Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44092 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why not visit a dermatologist, this could be your skin secreting these bad odour, maybe due to allergy or abnormal hormone levels.
dermatologist ke cheesy
this one might just be a simple matter of body hygiene
just washing or airing your clothes when u sweat and bathing with good soap twice a day would just do the trick

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ngwababe(f): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

I do these often, these days just give it some time after bathing boom the odour starts.

Don't use any deodorant immediately after shaving your armpit, it causes the boils. Just shave at nights before bathing and apply deodorant in the morning.

Use lime to scrub your armpit every night, at least for a week.

Bath regularly even when going nowhere.

Drinking enough water, at least 3litres(6satchets of water) helps too.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by deavicky(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Alway open ur hand
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by meeky247: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
stop eating too much red meat. eat red meat ones on awhile.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by fineboynl(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?
are you eating garlic.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by nereushouse(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please don't use any anti perspirants, it will results to same boils. Do these please :
1. Shave ur armpit bald every two days. Buy Gillette for good shaving.
2. When bathing concentrate you sponge scrubbing on your armpit. When I mean scrubbin, like you're washing rug. Do this thoroughly like four times a week. But, be careful not to injure your.
Observe your body odour improvements after two weeks, if it smells, then do the Lemon thing somone advised above or your visit dermatologist as also advised by somone above.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by whymyheart: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please if you are reading this kindly stop eating red meat and those body spray will add to your bad situation most especially meat just avoid and use nivea roll on and your body soap counts a lot because of ingredient used to produce it don’t use medicated soap look for fragrance free soup and those imperial leather soap or bleaching soap are not good just go big shop and buy good imported body wash and stay away from curry and garlic is good when grounded to make stew but avoid suya which is red meat.Above all,most of this are gastrointestinal disease and eat less and avoid oily food and milk don’t wear one pant twice and buy many towel use one and replace and wash your private part and back of your neck

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by MMXX: 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Always Shave your armpits

use metholated spirit afterwards
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Gabbriell: 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
Regular bath with medicated soap will do.

Avoid rubbing too much cream any reduce salt intake...should in case you sweat alot.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Juliearth(f): 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.

I doubt if you can get sound advise on this issue here. Moreso, people who have experienced this may be shy/scared to share their experience and what worked for them for the fear of being trolled. However, I think I stumbled upon a post where someone added lime/lemon to his bathing water to combat this same issue. Since yours is just from your armpit, you can cut a lime/lemon into two and massage the juice on your armpit before you shower. Also, There is a page on instagram that claims to have a set for body odour. I am not sure if I can drop their handle here, I dont want to get banned ( quote me though if its possible).

Have you tried studying the pattern of reoccurrence? I think there must be a trigger. It must be something that you are doing or not doing. Maybe you should keep a journal. Take note of all the steps that you take in respect to ameliorating this problem... Also, when it reoccures, you must have taken note of the food/drinks, soap, cream and other hygiene products that you have used in the nearest past and maybe figure out which is the trigger.

As an added tip, you may want to consider using dudu osun soap as is it has deep cleansing effect on the skin.

Above all, even if you have to resort to these tips and the others you may have gotten on this thread, see a dermatologist! Good luck!!
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by luminouz(m): 10:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
seanwiIIiam:
@ennon92 I thought I was the only one. I've observed the trend for a while now undecided

I swear its fuqin funny. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by merits(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Stop masturbating it causes body odour.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

use hypo ...rub it on your armpit ,around your neck and chest ,and every part that brings out odour leave it for an hour then bath ..do it like twice a week

in a month it will be gone
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Juliearth(f): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mumben:
Get lemon, cut in two and use it to rub ur armpit after bathing it has drying effect which will control excessive sweating thereby eliminating d odour.

