Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8528 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:14am On Mar 13, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 13TH MARCH, 2021. *THEME:* STRATEGICALLY POSITIONED

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 4: 10-17 *(NIV)*

10. Then she instructed him to say to Mordecai,

11. “All the king’s officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that they be put to death unless the king extends the gold scepter to them and spares their lives. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king.”

12. When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai,

13. he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape.

14. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”

15. Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:

16. “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”

17. So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther’s instructions.

Esther was made a queen for a purpose and the time to manifest that purpose had come. Would she fail like Vashti? According to our text, there was Mordecai to keep her alive to her divine mandate. At first, she wanted to stay away from it, but Mordecai revealed what would be the implication. It was for such a time that she was placed in the palace and if she failed, even her household would rot in death. Yet, deliverance would arise for the Jews from another source. Realising herself, Esther declared a 3-day and 3-night praying and fasting. She decided to approach the king against the constitution and regulation at the end of the fast even if it would cost her life.

What position are you occupying? How useful has your position been to the church and entire people? Have you asked yourself: Why am I occupying this position in a time like this? Beloved of God, you are strategically positioned for the salvation, deliverance and safety of people. How well are you playing this role? God is disappointed in those who are in a position and cannot use it to affect the kingdom positively.

*PRAYER:*
Inspire me to fulfil my divine mandate, O Lord, my God.

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one"_ *— A.W.Tozer*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Mar 15, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 15, 2021

✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-03-15

✝️�TOPIC: THE POWER OF PRAYER

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 5:1 -8 (NKJV)

1. Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on [her] royal [robes] and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, across from the king's house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house.
2. So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, [that] she found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that [was] in his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter.
3. And the king said to her, "What do you wish, Queen Esther? What [is] your request? It shall be given to you -- up to half the kingdom!"
4. So Esther answered, "If it pleases the king, let the king and Haman come today to the banquet that I have prepared for him."
5. Then the king said, "Bring Haman quickly, that he may do as Esther has said." So the king and Haman went to the banquet that Esther had prepared.
6. At the banquet of wine the king said to Esther, "What [is] your petition? It shall be granted you. What [is] your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!"
7. Then Esther answered and said, "My petition and request [is this:]
8. "If I have found favor in the sight of the king, and if it pleases the king to grant my petition and fulfill my request, then let the king and Haman come to the banquet which I will prepare for them, and tomorrow I will do as the king has said."

✝️�STUDY

In our text 2 days ago, Esther declared a praying and fasting for all Jews; she also fasted and prayed. We could imagine what the prayer point was: 'God I am about to embark on a suicidal mission but with you, it shall be a favour mission.' When she was done praying. she went to the king at an odd time, which could have cost her throne and life but God went before her. The king favoured her. The king asked her to request anything and it would be granted unto her. Esther then requested the king to attend a banquet she would prepare and that Haman attend too.

We have seen how fasting, prayer and a courageous decision turned a supposed suicide mission to a favour mission. There is no impossibility with God if only the righteous can engage in effective fervent prayers. What therefore is the church doing in the face of Islamic hostility? What am I as a Christian doing as regards the dangerous insurgency that is feasting on fellow Christians? What have I done about other critical situations facing me? It is time to wake up to fasting and prayer, supported with courageous actions against the evil plans to annihilate Christianity in Nigeria, as well as all other challenges of life.

✝️� PRAYER: Grant unto me the heart to take risks for the kingdom and
the courage for positive actions, Oh Lord!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:45am On Mar 16, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 16, 2021

Date: 2021-03-16

✝️�TOPIC: HAMAN'S PLOT AGAINST MORDECAI

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 5:9-14 (NKJV)

9. So Haman went out that day joyful and with a glad heart; but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king's gate, and that he did not stand or tremble before him, he was filled with indignation against Mordecai.
10. Nevertheless Haman restrained himself and went home, and he sent and called for his friends and his wife Zeresh.
11. Then Haman told them of his great riches, the multitude of his children, everything in which the king had promoted him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and servants of the king.
12. Moreover Haman said, "Besides, Queen Esther invited no one but me to come in with the king to the banquet that she prepared; and tomorrow I am again invited by her, along with the king.
13. "Yet all this avails me nothing, so long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the king's gate."
14. Then his wife Zeresh and all his friends said to him, "Let a gallows be made, fifty cubits high, and in the morning suggest to the king that Mordecai be hanged on it; then go merrily with the king to the banquet." And the thing pleased Haman; so he had the gallows made.

✝️�STUDY

When Haman was invited to the banquet, he was happy to be there. He expected everyone to prostrate before him in honour as one of the king's officials. but Mordecai did not. So, Haman became furious. When Haman got home, he told his wife the 'humiliation' he suffered in the hands of Mordecai at the banquet. Then Haman's wife suggested to him to make gallows to kill Mordecai by hanging because he did not bow down before him.

In our daily life, we should watch our appetite for power. The higher we go, the humbler we should become. The position of being the king's official got to Haman's head; this should not have been. When God provides a platform of leadership or position of influence for you, you should ask Him for the wisdom and humility to do His will in that office. The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart. So, "...guard your heart with all diligence for out of it are issues of life (Prov. 4:23).

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, please help me to be free from envy and pride. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Mar 17, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 17TH MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* A RICH PAGE

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 6: 1-4 *(NIV)*

1. That night the king could not sleep; so he ordered the book of the chronicles, the record of his reign, to be brought in and read to him.

2. It was found recorded there that Mordecai had exposed Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king’s officers who guarded the doorway, who had conspired to assassinate King Xerxes.

3 “What honor and recognition has Mordecai received for this?” the king asked.

“Nothing has been done for him,” his attendants answered.

4 The king said, “Who is in the court?” Now Haman had just entered the outer court of the palace to speak to the king about impaling Mordecai on the pole he had set up for him.

The very night before Haman was to request the life of Mordecai from king Ahasuerus, God caused the king to have a sleepless night. As a result, the king became interested in the Record Book of the Kings. From the book, it was found that Mordecai had told king Ahasuerus of the plot to assassinate him, but Mordecai had not been rewarded for that kindness. Ahasuerus then decided to show appreciation to Mordecai for saving his life.

Whatever good we do, God takes record. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Heb. 11:6). He is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love (Heb. 10:6). One day, He will open a page -a rich page - of His records, and you shall be duly honoured. Therefore, do not relent in doing good, even when people do not commend you. God does not forget; at His time, He will reward you and you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.

