Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8519 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:16am On Jul 23, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 23RD JULY, 2021 *THEME:* PUT NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 3: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you [is] not tedious, but for you [it is] safe.
2. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3. For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
4. though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so:
5. circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;
6. concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

There is no doubt that Apostle Paul was a scholar of no mean stature. He was also a man to be reckoned with in the Jewish community of his time. His credentials as we read in the passage this morning are intimidating. In every way, Paul had reasons to boast and raise his shoulders higher above his contemporaries, but he did not make any of his achievements and historical background the basis for his confidence. He did not rely on them but counted them as loss (v.7). He did not put his confidence in the flesh.

Beloved in Christ, this is the way our Lord Jesus wants us to live. He does not want us to rely on our certificate or family history and comfort. It is painful to see that many people today glory in their jobs, wealth, position and connections. Many celebrate their achievements and make them the basis for their living. Paul did not glory in whatever life could afford him but in winning the Lord. Getting to know more of Jesus Christ was his primary concern and commitment each day. We are also expected to do likewise, by not depending on what we have but desiring more of God every day. We must always develop the burning desire to get closer to the Lord.

*PRAYER:*
Dear Lord, help me to desire You above all that life can offer in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us."—_ *Billy Graham*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE: Pls Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 26TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* TESTIMONY OF NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 3: 7-11 *(NIV)*

7. But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9. and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10. that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11. if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

In our reading today, Apostle Paul makes it clear that the Christian life is not a ceremony or an outward display of religiosity, but a new life in Christ through an inward spiritual change. Paul was born and circumcised a Jew, trained to be zealous in law, and a Pharisee but his encounter with Jesus did not only make him put aside religious ceremonies and his status, but also gave him the strength and focus of heaven. He said, "But whatever gain I had, l counted as loss for the sake of Christ" - he considered all as loss because of a surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus. He warned the
Philippians to beware of the Judaisers who appeared to be religious. He noted that true believers are not those who carry out a ceremony put a mark on their bodies, but those who have received the new life in Christ through an inward spiritual change.

The Bible says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has passed away, behold, the new has come" (II Cor. 5:17). Has everything become new in your life since you encountered Jesus? Just as Paul was not overcome by the old man but constantly gained victory over the flesh, so must your life reflect the beauty of the risen Lord on a daily basis! Beloved, you have nothing to lose for choosing to live the life of Christ. Your encounter with Jesus should give you a new life, living only to the praise and glory of Christ.

Dear Lord, I surrender my life to You today, help me to live my life in Your praise and glory in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.—_ *Romans 8:1*

NOTE: Pls Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 27TH JULY, 2021 _*(CMS Anniversary)*_ *THEME:* BEARER OF A HORN OF SALVATION
*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 1: 67-79 *(NIV)*

67. His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied:
68. "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people.
69. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David
70. (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),
71. salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us--
72. to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant,
73. the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
74. to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear
75. in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
76. And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
77. to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,
78. because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
79. to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Our passage today is an account of Zechariah's Prophecy after the birth of his son, John the Baptist. As the Lord removed his dumbness, his first words were songs of praise to God who had raised a horn of Salvation for His people. He revealed that John the Baptist had been born to fulfil the mandate of preparing the way for the Lord Jesus through a message of repentance, and to bring people who sit in darkness to the light of the knowledge of the Saviour. Zechariah revealed that a new age would dawn and John had been raised to correct the false ideas about the Messiah among the people.

Today we celebrate the Anniversary of the Church Missionary Society who were instrumental to the liberation of Africa from the path of destruction to the saving grace offered through the blood of Jesus. Through their increasing and burning desire to spread the gospel to where it had not been heard, the CMS disregarded every obstacle and exploited the land for the Lord. God has raised you to bear His horn of Salvation which is Jesus so that those in darkness will come to the marvelous light of God's salvation. Like John the Baptist, God has graciously saved and raised you to proclaim this good news to the world around you.

Eternal Father, empower me by Your words and may my life become a channel to draw more souls to Your kingdom in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_"This is our time on the history line of God. This is it. What will we do with the one deep exhale of God on this earth? For we are but a vapor and we have to make it count. We're on. Direct us, Lord, and get us on our feet."–_ *Beth Moore*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:53am On Jul 28, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 28TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* PRESS FORWARD FOR THE PRIZE
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 3: 12-16 *(NIV)*

12. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
13. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead,
14. I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
15. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
16. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Our text today unfolds what a new life in Christ Jesus implies as exemplified in the life and Ministry of Paul the Apostle. A Christian life should be progressive and not static, moving forward to obtain the prize. Paul revealed the secret of what kept him moving forward in his walk with the Lord. He said, "Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead " (v. 12)

Paul put everything behind him and forged ahead in his walk with the Lord. As a mature Christian, you must have the attitude of always desiring to press forward. Paul knew what could prevent him from winning the prize; he put them behind and considered all the things in which he could boast as worthless. Search your life today to see if there is anything you still hold on to, and which is drawing you back in your walk with the Lord. Hebrews12:1-2 says, "...let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and run with perseverance the race that is set before us....". If you must have a successful walk with the Lord and end it at His bosom, you must put behind you every weight that is drawing you back from making progress in the Lord. Like Paul, you need to press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Lord Jesus, give me the grace to always press forward in my walk with You until I obtain the crown of glory which You have secured for me. *Amen.*

_"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."–_ *Chuck Swindoll*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:26am On Jul 29, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 29TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* BEWARE OF ENEMIES OF THE CROSS
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 3: 17-21 *(NIV)*

17. Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.
18. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
19. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.
20. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21. who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

With much agony and tears, Apostle Paul made known his displeasure with those whom he described as enemies of the cross. These people were among the Church but they made themselves thorns in the body of Christ. There were two sets of people involved here, the first were the Christian Jews who claimed to be religious and forced people to keep their law (e.g. circumcision). The second were the false teachers who dedicated themselves to false teachings, misleading the believers. They taught people that they could do whatever they liked with their bodies, including sexual immorality and all sorts of abominable things. They taught that since we are not going to meet the Lord at His Second Coming with our mortal bodies, we are free to live as we wish.