Hi! Dont you think this should come before he showers? Limes/lemons are too acidic and leaving it on one's skin for an extended period of time may cause burns or other reactions.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by merits(m): 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Garbage in garbage out arrest, it's just by luck.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Shampoo77: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Go for Longrich rollon and thank me later.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by modsAREuselesss: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
change your food. maybe u are a canibal or u eat dogs

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by akphrat(m): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
bigcee:

Palm oil? grin lwkmd grin
that's the natural cure for Body odour. If you believe in it.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
* Covers nose tightly with hand *

Detoxify, bath always with soap and sponge, also, always apply "rollon" on the smelling armpit.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Crusty3: 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Thanks, will try this
Yes this also works,you should use before bathing
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bamaiyiO(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
My simple advise to you is,
Improve in your personal hygiene; bath at least twice daily. Wash clothes after use, get a high strength chlorophyll supplement. This i believe will help
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Valtteri: 11:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

I do these often, these days just give it some time after bathing boom the odour starts.

Lmfao. Oga said “boom the odour starts” cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by faithfull18(f): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try to exfoliate, it removes stored up dirt and grime off your skin.

For the armpit odour, use and exfoliate with baking soda mixed with lemon(optional) regularly.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by walket(m): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Whenever u do anything that causes heat from the body make sure you bath e.g exercise, u and ur spouse meeting etc. Have ur bath probably u ignore taking ur bath after such exercise. With time the body odour will go. And stop using deodorant or anything it will bring out the odour more.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
DO THESE THINGS & YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT
1. Use sliced lemon in ur armpit once in day, preferably at night 10 minutes b4 ur last bath, twice in a week.

2. Use Tetmosol soap. I repeat, Tetmosol soap. Use tetmosol soap.

3. If u must use deodorant, go for old spice. It costs 1k.

4 Ensure u iron ur clothes all the time even boxers.

What u reveal u heal. It takes a great deal of discipline to eradicate body odour.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by GodWrites: 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Shile981:
...my armpit always smell like a per boiled onions...
you made my night with that line
Same here grin
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by aziaka111(m): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
Just change the cream you are using now and thank me later
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by asamwababy: 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use lime and rub your armpit morning and night.

Then get forever living deodorant close to 2k if not more.

Its you that would be begging for the smell to come back grin
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
Aufbauh:

This is one of the best recommendations I've seen so far. Just watch what you eat especially spicey stuff.
Then in addition get original crusader soap and rob it on your ampit as replacement for deodorant after bath and moping ur body.

Crusader soap is a bad bleaching soap. It's contains Mercury and would worsen the odour.

He needs Dettol antiseptic.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by thinkmoney(m): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
DontTradeUrSoul:
Try and see a Dermatologist, cos I don't know much about body odour but this guy's story below really shocked me.

Confirmed Initiation! You were having sex with that the demon possessed and think the mixing of your both blood would not grant the demon legal Access into your Life? Demons love to have many humans enslaved under them, same demon has brought your roommate under his influence through you. One thing we should all Take Note here is the fact that everyone that testify as "Sleep Paralysis" Victim always say they still vividly remember the first time it happened. All over the Internet, they say they see or fearfully feel humanoid or dark Force grabbing or Pressing them downward. It's a decending into demonic dimension or lower spiritual plane where by the demon used your Soul's Energy till it has finished whatever he wants to do and release you. Someone passing through this can never fully fulfill the Original Glorious Purpose for which he or she was created. Locate the closest MFM Church their 3 Days Deliverance program during which you yourself have to verbaly fervently Pray by decreeing that the Blood of JESUS Son of YAHWEH should forgive you and permanently destroy the Authority you gave the demon and restore your Life's Legal ground that you lost to the demon through the Sex with the girl that was his property. Chase the demon out of your Life and ask HOLY SPIRIT to permanently take Control your Life and thoughts so that he shall never have space to return into
It's not initiation anything. Is your sleep being interrupted. It's a medical problem. Some get worse to the point the person won't be able to breath. What I will advice is for you to seek out an expert which will be hard in this country.
In the meantime do this two things: whenever it happens, accept it, don't struggle. Try not to fret and fall asleep if you can. You will wake up easily at the next try
2. Tell people around you about your condition, so that they won't be alarmed when they observe it. And someone close to you might gently raise you up and move your head and limps gently when they observe you in that state. Like massage and move your hands and legs briefly. You definitely will get coordination between your brain and your muscles and wake up fully if somebody intervene like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.