Lord, please remember me for good for all I have done in Your name. *Amen.*

_"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."–_ *Mother Teresa*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 18, 2021

Date: 2021-03-18

✝️�TOPIC: MORDECAI HONOURED OVER HAMAN

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 6 :4 - 14 (NKJV)

4. So the king said, “Who is in the court?” Now Haman had just entered the outer court of the king’s palace to suggest that the king hang Mordecai on the gallows that he had prepared for him.

5. The king’s servants said to him, “Haman is there, standing in the court.” And the king said, “Let him come in.”

6. So Haman came in, and the king asked him, “What shall be done for the man whom the king delights to honor?” Now Haman thought in his heart, “Whom would the king delight to honor more than me?”

7. And Haman answered the king, “ For the man whom the king delights to honor,

8. let a royal robe be brought which the king has worn, and a horse on which the king has ridden, which has a royal crest placed on its head.

9. Then let this robe and horse be delivered to the hand of one of the king’s most noble princes, that he may array the man whom the king delights to honor. Then parade him on horseback through the city square, and proclaim before him: ‘Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!’ ”

10. Then the king said to Haman, “Hurry, take the robe and the horse, as you have suggested, and do so for Mordecai the Jew who sits within the king’s gate! Leave nothing undone of all that you have spoken.”

11. So Haman took the robe and the horse, arrayed Mordecai and led him on horseback through the city square, and proclaimed before him, “Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!”

12. Afterward Mordecai went back to the king’s gate. But Haman hurried to his house, mourning and with his head covered.

13. When Haman told his wife Zeresh and all his friends everything that had happened to him, his wise men and his wife Zeresh said to him, “If Mordecai, before whom you have begun to fall, is of Jewish descent, you will not prevail against him but will surely fall before him.”

14. While they were still talking with him, the king’s eunuchs came, and hastened to bring Haman to the banquet which Esther had prepared.

✝️�STUDY

King Ahasuerus had asked his officials what had been done for the man who leaked the information of the plot to kill the king, and he was told that nothing had been done for such a man. The king ordered that such a man be clothed in royal apparel and that he rides gloriously on a horse. Haman thought he was the one to be so honoured. However, the king ordered him to do exactly the same to Mordecai; thus Haman was humiliated but Mordecai was honoured.

Usually, those who are ambitious and desperate about God's honour don't get it. "...promotion cometh neither from the east nor from the west, nor from the south, it comes from the Lord-He putted down one, and setteth up another (Ps. 75:6-7). Let us learn to depend on God to honour us, and not to push ourselves, like Haman, for self-honour.

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Lord, in your way and time, please honour me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On Mar 19, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 19, 2021

Date: 2021-03-19
(Saint Joseph of Nazareth Day)

✝️�TOPIC: COSTLY ASSUMPTION

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 2:41-52 (NKJV)

41. His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover.
42. And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast.
43. When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know [it;]
44. but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day's journey, and sought Him among [their] relatives and acquaintances.
45. So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him.
46. Now so it was [that] after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.
47. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
48. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously."
49. And He said to them, "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?"
50. But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.
51. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart.
52. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

✝️�STUDY

The Feast of Passover was instituted by God as a lasting Ordinance to remind the Israelites that they escaped the plague of the death of their first born through the blood of a lamb (Exodus 12). In Israel, it became an Annual Feast celebrated by the Jews up till today. It was that feast that Joseph and his family went to attend in Jerusalem as recorded in our text today. However, in the midst of the festivity, Joseph and Mary did not know that Jesus was no longer with them when they were departing from the feast. They travelled some distance without Him.
This is instructive and challenging: That in the midst of religious activities and ceremonies, Jesus may be lacking. Divine presence in our lives is not what we assume; we need to be sure and insist, like Moses, that if God is not with us, we shall not move an inch on the journey of life (Exo.33:15). We need to always engage divine presence in all our ways. So, let us not, like Joseph and Mary, leave Jesus behind in the midst of the'crowd.'

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, please help me to always walk with you.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:04am On Mar 20, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 20TH MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* AHASUERUS EXECUTES HAMAN

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 7: 1-10 *(NIV)*

1. So the king and Haman went to dine with Queen Esther,
2. and as they were drinking wine on that second day, the king again asked, "Queen Esther, what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? Even up to half the kingdom, it will be granted."
3. Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favour with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life-- this is my petition. And spare my people--this is my request.
4. For I and my people have been sold for destruction and slaughter and annihilation. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the king."
5. King Xerxes asked Queen Esther, "Who is he? Where is the man who has dared to do such a thing?"
6. Esther said, "The adversary and enemy is this vile Haman." Then Haman was terrified before the king and queen.
7. The king got up in a rage, left his wine and went out into the palace garden. But Haman, realising that the king had already decided his fate, stayed behind to beg Queen Esther for his life.
8. Just as the king returned from the palace garden to the banquet hall, Haman was falling on the couch where Esther was reclining. The king exclaimed, "Will he even molest the queen while she is with me in the house?" As soon as the word left the king's mouth, they covered Haman's face.
9. Then Harbona, one of the eunuchs attending the king, said, "A gallows seventy-five feet high stands by Haman's house. He had it made for Mordecai, who spoke up to help the king." The king said, "Hang him on it!"
10. So they hanged Haman on the gallows he had prepared for Mordecai. Then the king's fury subsided.

At Esther's banquet for the king and Haman, she requested that the adversary of the Jews (Haman) be executed. Haman pleaded with Esther for his life to be spared. The king refused. Harbonah, one of the King's servants told the king that there were gallows outside made by Haman for Mordecai to be hung. The king ordered that Haman be hung on the same gallows, and it was done without delay.

Thus, Haman was paid in his own coin. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: Whatever a man sows that shall he also reap (Gal. 6:7). This is a serious principle. Therefore, let us watch how we live and how we relate with people; let us check what we sow for ourselves because whatever we sow, that we shall also reap; "For the same measure we use for others shall be used for us also" (Luke 6:38b).