Beloved in the Lord, we still have wolves in the midst of the sheep today, living a carefree lifestyle and upholding a satanic doctrine of "once saved, always saved." They take glory in shameful things, their god is their belly, and their end is destruction. Be wise to live a distinguished life in Christ, knowing that those who allow themselves to follow the natural desires of their minds and flesh are not followers of Christ, but enemies of the cross and their end is destruction.

Lord I beseech You to give me the discerning spirit to always be conscious of who and what I should accommodate as I journey with You in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"We don't think there's something wrong with one-year-old children because they can't walk perfectly. They fall down frequently, but we pick them up, love them, bandage them if necessary, and keep working with them. Surely our heavenly Father can do even more for us than we do for our children."—_ *Joyce Meyer*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:05am On Jul 30, 2021
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OF JULY 30, 2021 - MRS. OOREOFE E. ADEROGBA
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL DATE: 2021-07-30

✝️�TOPIC: BE A PEACE MAKER

✝️�TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 4:1-9(NKJV)

1. Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
2. I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord.
3. And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names [are] in the Book of Life.
4. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5. Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord [is] at hand.
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7. and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things [are] noble, whatever things [are] just, whatever things [are] pure, whatever things [are] lovely, whatever things [are] of good report, if [there is] any virtue and if [there is] anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things.
9. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

✝️�STUDY:

At the close of his letter to the Philippians, Paul addressed a crucial issue relating to the unity and sweet fellowship in the body of Christ just as Jesus Christ at the end of His earthly ministry prayed for unity among His disciples (John 17). Paul knew about the dispute between the two women, Euodias and Syntyche, who were among his companions. He knew their usefulness in the furtherance of the gospel and therefore entreated the disciple whom he called true yokefellow and a fellow labourer, to ensure that these two women agreed in the Lord.
God in His love has established His Church through His Son, Jesus Christ, to reconcile the rebellious world to Himself. As Christians, we are to bring the world into the knowledge of the love of God which is offered in Christ Jesus. If the Church that was purchased with the blood of Jesus through the love of God and commissioned to propagate the message of love is in disunity, it becomes difficult for her to fulfill her God-given mission. As a yokefellow with Christ Jesus, you must not be a cause of disunity in the body of Christ. Your life must be one that preaches the message of love of Christ both in the Church and most importantly, to those Who are yet to come to the knowledge of His saving grace. Jesus says, blessed are the peacemakers. for they shall be called sons of God" (Matt, 5:9). Pray for God's enabling grace to be used as peacemaker where there is conflict in His Church, so that we can work together and fulfill the great commission.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord God of love, I pray that my life will henceforth reflect Your love, both in the Church and to the people around me in Jesus name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 31ST JULY, 2021 *THEME:* GIVE TO THE NECESSITY OF GOD'S KINGDOM
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 4: 10-23 *(NIV)*

10. I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it.
11. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
12. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
13. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
14. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
15. Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only;
16. for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need.
17. Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account.
18. I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
19. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
20. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
21. Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send greetings.
22. All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household.
23. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

The Philippians had earlier made several attempts to reach out to Paul in his imprisonment but they were unable. They eventually had the opportunity to fulfil their heart desire as they extended their hands of love to this man of God through their gifts. Paul was a man of God known and respected for his spirit of contentment and commitment to the work of the Master. Paul could not hide his joy for the great relief this gift brought to him.

The task of expanding the kingdom through the propagation of the gospel is highly demanding; it calls for commitment, both spiritually and materially. When you minister to the need of the servant of God or make donations towards a particular need or project in your local assembly, it is an investment into God's Kingdom. The Spirit of God says through Paul that those who minister to us spiritually ought to be ministered to materially. Note that the more you give to God's work and minister to the need of His servants, the more He blesses you and ministers to your needs.

Lord God of heaven and the earth, by the authority of Your word, I command the heavenly blessings upon my life for the
purpose of advancing Your kingdom here on earth, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"We may speak about a place where there are no tears, no death, no fear, no night; but those are just the benefits of heaven. The beauty of heaven is seeing God."—_ *Max Lucado*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:01am On Aug 01, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 1ST AUGUST, 2021 _*{Trinity 9}*_ *THEME:* GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 18: 1-16 *(NIV)*

1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2. He called a little child and had him stand among them.
3. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
6. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
7. "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!
8. If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.
9. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.
10. "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.
12. "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?
13. And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off.
14. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.
15. "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
16. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that`every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

The disciples came to Jesus with a fundamental question of who is the greatest in the kingdom of God. Jesus made it clear that it is only those who possess childlike characters that will inherit the kingdom of God. He explained this to his disciples using the most appropriate example of a child's attitude towards everything around him. By implication, Jesus is saying that whoever wants to inherit the Kingdom of God must emulate a childlike humility and servant-like heart.

Note the comments of Jesus in verses 4 and 5. Christ establishes the spirit and style by which our authority as Christians should be exercised (Matthew 11:14). If you want to be great in the kingdom of God, you must be humble. You must willingly submit to God and His will. God honours the humble and He exalts them in due time (1 Peter 5: 6). Submit yourself to His will, be humble and you shall be great in His kingdom.

Lord clothe me with the garment of humility, so I may exhibit the virtues of Your kingdom in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_"We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness."—_ *Francis Chan*

HAPPY NEW MONTH TO YOU
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:52am On Aug 02, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 2ND AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* LAYING ASIDE DISTRACTIONS
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 20: 1-9 *(NIV)*

1. "When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots [and] people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God [is] with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.
2. "So it shall be, when you are on the verge of battle, that the priest shall approach and speak to the people.
3. "And he shall say to them, 'Hear, O Israel: Today you are on the verge of battle with your enemies. Do not let your heart faint, do not be afraid, and do not tremble or be terrified because of them;
4. 'for the LORD your God [is] He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.'
5. "Then the officers shall speak to the people, saying: 'What man [is there] who has built a new house and has not dedicated it? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man dedicate it.
6. 'Also what man [is there] who has planted a vineyard and has not eaten of it? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man eat of it.
7. 'And what man [is there] who is betrothed to a woman and has not married her? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man marry her.'
8. "The officers shall speak further to the people, and say, 'What man [is there who is] fearful and fainthearted? Let him go and return to his house, lest the heart of his brethren faint like his heart.'
9. "And so it shall be, when the officers have finished speaking to the people, that they shall make captains of the armies to lead the people.

