Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44083 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by riyanxeally(f): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Thanks, will try this
lime and lemon � if u don’t react to it mix it with a aloe Vera n honey � rub there Ull be better will help restore ur body flora
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Kennytowel: 12:02am On Dec 12, 2020
DontTradeUrSoul:
Try and see a Dermatologist, cos I don't know much about body odour but this guy's story below really shocked me.

Confirmed Initiation! You were having sex with that the demon possessed and think the mixing of your both blood would not grant the demon legal Access into your Life? Demons love to have many humans enslaved under them, same demon has brought your roommate under his influence through you. One thing we should all Take Note here is the fact that everyone that testify as "Sleep Paralysis" Victim always say they still vividly remember the first time it happened. All over the Internet, they say they see or fearfully feel humanoid or dark Force grabbing or Pressing them downward. It's a decending into demonic dimension or lower spiritual plane where by the demon used your Soul's Energy till it has finished whatever he wants to do and release you. Someone passing through this can never fully fulfill the Original Glorious Purpose for which he or she was created. Locate the closest MFM Church their 3 Days Deliverance program during which you yourself have to verbaly fervently Pray by decreeing that the Blood of JESUS Son of YAHWEH should forgive you and permanently destroy the Authority you gave the demon and restore your Life's Legal ground that you lost to the demon through the Sex with the girl that was his property. Chase the demon out of your Life and ask HOLY SPIRIT to permanently take Control your Life and thoughts so that he shall never have space to return into

This is simply called sleep hypnosis. It used to happen to me as well. But I later figured out a way out of it. I will be sharing the solution I found with you here.
Stop sleeping on your back with your face upwards to the ceiling. I have trained myself to reject that sleeping position.
Learn to sleep on your sides or on your chest
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by robosky02(m): 12:03am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

Bro the truth does not need four leg to walk....
The truth is very cheap... God has provided it in nature here is the

Simply solution

Get lemon, cut in two and use it to rub ur armpit for five minutes before you bath

If you can add nsha Lagos. ( red soap) bath morning and night with it consistently for 2 weeks

In fact in 3 days you'll see the difference

Forget all the big grammar do this and thank me later simply

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 12, 2020
Wisedove:
I noticed that most of the people that are using bleaching/skin lighting cream have one body odor or another.
If by chance you are using any of the so called skin lighting cream, i will advise you to give it a break and go natural perhaps by using shea butter(refined one) but if there is no any positive change after three weeks then it might be an internal issue which requires the attention of an expert.

Hot movate,
Caro White
White Secret among others.
You see these creams listed above are fountain of body odor most expecially that white secret; what baffles me most is why those using it are not aware of it, while some do not noticed it because they use aromatic soap, perfumes, roll on, which surpresses the foul smell.

Call on Mr lalasticlala so that you can get more suggestions and perhaps expert advises when it get to front page.

White secret is a very useless cream.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by mrprolifik: 12:07am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Do you use spices alot when cooking? If you use a lot of Ingredients like curry, garlic or even too much onions try to reduce or eliminate it for a while and see if you notice any difference.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Anoniemos01: 12:10am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Thanks, will try this
Be careful with that tho. Lemons could be harsh on 'sensitive' skins
I'd advise you seek professional advice from a dermatologist first before going on to use just anything so you don't end up worsening your condition

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 12, 2020
If you want to get rid of this

Stop eating fresh fish
Stop using spices in your stew and food
Eat plenty of pineapple fruits.

Get activated charcoal ( from any organic shop) or you can buy from me. Mix it with aloe vera gel to form a mask and apply it there for like an hour before you bath. Activated charcoal is highly medicinal and draws out impurities from the body.

Bathe with antiseptic soap like Dettol cool or better still use dude osun or zee soap to bath.

Get original sure men roll-on and use after the mask.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bummyla(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Are you on any medication? Sometime some medications give us body odor! My son has that anytime he sweats, I am just waiting for him to ask for help before I step in.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Anoniemos01: 12:15am On Dec 12, 2020
riyanxeally:
lime and lemon � if u don’t react to it mix it with a aloe Vera n honey � rub there Ull be better will help restore ur body flora
@ bolded.. I feel it might be kind of risky for him to test that uncertainty at this point.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by hinere(m): 12:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by riyanxeally(f): 12:27am On Dec 12, 2020
Anoniemos01:

@ bolded.. I feel it might be kind of risky for him to test that uncertainty at this point.
thats why honey � n aloe Vera are there if the lime n lemon � prove to be skin sensitive
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by hinere(m): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Hello.
Kindly listen carefully.
First things first. You will need to SHAVE off all Body Hair.
Body Hair is the major cause of Odour on the body and skin. You will need to shave all off. Chest hair, Stomach Hair, Pubic Hair, Thighs Hair, Armpit Hair and everywhere else you have hair. You can shave off or leave the hair on your head as long as you are taking care of it well.

