Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8516 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY, 30TH AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* THE WISDOM OF GOD
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 7: 10-20 *(NIV)*

10. However, after his brothers had left for the Feast, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.
11. Now at the Feast the Jews were watching for him and asking, "Where is that man?"
12. Among the crowds there was widespread whispering about him. Some said, "He is a good man." Others replied, "No, he deceives the people."
13. But no-one would say anything publicly about him for fear of the Jews.
14. Not until halfway through the Feast did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach.
15. The Jews were amazed and asked, "How did this man get such learning without having studied?"
16. Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.
17. If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
18. He who speaks on his own does so to gain honour for himself, but he who works for the honour of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
19. Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law. Why are you trying to kill me?"
20. "You are demon-possessed," the crowd answered. "Who is trying to kill you?"

From our passage today, the fact that Jesus eventually went to the feast suggests that He received instructions from God. Jesus was not moved by the suggestion of his brothers to be known by all, but He chose to enter the feast secretly. He did not want a public confrontation with the religious leaders who desired to kill Him (v.11). In the middle of the feast, after everyone had settled down, Jesus publicly went to the temple to teach the word of God. This brought another point of argument between the religious leaders and the common people. They argued that He did not have a rabbinical education; yet, He taught the word of God (vv.14 &15). The key to this secret is best known to Jesus who had chosen to do the will of God and relied on God's wisdom. He was always in communion with His Father.

There is wisdom from above to anyone who desires to learn from God. It is available at all times to those who do not seek their own glory, rather the glory of He who sent them (vv.17 &18). Once you have decided to make yourself available for His tutelage, He will teach you what you ought to know

*PRAYER:*
Help me, O Lord, to always seek Your wisdom and not to rely on my own understanding, in Jesus' Name. *Amen!*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident.”_ *(Psalm 27:1)*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE: Pls Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:19am On Aug 31, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 31ST AUGUST, 2021 *THEME:* A BLIND CANDLE BEARER
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 7: 21-31 *(NIV)*

21. Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work, and you all marvel.
22. "Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath.
23. "If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath?
24. "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
25. Now some of them from Jerusalem said, "Is this not He whom they seek to kill?
26. "But look! He speaks boldly, and they say nothing to Him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is truly the Christ?
27. "However, we know where this Man is from; but when the Christ comes, no one knows where He is from."
28. Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, "You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know.
29. "But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent Me."
30. Therefore they sought to take Him; but no one laid a hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come.
31. And many of the people believed in Him, and said, "When the Christ comes, will He do more signs than these which this [Man] has done?"

Here, in this passage, there are two sets of people confronting Jesus' authority. The religious leaders brought the issue of the Sabbath (vv.19-24) while the common people argued the Messiahship of Jesus Christ (vv.25-31). It is very sad to say that these people had the laws but were blindfolded by the same laws. They misinterpreted the use of the Sabbath. The Jews should have known that The Sabbath is made for man; and not man for the Sabbath' (Mk. 2:27). It is Sabbath because Sabbath referred to 'rest from labours.' The religious leaders knew this, however, they failed to understand Jesus' teaching because of their envy of Him. Their judgment, therefore, was inaccurate, inconsistent and hypocritical. Hence, they became 'blind candle bearers. 'It is true that they carried the light (the law) but it couldn't lighten their own darkness.

As Christians in this generation, we should be careful how we present the Christian faith to people, especially unbelievers. We should not become stumbling blocks to the salvation of others through our own vices. A good thing to note in this passage is that even when the leaders became blind, some of the common people took their stand. They professed that. "When the Christ comes, will He do more signs than these that this man has done?" (v.31). Therefore, they believed Jesus. We should learn how to stand for the truth in the midst of errors.

A life outside Christ is in darkness and cannot see the good work of salvation.

_“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. All nations surrounded me, but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.”_ *(Psalm 118:6)*

NOTE: Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:09am On Sep 01, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 1ST SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS CAME TO FORGIVE, NOT TO CONDEMN
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 8: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
2. At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered round him, and he sat down to teach them.
3. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group
4. and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.
5. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"
6. They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
7. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
8. Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.
10. Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no-one condemned you?"
11. "No-one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

The text in question today is about an adulterous woman who was supposed to face the wrath of the law by being stoned to death. Strictly speaking, the accusers were right to have called for her execution. Jesus didn't condemn them for that, but rather asked the one who was without sin to cast the first stone. In a little while, the accusers all disappeared having lost the moral strength to continue with their mission. Jesus discharged the woman without condemnation, but asked her to go and sin no more.