Lord, please help me to sow good seeds while I live in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them."_ — *Elisabeth Elliot*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 21ST MARCH, 2021 _*{Lent 5}*_ *THEME:* JESUS FORETELLS HIS DEATH

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 12: 20-32 *(NIV)*

20. Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the Feast.
21. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. "Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus."
22. Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.
23. Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
24. I tell you the truth, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
25. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
26. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honour the one who serves me.
27. "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say?`Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
28. Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."
29. The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.
30. Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine.
31. Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.
32. But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

We are in Lenten season: A time we reflect on the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ. When it was the time for Him to be crucified for the redemption of the human race, He knew and prepared Himself for that death. The death was necessary as a full and final offering required by God to save man.

What does Christ's death and resurrection teach us? "... if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection" (Rom. 6:5). By faith, we taste the same death to sin, flesh and the world (Gal. 2:20); and as such, He becomes the One indwelling us. Again, His death and resurrection also teach us that if Christ tarries and we have to die in this world before getting to heaven, we have a hope of resurrection. Therefore, we must live in all holiness and godliness.

Dear Lord, help me to live and die in You, *Amen.*

_"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."_ — *1Timothy 6:12*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 22ND MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* MORDECAI REPLACES HAMAN

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 8: 1-8 *(NIV)*

1. That same day King Xerxes gave Queen Esther the estate of Haman, the enemy of the Jews. And Mordecai came into the presence of the king, for Esther had told how he was related to her.
2. The king took off his signet ring, which he had reclaimed from Haman, and presented it to Mordecai. And Esther appointed him over Haman's estate.
3. Esther again pleaded with the king, falling at his feet and weeping. She begged him to put an end to the evil plan of Haman the Agagite, which he had devised against the Jews.
4. Then the king extended the gold sceptre to Esther and she arose and stood before him.
5. "If it pleases the king," she said, "and if he regards me with favour and thinks it the right thing to do, and if he is pleased with me, let an order be written overruling the dispatches that Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, devised and wrote to destroy the Jews in all the king's provinces.
6. For how can I bear to see disaster fall on my people? How can I bear to see the destruction of my family?"
7. King Xerxes replied to Queen Esther and to Mordecai the Jew, "Because Haman attacked the Jews, I have given his estate to Esther, and they have hanged him on the gallows.
8. Now write another decree in the king's name on behalf of the Jews as seems best to you, and seal it with the king's signet ring--for no document written in the king's name and sealed with his ring can be revoked."

After King Ahasuerus executed Haman, he gave Haman's property to Queen Esther. Esther then brought Mordecai before the king and he took off his signet ring and gave it to Mordecai. Thereafter, Esther appointed Mordecai to be in charge of Haman's property.

This is engaging. The Haman who had plotted to kill Mordecai and the Jews, was executed and his position taken by the same Mordecai. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). Before God, nobody is indispensable; we are only useful - but replaceable! This should teach us humility and total dependence on God. By strength shall no man prevail; we should always depend on God, not on ourselves. Therefore, let us guard our hearts and live humbly and sincerely before God so that He would preserve our place in Him.

Lord, please give me grace to be humble always in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."–_ *Dietrich Bonhoeffer*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:39am On Mar 23, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 23RD MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* A NEW DECREE

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 8: 9-11 *(NIV)*

9. At once the royal secretaries were summoned--on the twenty-third day of the third month, the month of Sivan. They wrote out all Mordecai's orders to the Jews, and to the satraps, governors and nobles of the 127 provinces stretching from India to Cush. These orders were written in the script of each province and the language of each people and also to the Jews in their own script and language.
10. Mordecai wrote in the name of King Xerxes, sealed the dispatches with the king's signet ring, and sent them by mounted couriers, who rode fast horses especially bred for the king.
11. The king's edict granted the Jews in every city the right to assemble and protect themselves; to destroy, kill and annihilate any armed force of any nationality or province that might attack them and their women and children; and to plunder the property of their enemies.

In Esther 3:9-13, we see that at the instance of Haman, King Ahasuerus had issued a decree that all the Jews must be killed in one day and that their property should be given to those who killed them. After days of prayer and fasting, Esther approached the king to reverse the decree; it was done. Later, Haman was executed and Mordecai replaced him. Mordecai suggested to the king to issue a new decree that the Jews now have authority to unite to defend their lives and be allowed to kill anyone who may attack them. The new decree was written in the king's name and circulated throughout the twenty-seven provinces of the kingdom.

Jesus did the same on the Cross: He cancelled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross (Col. 2:14). By His death and resurrection, we are free from every evil decree against us; and if the Son shall make you free, you are free indeed (John 8:36).

Lord, please set me free from every evil decree against my life in Jesus 'Name. *Amen.*

_"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"—_ *John Piper*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Mar 27, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 27TH MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* A PLATFORM OF CHANGE

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 9: 24-10: 3 *(NIV)*

24. For Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, the enemy of all the Jews, had plotted against the Jews to destroy them and had cast the pur (that is, the lot) for their ruin and destruction.
25. But when the plot came to the king's attention, he issued written orders that the evil scheme Haman had devised against the Jews should come back on to his own head, and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows.
26. (Therefore these days were called Purim, from the word pur.) Because of everything written in this letter and because of what they had seen and what had happened to them,
27. the Jews took it upon themselves to establish the custom that they and their descendants and all who join them should without fail observe these two days every year, in the way prescribed and at the time appointed.
28. These days should be remembered and observed in every generation by every family, and in every province and in every city. And these days of Purim should never cease to be celebrated by the Jews, nor should the memory of them die out among their descendants.
29. So Queen Esther, daughter of Abihail, along with Mordecai the Jew, wrote with full authority to confirm this second letter concerning Purim.
30. And Mordecai sent letters to all the Jews in the 127 provinces of the kingdom of Xerxes--words of goodwill and assurance--
31. to establish these days of Purim at their designated times, as Mordecai the Jew and Queen Esther had decreed for them, and as they had established for themselves and their descendants in regard to their times of fasting and lamentation.
32. Esther's decree confirmed these regulations about Purim, and it was written down in the records.
33. King Xerxes imposed tribute throughout the empire, to its distant shores.

*10: 1.* King Xerxes imposed tribute throughout the empire, to its distant shores.
2. And all his acts of power and might, together with a full account of the greatness of Mordecai, whom the king had promoted, are they not written in the book of the annals of the kings of Media and Persia?
3. Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.

In our passage today, we see that Esther and Mordecai were instrumental to the deliverance of the Jews and establishment of a natural day of victory as a memorial for divine deliverance of the Jews from the hands of their enemy. Esther was the Queen; Mordecai was a Prime Minister in the one Hundred and twenty- seven provinces of King Ahasuerus. In that kingdom, both Esther and Mordecai occupied their positions with a clear understanding of the purpose of God for raising them.

