Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8517 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:46am On Dec 10, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 10TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* THE PROMISED MESSIAH
*BIBLE READING:* MICAH 5: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. Marshal your troops, O city of troops, for a siege is laid against us. They will strike Israel's ruler on the cheek with a rod.
2. "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."
3. Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labour gives birth and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.
4. He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.
5. And he will be their peace. When the Assyrian invades our land and marches through our fortresses, we will raise against him seven shepherds, even eight leaders of men.
6. They will rule the land of Assyria with the sword, the land of Nimrod with drawn sword. He will deliver us from the Assyrian when he invades our land and marches into our borders.

In exactly fifteen days, Christians will be commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas. Jesus is God's chosen Messiah, not just because He Himself said that about Himself, but also because God foretold that long time ago through the prophets. Today's passage is one of such prophecies. Micah predicts that this Shepherd-Messiah will protect the faithful (v.4), bring peace to them (v.5), and unify and preserve God's people (v.3). Ultimately the authority and influence of this Messiah will extend not just among His followers, but to the ends of the earth. In one of Christ's final talks to His disciples, He said, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid" (John 14:27).

Because of Christ's first coming, we have the opportunity to experience peace with God with no more fear of judgment and no more conflicts and guilt. Christ's peace gives us assurance; at Christ's second coming, all wars, conflicts and weapons will be destroyed (4:3-5). 1f your faith is in Christ today, you are truly blessed. However, if your faith is not yet in Christ, it is crucial that you consider accepting Him into your heart today.

*PRAYER:*
Lord Jesus, I give You my life; may Your presence bring complete peace for me. *Amen.*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"This is our time on the history line of God. This is it. What will we do with the one deep exhale of God on this earth? For we are but a vapor and we have to make it count. We're on. Direct us, Lord, and get us on our feet."–_ *Beth Moore*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties ENDS 11TH DECEMBER...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 11TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* THE RULE OF CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* MICAH 5: 7-15 *(NIV)*

7. The remnant of Jacob will be in the midst of many peoples like dew from the LORD, like showers on the grass, which do not wait for man or linger for mankind.
8. The remnant of Jacob will be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, like a lion among the beasts of the forest, like a young lion among flocks of sheep, which mauls and mangles as it goes, and no-one can rescue.
9. Your hand will be lifted up in triumph over your enemies, and all your foes will be destroyed.
10. "In that day," declares the LORD, "I will destroy your horses from among you and demolish your chariots.
11. I will destroy the cities of your land and tear down all your strongholds.
12. I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.
13. I will destroy your carved images and your sacred stones from among you; you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands.
14. I will uproot from among you your Asherah poles and demolish your cities.
15. I will take vengeance in anger and wrath upon the nations that have not obeyed me."

In our days as Christian undergraduates in the university, we were taught to stand against sin and evil wherever we are. So it was that if you had a Christian in your class, it was difficult, if not impossible to cheat in an exam because she/he will report you. Verse 8 points us to the word of God concerning "the remnant of Jacob" - today's believers. You are meant to be among the gentiles (unbelievers) as lion among the flocks of sheep, "who, if he passes through, both treads down and tears in pieces." In this I see God's desire for us in a sense. We are supposed to tear down ungodliness wherever we pass and whenever we see it.

The Lord has positioned you as a battle-axe to tread down and to tear down evil and sin. Are you doing just that? Are you busy complaining about corruption in the nation, for example, without doing what you can where you are? You are the salt of the environment where Heaven has placed you. Tear down unrighteousness in your little environment. If we all do in our little places, the bigger environment, and indeed the nation will be the better for it. Establish the rule of Christ where you are. You are the child of the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

Lord, I believe You have made me a lion where I am. Give me the grace to stand for You. *Amen.*

_"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."–_ *Chuck Swindoll*

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties ENDS 11TH DECEMBER...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 12TH DECEMBER, 2021 _*(Advent 3)*_ *THEME:* WHO ARE YOU?
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 19-28 *(NIV)*

19. Now this was John's testimony when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.
20. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, "I am not the Christ."
21. They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No."
22. Finally they said, "Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?"
23. John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert,`Make straight the way for the Lord.'"
24. Now some Pharisees who had been sent
25. questioned him, "Why then do you baptise if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"
26. "I baptise with water," John replied, "but among you stands one you do not know.
27. He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie."
28. This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptising.

Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to John to ask one question: "Who are you? Sometimes, we are offended when someone asks us who we are, particularly in a derogatory manner. We feel slighted; we feel belittled. But if handled positively, it can be a good opportunity for a biblical self-evaluation. It should make us to truly ask if we are the persons we claim to be, or ask if we are truly the persons others perceive us to be. Are you truly the godly
Christian person others think you are? Do you truly fit the profile you deliberately built for yourself; in other words, are you a hypocrite?

The way John handled the situation is very instructive. First, he _"confessed, and did not deny"_ , _"I am not the Christ"_ (NKJV). Brother, sister, do others think you are a Christian when you truly are not? Is your wife thinking that the child she has for you is your first child, meanwhile you had a child out of wedlock and she still does not know? Are you running around with your husband for prayers to conceive when you know that while you were in the world, your womb was damaged in an abortion? Confess! Truth sets free. Please make straight the way of the Lord.

*ACTION:*
Rise up today and handle every wrong impression you have deliberately created of yourself.

_"We don't think there's something wrong with one-year-old children because they can't walk perfectly. They fall down frequently, but we pick them up, love them, bandage them if necessary, and keep working with them. Surely our heavenly Father can do even more for us than we do for our children."—_ *Joyce Meyer*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:44am On Dec 14, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 14TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* GOD'S REQUIREMENT
*BIBLE READING:* MICAH 6: 6-16 *(NIV)*

6. With what shall I come before the LORD and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?
7. Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8. He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
9. Listen! The LORD is calling to the city--and to fear your name is wisdom--"Heed the rod and the One who appointed it.
10. Am I still to forget, O wicked house, your ill-gotten treasures and the short ephah, which is accursed?
11. Shall I acquit a man with dishonest scales, with a bag of false weights?
12. Her rich men are violent; her people are liars and their tongues speak deceitfully.
13. Therefore, I have begun to destroy you, to ruin you because of your sins.
14. You will eat but not be satisfied; your stomach will still be empty. You will store up but save nothing, because what you save I will give to the sword.
15. You will plant but not harvest; you will press olives but not use the oil on yourselves, you will crush grapes but not drink the wine.
16. You have observed the statutes of Omri and all the practices of Ahab's house, and you have followed their traditions. Therefore I will give you over to ruin and your people to derision; you will bear the scorn of the nations."

Yesterday we began to take a look at what our proper response should be to God for salvation, and we identified it to be genuine appreciative worship. Today, we identify another and yet they are related. With what should you really come before God? Give Him thousands of rams _(proceeds from your business or employment)?_ Should it be fruit of your body _(dedicating your children to His service)?_ Verse 5 points us to another desire of God concerning us. and indeed He has shown us. It is to do justly. Are you a just person? It is also to love mercy. Are you merciful? Do you show mercy to those you think do not deserve to be so treated? Recall that Jesus made it clear that the merciful are blessed because they alone 'qualify' for mercy, even God's mercy.

Finally, it is _"to walk humbly with your God."_ Humility is fast becoming a scarce commodity in our generation. Many advertising practices and the social media are teaching us to project ourselves, in a sense, *"sell"* ourselves. We have even become very loud with our spiritual gifting, as if we did not receive them. Note that Scripture is clear that God will not walk with the proud and the scornful. Humble yourself to walk with God.

Dear Lord, please give me a humble heart that loves mercy. *Amen.*

_"We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God."—_ *Max Lucado*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotiona
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2021
✝� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
Date: 2021-12-15

✝�TOPIC: LOOK UP

✝�TEXT: Micah 7:1-7 (NKJV)

1. Woe is me! For I am like those who gather summer fruits, Like those who glean vintage grapes; [There is no] cluster to eat Of the first-ripe fruit [which] my soul desires.
2. The faithful [man] has perished from the earth, And [there is] no one upright among men. They all lie in wait for blood; Every man hunts his brother with a net.
3. That they may successfully do evil with both hands -- The prince asks [for gifts,] The judge [seeks] a bribe, And the great [man] utters his evil desire; So they scheme together.
4. The best of them [is] like a brier; The most upright [is sharper] than a thorn hedge; The day of your watchman and your punishment comes; Now shall be their perplexity.
5. Do not trust in a friend; Do not put your confidence in a companion; Guard the doors of your mouth From her who lies in your bosom.
6. For son dishonors father, Daughter rises against her mother, Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; A man's enemies [are] the men of his own household.
7. Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.