Attaining freedom is to fight for it. Fighting battles however, needs full concentration and dedication, all distractions must be dealt with or avoided. So, in the Israeli army, there are laws of exemption from military service to avoid casualties. Some of these laws are listed in verses 5 to 8. These laws and warnings are necessary so that no man would be thinking of his newly acquired possessions in the battle and lose his life. In addition, the loss of a soldier in a battle field does not only affect the immediate family but also reduces the capacity of the nation. So, all necessary measures must be taken to guard against loss.

The Christian race is a battle for the salvation of our souls and eternity. We are to lay aside all distractions! The writer of Hebrew makes this clear in chapter 12:1. There are many distractions and temptations in the Christian race; worldly pleasures, possessions, unnecessary doctrinal controversies and divisions. All these have taken the position of Christ away from most Christians today, making them lose their focus concerning eternity, on daily basis. We should therefore reposition our faith and put off all distractions and temptations.

Father, give me the Spirit of discernment to identify distractions and pitfalls in my Christian race in Jesus Name. *Amen!*

_"Whatever makes men good Christians; makes them good citizens."_ _*- Daniel Webster*_

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF AUGUST*
In this New month, Favour will replace your fear, every terror planned against you shall not hold. Evil will not dominate your ways. God will help you and lift you above the reach of your enemies in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:09am On Aug 03, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 3RD AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* ENEMIES THAT CONTEND WITH INHERITANCE
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 20: 10-18 *(NIV)*

10. When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace.
11. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labour and shall work for you.
12. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city.
13. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it.
14. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.
15. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
16. However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.
17. Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.
18. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshipping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

In the battle for freedom, supremacy and dominion by the Israelite, there were instructions from the priests, military officers and God Himself. We meditated on the instruction of the military officers yesterday. In today's Scripture, God gave out His instructions for dealing with enemy cities. In God's instructions, an important principle was introduced into the war laws of Israel regarding the cities they besieged (vv. 10-12), and the people they fought against (vv. 16-18). In particular were the cities they must utterly destroy. One may ask how a merciful and just God could order the destruction of entire cities. He did this for 3 reasons: (i) God has given the enemy's lands to the Israelites as an inheritance (ii) The abominations of those cities are sufficiently indicated in Leviticus 18:24-28 and Leviticus 20:23 (iii) To protect His people from idol worship which was certain to bring ruin to Israel.

While God wants us to extend the peace of Christ to our enemies and take the gospel to sinners for repentance, He is also instructing us to avoid completely any person that strongly opposes the good news or things that can easily take us away or contend with our inheritance. Hebrew 12:1 says"...let us lay aside every weight and sin which so easily ensnare us...." Let us completely flee and destroy every sin that can deprive us of the heavenly kingdom that God has prepared for us.

Father Lord, let everything that can take me away from Your presence be destroyed in and around me in the Mighty Name of Jesus. *Amen!*

_"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength."–_ *Corrie Ten Boom*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Aug 04, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 4TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* PLANNING THE FUTURE UNDER GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 20: 19-20 *(NIV)*

19. When you lay siege to a city for a long time, fighting against it to capture it, do not destroy its trees by putting an axe to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees of the field people, that you should besiege them?
20. However, you may cut down trees that you know are not fruit trees and use them to build siege works until the city at war with you falls.

God makes provisions for both today and tomorrow. He knows that the conquest will occupy the land. So in the process of war, God gives the Israelites instructions which will take care of their immediate and future needs. For example, in the passage of today, He knows that the soldiers would need woods for siege and out of desperation, may cut down even trees that produce fruits. So in verses 19-20, He instructed them to preserve such trees. By implication, as He was planning to establish them in their rightful place, He was also planning their future, existence and survival.

The instructions and principles of God are there to give us an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). Humans, out of desperation for earthly possession and temporary pleasure, can limit the plan of God for their future. They may cut short their lifespan, lose their purpose for creation, and ultimately miss the kingdom of God, if they would not passionately follow God's instructions (however seemingly insignificant), for fulfilling His plan and purpose for their lives. Christians are admonished to watch out for pitfalls that can destroy their precious future and thwart that glorious end.

Lord, help me to follow passionately Your instructions, so I can fulfil my destiny in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read."–_ *John MacArthur*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Aug 05, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 5TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* DUTIES OF THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 21: 1-9 *(NIV)*

1. If a man is found slain, lying in a field in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess, and it is not known who killed him,
2. your elders and judges shall go out and measure the distance from the body to the neighbouring towns.
3. Then the elders of the town nearest the body shall take a heifer that has never been worked and has never worn a yoke
4. and lead her down to a valley that has not been ploughed or planted and where there is a flowing stream. There in the valley they are to break the heifer's neck.
5. The priests, the sons of Levi, shall step forward, for the LORD your God has chosen them to minister and to pronounce blessings in the name of the LORD and to decide all cases of dispute and assault.
6. Then all the elders of the town nearest the body shall wash their hands over the heifer whose neck was broken in the valley,
7. and they shall declare: "Our hands did not shed this blood, nor did our eyes see it done.
8. Accept this atonement for your people Israel, whom you have redeemed, O LORD, and do not hold your people guilty of the blood of an innocent man." And the bloodshed will be atoned for.
9. So you will purge from yourselves the guilt of shedding innocent blood, since you have done what is right in the eyes of the LORD.

Noticeable in this passage is the commandment, "you shall no murder" (Exodus 20:13). Shedding of the blood of men was a prominent issue with God (Genesis 9:5-6). Consequently, the whole community of Israel takes responsibility of an anonymous murder in blood guilt. They must seek atonement. The legal and religious procedures were carried out by elders, judges and priests. God was pointing to the need for the whole community to feel a sense of responsibility for what was going on around them and correct any situation that was harmful physically, socially and morally.

A Christian body is a community of people bonded together by one faith, one baptism and one love and Christ is the Head of His Church. Christians should guard against making a fellow Christian fall, either through their words or actions. However, should a Christian brother fall, efforts should be made to restore a lost or dying soul. It is absurd for a Christian to mock a fellow brother who falls out of grace. Both Apostles Paul and James identify in Galatians 6:1-2 and James 5:19-20 the role of a Christian community towards a dying or lost soul. We are the light of the world and that light must shine over the darkness of the world.