Sometimes, when we face trials, we tend to be faithful to God. but as soon as He elevates us, we get drowned in the glory of our prosperity. Esther and Mordecai were not like that. We should watch and pray that as God takes us from one level to the other. we do not miss the purpose of His elevating us.

Dear Lord, please help me to always follow You faithfully. *Amen.*

_"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies."–_ *Hudson Taylor*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:09am On Mar 29, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 29TH MARCH, 2021 _*{Monday in Holy Week}*_ *THEME:* FRAGRANCE THROUGH BROKENNESS

*BIBLE READING:* MARK 14: 1-11 *(NIV)*

1. Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill him.
2. "But not during the Feast," they said, "or the people may riot."
3. While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.
4. Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume?
5. It could have been sold for more than a year's wages and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.
6. "Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
7. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
8. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial.
9. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."
10. Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Jesus to them.
11. They were delighted to hear this and promised to give him money. So he watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

As the time drew near for the death of Jesus on the cross, and being in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came to Jesus. She had an alabaster box of a very precious ointment. She broke the box and poured it on the head of Jesus and the aroma spread in the room. Some people in the room were angry because of the huge cost of the ointment she poured on Jesus. "And Jesus said, let her alone, she has wrought a good work on me" (v.5).

There is a degree of fragrance of the life of Christ in us that others may not perceive until we break the alabaster box of whatever is valued much in our lives. Brokenness is a spiritual experience that delivers a believer from struggling with the will of God in any aspect of his/her life. The more broken a believer is, the more the fragrance from the life is perceived. Surrender all to Jesus today.

Lord, I break all my alabaster oil and pour it for Your use today in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Having the answers is not essential to living. What is essential is the sense of God's presence during dark seasons of questioning."—_ *Ravi Zacharias*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:52am On Mar 30, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 30, 2021

Date: 2021-03-30

✝️�TOPIC: WATCH AND PRAY

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 26:31-36 (NKJV)

31. Then Jesus said to them, "All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: 'I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
32. "But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee."
33. Peter answered and said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble."
34. Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times."
35. Peter said to Him, "Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!" And so said all the disciples.
36. Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, "Sit here while I go and pray over there."

✝️�STUDY

Shortly before Jesus was crucified, He told Peter that He would deny Him. Peter boasted that he would not deny Jesus. At the prayer meeting Jesus had with Peter and a few other disciples before He Was crucified, Peter and the other disciples were sleeping while Jesus was labouring in prayers.

It is good to have a firm conviction that we would not deny Jesus, no matter what happens. Peter had the same conviction. But we need to constantly soak that conviction in prayer so that we do not presume that we cannot fall. We are standing in the Lord by His grace, not by might. So, we need to constantly depend on the Lord to sustain our conviction in the Him. Let us not, like Peter, be presumptuous. And if you have denied the Lord in one way of the other, today is a day of resurrection.

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Lord, please help me to always remain in You in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Mar 31, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 31ST MARCH, 2021 _*{Wednesday in Holy Week}*_ *THEME:* INNOCENT, YET PUNISHED

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 23: 1-25 *(NIV)*

1. Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate.
2. And they began to accuse him, saying, "We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Christ, a king."
3. So Pilate asked Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews?" "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.
4. Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, "I find no basis for a charge against this man."
5. But they insisted, "He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here."
6. On hearing this, Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean.
7. When he learned that Jesus was under Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.
8. When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform some miracle.
9. He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer.
10. The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him.
11. Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him. Dressing him in an elegant robe, they sent him back to Pilate.
12. That day Herod and Pilate became friends--before this they had been enemies.
13. Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people,
14. and said to them, "You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.
15. Neither has Herod, for he sent him back to us; as you can see, he has done nothing to deserve death.
16. Therefore, I will punish him and then release him."
18. With one voice they cried out, "Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!"
19. (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)
20. Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again.
21. But they kept shouting, "Crucify him! Crucify him!"
22. For the third time he spoke to them: "Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him."
23. But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed.
24. So Pilate decided to grant their demand.
25. He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.

In our text today, we see the trial, conviction and punishment of Jesus. Pilate confirmed that Jesus had committed no crime, yet the people kept shouting "crucify Him! Crucify Him!" Eventually, He was crucified. Legally, the trial was not correct, but spiritually, the crucifixion was necessary for the redemption of the human race. And through that death, Jesus paved the way to the Father through His death on the cross.

As believers, sometimes, our suffering may not be logical or legal. In such circumstances, we need to prayerfully trust God to show us His purpose in that suffering. That understanding, when supplied, gives the believer the peace that passes all understanding. This is especially necessary as we meditate on the sufferings of Christ and the benefits of His death and resurrection.

Dear Lord, please help me see Your purpose in every suffering I go through in Jesus 'Name. *Amen.*

_"He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he's moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain."–_ *Randy Alcorn*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 2ND APRIL, 2021 _*{Good Friday}*_
*THEME:* JESUS DIED FOR ME

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 19: 1-19 *(NIV)*

1. Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged.
2. The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe
3. and went up to him again and again, saying, "Hail, king of the Jews!" And they struck him in the face.
4. Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews, "Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him."
5. When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, "Here is the man!"
6. As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, "Crucify! Crucify!" But Pilate answered, "You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him."
7. The Jews insisted, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God."
8. When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid,
9. and he went back inside the palace. "Where do you come from?" he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer.
10. "Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you realise I have power either to free you or to crucify you?"
11. Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."
12. From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar."
13. When Pilate heard this, he brought Jesus out and sat down on the judge's seat at a place known as the Stone Pavement (which in Aramaic is Gabbatha).
14. It was the day of Preparation of Passover Week, about the sixth hour. "Here is your king," Pilate said to the Jews.
15. But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!" "Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.
16. Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified. So the soldiers took charge of Jesus.
17. Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha).
18. Here they crucified him, and with him two others--one on each side and Jesus in the middle.
19. Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Today Good Friday - marks the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross on our behalf. Our text gives a graphic account of His passion and eventual crucifixion. He was first scourged and crowned with thorns (vv.1-5). Then the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate, tried Him but found no fault in Him (v.6; Luke 23:14). The governor's wife even sent a note during the trial urging the governor to "have nothing to do with that just man" (Matt. 27:19). The Jewish leaders presented many charges against Jesus, but He answered not a word (Matt. 27:12). Finally, Pilate succumbed to public pressure, and delivered Jesus to them to be crucified (vv.12-16).

