Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine (10774 Views)

Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrines And Fake Prophecies? / Confusion! Is God A Mystery Or Trinity Is False Doctrine?? / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Who or What Is “the Alpha and the Omega”?

The Bible’s answer
“The Alpha and the Omega” refers to Jehovah God, the Almighty. This term occurs three times in the Bible.​—Revelation 1:8; 21:6; 22:13. *

[b]Why does God call himself “the Alpha and the Omega”?
Alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the alphabet in Greek, the language used to write the part of the Bible commonly called the New Testament, which includes the book of Revelation. The respective positions of these letters in the Greek alphabet are used to illustrate that Jehovah alone is the beginning and the end. (Revelation 21:6) He was Almighty God in the infinite past, and he will continue to be Almighty God forever. He is the only one who is “from everlasting to everlasting.”​—Psalm 90:2.

Who is “the first and the last”?
The Bible applies this term both to Jehovah God and to his Son, Jesus, but with different meanings. Consider two examples.

At Isaiah 44:6, Jehovah says: “I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but me.” Here Jehovah highlights that he is the everlasting true God; besides him, there is no other. (Deuteronomy 4:​35, 39) In this case, then, the expression “the first and the last” has the same meaning as “the Alpha and the Omega[/b].”

( *** THE HEART OF THE MATTER***)
Additionally, the term “the First [pro’tos, not alpha] and the Last [e’skha·tos, not omega]” occurs at Revelation 1:​17, 18 and 2:8. In these verses, the context shows that the one referred to died and later returned to life. Thus, these verses cannot refer to God because he has never died. (Habakkuk 1:​12) However, Jesus died and was resurrected. (Acts 3:​13-​15) He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life in heaven, where he now lives “forever and ever.” (Revelation 1:​18; Colossians 1:​18) Jesus is the one who performs all resurrections thereafter. (John 6:​40, 44) Therefore, he was the last one to be resurrected directly by Jehovah. (Acts 10:40) In this sense, Jesus can properly be called “the First and the Last.”

Does Revelation 22:13 prove that Jesus is “the Alpha and the Omega”?
No.

The speaker at Revelation 22:13 is not specifically identified, and there are various speakers in this chapter. Commenting on this section of Revelation, Professor William Barclay wrote: “Things are set down without any apparent order; . . . and it is often very difficult to be sure who is the actual speaker.” (The Revelation of John, Volume 2, Revised Edition, page 223) Thus, “the Alpha and the Omega” at Revelation 22:13 can be identified as the same Person given this title elsewhere in Revelation​—Jehovah God.
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by DappaD: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
freshboi88:

What a very foolish question to ask. Is it not obvious that the angel is revealing the message of God to John. As seen in the preceding verse.
The Angel is speaking but relaying the message of Jesus
Rev 22: 6The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”
Rev 22:7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”
Pretty clear..........

Somebody who said he'll expose haddeylium has taken the first step to expose himself completely. That verse you just quoted has thrown you off balance that's why you don't know where to go from there.
And no, don't bring that idea of the angel relaying words of anybody here since you've decided to ignore the context of Revelation 1:1 so continue like that.
At Revelation 22:7, the angel said:
“I am coming quickly” whose words were these? If you say Jesus, how do you explain the channel of communication in Revelation 1:1?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Definitely it's cool to be put to shame Sir! cool

Emusan:

because you know you're a liar like your father the Devil.
And every lying mouth will be put to shame.
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Are you this pained you have to respond twice to a single post? cheesy

Anyway thanks for putting Maximus to shame Sir, it's cool to be put to shame! cool

freshboi88:

C this one o.....Go and hide ur head in shame. I overrated you when i accepted your debate. A debate u ran away from when I exposed Ur lies .

Now u have called ur oga. Watch how I will disgrace ur oga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2020
achorladey:

To the bold............ I believe you know what you are typing up there. That same thing they are expected to say boldly is?

Answer according to MaxInDHouse...Jesus said he's the one and only way to his God and father

and you went ahead to state............