✝�STUDY

Sometimes life comes crashing in; you feel all is lost; there is no hope and disappointment fills the air. See the situation of the prophet Micah as he sorrowed over Israel's sin. The attendant consequences somewhat describes our nation today, and this may very well describe even your personal situation: There is no cluster to eat of the first-ripe fruit; there is the lack of faithful and upright men; princes ask for bribe, etc. It indeed looks like a hopeless situation until you get to verse 7: "Therefore I will look to the LORD: I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me. "

The situation in our nation today looks hopeless; but that is when we choose to stop at verse 6. Even as an individual, are you going through a difficult situation? It could be the loss of a loved one, or the loss of a job. It could be disappointment or betrayal. Whatever it may be, I encourage you to do the two things in verse 7: Look to the Lord. Maybe you've been looking at humans for too long. Stop looking around. Look up. (ii) Wait for God. Hear the prophet's firm conclusion: "God will hear me." Let this be your assurance today.

✝� PRAYER: Thank You, Lord, that You are the God who hears.

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties is still ON...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:22am On Dec 16, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 16TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* RISE UP
*BIBLE READING:* MICAH 7: 8-10 *(NIV)*

8. Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.
9. Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD's wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.
10. Then my enemy will see it and will be covered with shame, she who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God?" My eyes will see her downfall; even now she will be trampled underfoot like mire in the streets.

As she sobbed, I could hear her saying: "I know why this is happening to me." A particular sickness had come upon her, and she felt convinced it was the punishment she was getting for being involved in an incestuous relationship with her brother. That particular counseling session was difficult even for me. Sin, of course, has devastating consequences and we all should steer clear of it. However, it is not altogether a hopeless case for one who has fallen. There is forgiveness with God; if we confess, He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us (1Jn. 1:9). This is why the enemy's rejoicing is premature: _"When I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me "_ (v.cool.

Have you fallen? Rise up in confession and genuine repentance and God will forgive you. You are not a complete failure because you mistakenly fell; but you will be if you remain down. You can find forgiveness and receive strength and grace to continue. Even if you have sat in darkness, allow the Lord to be a light to you now. He is ever willing to aid you. This is why the enemy of your soul must not rejoice over you. Be encouraged; God will plead your case and execute justice for you (v.9).

*ACTION:* Rise up!

_"Whatever makes men good Christians; makes them good citizens." -_ *Daniel Webster*

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties is still ON...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:11am On Dec 17, 2021
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-12-17

✝�TOPIC: HE DELIGHTS IN MERCY

✝�TEXT: Micah 7:11-20 (NKJV)

11. [In] the day when your walls are to be built, [In] that day the decree shall go far and wide.
12. [In] that day they shall come to you From Assyria and the fortified cities, From the fortress to the River, From sea to sea, And mountain [to] mountain.
13. Yet the land shall be desolate Because of those who dwell in it, And for the fruit of their deeds.
14. Shepherd Your people with Your staff, The flock of Your heritage, Who dwell solitarily [in] a woodland, In the midst of Carmel; Let them feed [in] Bashan and Gilead, As in days of old.
15. "As in the days when you came out of the land of Egypt, I will show them wonders."
16. The nations shall see and be ashamed of all their might; They shall put [their] hand over [their] mouth; Their ears shall be deaf.
17. They shall lick the dust like a serpent; They shall crawl from their holes like snakes of the earth. They shall be afraid of the LORD our God, And shall fear because of You.
18. Who [is] a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights [in] mercy.
19. He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea.
20. You will give truth to Jacob [And] mercy to Abraham, Which You have sworn to our fathers From days of old.