John 3:17 makes it clear to us that, "God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved"; it is God's pleasure to have sinners come to Him in penitence. He is able and desires to have mercy on them. We are not in the position to judge others; the position belongs to God. We should also not remain in our sins for whatsoever reason. In Jesus, God has provided an avenue for forgiveness. So many people are haunted by the guilt of the sins committed in the past and so haven't made any progress. Hear Jesus say today, "neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

Dear Lord, please grant me the grace to live above sin and its condemnation in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea … God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.”_ *(Psalm 46:1,5)*

*MONTH OF SEPTEMBER*
In this New Month, Your enemies will not have the last laugh over you. Your trust in God will not fail you, but you shall wax stronger for a fulfilled 2021. You shall be lifted above all evil associated with the season and you shall rejoice at the end. *HAPPY NEW MONTH*

Credits oa: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE: Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-09-02

✝️�TOPIC: KNOW JESUS, KNOW GOD

✝️�TEXT: John 8:13-20(NKJV)

13. The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true."
14. Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.
15. "You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.
16. "And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I [am] with the Father who sent Me.
17. "It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.
18. "I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me."
19. Then they said to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also."
20. These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come.

✝️�STUDY:

God is light and this light is fully represented in Jesus who is
mandated by God, the Father, as the Saviour of the world. The fall in the Garden of Eden imposed darkness upon man, cast him away from God's presence and had him awaiting the time of perfect redemption through the seed of the woman (Gen. 3:15).
Out of love, Jesus accepted to come into the world in human form for our salvation. Those who accept Jesus as their Saviour are filled with the light of the truth that leads them without error. No man would claim to know God without having known Jesus. In Him dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Col. 2:9); and no man comes to the father but by Him (Jn. 14:6).
Arguments abound as to the right way to the Father. Jesus said it boldly that any man who knows Him, already knows the Father. The implication of this statement is that any man who does not know Him, and has not accepted His death on the cross as being sufficient for the forgiveness of his sins, does not know God. This record is true. Do you know God?

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, may I walk in the light of God as fully represented in Jesus. Amen.

NOTE: Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2021
Date: 2021-09-03

✝️�TOPIC: DO NOTHING OF YOURSELF

✝️�TEXT: John 8:21-30 (NKJV)

21. Then Jesus said to them again, "I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come."
22. So the Jews said, "Will He kill Himself, because He says, 'Where I go you cannot come'?"
23. And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24. "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am [He,] you will die in your sins."
25. Then they said to Him, "Who are You?" And Jesus said to them, "Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.
26. "I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him."
27. They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.
28. Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am [He,] and [that] I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.
29. "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
30. As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.

✝️�STUDY:

Jesus declared to the Jews that they could not come to where He was going, simply because they did not believe in Him. Anybody who refuses to believe in Jesus will likely die in his sins if he continues in unbelief. He spoke to them out of the things He heard from the Father. They did not understand Him because they didn't know that He spoke to them of the Father. He stressed on the point of not doing things on His own, but only the things that the Father had taught Him. He ascribed pleasing the Father as the reason why the Father was with Him.
As Children of God, sensitivity to the Father through the Holy Spirit is paramount. We must be sure of what the Father wants at every point in time and be able to do it. In all of our affairs, we must represent God in totality. As we go about our normal businesses, the mindset of God must reflect in all we do. By so doing, the presence of God will reflect in our lives and ministry towards fruitfulness.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, may I be sensitive to Your Spirit and do things only as
directed by You.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 4TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* TRUE LIBERTY
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 8: 31-36 *(NIV)*

31. To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
32. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
33. They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"
34. Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
35. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it for ever.
36. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

In verse 30, we read that many believed in Jesus Christ. As He continued His admonition, He encouraged those who believed to hold on to His teachings in order for them to be truly reckoned with as His disciples. These teachings He described as the "truth" and liberantion agents. The people did not understand His advice since they believed that they had never been in bondage, being the they Children of Abraham. Their reaction brought out the explanation from Jesus about the mystery of sin and bondage.