Christ's suffering and death were planned long before as the perfect sacrifice that would bring about our redemption (see Isaiah 53:1-9). He is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world (John 1:29). As High Priest of the new covenant, He offered up Himself once for all mankind. Have you accepted this offer? Reflect on the hymn _"I gave my life for thee; My precious blood I shed; That thou might'st ransomed be; And quickened from the dead; I gave my life for thee: What has thou given for me?"_ *(SS & S 621)*

Lord Jesus, thank you for dying that I may have eternal life.

_"I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking God to do His work through me."–_ *Hudson Taylor*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Apr 05, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 5TH APRIL, 2021 _*{Easter Monday}*_
*THEME:* OPEN MY EYES LORD!

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 24: 13-35 *(NIV)*

13. Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem.
14. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened.
15. As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;
16. but they were kept from recognising him.
17. He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?" They stood still, their faces downcast.
18. One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"
19. "What things?" he asked. "About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.
20. The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him;
21. but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place.
22. In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning
23. but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive.
24. Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."
25. He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
26. Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?"
27. And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
28. As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going further.
29. But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them.
30. When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.
31. Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight.
32. They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
33. They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together
34. and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon."
35. Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognised by them when he broke the bread.

Our story today details another post-resurrection appearance of Jesus on the first Easter day. The sad mood of Cleopas and the other disciple may describe the general experience of most of the disciples who had not understood or believed that Christ had risen! From verse 21, their hopes may have been dashed, and the reports by Mary Magdalene and others may not have helped at that material time. Moreover, they had not understood Isaiah 53:3, 7-9 and other prophecies about Jesus as a suffering Messiah (v.26). Like those disciples, many people still perish today because they do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God (Hosea 4:6; Matt. 22:29).

As they talked with Jesus, He explained what was said about Him in all the Old Testament Scriptures (v.27). We need to know and believe the scriptures so that what was said in v.26 will not apply to us. May we pray that God will open our eyes to understand and believe the scriptures so that we shall experience Christ, not just as a historical figure, but as God who is with us and lives in us (Isaiah 7:14; John 14:23).

Open my eyes, Oh Lord, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law. *Amen.*

_In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.—_ *1 John 4:10-12*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Apr 08, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 8TH APRIL, 2021 _*{Thursday in Easter Week}*_ *THEME:* DEAD TO SIN

*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 6: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning, so that grace may increase?
2. By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
3. Or don't you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?
4. We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
5. If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.
6. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--

Our reading deals with the newness of life that every believer ought to experience from the time of conversion. At baptism, we identify with Christ in His death (v.3). This also implies the death of our old natural self with its inclination to sin (v.6). In other words, our sinful nature, with its passions and desires, is crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20; 5:24). Since the dead do not respond to external stimuli, we no longer respond to nor enjoy sinful thoughts, activities, situations and relationships.

The second identification presented in the text is with Christ in His resurrection (v.4). As Christ was raised from the dead, we are raised into the newness of life. We are no longer slaves to sin, nor do we abuse the grace of God (vv.1, 6). Thus, walking in the newness of life involves a shared responsibility. God has done His part by sending Christ to die for us (John 3:16). We must do our own part by accepting the finished work of Christ, then count ourselves dead to sin but alive to God (v.11).

Oh Lord, help me to let my old self be crucified with Christ so that I will not be a slave to sin.

_"Let this encourage those of you who belong to Christ: the storm may be tempestuous, but it is only temporary. The clouds that are temporarily rolling over your head will pass, and then you will have fair weather, an eternal sunshine of glory. Can you not watch with Christ for one hour? " -_ *Williams Gurnall*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 10TH APRIL, 2021 _*{Saturday in Easter Week}*_ *THEME:* SLAVES TO RIGHTEOUSNESS

*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 6: 16-23 *(NIV)*

15. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!
16. Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey-- whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
17. But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted.
18. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
19. I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness.
20. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.
21. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!
22. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
23. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

A genuine Christian is not under law but under grace (v.15). Does being under grace give one a licence to commit sin? No! Our text Shows that sin is a terrible master which enslaves its subjects and leads them to eternal death (vv.16, 21). A slave of sin offers parts of his body to all kinds of impurity and wickedness (v.19). In John 8:33-38, Jesus referred to the Jews as "slaves of sin" even though they claimed to be Abraham's children. Today, someone can claim to be a Christian while in reality, he is a slave to sin.

John 8:36 shows that Jesus can set one free from slavery to sin, and such a one shall be free indeed! This makes the person a new creation, with the old lite of sin gone (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you have experienced this turnaround, you must willingly offer all parts of your body to God in obedience to His word (vv.16, 17). In this way, you become a slave to righteousness, leading to holiness and eternal life (vv. 18-23). If you have not done so, please do it today.

Lord, wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

_"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." -_ *Eleanor Roosevelt*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 11TH APRIL, 2021 _*{First Sunday After Easter}*_ *THEME:* TELLING THE RESURRECTION STORY

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 24: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
2. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
3. but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
4. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.
5. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?
6. He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:
7. `The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'"
8. Then they remembered his words.
9. When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others.
10. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles.
11. But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense.
12. Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

Mary Magdalene and several other women were the first to receive the news of the resurrection (v.10). These same women had supported the ministry of Christ from their own resources all the way from Galilee (Matthew 27:55-56). They were the last brethren that left the crucifixion site, and the first at the empty tomb (Mark 15:47; v.1). Being the first to know, they had the special privilege of being the first to tell the resurrection story! You too can tell the resurrection story from your own encounter with Christ and inspiration from the scriptures.

The disciples initially doubted the report of the women, but this prompted Peter to investigate the story (vv.11-12). In the same way, it was the report of the Samaritan woman in John 4:39-42 that brought many to Christ to hear for themselves. You may not be a wonderful preacher like Paul, but your personal testimony can be used by God to draw many to Christ. Tell the resurrection story today!