Saying the above qualifies such group or organization as Jesus' true group

Let me see if you understand what you have just typed and posted.

So as an example, is Redeemed Christian church of God (RCCG) JESUS' TRUE GROUP?

John 17:6,26 whose name was made known to group ?

Acts 15:14 and 2 chronicles 7:14, the group approved by the true God, whose name does the group bear ?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Definitely it's cool to be put to shame Sir! cool

Brother Max, good evening...
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bible shoot down Jehovah's Witnesses doctrines but there is no religious group having a doctrine that could be brought forward to stand against JWs doctrine out of over 41,000 contradicting doctrines in Christendom! Isaiah 2:1

Definitely only JWs are on the highest mountain that's why all eyes can see our unique and outstanding doctrines! Matthew 5:13-16 smiley
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
Janosky my brother good evening! smiley

Janosky:

Brother Max, good evening...
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by freshboi88: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
DappaD:

Somebody who said he'll expose haddeylium has taken the first step to expose himself completely. That verse you just quoted has thrown you off balance that's why you don't know where to go from there.
And no, don't bring that idea of the angel relaying words of anybody here since you've decided to ignore the context of Revelation 1:1 so continue like that.
At Revelation 22:7, the angel said:
“I am coming quickly” whose words were these? If you say Jesus, how do you explain the channel of communication in Revelation 1:1?

Who is coming... Whose coming do we expect? Jesus!..

12“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

The one coming quickly (Jesus) says he is Alpha and Omega.

Rev 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

The Alpha and Omega says he is Almighty

Shikena........
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Janosky my brother good evening! smiley

Pls check your email..
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by DappaD: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
freshboi88:

Who is coming... Whose coming do we expect? Jesus!..
12“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
The one coming quickly (Jesus) says he is Alpha and Omega.
Rev 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
The Alpha and Omega says he is Almighty
Shikena........

Continue sounding like a broken record .
Again, the angel said: “I am coming” at Revelation 22:7, so what are your reasons for we expecting this unnamed angel(since context is to be ignored now)?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by freshboi88: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
DappaD:

Continue sounding like a broken record .
Again, the angel said: “I am coming” at Revelation 22:7, so what are your reasons for we expecting this unnamed angel(since context is to be ignored now)?

Man it's scripture my brother. No angel is coming.

The only person who is coming back to earth is the Lamb, Jesus Christ who says he is Alpha and Omega and that is the revelation the angel is telling John.

Maybe if u use your God given brain Nd not the shit JW elders put in your head, scripture will also make sense to you.

Dispute my point or forever keep shut
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by DappaD: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
freshboi88:

Man it's scripture my brother. No angel is coming.
The only person who is coming back to earth is the Lamb, Jesus Christ who says he is Alpha and Omega and that is the revelation the angel is telling John.
Maybe if u use your God given brain Nd not the shit JW elders put in your head, scripture will also make sense to you.
Dispute my point or forever keep shut

It's not when they've exposed you that you'll begin to use subtle tricks to appease the audience. Nobody be your brother for here.

Since it's not the angel who is coming and that those words originate from Jehovah God(not Jesus), then we can agree that it was Jehovah who spoke at Revelation 22:12-13 taking into consideration the channel of communication at Revelation 1:1 but it is Jesus who will act on Jehovah's orders. Mark 8:38; 2Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 19:11-15, 22:20

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by haddeylium(m): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
freshboi88:

What a very foolish question to ask. Is it not obvious that the angel is revealing the message of God to John. As seen in the preceding verse.

The Angel is speaking but relaying the message of Jesus

Rev 22: 6The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”
I like where you're rn
The Angel said: I'm Apha and Omega, the Almighty. (extracted)
is Jesus that Angel?

Rev 22:7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”
Pretty clear..........
Hmnn
Maybe you've a point with this verse. Maybe the Angel is Just reading a scroll authored by someone.
Who authored that scroll?
Then, we will know who owns that 'quotation'

one two

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by achorladey: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Janosky:

John 17:6,26 whose name was made known to group ?

Acts 15:14 and 2 chronicles 7:14, the group approved by the true God, whose name does the group bear ?