Lord, uphold Your Church, create a passion of the kingdom in each of us that we may all fully attain that greater height You desire for us, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life."–_ *Charles Stanley*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:06am On Aug 06, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 6TH AUGUST, 2021 _*(The Transfiguration of the Lord)*_ *THEME:* EXPERIENCING CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 9: 28-36 *(NIV)*

28. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
29. As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe [became] white [and] glistening.
30. And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah,
31. who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
32. But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
33. Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, [that] Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah" -- not knowing what he said.
34. While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud.
35. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
36. When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone. But they kept quiet, and told no one in those days any of the things they had seen.

Today marks the annual commemoration of the transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus took along Peter, James and John to the mountain for prayer and there He was transfigured. The radiant transformation of His facial appearance and the glittering whitening clothes teach His purity and nature. The appearance of Moses and Elijah establishes the summation and unity of the law and the prophets (the Old Testament) in Him (Jesus). It also reveals the interpretation and fulfillment of the same. The voice that came from heaven afterwards, confirmed His Sonship, His Lordship and His Messianic fulfillment (1 Corinthians 15:27). From the previous verses of our text (Luke 9:18-20), Jesus' transfiguration events evidently sustained the response of Peter about the person of Christ - Jesus is the Christ of God (not Elijah or any of the prophets). It was an important exercise for the disciples towards the spread of the gospel.

This is a gospel assignment that must keep spreading to the uttermost parts of the world. Every disciple is expected to have a personal experience and encounter of Jesus. This serves as the basis for every Christian to witness Christ (2 Peter 1:16-19). Do you have this personal salvation experience in Christ? Without the experience of Christ, the word of God may not in any way be meaningful to us.

Lords Jesus, endow me with the grace to grow in You and sustain the same till the end. *Amen.*

_“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”_ *(Romans 8:28)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:47am On Aug 07, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 7TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* THE CITIZENSHIP OF GOD'S NATION
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 21: 10-14 *(NIV)*

10. When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives,
11. if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife.
12. Bring her into your home and make her shave her head, trim her nails
13. and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife.
14. If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonoured her.

The Israelites engaging in war against their enemy nations was a usual security activity. They were also permitted to choose wives from among the war captives from other nations except a nation like Canaan. It was necessary and important that such a captive from uncircumcised nations pass through a period of cleansing (shaving of the head, trimming of nails, removal of clothes and mourning of her parent for full one month). This was compulsory because she was going to be grafted to the flock of God's people.

Our passage today is symbolic to soul-winning and conversion. The spiritual exercises of confession, repentance, absorption and engrafting to the body of Christ, is done with the help of the Holy Spirit. We are challenged to note that those who still live in the old nature are yet to be converted to Christ, irrespective of whatever office they occupy in the Church. The woman (unbeliever), until she performs the conversion rites, remains unclean and unfit for marriage to an Israelite (Christ). Are you engrafted into Christ? Would you be fit for the marriage of the Lamb at the second coming of Jesus? Let us answer these questions and make today historic and celebrated in heaven. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.." (Hebrew 10: 22-24).

God prepare me worthy of Your kingdom marriage supper. *Amen.*

_“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”_ *(Psalm 23:4)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On Aug 09, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 9TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* GOD'S STANDARD FOR PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCCE
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 21: 15-17 *(NIV)*

15. If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons but the firstborn is the son of the wife he does not love,
16. when he wills his property to his sons, he must not give the rights of the firstborn to the son of the wife he loves in preference to his actual firstborn, the son of the wife he does not love.
17. He must acknowledge the son of his unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double share of all he has. That son is the first sign of his father's strength. The right of the firstborn belongs to him.

Equity is fairness or justice in the way people are treated. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary says it is freedom from bias and favouritism. Today's passage addresses the right of the first born. In Israel, the firstborn receives a double portion inheritance and takes over his father's role as head of the family. The one who owns the natural right of firstborn may lose such by human judgment in some circumstances, especially if the co-wife to his mother is loved above his mother. Anywhere this happens, the home loses its peace, harmony and togetherness. God introduced His wisdom here by bringing in corrective measures on issues that could destroy the peace and love in the family. This is Divine solution to human problems (Deuteronomy 10:17).

God wants us to live in a society devoid of hatred, segregation and tribalism (Hebrews 13:1). We should live in love as brothers where resources are shared without sentiment or bias (Romans 12:9-10), Parents and family members should shun inequality but demonstrate equity and affection for family members. The government, political, social and religious groups should abort every act of discrimination, marginalisation and selfishness. They should embrace oneness, companionship and brotherliness, even with people outside their groups. Above all, Christ is the wisdom of God. Believe in Christ and His words and live to reflect equity as well as encourage and maintain peaceful communal life.

Equity is the product of a godly heart. Be equitable in Your relationship with all people.

_“Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.”_ *(Psalm 126:5)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Aug 10, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 10TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* REPENTANCE: REMEDY FOR ETERNAL DEATH
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 21: 18-21 *(NIV)*

18. If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,
19. his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.
20. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard."
21. Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Sin doubles itself and multiplies faster when repentance is taken lightly. The law against a rebellious son who becomes unmanageable for his parents exposes us to the kind of patience God exercises when we persist in sin. It further exposes sinners to the impending harsh judgment. Charges would be raised against sinners. Rebellion, disobedience, gluttony and drunkenness as recorded in the passage were listed against such a son after which he was liable to be stoned to death.

We all belong to the family of God. He created us and guides to the rightful path, yet we keep straying away in sin. God corrects, admonishes, chastises where necessary and calls to repentance. However, many choose to ignore God's benevolence. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins... " (John 1:9). For this purpose Jesus Christ came to release those who were doomed for death" (Psalm 102:20). It would be unfortunate for anyone of the household of God to be released for destruction in hell just as the parents in our passage released their son for destruction because of perpetual disobedience. Repent today and be saved.