Body Hair causes odour. How?
When a person with body hair sweats, the sweats comes out of the skin, mixes with the bacteria (Yes...there are bacteria on skin) on the skin and stays on the body hair refusing to dry off lingering on thereby causing smell.

Also remember that sweat is a waste product that comes out from the largest organ in the body which is the SKIN.
Thats why Skincare is a full time job because the skin is an organ.

Once you have shaved, your body is as smooth as a baby, you will need to buy LIME. Yes...LIME.
When you want to bath, cut the Lime into 2. Take one part and scrub it on your Armpits. Take the second half and do same for the second. You can repeat it for another ball of lime.
Then you bath normally.
When bathing, pay close attention to areas such as Armpits, Pubic Region, Inside your Ears, under your Neck and Groin.

With this you will be good. You won't even need Rollon or whatsoever. You will be feeling clean, fresh and when you sweat, it drys up immediately because there is no hair on the body and there won't be any odour atall.
Shaving should be done more often especially during hot weather.

Hair on any part of the body doesn't allow liquid to dry off. That's why if u pour water on yourself form head to toe, you will discover that the water on your head with hair on it is always the last to dry off until you towel dry. But if u barb complete skin, the water on your head drys immediately sometimes even before you leave the bathroom becos there's no hair there.

You will even discover that once your body is smooth and hairless, you won't even need to use sponge on your skin just soap becos you've already done 80% of bathing work by body shaving. You will just lather up soap and rob all over your skin and u will love the texture. And believe me, you will be feeling fresh all day long. Though if u want to still sponge after this process, no problem.

Once you start this process of total body shaving, make it a Rountine. Infact once a month. Skincare is a Rountine. Personal Hygiene is a full time job.

Armpits shaving should be twice a week. Pubic hair...twice a week. Then make sure, your lime is part of your soap. Then invest in a good cream. Rob the cream preferably a body lotion. Something that won't make u start sweating. Rob it all over your clean skin to Moisturize it. The cream will enter into the Skin making it smelling fresh.
Then get a good perfume and you are good to go.
Also make sure u shower in the night as well.

Then WATER. Make sure your drinking enough water and are going to toilet regularly atleast once a day.
Try empty your bowels everyday.
These helps to flush your inside and keep it clean and fresh all day long.

Try and do all I have stated and you will thank me.

For more tips on Skincare, u can DM.

Also, invest in Land Banking and get 38% ROI in months. It comes with a Land, Insurance Bond, Post Dated Cheque and Xmas gifts.
Click this link to know more
https://www.nairaland.com/6307677/invest-land-banking-make-38

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ERCROSS(m): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

what's the texture of the sponge you use? Try a hard sponge if you're using a soft one now. And scrub your armpit very well. You'd most likely notice a change
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Wisedove(m): 12:51am On Dec 12, 2020
Mandela27:
I feel for u man.Having an unpleasant odour around u is so frustrating..myself am suffering halitosis-very attractive,handsome dark boy with full beards,I get attention from girls all the time but I just act like I dont care because I dont want to go close..mhen! Someone adviced me to use bitterkola,I've been using it since last week,I no longer feel the dragon smell rooting out from my stomach but I still havent trusted it cus the main mouth still has this awkward warm odour...I just tire,I dont know when i will get over this,although is has really reduced,I can talk with someone but not yet sure of face2face conversation...this is frustrating
In addition to what you have being using, when you are to brush your teeth make sure you do not spit out the foam quickly, let the foam remain in your mouth till you are through brushing. You can achieve this by raising your head while at it.

Secondly, brush your tongue thoroughly and ensure the brush reaches the last part of your tongue, you will have the feeling of vomiting or you might even vomit but you will definitely be greatful if you can continue doing this.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sam4noow(m): 12:57am On Dec 12, 2020
bro pls avoid long talk they typed and avoid using expensive bath soap..