See me see question, the person wey get that post no bother to respond. I just allow am make e dey him lane jejely. You put mouth dey ask about name grin grin grin Wetin concern name with my own KWESHION grin grin grin

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Tcwork: 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Janosky:

Great observation !
Nobody sets out to insult others but sometimes you can't rule out your emotions (your feelings at that moment ) is vivid in the comments.
Biblical truth remains the same whatever the feelings of the poster.

Shalom
Don't you see, we all are trying to serve God. We are all trying to find peace and happiness.
This isn't a fight between light and darkness but between 2 people both trying to find the light.
The most knowledgeable among us, only knows but a tiny bit of the mysteries of God.
True we would discuss doctrines and differences but we can't forget that we are all on the same side. The side of truth.
No one has a monopoly of truths and the day we think we know enough is the day we stop learning.
I encourage discussion's and questions and even disagreement but we must remember that the spirit of contention is of the devil.
The spirit of God is of peace and love and gentleness.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by freshboi88: 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
haddeylium:

I like where you're rn
The Angel said: I'm Apha and Omega, the Almighty. (extracted)
is Jesus that Angel?

Hmnn
Maybe you've a point with this verse. Maybe the Angel is Just reading a scroll authored by someone.
Who authored that scroll?
Then, we will know who owns that 'quotation'

one two

The one who is coming soon is the Alpha and Omega. Is Jehovah coming soon?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
Tcwork:

Don't you see, we all are trying to serve God. We are all trying to find peace and happiness.
This isn't a fight between light and darkness but between 2 people both trying to find the light.
The most knowledgeable among us, only knows but a tiny bit of the mysteries of God.
True we would discuss doctrines and differences but we can't forget that we are all on the same side. The side of truth.
No one has a monopoly of truths and the day we think we know enough is the day we stop learning.
I encourage discussion's and questions and even disagreement but we must remember that the spirit of contention is of the devil.
Bros, what's your view on this topic of discussion- Trinity?
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
Double whammy for who dey DECEIVE himself about Revelation 22:13 when he no know the meaning of Revelation 1:1
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Tcwork: 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, what's your view on this topic of discussion- Trinity?
Shalom.
We should create another thread for that.
But I believe God the eternal father and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
The 3 are distinct but one in purpose. They work together for the eternal salvation of mankind.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
The bolded is exactly what brought over 8,700,000 people from different races under the heavens together as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers!
Jesus is the one who established it, some will be equipped to teach others {Matthew 28:20} but Satan also arranged for teachers to mislead many people {Matthew 24:11} the only way to distinguish between Jesus' setting and Satan's is the fruit they're producing {Matthew 7:15-20} that's why Jesus begged God on his knees for his true disciples to be ONE in thought {John 17:20-23} but what about those misinformed under Satan's agents? They will be SCATTERED {Luke 11:23} instead of agreeing on terms they will continue to divide as they're not humble to learn, each of them wants to teach so they'll continue to contradict one another.
But because Jesus' group will remain united in faith the SCATTERED people will hate them! John 17:14

All these i knew after reading the four gospels when i was still practicing Islam, all my thinking is that Jesus was talking about the Muslims since we worship the same way.
But something is still missing! We are not united, there is no LOVE, JOY and no PEACE in Islam even though we often say peace unto the householder" "Salam Aleikum"

So i continue on the lookout for the group Jesus is talking about, then i discovered the JWs!
There is no weapon carrier in their midst, they don't engage in politics so it makes things easier for them to love their fellow believers from any race, and they're ever ready to share what they know with others! Micah 4:1-3

My friend, there should be LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} in God's Organization but in the gathering of Satan's agents there can never be PEACE, that's why you can never find any other religious group having PEACE on this planet again! smiley

Tcwork:

Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
Please can you expatiate on that PURPOSE? undecided

Tcwork:

We should create another thread for that.
But I believe God the eternal father and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
The 3 are distinct but one in purpose. They work together for the eternal salvation of mankind.
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Preciousgirl:

The devil is a liar,

Matthew 4:8-9, John 12:31 and 2 Corinthians 4:4, is Jesus, John and Paul lying or this pikin is LYING?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Tcwork: 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Please can you expatiate on that PURPOSE? undecided

I thought I was clear enough. When a Christian is baptized, it is done in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
The 3 together work to lead all souls back to God.
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
Emusan:

Jesus is your Master, LORD and King?
Yet you twist Jesus word and didn't believe in the testimony of the Father who sent His Son.