✝�STUDY

One of the things that I do not understand is the "largeness" of God's heart. His willingness to forgive sins because of what Jesus did on the cross remains the core of Christianity; indeed this is what sets Christianity apart, this is the unique message of love found in no other religion. The amazing thing is that God does not just show us mercy, but He delights in doing so. In other words, it gives Him joy to show us mercy; He does not do it grudgingly. No one who does not make Heaven should blame God; no one who carries on his shoulder the weight of sin can blame God either. He indeed delights in mercy.

Take time today to note what God does to us in mercy and why there is no one like Him: He pardons the sins (iniquity) of His people, passing over the transgression of His heritage; He does not retain His anger forever; He delights in mercy; He will have compassion on us and will subdue our iniquities; He casts our sins into the depths of the sea; He gives truth to Jacob; He gives mercy to Abraham. All these should make you fall on your knees and give Him praise.

✝� PRAYER: I thank You Lord that You delight in mercy.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:14am On Dec 18, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 18TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* GLIMPSES OF MERCY
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 1: 1-17 *(NIV)*

1. A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham:
2. Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,
3. Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar, Perez the father of Hezron, Hezron the father of Ram,
4. Ram the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon,
5. Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse,
6. and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife,
7. Solomon the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, Abijah the father of Asa,
8. Asa the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram, Jehoram the father of Uzziah,
9. Uzziah the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,
10. Hezekiah the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of Amon, Amon the father of Josiah,
11. and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.
12. After the exile to Babylon: Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel, Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,
13. Zerubbabel the father of Abiud, Abiud the father of Eliakim, Eliakim the father of Azor,
14. Azor the father of Zadok, Zadok the father of Akim, Akim the father of Eliud,
15. Eliud the father of Eleazar, Eleazar the father of Matthan, Matthan the father of Jacob,
16. and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
17. Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ.

I spoke to a female student about Christ and her answer was that she couldn't be a Christian, but she didn't tell me why. Over the course of the semester, I found a few other opportunities to remind her that Christ was still interested in her. As I checked my pigeonhole one day, she came by and again I reminded her of the message of salvation. She finally said, "Today I will tell you why I cannot be a Christian. I can't because I'm hooked on drugs." She surrendered to Christ as she heard He is willing to save even a drug addict. The genealogy of Christ is replete with "glimpses of mercy." Jacob wasted many years cheating, yet God brought him in. Judah committed incest, but repentance firmly positioned him in the genealogy of Christ.

Rahab, a former harlot found a space, becoming the mother of Boaz; Boaz married Ruth, a Moabite, who should ordinarily not come near the covenant. But she became the mother of Obed, the father of Jesse, through whom David came. And Jesus is the "Son of David." Just like yesterday, we see the theme of mercy continuing. Have you taken advantage of the mercy of God? Are you saved? If you are, again thank Him for your salvation. If you are not, go on your knees now and do so. You'll be saved.

Lord, help me spread Your message of mercy. *Amen.*

_"You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read."–_ *John MacArthur*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2021
Date: 2021-12-19
(Fourth Sunday of Advent)

✝�TOPIC: EMPOWERED

✝�TEXT: Luke 1:26-38 (NKJV)

26. Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27. to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name [was] Mary.
28. And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored [one,] the Lord [is] with you; blessed [are] you among women!"
29. But when she saw [him,] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
30. Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31. "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
32. "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
33. "And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
34. Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
35. And the angel answered and said to her, "[The] Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
36. "Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren.
37. "For with God nothing will be impossible."
38. Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

✝�STUDY

The Angel was sent by God to speak to Mary about what God intended to do with and through her. Humanly speaking, what she heard was absolutely impossible; in fact, it had never been heard. How could a woman conceive without knowing a man? The answer she got is worth considering: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Highest will overshadow you" (v.35). It was this that enabled the impossible in and through Mary. She eventually had Jesus, just as God said through the angel. This was because Mary was willing to surrender completely to the Lord, even though she did not fully understand.

Today. God is still looking for lives that will "conceive" the life of Christ; lives that will be pregnant with the lifestyle of love and obedience to God, which Christ exemplified. There are still many areas of our world that need the gospel to be "born" in them, areas that need lives that will practically live out the kingdom lifestyle among them as a testimony for Christ. Anyone who will surrender like Mary did; anyone who is willing to say like Mary: "Be it unto me according to your word" (v.38) will certainly be a candidate. By the power of the Holy Spirit today, we still can bear the life of Christ about in our fallen world; we still can be effective witnesses of His life and resurrection power. Will you enlist?