Many things may come to mind today, but always remember; "...the wages of sin is death..." *(Roman 6:23).*

_“No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage …”_ *(Joshua 1:5)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 12TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* CARING FOR ONE'S NEIGHBOUR
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 22: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. "You shall not see your brother's ox or his sheep going astray, and hide yourself from them; you shall certainly bring them back to your brother.
2. "And if your brother [is] not near you, or if you do not know him, then you shall bring it to your own house, and it shall remain with you until your brother seeks it; then you shall restore it to him.
3. "You shall do the same with his donkey, and so shall you do with his garment; with any lost thing of your brother's, which he has lost and you have found, you shall do likewise; you must not hide yourself.
4. " You shall not see your brother's donkey or his ox fall down along the road, and hide yourself from them; you shall surely help him lift [them] up again.
5. " A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so [are] an abomination to the LORD your God.
6. " If a bird's nest happens to be before you along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, with the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young;
7. "you shall surely let the mother go, and take the young for yourself, that it may be well with you and [that] you may prolong [your] days.
8. " When you build a new house, then you shall make a parapet for your roof, that you may not bring guilt of bloodshed on your household if anyone falls from it.
9. " You shall not sow your vineyard with different kinds of seed, lest the yield of the seed which you have sown and the fruit of your vineyard be defiled.
10. " You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together.
11. " You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, [such as] wool and linen mixed together.
12. " You shall make tassels on the four corners of the clothing with which you cover [yourself.]

God's interest in the affairs of His people cannot be over emphasised. This is why He sets rules to regulate the life of His people. These rules include the way to treat and live in harmony with our neighbours. As the camel is the train of the desert, so is the ox the tractor of ancient Palestine. The people used oxen to till their land for farming. Since they operated an agrarian economy, when one's ox was lost, it affected one's business. So, anyone who found the lost ox was to return it to its owner.

This is equivalent to our neighbour's source of income or missing property today. God wants us to be a benefactor to others who are in need. Christians should not close their eyes at their brothers who are in need. They must give diligent care to their neighbour's property, just as their own. Caring for one another is God's injunction to His people. God desires His people to care for one another. Caring for each other can take place in different ways. It connotes love. This is why God commanded us to "love your neighbour as yourself" (Mathew 22:39).

Father help me to assist my neighbour in any way I can in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“If God is for us, who can be against us?”_ *(Romans 8:31)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Aug 13, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 13TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* ABHORING IMMORAL LIFE
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 22: 13-30 *(NIV)*

13. " If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her,
14. "and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, 'I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she [was] not a virgin,'
15. "then the father and mother of the young woman shall take and bring out [the evidence of] the young woman's virginity to the elders of the city at the gate.
16. "And the young woman's father shall say to the elders, 'I gave my daughter to this man as wife, and he detests her.
17. 'Now he has charged her with shameful conduct, saying, "I found your daughter [was] not a virgin," and yet these [are the evidences of] my daughter's virginity.' And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
18. "Then the elders of that city shall take that man and punish him;
19. "and they shall fine him one hundred [shekels] of silver and give [them] to the father of the young woman, because he has brought a bad name on a virgin of Israel. And she shall be his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days.
20. "But if the thing is true, [and evidences of] virginity are not found for the young woman,
21. "then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play the harlot in her father's house. So you shall put away the evil from among you.
22. " If a man is found lying with a woman married to a husband, then both of them shall die -- the man that lay with the woman, and the woman; so you shall put away the evil from Israel.
23. " If a young woman [who is] a virgin is betrothed to a husband, and a man finds her in the city and lies with her,
24. "then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry out in the city, and the man because he humbled his neighbor's wife; so you shall put away the evil from among you.
25. " But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.
26. "But you shall do nothing to the young woman; [there is] in the young woman no sin [deserving] of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so [is] this matter.
27. "For he found her in the countryside, [and] the betrothed young woman cried out, but [there was] no one to save her.
28. " If a man finds a young woman [who is] a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out,
29. "then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.
30. " A man shall not take his father's wife, nor uncover his father's bed.

Chastity is the principle or state of not having sex with anyone, or not having sex with anyone except one's husband or wife (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English). In the Old Testament, God had His temple for His people, but in the New Testament, God has His people for His temple. God does not want anything to defile His temple which is our body: "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you? (I Cor. 6:19). The Bible condemns any sexual act outside marriage. In our text today, it was important that an Israelite remained pure and chaste and be a virgin at marriage. Much of the responsibility for this fell upon the parents (v.15).

In the same vein, Christian parents have the same the responsibility to make every effort to protect their daughters, and their sons as well, against premarital sexual activities. They must teach them God's principle of purity and guide them into godly and chaste convictions with regard to sexual matters. Dressing is part of it. Christians, especially ladies, should dress modestly; not to attract the opposite sex. Christian ladies should endeavour to maintain *Christian ATM:* _Abstain Till Marriage!_

Dear Father, may I ignore the desires of the flesh, and follow the dictates of the Holy Spirit in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_“Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.”_ *(Isaiah 46:4)*

1 Like

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 14TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* THE ASSEMBLY OF GOD'S PEOPLE: NOW AND IN ETERNITY
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 23: 1-8 *(NIV)*

1. No-one who has been emasculated by crushing or cutting may enter the assembly of the LORD.
2. No-one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of his descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, even down to the tenth generation.
3. No Ammonite or Moabite or any of his descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, even down to the tenth generation.
4. For they did not come to meet you with bread and water on your way when you came out of Egypt, and they hired Balaam son of Beor from Pethor in Aram Naharaim to pronounce a curse on you.
5. However, the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.
6. Do not seek a treaty of friendship with them as long as you live.
7. Do not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother. Do not abhor an Egyptian, because you lived as an alien in his country.
8. The third generation of children born to them may enter the assembly of the LORD.