Oh God, let Your word dwell richly in me daily, that I may tell the resurrection story convincingly to people around me. *Amen.*

_"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter."–_ *Francis Chan*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 12TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* A WHOLESOME MINISTRY

*BIBLE READING:* 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
2. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Our text today gives an insight into the principles that helped Paul and his team to carry out a wholesome ministry with great impact. These include steadfastness, truthfulness, Scriptural balance, Christ-centredness, and humility. From verse 1 to 16-17 and 2 Corinthians 11:24-29, they did not lose heart or abandon the work in spite of the many challenges. Our faith should never grow weak, nor should our ministerial zeal be dampened as we walk and work with the Lord.

From verse 2, we see that they held fast to the gospel truths and did not use human philosophies, gimmicks or any deception to draw or keep their congregations. They presented the gospel in plain language for the people to understand, and had a good conscience before God. Let us follow this example and reject the message of false ministers who distort the word of God. From verse 5, we observe that they did not preach about themselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, who alone is able to save unto eternal life. Like Paul, we should preach Christ alone who was crucified for mankind (1 Corinthians 1: 23; 2:2). Avoid anything else that tends to empty the cross of its power (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Oh God, help me to hold unto the wholesome message of the gospel always.

_"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering.... The love of God did not protect His own Son.... He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process." -_ *Elisabeth Elliot*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:10am On Apr 13, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 13TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* TREASURES IN EARTHEN VESSELS

*BIBLE READING:* 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 7-15 *(NIV)*

7. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
8. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;
9. persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
10. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
11. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.
12. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13. It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,
14. because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence.
15. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

The gospel is a treasure that holds promise for this life and eternity. Jesus compared it to a pearl of great value that a merchant found went and sold all he had and bought (Matthew 13:45-46). The gospel reveals the incomparably great power of God to us whom believe (Ephesians 1:3, 18-19). We are given authority to drive out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead and triumph over all the powers of the devil (Luke 10:9, 19-20). We can pray earnestly over an issue or situation, and receive answers from God (James 5:16-18)

Have you enjoyed these treasures in your life or ministry? If not, ask God and wait patiently for them (Matthew 7:7; 21:21). Verse 7 shows that such great treasures of the gospel are held in us mortals who can be compared with earthen vessels. Earthen vessels do not withstand pressure. They are easily broken. But as we depend on God, we can triumph over any situation that He permits to come. Do the situations around you make you feel hard-pressed perplexed, persecuted or struck down? Read verses 8 to 10 and encourage yourself in the Lord. Believe and confess Romans 8:37 that you are more than a conqueror through Christ!

Oh God, help me to depend on You daily for victory over every situation. *Amen.*

_"Remember who you are. Don't compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth."–_ *Lysa Terkeurst*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:14am On Apr 14, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 14TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* RENEWED DAY BY DAY

*BIBLE READING:* 2 CORINTHIANS 4: 16-18 *(NIV)*

16. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
17. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
18. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Have you had cause to lose heart in the face of mounting pressures, troubles and other challenges of life? Please do not lose heart any more. Consider the encouragement in verse 16. Paul faced many daunting challenges as summarised it all in 2 Corinthians 11:24-29. He called the challenges "light and momentary afflictions" in verse 17. His reaction to the challenges was based on strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He fixed his eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (v.18; Hebrews 12:2). He also knew that the blessings of eternal life in Christ far outweigh any trouble of this life. As a result, his inner life was renewed day by day.

Do you want to renew your life every day and soar on wings like the eagles? Then trust in the Lord fully and lean not on your own understanding (Isaiah 40:31). Look away from the problem currently confronting you, and look unto Jesus. He will turn your sadness into joy, and cause rivers to flow from your deserts (v.17; Isaiah 41:18).

Heavenly Father, help me to trust You daily so that my life will be renewed. *Amen.*

_"Start your child's day with love and encouragement and end the day the same way."—_ *Zig Ziglar*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:02am On Apr 16, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 16TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* LIVE TO PLEASE THE LORD

*BIBLE READING:* 2 CORINTHIANS 5: 9-16 *(NIV)*

9. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things [done] in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
12. For we do not commend ourselves again to you, but give you opportunity to boast on our behalf, that you may have [an answer] for those who boast in appearance and not in heart.
13. For if we are beside ourselves, [it is] for God; or if we are of sound mind, [it is] for you.
14. For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
15. and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
16. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know [Him thus] no longer.

Every Christian should strive to live a life that pleases the Lord. This is because every person must one day appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, where he will receive a reward according to his works on earth (v.10). It is the duty of every Christian to persuade unbelievers to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ and repent of their sins, so as to avoid the consequences of their sins. Indeed, the love of Christ that is shed in the hearts of God's children should compel them to witness for Christ so that those who accept the gospel will begin to live a new life that pleases Him.

Many people live sinful lives with devastating consequences. Beloved, how have you been living your life? Since it is clear that we must all appear at Christ's Judgment Seat, how prepared are you? Examine your life and see if you are actually living to please the Lord. If not, repent and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and ask for His Holy Spirit to help you live a righteous life that will bring glory and honour to His Name.

Lord Jesus, help me to live for You alone. *Amen.*

_"The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’"–_ *Billy Graham*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:07am On Apr 18, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 18TH APRIL, 2021 _*(Second Sunday After Easter)*_ *THEME:* THE GREAT CLAIMS OF JESUS

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 10: 7-16 *(NIV)*

7. Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
8. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
9. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.
10. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
11. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
12. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
13. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
14. "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--
15. just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

In our text, Jesus makes specific claims which require a closer look. He claims to be the only gate to salvation and is correct because salvation is found only in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12). He claims to give abundant life (v.10b) because Christ is the (v.10b) Only source of life (1 John 5:12). Christ is the good shepherd (v.11) because He died for man (Rom. 5:cool. He knows His sheep (v. 14) This is correct because anyone who loves God is known by Him (1 Cor. 8:13). Christ also declared that He has other sheep that He needs to bring under His control because salvation is also for Gentiles (Acts 28:28).

Since the claims of Jesus are true, we need to take His word. seriously. Being the only gate to the sheep pen, we need to go through Jesus to enter into Heaven or for our salvation. Christ as the good shepherd, laid down His life for you. What have you done for Him? Good shepherds know their sheep. Does Christ know you as His sheep?

