Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) (62069 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / Have You Ever Eaten A Food Cooked By Your Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by spyglaxx: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
richiemcgold:
See calabash wey be like wetin dem use dey put sacrifice for okearo T Junction... shocked

you mean oke aro in AKure or Ibadan?

Giwa okearo, ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by sameks08(m): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
this must be for the god's
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Ayula911: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Mtcheew

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
R0LL0N:
It took me 2 weeks before I could adapt to this food in Tamale Northern part of Ghana. I thank God for the cultural experience I had in Ghana during that year. All thanks to Pastor Peter(Badu) of 7th day Adventist North Ghana Mission Tamale. You made Ghana feels like a home to me 9 years ago. Free food every day, free Accomodation at the mission house, free wireless to surf the net. You made my struggles in Ghana a fruitful and happy memories that can never be forgotten. You can never ever be forgotten.... Life is a journey, let appreciate peoples culture wherever we find ourselves.
Thank God for the help you had oo, tamale isn't easy to adapt oh, the sun alone is very harsh, I knew a Ghanaian guy that was working in that region, it wasn't easy to cope.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SenecaTheYonger: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
WoundedLamb:
Why don't African countries appreciate the culture of other countries on the same continent?

It’s just Nigeria not Africa
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by JeffDWalter: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:
This is what we Ghanaians call lunch

Fufu with chicken like soup

3y3 d3 ankasa

This lunch can fix any marital problem grin

Egya Alatafo) Yi egyimi grin grin

Just tell me where you are in Ghana, we could hook up!
I'm new and don't know my way around! tongue
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
STOP DECEIVING THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN TO GHANA. NORMAL GHANA FOOD WHETHER MORNING OR NIGHT IS KENKE. IT IS MADE OUT OF GRINDED MAISE AND EATEN WITH LOT OF GRINDED BLACK PEPPER WITH TINY TINY FISH LIKE DAY OLD FINGERINGS. WHAT YOU POSTED IS FOOD THAT GHANA BORROWED FROM IVORY COAST AND IN IVORY COAST IT IS CALLED FUTO. IT IS EATEN BY THE RICH WITH BUSH MEAT OR POINT AND KILL FISH, WHILE THE POOR EAT IT WITH CHICKEN. CHICKEN IS THE CHEAPEST MEAT IN IVORY COAST AND THOSE WHO EAT EVEN RICE WITH CHICKEN IN RESTURANTS IN ABIDJAN KNOW THAT THEY HAVE TO BE VERY QUIET WHILE EATING BEFORE THE PERSON SEATED NEXT TO THEM WILL NOTICE THAT THEY ARE EATING WITH CHICKEN .
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
siraj1402:
There was that day I ate this on my way to Abdjan at Accra, I stopped the vehicle more than 3 times before Elubu border.
grin grin grin
Why you know carry medicine for bag. You saw big chicken that attracted you. grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by AngelicBeing: 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Shellsploit:

Reminds me of sunyani... With 3 cedis, hot banku with meat don set for dinner.. wink

This there soup no need drinking water..
Once u done eating, na to drink the soup as water.

See calabash wey be like wetin dem use dey put sacrifice for okearo T Junction... shocked
Hian, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com the, like seriously shocked

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Vaiki(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:

3y3 d3 ankasa

How much will it cost you to come fix this for me at home? And bring your pussy too..
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
leisuretym:

Ma do iyawo oniyawo oo
Ah!!! shocked sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
Okechukwu22:
Those of us way Don eat am go advice any of my nija brothers never to try eating that because the soup no sweet and before the slimmy fufu reach your mouth the soup don reach your elbow.......
Better eaten with spoon then.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Greenbirth: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
francisbarrack:

Look good. Will visit somday
better stay where you are. They are full of hatred bro.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by kingzohlala(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
I still had this a few days back with a friend.
My fav Ghana dish. The soup is called "light soup"
It's on point��

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by leisuretym: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Ah!!! shocked sad shocked shocked shocked

Abi
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by focus7: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Samfloxin:
If you are having constipation,pls take this delicacy.

You call this delicacy?

This is confirmed ebo
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Jaelluiz: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:

3y3 d3 ankasa

I once ate this Fufu with palmnut soup in a prominent restaurant in Accra and as a foreigner, finished the fufu and ate the meat without finishing the soup. I never knew it was totally permissible to drink the soup like water.
The stare of people who thought I just wasted the soup was out this world.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Lol... bro, we always deceive ourselves into calling these things "good natured yabbing". And then they hit Twitter and become an online war and before you know it, the flux is felt offline. If you've been to these African countries where Nigerians aren't liked that much, you'd surely see people whose only source of knowledge about Nigeria is the internet also hating cause of what you thought was "good natured yabbing" and you start wondering where the line should be drawn.