The assembly of the Lord is the gathering of God's people. In the Old Testament, it referred to the place of worship where the Israelites gathered to worship Yahweh. However, there were certain people that were to be excluded from the assembly until the tenth generation. God gave reasons for their exclusion. Some of the reasons are: (1) Mutilations of the body that are associated with Canaanite worship (v.1). (2) Illegitimacy of children or children born out of wedlock (v.2). (3) Being Ammonites and Moabites for their ill treatment of Israel in their journey (vv. 3-6). However, the time for exclusion from the assembly for Edomites and Egyptians was reduced to the end of the second generation because of the good hands they extended to the Israelites (vv. 7-cool

The above narration is a shadow of reality to come on the day of the Lord. On the last day, when the righteous shall be gathered before God till eternity, it is certain that "there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles" (Rev. 21: 27), "nor anyone who practices abomination"
(Deut. 18:12-13). Therefore, as you wait for the glorious day of the Lord, be blameless before the Lord your God.

"There shall by no means enter it anything that defiles" (Rev. 21: 27).

_“For the Lord preserves the faithful …”_ *(Psalm 31:23)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:17am On Aug 15, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 15TH AUGUST, 2021 _*{Trinity 11}*_ *THEME:* UNITY IN DIVERSITY
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 17: 20-26 *(NIV)*

20. "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
21. that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
23. I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
24. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
25. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.
26. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Unity is one of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith (Rom. 12:5; Gal. 3:28; Phil. 1:27). In the immediate context of our text today, Jesus was speaking of the Apostles. However, in the extended context, Jesus was speaking of the Church. Jesus desires that the Church may be one as He and His Father are one (v.21). He prayed earnestly for the oneness of the believers. Jesus knew that His disciples and the believers to come would have diverse opinions, talents, gifts and offices in the ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-11: Eph. 4:11). Therefore, He prayed that they would have the spirit of being one in Christ. By so doing, the unity will be extended to all believers through tolerance of one another's diversity.

Our prayer and goal should be that every Christian should be one with all their brothers and sisters in Christ. No one can claim to be one with Jesus and at the same time, does not seek unity with all those who believe in Jesus. It is when the Church is one that the world will believe (v.21). Therefore, let us embrace oneness in the body of Christ. By so doing, the unity will be extended to all believers through tolerance of one another's diversities.

"And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand" (Mark 3:25).

_“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith.”_ *(1 John 5:4)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 16TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* YOUR STORY WILL CHANGE!
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 5: 1-15 *(NIV)*

1. Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews.
2. Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades.
3. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie--the blind, the lame, the paralysed.
*_4. From time to time an angel of the Lord would come down and stir up the waters. The first one into the pool after each such disturbance would be cured of whatever disease they had._*
5. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"
7. "Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no-one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me."
8. Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."
9. At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath,
10. and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat."
11. But he replied, "The man who made me well said to me,`Pick up your mat and walk.'"
12. So they asked him, "Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?"
13. The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.
14. Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."
15. The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

The central focus of our text today is the story of a certain man who had infirmity for a period of thirty eight years. He had waited in vain to have an opportunity to get to the water each time it was stirred by angels. The harder he tried, the more he failed. To make matters worse, there was no one to help him. He was hopeless, helpless and frustrated. The pool, according to our text, was called Bethesda, which simply means House of Mercy. He was in the House of Mercy expecting to receive mercy, yet for thirty eight years, no mercy came. Suddenly, Jesus appeared on the scene and his story changed! The story of frustration changed to a story of the goodness of God (v.11).

This story shows clearly God's power to intervene and help in desperate situations and conditions. You may have waited long in the House of Mercy and may have witnessed others receiving mercy, yet yours has not come. God is interested and wants to use your situation to glorify His name. When He visits, the opinion of men will not matter. The long expected miracle will happen and your story will change.

O Lord, intervene in my situation and change my story that Your name may be glorified in my life. *Amen!*

_“Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.”_ *(1 Corinthians 16:13)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:18am On Aug 17, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 17TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* BE COMFORTED
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 5: 16-23 *(NIV)*

16. So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him.
17. Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."
18. For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19. Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.
21. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
22. Moreover, the Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,
23. that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him.

The Jews persecuted Jesus Christ despite the miracles He did among them. They even took offence at Him because He performed miracles on the Sabbath. They were not also pleased with him because He claimed to be equal with God and was united with God in purpose and action. These offended their rules and beliefs. They were blinded to Jesus' mission and miracles. To them, He deserved to die. They did not see His worth; all they sought for was a fault, which they could not find.

Jesus Christ says: "The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord" (Matt.10.24). If Christians are to enjoy the glory and power of God, they will also partake in His persecution experience. It grieves the heart when one's contribution is met with condemnation instead of commendation. In situations like this, we should be comforted in the fact that, no matter how hard our experience might be, Jesus Christ has been through it all-
He is able to help us!

O Lord. grant me strength to be faithful to You; make me strong and unbending in the face of persecution and opposition. *Amen*

_“You who love the Lord, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.”_ *(Psalm 97:10)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 19TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* BE A WITNESS FOR CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 5: 31-47 *(NIV)*

31. " If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true.
32. "There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.
33. "You have sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth.
34. "Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things that you may be saved.
35. "He was the burning and shining lamp, and you were willing for a time to rejoice in his light.
36. "But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish -- the very works that I do -- bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.
37. "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38. "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39. "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40. "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41. "I do not receive honor from men.
42. "But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43. "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
44. "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that [comes] from the only God?
45. "Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is [one] who accuses you -- Moses, in whom you trust.
46. "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.
47. "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

As a noun, the word 'witness' refers to somebody who directly observes or has a personal knowledge of an event. It can also mean something which serves as evidence. In today's passage, Jesus Christ mentioned four witnesses to His mission and ministry on earth. They are: Moses, John the Baptist, His works (miracles), and God the Father. It is written: "At the mouth of two witnesses or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established" (Deut. 19.15) All the witnesses mentioned confirmed His purpose and mission. They are sure evidences, which could not be questioned. Jesus Christ did not propagate Himself, the witnesses did. The significance of the witnesses is that men may believe and be saved.

Today, witnesses of the grace and power of God through Christ Jesus are needed. Men and women need to go out into the world and share what they have heard, seen and handled (1 John 1:1). The world is waiting for a witness who would not seek the approval of men but the approval which comes from God only. Witnesses who would not care for earthly reward but heavenly reward are urgently needed. Such Witness must point the attention of the world around them to the completed work of Christ on and show them the way of salvation. The clock is ticking and the time is running out. Souls can be saved and life can be redeemed. Let us rise and be a witness today.