✝�PRAYER: Empower me afresh, dear Lord.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On Dec 20, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 20TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* THE CURE FOR SIN
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 1: 18-25 *(NIV)*

18. This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.
19. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
21. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
22. All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had said through the prophet:
23. "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"-- which means, "God with us."
24. When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.
25. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Even a casual observer today will notice that there is a very high level of wickedness in humans. From the senseless slaughter of others in the name of religion to kidnapping for ransom; from same- Sex marriage to fighting for the right of homosexual couples to have and raise children; from political and economic corruption to the killing of political opponents, our world is in a mess. While analysts point to many causes in their attempt to explain why we are in the present chaos, one thing is hardly admissible - sin. Sin is the cause of all ills in the society. The hearts of men and women have become so perverted because hearts are sick and need regeneration. But this state of affairs did not start today. It started the day Adam and Eve compromised the commandment of God and ate the forbidden fruit.

God knows this; and in His love, He provided a cure. "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins" (v.21). Jesus is the cure for sin; He is the hope of the world. Politicians do not have the answers; the answer is not in the hands of the military. No one, no policy, no civilization can change the heart of man. Only Jesus can! This is why He came. Have you allowed Him to change your heart? Is sin still ruling you? Surrender to Jesus!

Lord, I yield completely to You.

_“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”_ *(Romans 8:28)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2021
Date: 2021-12-21

✝�TOPIC: COME WORSHIP HIM TOO

✝�TEXT: Matthew 2:1-12 (NKJV)

1. Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
2. saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
3. When Herod the king heard [this,] he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
5. So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
6. 'But you, Bethlehem, [in] the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.' "
7. Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found [Him,] bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also."
9. When they heard the king, they departed; and behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy.
11. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
12. Then, being divinely warned in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed for their own country another way.

✝�STUDY

At the time Jesus was born, one would think the chief priests and scribes would be the first to go to Bethlehem, having heard rumours that the Saviour had been born. But no, it was a few unknown strangers (the Magi) from a distant land. When they arrived Jerusalem and inquired, the chief priests and scribes were quick to provide the answer regarding where Jesus was born. They had knowledge but did not act on it. These wise men followed God's lead in the face of great risks and danger, demonstrating a striking example of faith, until they came to where Jesus was born. When they saw the little child, they fell down and worshipped Him and presented costly and significant gifts. They believed Christ even though they had never seen Him, without any miracles or teachings to convince or persuade them. This is the kind of faith God delights to honour!

The worship of the Magi implies that God's redemption goes beyond the Jews. Jesus came for all people - rich and poor. The grace of God is wide and reaches to all people. All it takes is faith God and grace will be available. The world may afford to be careless and unbelieving, but you should not be ashamed to believe in Jesus, confess and worship Him.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to reach out to others with the Good News
today!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:24am On Dec 22, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 22ND DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* GOD WILL GUIDE AND GUARD YOU
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 2: 19-23 *(NIV)*

19. After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
20. and said, "Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead."
21. So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel.
22. But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee,
23. and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."

In this passage, God directs Joseph three times by dreams as to when to escape into Egypt with the little child; when to return to Canaan _(after Herod and others that sought Jesus' life had died),_ and in what city to dwell. By this we see Joseph charged with the committed care of the infant Saviour and of His mother.

God often inflicts judgments on those who persecute His people. But He guides and protects His people. Several persecutors have died in the manner that Herod did, and others have been cut off suddenly in God's wrath. The kindness shown to Joseph and the Christ child give us reason to expect and trust God to guide His people when they are perplexed and guard them when in danger. True believers are dear to God as the apple of His eye - and those who dare to hurt or mock them are detested. Does the environment you live in seem hostile and life threatening? Trust in God and do His will. Trust no chariots or horses. Remember it is God's part to direct, and ours to obey. Learn to dwell in the secret place of the Most High and the Lord will guide and guard you. Don't be too anxious or distracted by the Herods of our time.

