Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) (61906 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Jamersirwin1971: 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
I just ate this today ... yummy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by FashionCookie(f): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
I go vomit tire if I chop this kind food...
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
glad another African food is tasty
Jamersirwin1971:
I just ate this today ... yummy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
you have not even tasted it, you have already concluded, cheesy cheesy cheesy
FashionCookie:
I go vomit tire if I chop this kind food...
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by joyousever(f): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
Cry me a river..
SeriouslySense:
lets say it was Asians that made the food, i am sure you will want to try the food out at least to have a story or a boast cheesy cheesy cheesy, that you know the food
But because it was made by Ghanaians, suddenly you remember it is not looking how you want it to be cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by banmee(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
davillian:
Disgusting
I can't eat that.....
What kind of soup is that

I love Ghana to a fault but if there is one thing i thoroughly dislike about their culture is the way they eat. Close your eyes and imagine 5 grown men eating from that pot you saw. At the same time. WITH THEIR BARE HANDS. Which is why i never ate at any restaurant over there. I almost threw up the first time.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by 001spice: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl next time put the food in a more decent plate. This tin that u use in putting the food kind of let the food look`s like sometin for ritual
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Crenzywilliams:

You must be from Benin...
wegyimi dodo
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by banmee(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
SeriouslySense:
you have not even tasted it, you have already concluded, cheesy cheesy cheesy

I promise you won't like it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Facidio: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
Looks like sacrifice
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by CADA: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
Yes o. Mad food! Always had a spoon in my bag then. Would head to a joint in Kumasi, and order the chaw.

Didn't like it in my first year of uni but later tried it and never left it till I passed out the uni.

It sufficed for those that didn't have enough fund for 3 Square meal.

Great food.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Jamersirwin1971: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
SeriouslySense:
glad another African food is tasty

Tastes good , every weekend I tend to eat it .

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
lol, but you get sha, its their good food and one should not be so dismissive. cheesy cheesy
joyousever:
Cry me a river..
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by bizzibodi(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Which one is sacrifice again, this people, just say you don't like the way the food is presented, that's all, don't complicates simple things
That is d simile that cross my mind... having seen such things at road junctions in d SW.
May b d poser want to insult Ghanaians by presenting such as their delicacy.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
even promising already, you are so sure already, but have not tasted the food.

banmee:

I promise you won't like it.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by WoundedLamb: 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
Atlas9:

The good natured yabbing is to be expected. It is not negative, the only issue with appreciating the cuisine of others via pictures is that there is no experience.... I had to live in Ibadan to appreciate ewa agoyin and amala / ewedu.

Lol... bro, we always deceive ourselves into calling these things "good natured yabbing". And then they hit Twitter and become an online war and before you know it, the flux is felt offline. If you've been to these African countries where Nigerians aren't liked that much, you'd surely see people whose only source of knowledge about Nigeria is the internet also hating cause of what you thought was "good natured yabbing" and you start wondering where the line should be drawn.

People take their places of origin, religions, etc. seriously and would jump at any opportunity to talk about these in a positive light. Your so-called "good natured yabbing" denies them that opportunity and puts them in a defensive position and sometimes, they have to attack to get even. This escalates quickly, and at that point, it could be hard telling exactly how good the nature of the yabbing is. Even if there's no remarkable aggression, bad blood is often the outcome. That's why it's as if African countries are just waiting for the other to have a problem so they can celebrate.

Food is part of culture and it often makes for a very interesting line of discussion where I live. Questions like: what is it made of? What is it eaten with? Is it expensive to prepare? What's the best time to eat it? Isn't this similar to...? Etc. are often used to show genuine interest in other people's way of life. If you're not genuinely interested, you can just move on. But trashing it is extremely dumb cause your food is also 'strange' to others. I personally believe it's like of true diversity in African countries that make Africans less tolerant. Just a thought.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hahaa o no egyimi paa

But dearie, why not add more enticing photos of our delicious fufu... Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by joyousever(f): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hian! Leave me abeg. Na only my post you see? Or Na only you Waka come ?
SeriouslySense:
lol, but you get sha, its their good food and one should not be so dismissive. cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Ayula911: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Ebo is religion in edo

Sacrifice is uzobo.....