Father, I want Christ to come into my life and make me one of His sheep in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."—_ *Mother Theresa

*HAPPY SUNDAY*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On Apr 19, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 19TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS: THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 10: 17-21 *(NIV)*

17. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-- only to take it up again.
18. No-one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."
19. At these words the Jews were again divided.
20. Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?"
21. But others said, "These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"

God loves people who sacrifice for others. Christians are enjoined to live a life of love just as Christ loved us and sacrificed His life for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God (Eph. 5:2). Christ laid his life down voluntarily (v.18) and He has authority to take it up again because He conquered death, for example:
(i) When He raised a dead girl (Mt. 9:25);
ii) When He raised a dead young man (Lk.7:14), and,
(iii) When He raised Lazarus back to life (John 11:43-44).
Christ finally defeated death by His own resurrection (Rom. 1:4). Jesus' words gave rise to divided opinions about Him (v.19).
Some rejected Him while others defended Him because of His miracles.

Have you ever thought of sacrificing your life for others? What great sacrifice for others or for the church have you made? Many people find it very difficult to sacrifice their time, talent and treasure for God or for man. Christ showed us an example of living a life of sacrifice that we may follow in His steps. As you go out today, decide to sacrifice something for someone. Will you?

Dear Father, help me to be ready to sacrifice my time, talent and treasure for the Gospel of Christ in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." -_ *John 10:10*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Apr 20, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 20TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* DO YOU WANT ETERNAL LIFE?

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 10: 22-30 *(NIV)*

22. Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter,
23. and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade.
24. The Jews gathered round him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me,
26. but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
27. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of my hand.
29. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no-one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30. I and the Father are one."

At the Jewish feast in Jerusalem, the Jews asked Jesus to tell them plainly if He was the Christ. He replied that He had answered that question before but was not believed but that his works done in the Name of His Father bore witness for Him. Their unbelief in Him showed that they did not belong to Him because His people hear Him, He knows them and they follow Him. Jesus gives eternal life, eternal security and eternal protection to His followers (v.28). He also said that His Father is the greatest and none can snatch His followers from His Father's Hand and that He and His Father are one!

Jesus had earlier told the Jews who He was, yet, they came to ask the same question. Christ explained that their unbelief made them lose the blessings of eternal life, eternal security and eternal protection that He gives to believers, Are you a believer in Jesus? You may be a good church-goer but that does not make you born again! Do you want eternal life, security and protection? Then come to Jesus, repent of your sins and receive Him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour. Do it today!

Help me, O God, to believe in You and receive Christ as Lord and Saviour! *Amen.*

_"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."–_ *Martin Luther King* Jr.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:38am On Apr 23, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 23RD APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS

*BIBLE READING:* TITUS 1: 10-16 *(NIV)*

10. For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group.
11. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach--and that for the sake of dishonest gain.
12. Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons."
13. This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith
14. and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth.
15. To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.
16. They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

A false teacher is someone who does not teach the correct doctrines of our faith. Many such teachers are known by their fruits such as being rebellious people, talking too much, deceiving people and forming their own groups where they will be in charge. The false teacher must be resisted and silenced. They ruin many lives in order to gain wealth or fame. It is worthy to note that their minds and consciences have been corrupted. These false teachers claim to know God but deny Him by their actions and are not fit for any good work.

False teachers abound in our society today; they are seen in churches, fellowships, one-man owned ministries, colleges, universities, prayer houses, occult groups like Eckankar, Grail Message, Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Jehovah Witnesses, etc. They carry out their false teachings through the radio, television, print and social media platforms like Emails, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. Paul warned that false teachers must be silenced which may not be easy in this age of global internet and ICT. However, Christians should oppose them whenever and wherever they exist and teach the true and sound doctrine of our faith. We must study the Bible well in order to succeed in this task.

Heavenly Father, help me to know, oppose and silence false teachers in Jesus 'Name. *Amen.*

_"There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God."–_ *Alistair Begg*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:17am On Apr 28, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 28TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* BE CAREFUL TO DO GOOD

*BIBLE READING:* TITUS 3: 1-8 *(NIV)*

1. Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
2. to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.
3. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
4. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
5. not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
6. whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7. that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8. This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Citizens of every nation are expected to obey constituted authority and be of good behaviour. Even Christians, before they repented, were sinners; but God in His love and mercy saved us not by our works but by His mercy, the born again experience and renewal of our minds by the Holy Spirit through the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Christians are justified by grace and have hope of eternal life. As a result of this, they should therefore be careful to devote themselves to doing good works.

Due to the hard times in Nigeria, some Christians have resorted to doing bad deeds. But every child of God should be careful to always do good works because of what God has done in his life. Christians are born again persons who are justified by the grace of Christ, and have become heirs with hope of eternal life. It is then expected that the Christian will continue in doing good works which are excellent and profitable. What good works have you done in your Church? Decide today to do good works wherever you are at home, school, work, market or at the hospital. Ensure you do good to at least one person today.

Help me, O God, to do good to others day by day in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face…we must do that which we think we cannot.”–_ *Eleanor Roosevelt*

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 29TH APRIL, 2021 *THEME:* AVOID ARGUMENTS AND QUARRELS

*BIBLE READING:* TITUS 3: 9-11 *(NIV)*

9. But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
10. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.
11. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Sometimes when people engage in sharp arguments, they end up quarrelling, fighting and going to the hospital or the police station. No wonder our passage today warns Christians to avoid foolish controversies, arguments and quarrels about the law. This is because such activities are useless and not profitable. One who sows division in the church should be warned at most twice and then excommunicated if he refuses to repent, for such a person is warped, sinful and self-condemned.

Arguments, quarrels, finger-pointing and bickering are rife in many communities in Nigeria today. This can be as a result of arguments on political parties or even a football match. Such discussions sooner or later may degenerate to hot arguments that could lead to quarrels. Christians must avoid arguments and quarrels as the Bible says they are unprofitable and useless. Some wives argue with their husbands where they should be submissive. Arguments and quarrels over land have sent some to early graves. Let us show love to one another and avoid arguments and quarrels between couples, siblings and friends. Determine today to live above such base behaviour.