Buy Okin bath soap and thank me for the rest of ur life.... it's sold for just 70naira,... it works like magic....

I believe you wil always remember me for this after using it...
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Mandela27: 12:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Wisedove:

In addition to what you have being using, when you are to brush your teeth make sure you do not spit out the foam quickly, let the foam remain in your mouth till you are through brushing. You can achieve this by raising your head while at it.

Secondly, brush your tongue thoroughly and ensure the brush reaches the last part of your tongue, you will have the feeling of vomiting or you might even vomit but you will definitely be greatful if you can continue doing this.
Okay boss I will do as u've said
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sam4noow(m): 12:59am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Buy Okin bath soap and thank me for the rest of ur life.... it's sold for just 70naira,... it works like magic....
I believe you wil always remember me for good after using it...

it's available everywhere except outside Lagos and ogun state
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sam4noow(m): 1:04am On Dec 12, 2020
sam4noow:

I believe you wil always remember me for good after using it...

it's available everywhere except outside Lagos and ogun state

Abeg no use common eye look the soap Base on say e cheap... it's what I've been using for the past 10yrs... u see I'm quoting my comment again... just make sure you try it
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by pooozeee(m): 1:23am On Dec 12, 2020

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Chickennuggets: 1:25am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

I understand you. Try to stop the deodorant and buy alum. Sounds weird but after bathing always rub it in the smelly areas and also where you sweat the most. It’s odorless and it keeps that places really dry and the odor just disappears. Try it for a week and you’ll see changes

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bigspp: 1:41am On Dec 12, 2020
Alaye but spray sure joor. It will help keep you fresh all day long. But if it continues, just see a doctor because you might have an infection bruv.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by tsmith(f): 2:00am On Dec 12, 2020
frozen70:

Take your bath as regular as you can and drink lots of water

Being a man isn’t easy. When the world’s not telling you what it means to be masculine, it’s telling you how to dress, how to shave, how to smell – no wonder things can get a little sweaty.

Sweating is a fact of life, we all do it, and body odour is part of that package. So, rather than worrying about what others expect of you, take a look at what the cause of sweating actually is and manage it properly so you can say no to bad B.O.

WHAT CAUSES SWEATING?

There are many causes of sweating – exercise, nerves, hot weather. It’s a natural bodily process that occurs as a response to hormones like adrenalin, or to help you regulate your body temperature when things heat up.

WHAT IS BODY ODOUR?

Body odour the smell our bodies give off when they sweat. Everyone is different when it comes to how much they sweat, and what it smells like, but we’re all likely to experience it in common areas like the feet, groin, and armpits.

WHAT CAUSES BODY ODOUR?

Sweat is not actually the culprit behind B.O. What causes sweat to smell is the amount of bacteria in sweat and the breaking down of sweat into acids. Why do armpits sweat and smell of B.O. more than other areas? It’s all thanks to conveniently placed sweat glands that secrete into hair follicles. Bacteria love moist areas and the hair can trap sweat and moisture to provide the perfect breeding ground. Sweat glands are found in other hairy areas too, which is why they often feel sweaty (and potentially a bit smelly).

HOW TO FIGHT B.O.

Now you know why do armpits sweat and smell, and the basic body odour causes, it’s time to look at how you banish it.

GET TRIM

Bacteria and hair follicles are friends, which is why armpits, the groin area, and other hairy areas are the B.O. hot spots. Shaving or trimming down your hair in these areas can help keep things fresh and clean.

CLEAN UP

Skipping showers and proper bathing is often at the root of what causes sweat to smell. Remember to shower every day, especially after trips to the gym. Take your hygiene one step further with an anti-bacterial soap and finish with fresh-smelling deodorants from LYNX.

DRESS TO SWEAT LESS

Perhaps you already shave and shower regularly. So why do armpits smell afterwards? The answer could be in your wardrobe. Synthetic fabrics such as rayon, nylon, and polyester don’t allow much airflow so switch it up and go for some organic options like cotton, wool, and linen.

LEAVE YOUR SHOES AT THE DOOR

Aussies might be onto something with their love of walking barefoot. Socks and shoes make it difficult for sweat to evaporate. Give your toes some breathing space by going barefoot when you can or opting for looser-fitting options.

WATCH WHAT YOU EAT

Did you know that diet can affect the way your sweat smells? The most common food culprits behind bad B.O. include spicy foods, garlic, hot peppers, and curry. Try cutting back on them and see if you notice a change.