Man succumbed to the devil and his trap in the Garden of Eden and became a slave to sin. St. Paul described it this way: "For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Rom. 7:19). Sin enslaves whomsoever it grips and robs such one the privilege of son-ship in God.

However, belief in Jesus Christ and adherence to His teachings is the only sure way of deliverance from the bondage of sin. Being a member of a Christian denomination does not confer on someone the privilege of son-ship in God, but receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and continuing in His teachings, do.
Are you a Son or a Slave?

May I abide in Your word, O Lord, and be free from the bondage of Sin in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.”_ *(Psalm 125:1)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
*ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL 6 SEPTEMBER 2021 Monday Message*

*Topic: God’s Children Obey Him*

TEXT: John 8:37-47(NKJV)

37. ” I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.
38. “I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”
39. They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.
40. “But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.

“You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father — God.”
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
“Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.

“You are of [your] father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and [does not] stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [resources,] for he is a liar and the father of it.

“But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.

“Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?
“He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

STUDY: The Jews continued to claim access to God on the basis of being Abraham’s Children. Jesus acknowledged that fact, but pointed out that anybody who has no room for God’s Word cannot be His Child. Jesus showed that Abraham had a relationship with God and lived according to His precepts. Hence, anybody who claims access to God, must live by His Word.

The only way to show that you belong to God is by loving Him and His people. It is also by hearing Him and doing His Word. God is a righteous God, and His people must be righteous in their acts. Every evil such as murder, lying, etc. is from the devil. Therefore, the presence or absence of these in our lives, points to whose child we are. It is very easy still to know who a child of God is. Same for a child of the devil! Just check people’s acts! Jesus said. by their fruits you shall know them (Matt. 7:20).

In our society today, it is very easy for individuals to claim that they know God. Knowledge of God should bring sanity to the society. However, in our own case today, the more people claim to know God, the more the society is filled with evil. What an anomaly!

PRAYER: Grant me the grace, dear Lord, to hear Your Word and live by it in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.

Daily Fountain Quote of the Day
“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.” (Psalm 57:1)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Sep 07, 2021
Date: 2021-09-07

✝️�TOPIC: WHOEVER OBEYS MY WORD WILL NEVER TASTE DEATH

✝️�TEXT: John 8:48-59(NKJV)

48. Then the Jews answered and said to Him, "Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?"
49. Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me.
50. "And I do not seek My [own] glory; there is One who seeks and judges.
51. "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
52. Then the Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, 'If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.'
53. "Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Whom do You make Yourself out to be?"
54. Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
55. "Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, 'I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.
56. "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw [it] and was glad."
57. Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
58. Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
59. Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

✝️�STUDY:

The spiritual ignorance of the Jews led to their picking up stones against Jesus, but He slipped away from their midst. His offence was teaching the mystery of death which they couldn't understand because they operated in the flesh. He said " _Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word he shall never see death_ " (v.51).
The same confusion prevailed in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve thought that the punishment against sin as detailed by God was physical death. However, as soon as they sinned against God, what set in was not physical but spiritual death. They were cast out from the Garden and faced every torment that the devil could muster. Most regrettably, they were alienated from God and His fellowship.
The word of God is light that leads into eternal life. Whoever obeys it will live forever - sound spiritual life on earth and eternal life hereafter. Abraham, against their thoughts, was truly not dead but lives forever as we read that Lazarus was being comforted in his bosom after physical death (Lk. 16:23-25). The sure way to remain alive in God and with God is living by His Word.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, grant me the spirit of obedience to Your Word that l
may live forever in You in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 8TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 _*(Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary)*_ *THEME:* APPRECIATING GOD'S GRACE
*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 1: 39-55 *(NIV)*

39. At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea,
40. where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth.
41. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!
43. But why am I so favoured, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
45. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"
46. And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord
47. and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
48. for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49. for the Mighty One has done great things for me--holy is his name.
50. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
51. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52. He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.
53. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty.
54. He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful
55. to Abraham and his descendants for ever, even as he said to our fathers."

The nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is the day the Church commemorates the birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary. One of the qualities that made her outstanding was her ability to recognise and appreciate the grace that God had towards her and other people. It is most likely that Mary was not the only virgin in the land of Israel at that time, but it pleased God to favour her with the privilege of giving birth to the Saviour of the world. She did recognise this, and praised God with all her heart. She never saw God's choice of her as an opportunity to feel larger than life, but rather humbled. Elizabeth, whom we know was barren, was blessed by God with conception few months before Mary became pregnant by the Holy Spirit; Mary visited her.

We see men in our time misconstrue God's mercy towards them, feeling that their uprightness has earned them the privilege they enjoy. The Bible says that it is not of him that wills nor of him that runs, but of God that shows mercy. Let us humble ourselves in the face of our uplifting, recognising that it is by His mercies. As God also favours other brethren, let us leam to identify with them in their joy.

Let me recognise You, O God, in my moments of success, knowing that every good gift comes from You. *Amen.*

_“Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall not permit the righteous to be moved.”_ *(Psalm 55:22)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:58am On Sep 09, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* ... THAT THE WORKS OF GOD MAY BE MADE MANIFEST
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 9: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. Now as [Jesus] passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth.
2. And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
3. Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.
4. "I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; [the] night is coming when no one can work.
5. "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
6. When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay.
7. And He said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
8. Therefore the neighbors and those who previously had seen that he was blind said, "Is not this he who sat and begged?"
9. Some said, "This is he." Others [said,] "He is like him." He said, "I am [he."]
10. Therefore they said to him, "How were your eyes opened?"
11. He answered and said, "A Man called Jesus made clay and anointed my eyes and said to me, 'Go to the pool of Siloam and wash.' So I went and washed, and I received sight."
12. Then they said to him, "Where is He?" He said, "I do not know."

It is common for humans to believe that every misfortune that befalls a man is as a result of his sins or that of his ancestors. Little wonder 'family deliverance contractors' are everywhere with their trade now! The assessment of Jesus over the situation in our reading today is that some misfortunes come in order to make manifest the works of God.

Jesus referred to Himself as the light of the world in verse 5. He also declared His children as the light of the world in Matthew 5:14. Therefore as Christians, God has called us to be agents of light as we discern situations and surrender ourselves to be used to make His works manifest and bring glory to His name. While we live and are strong, we must make ourselves available for God's work because a time will definitely come when we will not be able to do so anymore.

Are you filled with strength and grace? Do you have access to material blessings? Is there any particular virtue that God has blessed you with? God is telling you that these are only momentary, hence you must see now as an opportunity to stand up for Him and let His works be made manifest through your hands.

Lord, help me to be available for Your use and may Your works be made manifest through my service in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all of your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”_ *(1 Peter 5:6-7)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:31am On Sep 10, 2021
Date: 2021-09-10

✝️�TOPIC: STANDING FOR JESUS

✝️�TEXT: John 9:13-27(NKJV)

13. They brought him who formerly was blind to the Pharisees.
14. Now it was a Sabbath when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes.
15. Then the Pharisees also asked him again how he had received his sight. He said to them, "He put clay on my eyes, and I washed, and I see."
16. Therefore some of the Pharisees said, "This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath." Others said, "How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?" And there was a division among them.
17. They said to the blind man again, "What do you say about Him because He opened your eyes?" He said, "He is a prophet."
18. But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind and received his sight, until they called the parents of him who had received his sight.
19. And they asked them, saying, "Is this your son, who you say was born blind? How then does he now see?"
20. His parents answered them and said, "We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind;
21. "but by what means he now sees we do not know, or who opened his eyes we do not know. He is of age; ask him. He will speak for himself."
22. His parents said these [things] because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed [that] He [was] Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue.
23. Therefore his parents said, "He is of age; ask him."
24. So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, "Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner."
25. He answered and said, "Whether He is a sinner [or not] I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see."
26. Then they said to him again, "What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?"
27. He answered them, "I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear [it] again? Do you also want to become His disciples?"