O Lord, grant me undying passion to witness Your power and grace to this present world. *Amen!*

_“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.”_ *(Psalm 34:17)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-08-20

✝️�TOPIC: RELEASE IT TO JESUS

✝️�TEXT: JOHN 6:1-14(NKJV)

1. After these things Jesus went over the Sea of Galilee, which is [the Sea] of Tiberias.
2. Then a great multitude followed Him, because they saw His signs which He performed on those who were diseased.
3. And Jesus went up on the mountain, and there He sat with His disciples.
4. Now the Passover, a feast of the Jews, was near.
5. Then Jesus lifted up [His] eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?"
6. But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do.
7. Philip answered Him, "Two hundred denarii worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may have a little."
8. One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, said to Him,
9. "There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many?"
10. Then Jesus said, "Make the people sit down." Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11. And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed [them] to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted.
12. So when they were filled, He said to His disciples, "Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost."
13. Therefore they gathered [them] up, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten.
14. Then those men, when they had seen the sign that Jesus did, said, "This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world."

✝️�STUDY:

Every part of the human body is highly important and useful. Some people sometimes say they cannot give out what they have because they consider it to be too small. In today's passage, the little boy gave out what probably was meant for him alone. However, the question is: How far would five barley loaves and two small fishes go among thousands of people? Yes, humanly speaking they could not go far but when they were placed in the hands of Jesus Christ, indeed they became more than enough!
Whatever grace/spiritual gift you possess within you needs to be engaged. What is required of every human is to give what one has-that which one holds in one's hands - and let God do the rest. As part of the body of Christ, you and your gifts are important and useful to your generation. All you need is to determine and prepare to release those gifts unto the Lord as blessing to friends, families, church and society. Share the grace of God in you with others. Witness God to people; obeying His command to the letter! Then wait and see the glory of God that will follow.

✝️��PRAYER:
O Lord, give me grace to surrender all to You in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Date: 2021-08-21

✝️�TOPIC: JESUS IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE

✝️�TEXT: JOHN 6:15-21(NKJV)

15. Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.
16. Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea,
17. got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum. And it was already dark, and Jesus had not come to them.
18. Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing.
19. So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid.
20. But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid."
21. Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.

✝️�STUDY:

The desire of every traveller is to have a safe landing at the end of the journey. In our text, the disciples went ahead of Jesus to the other side of the sea. It was dark and they could not see. There was a threat, a danger and an emotional strain of a storm which can represent trouble, loss, helplessness and hopelessness. Being represent without Jesus will surely cause fear, challenges and unrest. At the start of the journey, their thought was that it would be peaceful and successful but the wind came! The terrible storm did strike and threaten their lives (v.20). However, the Master came through and said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid. "When they welcomed Jesus into their boat, there was calmness and they arrived their destination safely.
Brethren, do you know that Jesus is always available for whatever situation in life? The only answer to fear and challenges is Jesus Himself. In the moment of trial, sickness and financial difficulties, it is important to understand His presence and receive Him. The result of receiving Christ is the erasing of the power of fear. He is always available. When you receive Him, you will sail through the world and certainly have a safe landing in heaven with Him.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord Jesus, I welcome you into my life today. Take absolute control of my journey, Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 22ND AUGUST, 2021 _*{Trinity 12}*_ *THEME:* ENDURING PERSECUTION
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 10: 16-22 *(NIV)*

16. I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
17. "Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues.
18. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
19. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
20. for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21. "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
22. All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

As sheep in the midst of wolves to be persecuted severely, true disciples must know one thing as they go forth. The first counsel is to be wise and harmless. Jesus told His disciples that living for God would bring persecution but with it comes the opportunity to make known the good news of salvation (v. 16). He told them they would be arrested for the sake of gospel. The persecution would be for the sake of Christ and as a result of the testimonies of the disciples to the world, Jesus warned them to stand firm till the end.

Christians today are seriously facing difficulties and persecutions. Several restrictions are being placed against the
testimony of Jesus Christ in several places. Yet, Christians who are true disciples of Christ should never mind the extent or level of persecution in this generation, knowing that many are yet to come to the light of salvation. Therefore, we must prepare well to face whatever form of persecution before us. Note that Jesus told His disciples to stand firm till the end. The same goes for us today. Standing firm to the end is an evidence of our commitment to Jesus.

O Lord, give me the grace to hold on to my faith till the end in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_“In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.”_ *(Psalm 138:3)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:14am On Aug 23, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 23RD AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* WHAT TO SEEK
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 6: 22-29 *(NIV)*

22. The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake realised that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not entered it with his disciples, but that they had gone away alone.
23. Then some boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the people had eaten the bread after the Lord had given thanks.
24. Once the crowd realised that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.
25. When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, "Rabbi, when did you get here?"
26. Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.
27. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."
28. Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
29. Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

It is generally said that he who fails to plan has already planned to fail. The message of today's meditation makes us to understand that the people in our text were busy chasing shadows instead of the reality (Jesus Christ). Indeed, they were looking for Jesus because of yesterday's miracle. To them, a Messiah had come who could meet their daily needs. They were less interested in the spiritual benefits He gave.

Today, many people go to church because of diverse needs. So many are looking for protection, promotion, advancement and lots more. However, they forget that all these will definitely end one day. It is highly important to understand the message of John 3:16
Father sent to the world to secure eternity for mankind and this all should believe in the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who the Father sent to the world to secure eternity for mankind and this eternity is not a result of good work! What you must do is simple: Just believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Ensure you seek first the kingdom of God through God's Son Jesus Christ (Matt. 6:33)

Lord, teach me to seek You above any of life's possessions in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_“O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.”_ *(Psalm 68:35)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2021
Date: 2021-08-24
(St. Bartholomew's Day)

✝️�TOPIC: DON'T BE TOO AMBITIOUS

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 22:24 -30(NKJV)

24. Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be considered the greatest.
25. And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactors.'
26. "But not so [among] you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves.
27. "For who [is] greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? [Is] it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
28. "But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
29. "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed [one] upon Me,
30. "that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

✝️�STUDY:

In today's reading, the argument was about who should be
considered the leader/head. Jesus said leadership is not based on the position one is holding or what one claims to be but on what God sees one to be in His vineyard. We must have the spirit of our role model - Jesus Christ! It is important for us to be holy and faithful wherever God has assigned us to be. Ambition is a good thing but being too ambitious is a sin. Whatever your aspiration would be, don't be too desperate. Leadership is a gradual process. If you are a leader, you are called to serve those under you.
As we celebrate St. Bartholomew, one of the Apostles of Jesus Christ today, we need to learn from his humility and commitment in carrying out the Great Commission during his time. We are encouraged to be sincere and faithful to the assignment before us, just like Bartholomew was!