People take their places of origin, religions, etc. seriously and would jump at any opportunity to talk about these in a positive light. Your so-called "good natured yabbing" denies them that opportunity and puts them in a defensive position and sometimes, they have to attack to get even. This escalates quickly, and at that point, it could be hard telling exactly how good the nature of the yabbing is. Even if there's no remarkable aggression, bad blood is often the outcome. That's why it's as if African countries are just waiting for the other to have a problem so they can celebrate.

Food is part of culture and it often makes for a very interesting line of discussion where I live. Questions like: what is it made of? What is it eaten with? Is it expensive to prepare? What's the best time to eat it? Isn't this similar to...? Etc. are often used to show genuine interest in other people's way of life. If you're not genuinely interested, you can just move on. But trashing it is extremely dumb cause your food is also 'strange' to others. I personally believe it's like of true diversity in African countries that make Africans less tolerant. Just a thought.

You have said almost exactly what I said. I am open minded about people, and I hope that most reasonable people are that way.
I have been to south Africa, and I didn't come away with the impression that we are hated there. Our pidgin english betrays us, and we had people identify us as Nigerians almost automatically. Nigerians are difficult to intimidate, and we can wangle our way through almost anything. The criminal elements among Nigerians abroad need to tone it down. Africa has need of a new generation of Pan African bridge builders, because we are truly brothers, and our fate is more sure if we grasp our destiny with our hands.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by banmee(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
SeriouslySense:
even promising already, you are so sure already, but have not tasted the food.

Used to live in Ghana. So.......
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by passionberry(f): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
IbnBattuta1960:
Looks good.
Personally don't eat swallow n soup in same plate.
same here

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by googlepikins: 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
that looks disgusting
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by cococandy(f): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
I’m open to trying this if I can find the authentic one made by a Ghanaian.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by kayzeesoft(m): 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
This one look like sacrifice for the ancestors.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by abeggnow: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Shellsploit:

Its ghanaian white soup
i believe they call it ligjt soup i meant to type light soup. thanks
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Youngzedd(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Sacrifice to the gods.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SALIMAN(m): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
I know of ajeezay , jerusalem soup dance
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by buchai: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
This one na sapele water soup
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by jrtorrents: 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
APOSTLECHUMA:
STOP DECEIVING THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN TO GHANA. NORMAL GHANA FOOD WHETHER MORNING OR NIGHT IS KENKE. IT IS MADE OUT OF GRINDED MAISE AND EATEN WITH LOT OF GRINDED BLACK PEPPER WITH TINY TINY FISH LIKE DAY OLD FINGERINGS. WHAT YOU POSTED IS FOOD THAT GHANA BORROWED FROM IVORY COAST AND IN IVORY COAST IT IS CALLED FUTO. IT IS EATEN BY THE RICH WITH BUSH MEAT OR POINT AND KILL FISH, WHILE THE POOR EAT IT WITH CHICKEN. CHICKEN IS THE CHEAPEST MEAT IN IVORY COAST AND THOSE WHO EAT EVEN RICE WITH CHICKEN IN RESTURANTS IN ABIDJAN KNOW THAT THEY HAVE TO BE VERY QUIET WHILE EATING BEFORE THE PERSON SEATED NEXT TO THEM WILL NOTICE THAT THEY ARE EATING WITH CHICKEN .

Please stop being ignorant!
First of all Fufu (even the Nigerian version) first originated from the Ashanti people of Ghana. You can look it up online.

The Ivorians you are talking about are Akans who migrated from the Ashanti Kingdom to present day Ivory Coast. They rather took the Ghanaian fufu to Ivory Coast not the other way round.

Kenkey is a staple food for Ga people from Accra, but also eaten in other parts of Ghana. Depending on where you are people eat Fufu or kenkey for lunch.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
okay
banmee:

Used to live in Ghana. So.......
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by papalsayer(m): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
WoundedLamb:
Why don't African countries appreciate the culture of other countries on the same continent?

Presentation mater. That thing looks like a sacrifice. I wouldn't want to taste it.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by jrtorrents: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
papalsayer:

Presentation mater. That thing looks like a sacrifice. I wouldn't want to taste it.

True

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Ghana Fufu? (photo) by Erojepromise(f): 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
l would prefer if the swallow wastn't in the same plate with the soup..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hot Lady's Weird Meal Combo Sparks Outrage Online (photo) / How To Cook Noodles That Everyone Will Want To Eat / Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.