Realreeta: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2020
Form a paste with palmkernel oil and sulphur. Use this two times daily for seven days...
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Usainbolt138: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Reachable:

Reachable:

always apply aluminum sulfate also known as alum in your armpit after taking a shower or rub it in your armpit and some part of your body.....it �% work

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by iStorage: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2020
Mumben:
Get lemon, cut in two and use it to rub ur armpit after bathing it has drying effect which will control excessive sweating thereby eliminating d odour.
do this 10mins before bathing, morning and night then come back for testimony.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.