Father, guide and guard me through life's challenges and deliver me from evil. *Amen.*

_“Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God.”_ *(Isaiah 50:10)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:43am On Dec 23, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 23RD DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* REPENT AND TURN TO GOD
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 3: 1-17 *(NIV)*

1. In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea
2. and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."
3. This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: "A voice of one calling in the desert,`Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.'"
4. John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt round his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey.
5. People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan.
6. Confessing their sins, they were baptised by him in the Jordan River.
7. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptising, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
8. Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
9. And do not think you can say to yourselves,`We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
10. The axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
11. "I baptise you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
12. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing-floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
13. Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptised by John.
14. But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptised by you, and do you come to me?"
15. Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfil all righteousness." Then John consented.
16. As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
17. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

John the Baptist's mission in life seems to be to introduce Jesus as God's promised Messiah. In this passage, he called people to repentance because of their sins and wickedness. His message was an announcement that the kingdom of heaven was near. The King was soon to appear and John did not even consider himself worthy to carry His sandals. The people listening to John didn't need to be told what to repent of. They already knew and so many came
forward to confess, repent and be baptised. John also used the opportunity to warn those who trusted in their biological link to Abraham.

This message is still relevant today. The Lord Jesus Christ is coming again and this time it will be to judge men. He has commanded us to preach to people and to warn them that He is coming to judge the living and the dead. People need to repent and forsake their evil ways. What area of your life is not under the full Lordship and authority of God? Is there any habit you have that is not pleasing to Him? If so, you need to repent and turn away from such today! Surrender yourself fully to God. Take advantage of His grace, which is available today. It is your only hope.

Lord, I confess and repent of all my sins. Cleanse me and draw me to Yourself. *Amen.*

_“Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.”_ *(Psalm 126:5)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 24TH DECEMBER, 2021 _*(Christmas Eve)*_ *THEME:* JESUS OUR PEACE
*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 2: 1-14 *(NIV)*

1. In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.
2. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
3. And everyone went to his own town to register.
4. So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
5. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.
6. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born,
7. and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
8. And there were shepherds living out in the fields near by, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
9. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
11. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
12. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14. "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests."

When Caesar Augustus ordered that a census be conducted so he could determine how to tax the people for his luxury and ease, he didn't care about the inconveniences people would face. Mary and Joseph were not spared the trouble. They were not fortunate to get a room anywhere in town but a lonely stable. It was there Jesus was born. Shepherds in the field had the privilege of being informed about this birth by an angel who also pointed them to where the baby lay. Suddenly an army of angels appeared in the sky praising God saying, _"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!"_

Jesus came to inaugurate peace among God's people. A heart bent on showing the glory of God will know the peace of God. Peace does not come through money and power of kings, but through Jesus Christ. And the all-important peace with God comes only to those who believe Jesus Christ for eternal life. If you want peace to reign in your life, then Christ must rule in your life as the
glorious Person. True and lasting peace is available to you today if you choose to do God's will- to believe Jesus Christ for eternal life!

Lord, please come into my heart and rule my life in everything. *Amen.*

_“No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage …”_ *(Joshua 1:5)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 25TH DECEMBER, 2021 _*(The Nativity of Our Lord/Christmas Day)*_ *THEME:* WELCOME CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 1-14 *(NIV)*

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
6. There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John.
7. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
8. He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.
9. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
12. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13. who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Today we celebrate the most extraordinary event ever in history - the incarnation of Jesus, the fact that God in Christ Jesus chose to come to earth in human flesh. The Son of God became visible and walked among us, full of grace and truth. But the great tragedy of history is that when He came to His own people (Jews), He was not accepted (v.11). The humble and the lowly shepherds welcomed Him. They recognised the Messiah for whom He truly is, but the holy and religious people did not. The priests and the religious people should have been there to welcome Christ - but they are the ones who missed Him.

God meets us when in our humility and poverty of spirit we welcome Christ into our lives. Today, Christ seeks people that will welcome Him in the only way that is right - by giving Him their hearts this Christmas! Will you be one? He seeks hearts into which He will be born! Let's show our gratitude to God for His love by our willingness and openness to welcome and allow Christ dwell and work within us to make us whole for His second coming. The issue today is not what we will eat or drink but whether we will accept and welcome Christ into our lives.