Father, may You touch my life in such a way that I shall not argue or quarrel with anybody today. *Amen.*

_"We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God."—_ *Max Lucado*

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:17am On May 03, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 3RD MAY, 2021 *THEME:* YOU HAVE DWELT LONG ENOUGH ON YOUR MOUNTAIN

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 1: 1-8 *(NIV)*

1. These are the words Moses spoke to all Israel in the desert east of the Jordan--that is, in the Arabah--opposite Suph, between Paran and Tophel, Laban, Hazeroth and Dizahab.
2. (It takes eleven days to go from Horeb to Kadesh Barnea by the Mount Seir road.)
3. In the fortieth year, on the first day of the eleventh month, Moses proclaimed to the Israelites all that the LORD had commanded him concerning them.
4. This was after he had defeated Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, and at Edrei had defeated Og king of Bashan, who reigned in Ashtaroth.
5. East of the Jordan in the territory of Moab, Moses began to expound this law, saying:
6. The LORD our God said to us at Horeb, "You have stayed long enough at this mountain.
7. Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighbouring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates.
8. See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land that the LORD swore he would give to your fathers-- to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob--and to their descendants after them."

I climbed a mountain some time with friends and those of us who made it to the top were reluctant to go back because of the arduous experience and the joy of the beautiful scenery. This is a miniature of the 40-year wilderness journey of the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan which was filled with both distressing and victorious situations. The Israelites conquered the Ammonites and Bashan kings with their lands full of food, water and shelter. This gave them the tendency to relax there. But God reminded them that there were yet more lands to conquer before His promised destination, Canaan. Similarly, God has stipulated His plan for us concerning salvation, victory over sin, divine health, peace amidst storms, eternal life, wisdom, baptism of the Holy Spirit, fruitfulness, demonstration of His power, excellence in the work of our hands, etc.

We have experienced different levels of victory in these aforementioned areas but God is saying today that you have not reached His best for your life. Don't copy the example of Abraham's father, Terah, who set out to reach Canaan but relaxed at Haran and died there (Gen. 11:31-32). Move to higher levels of Christian commitment, praise, bible study, prayer, giving, righteousness, forgiveness, patience, soul-winning, academic and business pursuits, etc., and you will experience new and more outstanding testimonies to the glory of God in Jesus name.

Father help me today to put behind my past achievements and move forward into higher realms of glory in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read."–_ *John MacArthur*

HAPPY NEW MONTH TO YOU

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:37am On May 04, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 4TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* THE ESSENCE AND QUALITIES OF LEADERSHIP

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 1: 9-18 *(NIV)*

9. At that time I said to you, "You are too heavy a burden for me to carry alone.
10. The LORD your God has increased your numbers so that today you are as many as the stars in the sky.
11. May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!
12. But how can I bear your problems and your burdens and your disputes all by myself?
13. Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."
14. You answered me, "What you propose to do is good."
15. So I took the leading men of your tribes, wise and respected men, and appointed them to have authority over you-- as commanders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens and as tribal officials.
16. And I charged your judges at that time: Hear the disputes between your brothers and judge fairly, whether the case is between brother Israelites or between one of them and an alien.
17. Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it.
18. And at that time I told you everything you were to do.

Many families, organisations and nations are in chaos because of bad leadership. Leaders are necessary because no one person, as Moses said, can do the work alone (v.9). Leaders are always faced with weaknesses, pressures and the burdens of the led (v.12) Hence, it is important to create chains of leadership over tens, fifties, hundreds and thousands (v.15) for effectiveness. This is a lesson for people who feel threatened, when others try to work with them. Today's passage states that leaders should: Be wise, understanding, experienced and respectful; have ability to sacrifice time to attend to subordinates; demonstrate fearless impartiality in judgment no matter who is involved; be able to understand the dynamics of hierarchical organisation.

Unfortunately some leaders are chosen based on religion, ethnic, kinship, etc. Such choices end up becoming square pegs in round holes; the bane of various organisations and nations tor decades. Let us learn to choose leaders according to biblical principles. Note that as the light and salt of the world, we are all leaders as believers. Hence it is expected that we pattern our lives to be wise, respectful, impartial, fearless, sacrificial and dependent on godly superiors.

Father, give us wisdom to choose godly leaders in our nation and Church and help me to exhibit godly leadership qualities in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life."–_ *Charles Stanley*

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:30am On May 05, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 5TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* CONQUERING THE GIANTS

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 1: 19-33 *(NIV)*

19. Then, as the LORD our God commanded us, we set out from Horeb and went towards the hill country of the Amorites through all that vast and dreadful desert that you have seen, and so we reached Kadesh Barnea.
20. Then I said to you, "You have reached the hill country of the Amorites, which the LORD our God is giving us.
21. See, the LORD your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the LORD, the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
22. Then all of you came to me and said, "Let us send men ahead to spy out the land for us and bring back a report about the route we are to take and the towns we will come to."
23. The idea seemed good to me; so I selected twelve of you, one man from each tribe.
24. They left and went up into the hill country, and came to the Valley of Eshcol and explored it.
25. Taking with them some of the fruit of the land, they brought it down to us and reported, "It is a good land that the LORD our God is giving us."
26. But you were unwilling to go up; you rebelled against the command of the LORD your God.
27. You grumbled in your tents and said, "The LORD hates us; so he brought us out of Egypt to deliver us into the hands of the Amorites to destroy us.
28. Where can we go? Our brothers have made us lose heart. They say,`The people are stronger and taller than we are; the cities are large, with walls up to the sky. We even saw the Anakites there.'"
29. Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them.
30. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes,
31. and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."
32. In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God,
33. who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.

The bible contains promises of healing, fruitfulness, freedom, protection, success and prosperity. We often receive these promises with joy like the Israelites (vv. 22-23). Unfortunately, we sometimes find ourselves confronted with contrary situations like sickness, threats, failures, bareness. etc. This depicts the situation in verse 28 when the Israelites received God's promises with joy, sent people to spy the good land and were intimidated by the giants - the sons of Anak. Their hearts melted with unbelief in God's promises (v.32)

The bible enjoins us not to fear situations that seem bigger than us. Testimonies abound of multiple births after prolonged years of bareness, huge debts paid, high profile jobs got after years of unemployment, healing after being abandoned by doctors, etc. I remember when we lost our only child and it seemed as if the world would end. To the glory of God, He gave us five children afterwards. All the Israelites faced wilderness experiences and knew about the giants. Those that disbelieved God perished while Joshua and Caleb who believed survived. God goes before us and will always fight for us as He did in Egypt. Remember how He gave you testimonies of deliverances in your past Wilderness experiences (v.31). Anchor your faith on His promise and you will surely conquer the giants in Jesus name.

Oh God help me to overcome all giants in my heavenly race by faith on my knees in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the Lord, is Everlasting strength.”_ *(Isaiah 26:3)*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Undresses,kisses Female Members On The Bottom To Get Husbands / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.