Unless you're yoruba parading as edo

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=Preciousgirl post=97208604]This is what we Ghanaians call lunch

Fufu with chicken like soup

3y3 d3 ankasa

This lunch can fix any marital problem grin

Egya Alatafo) Yi egyimi grin grin[/quote]
At the bolded, stop that, it is derogatory. This is a nigerian site.
I wish this person is banned from nairaland.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
ohh you have written smartly, yes we should show genuine interest in other peoples culture, and even learn, asking genuine questions, shows the people that we are not insulting, but trying to learn or connect.

WoundedLamb:

Lol... bro, we always deceive ourselves into calling these things "good natured yabbing". And then they hit Twitter and become an online war and before you know it, the flux is felt offline. If you've been to these African countries where Nigerians aren't liked that much, you'd surely see people whose only source of knowledge about Nigeria is the internet also hating cause of what you thought was "good natured yabbing" and you start wondering where the line should be drawn.

People take their places of origin, religions, etc. seriously and would jump at any opportunity to talk about these in a positive light. Your so-called "good natured yabbing" denies them that opportunity and puts them in a defensive position and sometimes, they have to attack to get even. This escalates quickly, and at that point, it could be hard telling exactly how good the nature of the yabbing is. Even if there's no remarkable aggression, bad blood is often the outcome. That's why it's as if African countries are just waiting for the other to have a problem so they can celebrate.

Food is part of culture and it often makes for a very interesting line of discussion where I live. Questions like: what is it made of? What is it eaten with? Is it expensive to prepare? What's the best time to eat it? Isn't this similar to...? Etc. are often used to show genuine interest in other people's way of life. If you're not genuinely interested, you can just move on. But trashing it is extremely dumb cause your food is also 'strange' to others. I personally believe it's like of true diversity in African countries that make Africans less tolerant. Just a thought.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by gregyboy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=Ayula911 post=97232759][/quote]

Mtcheew

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Swanzi(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:

Wegyimi dodo

grin
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Ibeme: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Shellsploit:

Its ghanaian white soup

It's light soup. Na just Ginger tomatoes and water

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Samfloxin:
If you are having constipation,pls take this delicacy.
You lie, if it was prepare under unhygienic conditions, your stomach will run saah.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
cheesy cheesy i am not holding you, where are you going to
grin grin grin grin

joyousever:
Hian! Leave me abeg. Na only my post you see? Or Na only you Waka come ?
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nigerians are funny, maybe other Africans are like them, is it not the same continent they dwell in

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by joyousever(f): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
Funny you... You sure cracking me up. Lol grin.
SeriouslySense:
cheesy cheesy i am not holding you, where are you going to
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
silibaba:
Charlie, mi pe saa ooo

Eti sien?

Dawasi wai

Most of them end up with running stomach I swear. If you share the same toilet with them, you will lose appetite to poo.
At the bolded, when I was in Ghana, I was carrying antibiotic medicine every where, in case my stomach dey run.
I rarely eat public in Ghana, except I am on visit to other regions.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
silibaba:
Charlie, mi pe saa ooo

Eti sien?

Dawasi wai

Most of them end up with running stomach I swear. If you share the same toilet with them, you will lose appetite to poo.

This is d funniest thing I've read since yesterday.
"You'll lose appetite to poo" hahahahahahaha
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by shashaperry(f): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
southniyikaye:
wegyimi dodo iwo na

I swear laugh wan kill me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by babtoundey(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
southniyikaye:
wegyimi dodo iwo na
You won't kill me with laughter.
That's an instant back to sender

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Cook Noodles That Everyone Will Want To Eat / I Was Served Groundnuts, Garden Egg, Coke, Sweet At A Wedding Today Pics / Hot Lady's Weird Meal Combo Sparks Outrage Online (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.