Jesus Himself said

ASV: For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

The will of the Father is to believe on the one He sent.

And to believe in Jesus "12 But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:" is to become God's Children "who were [a]born, not of [b]blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:13

Which corroborate with Jesus statement that not everyone saying to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven but those doing the will of my Father which is in heaven.

That's why you and millions who will live forever in paradise earth are not doing the will of Jesus Father because all those doing the Father's will enter into kingdom of heaven

*1)
Mr LIENUS says Jesus is Yahweh, the Father.
He sent himself cheesy cheesy

Bros, do you believe Psalms 37:29 & Matthew 5:5 the words of David & Jesus Christ?
Your 3 spirits deity dey give you Expo wey Jesus & David no know grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2020
freshboi88:

Even though u have refused to open your heart. I will still tell u the truth.

We are contesting who Jesus is. Was he a servant before he came to earth?

From scripture the answer is No.

Phil 2:7 Instead, he gave up his divine privilegesb;

he took the humble position of a slave.

If this is not clear to you. Then we have to move on from this

If he dropped something and pick up the position of a slave. Then with his divine privileges he is not a slave simple.

No dey DECEIVE yourself cheesy
Isaiah 42:1.. Matthew 12:15-18. *My Servant..." Servant Of whom?
Acts 3:13 even after Jesus left the earth, he is still a Servant Of whom?.

Revelation 3:5,12, Jesus in heaven says "my Father, my God".. a servant of whom?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2020
Tcwork:

I thought I was clear enough. When a Christian is baptized, it is done in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
The 3 together work to lead all souls back to God.

Bros, This statement:
"In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost",

Do you realize that no baptism was done in the holy Scriptures where the statement was made?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 12:14am On Dec 30, 2020
livingchrist:
yes they are many and Jehovah witness is one of such lead by satan.
No wonder it is called an organization not a church, it is satan's organisation, Jesus own is the church not a satanic organisation called Jehovah witness

Is 2 Chronicles 7:14 , Acts 15:14 , John 17:6,26 in your Bible?

Whose name was made known to the people , group, Organization called by God's name?

ACT 2:42-47 no dey your Bible grin grin cheesy
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by freshboi88: 12:29am On Dec 30, 2020
Janosky:

Revelation 3:5,12, Jesus in heaven says "my Father, my God".. a servant of whom?

Are u a servant to your Father....ode!!!
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by freshboi88: 1:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Janosky:

Sense no just follow you.

Philippians will cure your delusion now.

Phil 2:7rather, he made himself nothing

by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness

You want us to believe that Jesus was a servant before his incarnation.

But look at bolded can u explain y Jesus will have to take up the nature of servant of he was already one?
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Janosky: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2020
freshboi88:

Sense no just follow you.

Philippians will cure your delusion now.

Phil 2:7rather, he made himself nothing

by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness

You want us to believe that Jesus was a servant before his incarnation.

But look at bolded can u explain y Jesus will have to take up the nature of servant of he was already one?

John 3:16, Isaiah 42:1.. Matthew 12:15-18. *My Servant..." Servant of whom?

Romans 8:3 Who sent Jesus to take up the nature of a servant?

John 3:16, Romans 8:3, Matthew 12:15-18 did Jesus tell you he's not a servant?

We know who no get SENSE of the holy Scriptures grin cheesy
Re: How The Bible Shoots Down Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrine by Tcwork: 5:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, This statement:
"In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost",

Do you realize that no baptism was done in the holy Scriptures where the statement was made?
I was only quoting Jesus Christ in Matthew 28.19

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / When We Die! / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.