✝️�STUDY:

The man who was healed of his blindness became an enigma to the Pharisees - his boldness could not be cowed. He declared without fear that he was blind and could now see, irrespective of their feelings. When they enquired further, all in a bid to discredit Jesus, this man asked them an important question, "will you also be His disciples? It was not so for his parents. Simply because it had been decided that anybody who identified with Jesus would be sent away from the synagogue, they decided not to join their son in declaring God's glory.
Jesus said that anybody who denies him before men, He will also deny before His father in heaven (Matt. 10:33). What has He done for you? How has He saved you from the dungeon of sin and destruction? It is His expectation that you will move among men and declare His salvation through evangelism.
The young man in our story today is a worthy example to emulate. Some people who were in the dark and have been saved by Jesus, find it very difficult to declare His glory in the open and be used to lead other people to Him. This attitude might be because they are afraid of losing jobs or friendships.

✝️��PRAYER:
Grant me boldness, O Lord, to declare Your salvation before men in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 11TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* WORSHIPPING GOD IN IGNORANCE AND
DISOBEDIENCE DESTROYS
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 9: 28-41 *(NIV)*

28. Then they hurled insults at him and said, "You are this fellow's disciple! We are disciples of Moses!
29. We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don't even know where he comes from."
30. The man answered, "Now that is remarkable! You don't know where he comes from, yet he opened my eyes.
31. We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.
32. Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind.
33. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing."
34. To this they replied, "You were steeped in sin at birth; how dare you lecture us!" And they threw him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"
36. "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."
37. Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."
38. Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshipped him.
39. Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40. Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
41. Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

The healing of a man born blind by Jesus sparked off questions from the Jews due to unbelief and ignorance. In today's reading, the Jews expressed their ignorance and blindness of where the great Healer- Jesus came from. No wonder they had no regard for Him nor obeyed Him. To the healed man, this was a marvel. To worship God with zeal, yet without knowledge of Him, is very destructive and dangerous. Spiritually, anyone who does this is blind and dangles in unbelief- his guilt remains! To believe in God goes with a genuine worship of the same God. This worship is based on doing God's words. "If anyone is a worshipper of God and does His will, God listens to him" (Jn. 9:31). Jesus made it clear to the Samaritan woman that the Jews worshipped what they did not know. This is the problem of many today.

It still remains a marvel today that many worship God under God's anger due to their deliberate disobedience. Deliberate disobedience will bring the execution of definite destruction. Simply obey and strictly apply God's words, then will you worship God in the beauty of His holiness, in spirit and truth (1 Sam. 15:22). Obedience is better than sacrifice; rebellion is as sin of divination. Be a true worshipper of God with good deeds. This is the kind of worship that goes with the fear of God.

Help us, O God, to keep and obey Your words and to press on to know You more in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed – always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.”_ *(2 Corinthians 4: 7-11)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Date: 2021-09-12

✝️�TOPIC: WHAT'S YOUR ATTITUDE TO WEALTH?

✝️�TEXT: Luke 16:19-31(NKJV)

19. " There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
20. "But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21. "desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
23. "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
25. "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
26. 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
27. "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house,
28. 'for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
29. "Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
30. "And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
31. "But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

✝️�STUDY:

Jesus told the story of the rich man and poor beggar, not because he was against the wealth of the rich man, neither was he encouraging laziness, but to address our attitude towards our environment and neighbourhood. Several people see wealth or prosperity as a proof of personal righteousness and good standing with God. The rich man in our text did not go to hell fire because of his wealth but rather his lifestyle, selfishness and lack of empathy; he did not care for the beggar. Lazarus did not go to heaven because he was poor, but Jesus chose this parable to appeal to our conscience and teach us to do what is right with our wealth or position. There are lots of Lazaruses around and looking up to us for support.
What is your attitude towards your money and possession? Do you intentionally and selfishly hoard resources or do you help people around you. Psalm 41:1-3 says: "Blessed is he who has regards for the weak (poor), the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. " The Lord will protect him and preserve his life, He will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.

✝️��PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, please forgive my oversight of those I am to help. Give me grace to continue to do the needful in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Sep 13, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 13TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* THE POWER OF GOD FOR SALVATION
*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 1: 1-17 *(NIV)*

1. Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God--
2. the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
3. regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,
4. and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
5. Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.
6. And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
7. To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.
9. God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you
10. in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong--
12. that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
13. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14. I am bound both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.
15. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are at Rome.
16. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
17. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

In our reading today, Paul made it clear that the gospel is the power of God for salvation. Humanity must know this. Salvation of a soul is very crucial to God-it's the heartbeat of God - in fact, the greatest miracle! Preaching in any other religion cannot save any soul. The gospel of the resurrected Jesus Christ only, can save; the only name that saves is Jesus (Acts 4: 12).