BANISH B.O.

What causes sweaty armpits? What causes body odour? Hopefully, you’ve got all the answers now. As much of a nuisance as sweating and B.O. can be, they are a natural part of life. Instead of worrying, learn how to manage them and say no to body odour.

Copied from the Internet. In addition boils may be caused by the shaving or the type of shaving stick that leads to in growth hair then boils. Rather than not shave, better to shave with either good shaving stick, or shaving cream. And pleas euse deodorant, I find sure the best. Try the roll on and the spray. Bug you really can't afford not to shave and use deodorant and expect miracles as a young energetic person and not smell
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by eeetuk(m): 2:02am On Dec 12, 2020
Do the following two things to control your body odors:

1. Wash your feet [ top and bottom] when you are taking showers. Many people only wash the top part of their feet, and overlook the bottom part. That is a problem because anything that moves smells.

2. Eat apples [ atleast once a day].

Do these two things and see what happens next to your body odors.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Xtianvic(m): 2:08am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

like someone has already said about lemon. Yiu can also used lime. It's very effective. After taking your bath, apply the juice in your armbit, leave it there till rhe the next time you will take your bath.
Do it avout five times and watch it disappear, GUARANTEED.

Always check YouTube before coming to nairaland to post petty problems like this.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by kay29000(m): 2:36am On Dec 12, 2020
It might be hard to do, but the best thing to do would be go vegan, and also cut down sugary drinks and food from your diet. Meat, chicken, fish, drinks...all these take a lot to burn, and when your body burns these foods, you sometimes sweat out the waste, which leads to body odor. Drastically cut down on all forms of processed food. Eat more fruit and vegetables, and grains (beans, rice, corn, etc).

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by kay29000(m): 2:39am On Dec 12, 2020
Deelola:
try old spice deodorant

The most powerful/effective deodorant I know. Great suggestion.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by odinga1of: 2:47am On Dec 12, 2020
Nazgul:
Bath regularly, shave your armpit regularly, eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water regularly.

OP, this is what you need. Some people are strong headed. Tell dem to bath, no.....they will rather watch movies or play Dream league.

Eat fruits, they will say no, they don't eat fruits.

Later they will say, body odour almost ruined their lives.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by odinga1of: 2:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Emperor4tune:
There is a big difference about taking bath and visiting bathroom to waste water on skin,op i mean no insult by saying this

1. Change your bathing behaviour: there are people who bath without sponge & prefer using just soap,at times they claim sponge causes irritate,sensation or itching after use.(that is a paramount lie),the deep secret about body sponge is that it has types made of different texture to suit your skin type,you job is to figure of the best for you,e.g are foam sponge,rough sponge,netty sponge,cotton sponge,fur sponge(made of ram hair) etc,you dont have a soft skin and make use of netty sponge,what you use is either fur or foam sponge

2. Understand vital point that need rugged scrup &washing,ur yansh area in particular,pls dont joke,armpit & ear join

3.change ur towel,if possible dont rub cream except on face,arms,and leg,dont smoke nonsense,shut down alchohol,drink water like a camel till men ask if u are mad,rest well,visist your doctor & finally if spiritual then pray.am out of here

Hahahhahahahahahhahahahhah my chest oooooo

Don't smoke nonsense
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Madcow(m): 2:59am On Dec 12, 2020
Reachable:

Stop shaving your armpit. Shower with an ordinary soap, drink plenty water and use a deodorant...

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Originalsly: 3:10am On Dec 12, 2020
Bro... we are not experts ... but can give advice on possible causes. Drowning the scent will not solve the problem.... neither will bathing every five minutes. The problem is internal. Boils / abscesses can be caused if you use roll-on deodorants. Then again.... you use Sure... how are you so sure it is the original? Some deodorants contain aluminium and other heavy metals which can affect you. If you must use a deodorant... use Arm and Hammer .... or any one using natural stuff su h as baking soda... or better... as someone suggested... cut lemon.
On cause of odour.... bleaching / toning creams... or creams with skin lightening contents will cause the body to give off odours. Stop using creams period... use traditional black soap to bathe.... drink plenty of water... stop eating spicy foods.... and sodas/ high energy drinks.... drink coconut water... from the coconut and not the can labeled coconut water.... give it a few weeks and see what happens. In a nutshell.... go natural.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Wadosky(m): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2020
stop using that medicated soap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis. / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.