Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44089 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by angolag(m): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Always use Warm water to bath even when the weather is hot. Warm water does proper cleaning to your skin than cold water.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Dangrace01: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

I do these often, these days just give it some time after bathing boom the odour starts.

Stop masturbation it causes the body lack of zinc was causes body odour

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by okezuoemmanue(m): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
This nonsense of duplicating other ppl's comment must stop....Una dey mad ni
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by englois: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Maybe you body is dehydrated, make it a habit of drinking excess water daily
Also, invest in good body brands of body cream like neutrogena sunscreen etc
Finally, if you don't mind this advice, PRAY about it.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by mywells: 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Lime only can solve it.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Go buy VEET hair remover and go get LONGRICH roll on for your armpit, you will smell like pineapple
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by uBuNiT: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
spiritual issue. U need spiritual bath. If u like, ignore this
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by kekenation(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use longrich toothpaste and thank me later
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Piston65(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
[s]
Teleprompter:
I don't have the time to read through but to respond to the title, here are my suggestions

* Never use a towel twice. Wash it daily of you can't spread it in the scorching sun to try properly

* Take a bath at least twice a day with medicated soap.

* Use a good sponge and make sure that you scrub your armpits and back properly and all corners of your body.

*Shave off all hair in the armpits and pubic region

* Always use an antiperspirant and perfumes

* Never wear a short or singlet twice without washing it with perfumed soaps.

* Always brush your teeth twice daily with Monty toothpaste and avoid eating garlic because the scent seeps into your sweat and saliva.

* Use body cream that has a perfumed smell.

* Store your clothes in a cool and try place and leave your Windows open as much as possible

* Make sure that your clothes set properly before hanging them in an aerated room. Squeeze them well after finding them

* Try to iron your clothes before wearing them

* Make sure that your room has a good small. Allow cross ventilation and use air freshness of possible.

* Always rinse your pubic spaces with water of not soap whenever you use the toilet even if it is urination.

* Do not use your clothes as a handkerchief or napkin while wearing them and if you have to blow your nose, do it with serviette paper and get rid of it. Never be tempted to store your mucus in a handkerchief and return it to your pocket for viewing later or as a result of being miserly.

* Stay in airconditioned environments as much as you can and always wash your hands with soap and water. Don't just lick your hands after eating a mango and assume that you would smell alright.

* I trust that if you follow all of the above, you shall drink no more. All the best.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
Take garlic, take garlic again and take more garlics.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by manontree: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
You likely have hyperhidrosis. Visit a dermatologist to work out the best treatment option from a wide range of available treatments

Good luck
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Angelacruz: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Do u use hard sponge to scrub ur armpit?
Reachable:

I do these often, these days just give it some time after bathing boom the odour starts.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Olatlaccon(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use alum after bath....it works it's now permanent though
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Thinkfree(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ask tasha of bbnaija

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by BornToSucced(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Go get 'Gillette High Performance Odour Elimination'......It's a deodorant that does magic.

It is gel......Apply it on your armpit after your bath in the morning/night. Also get body spray (not perfume) to control your perspiration and keep your body smelling nice.

Cheers �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

Examine your diet maybe you're eating too much onion or garlic

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by BornToSucced(m): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Immunity04: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
I don't really have much to say because what works for mr A may not work for Mr B, Google about Odaban antiperspirant, get it and start using it. I've been using it for a while because I do have sweaty foot and pam it's really working

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Djuggernaut(m): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use body sprays instead
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
ennon92:

They are lazy fools
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bigtt76(f): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
1. Bathe regularly at least 3 times daily
2. Wash and or change your bedsheets regularly
3. Wash your clothes with clean water regularly
4. Don't wear same sweaty clothes twice in a row
5. Shave armpits and pubic hair regularly
6. Ensure good dental hygiene
7. Use deodorants and body spray frequently
8. Stay within a well ventilated environment to avoid sweating
9. Don't be anxious as it can lead to sweaty bouts
10. Avoid too much spice in foods

Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by annonygh(m): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
BornToSucced:
Go get 'Gillette High Performance Odour Elimination'......It's a deodorant that does magic.
Op, please follow this advice.
I once had same experience until I started using this. It works great!!

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bro I experience the same thing den just buy lime orange and scrub it under ur armpit when ever u wanna take ur bath

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by toye440: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
I Should Charge U For This. Shave Ur Armpit, And Use This Very Roll On ~ Nivea Men Dry Impact48 hrs. Note, It Must Be Dry Impact Ooo Or Else Dem Go Still Dey Run For U.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Trogge: 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

. Young man, go buy lime or lemon, cut it into two, run it on your body squizing it, then wait for thirty minutes before bathing. Do this repeatedly

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Xantel(f): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Drink water all the time.
When you use antiperspirant after bathing, allow it to dry before putting on your cloth
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by billionman: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Have you tried Nivea Dry Comfort roll-on? If not, try it out.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by pjobaby(f): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
I don't know what you mean by medicated soaps. The only soaps you should be using to bath is either tetmosol or Dettol soap. Don't go near tura, crusader or any mercury soap.

Squeeze half lime or lemon to your bath water, or alternatively use to run your armpits before bath.

Shave regularly, change your singlets daily, shower often. Stay under fan, AC or natural air.

Stop eating garlic, ginger. Stop alcohol too. Drink water and eat vegetables.

Lastly, don't forget to put it to GOD in prayers Incase it's spiritual.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by luminouz(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
ennon92:

Lmaoooooo... You sef noticed? grin grin grin

Na the new trend now oh....
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by gimbayaro(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Go for prayers or deliverance or pray very hard about it while doing the right treatment for your body... I know someone they cursed to have a mouth odour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / 8 Usual Habits That Are Dangerous For Your Brain / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.