Lord Jesus, welcome into my heart; be born anew in me today. *Amen.*

_“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”_ *(Philippians 4:13)*

*MERRY CHRISTMAS & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 26TH DECEMBER, 2021 _*(First Sunday After Christmas)*_ *THEME:* YOU CAN BEHOLD HIS GLORY
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1:14-18 *(NIV)*

14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said,`He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'"
16. From the fulness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18. No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

John identifies Jesus as the Word who was in the beginning with God, and was God, who was life, and the light of men that came into the world. Although many did not receive Him, yet those who received Him were given the right to become children of God. The Word became flesh and lived among men! John walked with Him closely and tells us that what caught his (John's) attention was the glory that he saw in Jesus. This glory refers to Christ's personal excellence or majesty.

When Jesus walked among men, they saw His glory- the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
* the glory of His grace (vv. 14b-17),
* the glory of His truth (vv. 14b, 17),
* the glory of His superiority (v.15), and
* the glory of His revelation (v.18).
What a wonderful experience it must have been to behold the glory of Christ! It undoubtedly transformed the life of John and the others who saw Him. We may not have seen Jesus in the flesh, but we can still behold His glory even now, through the testimony of His apostles, the Word of God and when Jesus comes again in glory. When you behold His glory, let it transform your life. Then when Christ comes, we will be glorified together with Him!

Father, open my eyes that I may behold Your glory and be transformed in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“If God is for us, who can be against us?”_ *(Romans 8:31)*

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties ends 31st December...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Dec 27, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 27TH DECEMBER, 2021 _*(St John's Day)*_ *THEME:* YOU CAN BE JOHN TOO
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 21:19-24 *(NIV)*

19. Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!"
20. Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?"wink
21. When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"
22. Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."
23. Because of this, the rumour spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"
24. This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

In this passage, Jesus restored Peter to the work of ministry with a summary statement to "follow me!" Peter understood that it meant to follow even unto death. But turning around and seeing John-the disciple whom the Lord loved, Peter asked Jesus what would happen to John. John was described as the one whom Jesus loved; maybe it was because he cultivated a deeper relationship with Jesus than others.

John was never satisfied just to be a disciple. He sat where others did not sit (John 13:23), heard the Lord's heart beat and felt the warmth of His love! John followed and stood where others did not (John 19:25-27), close to Calvary and had the privilege of taking the mother of Jesus home to stay with him and living with her as her son! It was John who also identified the Lord when He stood on the shore and asked if they had any fish (John 21:7). It was of John that Jesus said what would happen to him is none of Peter's business. John was one of the disciples but chose to be different from others. You too can be a disciple whom Jesus loves if you choose to take your relationship with Him deeper like John, through prayers, study, obedience to His will and choosing to please Him above all things.

Lord Jesus, help me love You more and more. *Amen.*

_“Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.”_ *(Isaiah 46:4)*

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties ends 31st December...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2021
✝� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
Date: 2021-12-28
(Holy Innocents)

✝�TOPIC: INNOCENCE IS NOT IMMUNITY

✝�TEXT: Matthew 2:13-19 (NKJV)

13. Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."
14. When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt,
15. and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, "Out of Egypt I called My Son."
16. Then Herod, when he saw that he was deceived by the wise men, was exceedingly angry; and he sent forth and put to death all the male children who were in Bethlehem and in all its districts, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the wise men.
17. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying:
18. "A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping [for] her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more."
19. But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,

✝�STUDY

The Magi from the East came looking for the one born to be King of the Jews. Their inquiry caused the entire city to be gripped with fear. Even King Herod trembled for his throne. Through deceit, he tried to trick the wise men into leading him to where Jesus was born. When he realised that they didn't return to him, he became furious and ordered the killing of every baby boy in the vicinity of Bethlehem, believing that the new king would surely be among them. The sounds of wailing and lamentation, sobs and tears, filled the air. Thus the Innocents of Bethlehem were martyred by Herod's fury. They died, but God saved the Christ-child.

It is interesting to note that in the fullness of time, Christ stood before another Herod and eventually shed His blood in an innocent suffering and death to save all mankind including the innocent children of Bethlehem. Jesus and the people at the first Christmas experienced trouble and sorrow at the hands of Herod; we, too, may experience sorrow, suffering or even death in this life. But the joy is that nothing can separate us from God's love in Christ - not even death. Jesus is always victorious, and in Him we are victorious.