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, please give me the spirit of humility that I may serve You acceptably in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 25TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS, THE BREAD OF LIFE
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 6: 30-40 *(NIV)*

30. So they asked him, "What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do?
31. Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written:`He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"
32. Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.
33. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
34. "Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread."
35. Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.
36. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.
37. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
38. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
39. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.
40. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

In our reading today, the people were asking for miracle greater than that of the gift of manna that had accompanied Moses' ministry. To them, Jesus had not done anything spectacular. After all, He only fed five thousand people, while Moses fed a nation. He fed them for one day; Moses for forty years. Jesus quickly corrected them that the manna in the wilderness did not come from Moses but from God. Jesus moved the discussion further by talking about something more important than manna; which is the bread that comes from heaven. Jesus was actually talking about His divine origin. He says "I Am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst" (v.35).

Jesus is the bread which gives life and preserves from death. Anyone who receives Jesus' teachings and believes in Him as the great atoning sacrifice, shall be perfectly satisfied. All the guilt of his sins shall be blotted out and his soul shall be purified unto God. For your soul to be purified unto God, you need to do the following:
(1) Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
(2) Believe that He is your redeemer who came to die that you might be saved.
(3) Confess your sins to Him and speak about Him wherever you may be.

Purify my heart, O Lord, so I will be free from the guilt of sin in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_“For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.”_ *(Proverbs 3:26)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 26TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS, THE HOPE OF EVERY BELIEVER
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 6: 41-59 *(NIV)*

41. At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven."
42. They said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,`I came down from heaven'?"
43. "Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered.
44. "No-one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
45. It is written in the Prophets:`They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
46. No-one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
47. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
48. I am the bread of life.
49. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died.
50. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live for ever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
52. Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53. Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.
57. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
58. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live for ever."
59. He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

In our text today, the Jews began to murmur because the whole of Jesus discourse went to prove that He is infinitely greater than Moses; and that He alone could give present peace and eternal glory to men. The people were hostile to Jesus' teaching. The congregation was actually composed of a great number of Jewish religious leaders who could not accept the claims of Jesus that He was sent directly from God. How could somebody whose parents were in their midst and whose birth story they knew, claim to have come from God? All their argument was because they had set their hearts on that which could neither give nor sustain spiritual life.

Because Jesus was rejected by people who were supposed to be His own people; does not negate the fact that He is the Messiah. He says "your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead" (v.49). It means that the bread they ate neither preserved their bodies alive nor entitled them to life eternal. Those who receive Jesus' salvation, shall not only be raised again on the last day, but shall inherit eternal life. It is only the hope in Jesus that gives eternal peace. Eternity is waiting for those who have eaten from the bread that comes from heaven - this bread is Jesus! If you are going to make heaven, you must accept Him as your Lord and personal Saviour.

Father, feed me with the bread of life that I may hunger no more. *Amen!*

_“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in Him I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior, You save me from violence.”_ *(2 Samuel 22:2)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:37am On Aug 27, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 27TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* THE CONFUSED DISCIPLES
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 6: 60-71 *(NIV)*

60. Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard [this,] said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?"
61. When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you?
62. "[What] then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
63. "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and [they] are life.
64. "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65. And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66. From that [time] many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67. Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
68. But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69. "Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
70. Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"
71. He spoke of Judas Iscariot, [the son] of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.

Jesus had more than twelve disciples who accompanied Him during His earthly ministry. These people were also found anywhere Jesus ministered the word of God. His word to them was a hard one; they could not understand. His word was hard because they could not understand the spiritual significance of what He was saying, so they decided to desert Him. One would be surprised that even the disciples who must have witnessed several miracles, and listened to so many of His teachings at this time, found His teaching difficult to understand. After many people had left, Jesus asked if others too wanted to leave (v.67), but they said no. The difference between those disciples who deserted Jesus and those who stayed is seen in the fact that, those that stayed learnt more.

Each time you read or study the word of God, always ask that the Holy Spirit Himself interpret the word to you in a clear language. If it seems that a passage is dry, pause in patience and allow the Holy Spirit to inspire you so that you will not be as confused as those disciples that deserted Jesus Christ.

Holy Spirit, fill my heart that the word of God will dwell in me and have more meaning in my life in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

_“Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.”_ *(Psalm 62:1)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 29TH AUGUST, 2021 _*{Trinity 13}*_ *THEME:* PERSISTENCE IN PRAYER
*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 11: 1-13 *(NIV)*

1. One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
2. He said to them, "When you pray, say: "`Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
3. Give us each day our daily bread.
4. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'"
5. Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says,`Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,
6. because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'
7. "Then the one inside answers,`Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.'
8. I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
9. "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
10. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
11. "Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?
12. Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Persistence is the quality that allows one to continue doing something or trying to do something even though it is difficult or opposed by other people (Merriam Webster Dictionary). In this passage, we should keep in mind that Jesus was talking here directly to the Apostles. He was giving them instructions on the issues of prayers that would be applicable to their lives and ministries. Jesus was giving examples of what should be contained in our prayers (vv. 2-4). More importantly, using a parable, He taught the disciples that our heavenly Father is a willing listener if only we will be persistent in our requests to Him (v.cool.

The lesson of persistence is what we need today in the place of prayer. One thing is to pray, another thing is our persistence in prayer. Even when you know that your request might seem difficult to be granted, but your continuous perseverance in prayer might bring down the hand of God to grant your request (vv. 6-cool. Therefore, keep asking, seeking and knocking till your joy will be full.

Heavenly Father, teach me never to relent in the place of Prayer, in the Name of Jesus Christ. *Amen!*

_“I will lift up my eyes to the hills – from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.”_ *(Psalm 121:1)*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / What Have You Suffered For Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 286
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.