✝� PRAYER: Lord. give me grace to be blameless even in times of
adversity. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:48am On Dec 29, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 29TH DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* READINESS FOR THE LORD'S RETURN
*BIBLE READING:* 1 THESSALONIANS 5:1-11 *(NIV)*

1. But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others [do,] but let us watch and be sober.
7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and [as] a helmet the hope of salvation.
9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

In 1 Thessalonians 4, Paul discussed the comfort that there is in the coming of Jesus Christ. In this last chapter, he tells us how to prepare for His coming in view of the fact that the Lord's coming will be a surprise for many, as a thief in the night. For some, that day will be a day of destruction but for others, it will be a day of rejoicing. It will depend on the preparation people make for His coming.

Knowing that the return of the Lord is not only at hand but unknown, we are called upon to prepare for that day. The first thing to do is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as Lord and Saviour. This is important because God has appointed us to salvation only through Jesus Christ. We are to walk in the light being sons of the light and of the day, casting off all works of darkness. We are to be watchful and sober, being prayerful and living a penitent life. We are to put on the whole armour of God, living by the word of God and actively participating in the Lord's church. Are you prepared? Will He find you ready when He comes? Will you be ready should you die before He comes?

Lord, help me by Your grace to be prepared for Your second coming. *Amen.*

_“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith.”_ *(1 John 5:4)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2021
Date: 2021-12-30

✝�TOPIC: WHILE WE WAIT

✝�TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-15 (NKJV)

12. And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,
13. and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. Be at peace among yourselves.
14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.
15. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.

✝�STUDY

Christians are members of the body of Christ and so members of one family. As the bride of Christ, we are looking forward to the day our Lord Jesus - the bridegroom - shall come to take us home. In the meantime, we have an obligation towards one another. Paul in this passage mentions such to include: - recognising and acknowledging those who serve us in different capacities - teachers, evangelists, etc.

Those who have been placed over us, who admonish us such as elders, bishops and pastors, are to be esteemed and regarded highly. We are to respect and love one another, living at peace with all people while we wait for the coming of the Lord. Those in need are to be taken care of. Some may not know they have need of help or beware of their need, yet our duty remains. We are to warn the
unruly, comfort and encourage the fainthearted, uphold the weak and be patient while doing good to all people. As we wait for the coming for the Lord, we are not to wait alone. As you go out today be careful to recognise and respect others for their God-given responsibilities while fulfilling your own obligation towards them.

✝� PRAYER: Lord, help me to be more prepared as I await Your return.
Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:18am On Dec 31, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 31ST DECEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* 1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-28 *(NIV)*

16. Be joyful always;
17. pray continually;
18. give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
19. Do not put out the Spirit's fire;
20. do not treat prophecies with contempt.
21. Test everything. Hold on to the good.
22. Avoid every kind of evil.
23. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
25. Brothers, pray for us.
26. Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss.
27. I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.
28. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Generally, we often picture God's will as something complicated, impressive or some painful sacrifices. However, verses 16-18 give us three simple things that are part of God's will for us.
* The first is that we rejoice always. This doesn't mean denying your feelings of sadness and putting on a fake happy face. We rejoice because we know that God is completely in control.
* The second is to pray without ceasing. We are not to pray non-stop, but frequently and persistently. Through prayers, we lay hold on the riches that we have in Christ, which are the source of true joy.
* The third is to give thanks in everything.

God's will is not simply moral obligations for our spiritual wellbeing but the manifestations of the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit that awakens and sustains rejoicing, prayer and thanksgiving in a believer's life. As this year ends and we look forward to a New Year, there is no guarantee that every day of the New Year will be great and smooth without moments of difficulties. In all these, God's will for you in Christ is that you rejoice always, pray always and give thanks in all circumstances. God will work good out of evil!

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness this year. Help me by Your Spirit to do Your will today and in the New Year. *Amen.*

_“You who love the Lord, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.”_ *(Psalm 97:10)*

NOTE: Our 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties ends TODAY...Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
Indeed we have come to the end of the year...

See 2022 devotional by clicking the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6918673/daily-fountain-devotional-guide-2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / What Have You Suffered For Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.