The power of salvation produces the new birth, impacts grace, establishes one in the Faith, generates faith, sets one free from bondage of Satan, nourishes spiritual life, cleanses the church, searches the heart, makes one a partaker of Christ, impacts immortality, brings peace and gives protection as well as fullness of blessings. This is the power to walk in power. We must not associate ourselves with the power of darkness. We, therefore, must not be ashamed of the gospel, for in it, the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith. It pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe - Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:21-24).

O God, help me to preach the Gospel in season and out of season in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You. Deliver me from all my transgressions.”_ *(Psalm 39:7)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:37am On Sep 14, 2021
Date: 2021-09-14
(Holy Cross Day)

✝️�TOPIC: IF I AM LIFTED UP

✝️�TEXT: John 12:31-36(NKJV)

31. Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
32. And I, (B)if I am [a]lifted up from the earth, will draw (C)all peoples to Myself.”
33. (D)This He said, signifying by what death He would die.
34. The people answered Him, (E)“We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?”
35. Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer (F)the light is with you. (G)Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; (H)he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.
36. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become (I)sons of light.” These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and (J)was hidden from them.

✝️�STUDY:

In today's reading, Jesus told the Jews " _And I, when I am Lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself_ (Jn. 12:32). The kind of death He was to die is revealed in this statement. The cross in the New Testament was a Symbol of shame and humiliation. Rome used it as an instrument of torture and execution, reserved for the worst and the lowest. This was the death Jesus died. He endured the cross, despising the shame " _even death on a cross_ "(Phil. 2:cool.
Theologically, the word "cross" stands for the gospel of salvation; Jesus died for our sins and resurrected. The preaching of salvation; the gospel is the word of the cross - the preaching of Christ crucified! The word of the cross is also the word of reconciliation. It is by the blood of His cross that God made peace. We must carry our own cross daily to follow Christ, well-prepared to despise any
shame, endure hardship and suffering of any kind and still
persevere to the end!
Jesus is the light and for us to walk in the light, like Paul, we must be crucified with Him, so that Christ lives in us. Then shall we be lifted up with Him in the rapture of the saints (1 Thess. 4:17).

✝️��PRAYER:
Dear Lord, help me to live a crucified life with Jesus so that I will be lifted up with You in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Sep 15, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* ARE YOU WICKED?
*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 1: 18-31 *(NIV)*

18. The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
19. since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
23. and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
25. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is for ever praised. Amen.
26. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
27. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28. Furthermore, since they did not think it worth while to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
29. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
30. slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;
31. they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

God will never lower His standards because of any person. In fact, the faithlessness of men will never make void the faithfulness of God. In today's reading, Paul explicitly declared the actions of the wicked. By their wickedness, they suppress the truth deliberately; they hold the truth in unrighteousness. God made His invisible nature and power plain to them through things He created but they refused to honour God - they preferred to be futile, senseless and darkened fools. Instead of the Creator, they worship creatures. Are you wicked, despite your position in the Church? By their fruits, we shall know them, not by their earthly titles! Some women in the church now exchange natural relations for unnatural; not only as lesbians clamouring for same- sex marriage but in their dressing; nudity reigns. Compare many women in the church today with artificial beauty and makeup and the holy women in the Bible with their natural God-given beauty, without any form of makeup and attachment. Even men are not excluded (Rom. 1:26).

Their reprobate minds led them to improper conduct; covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, gossip, lies,
heartless invention of evil, disobedience, etc. There is no peace for the wicked whatever a man sows, that he will reap. Repent or likewise, you will perish (Luke 13:5).

God in Your mercy, deliver me from wicked actions in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him …”_ *(Psalm 37:4-7)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:40am On Sep 16, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 16TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* GOD, OUR RIGHTEOUS JUDGE
*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 2: 1-16 *(NIV)*

1. You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
2. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.
3. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?
4. Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realising that God's kindness leads you towards repentance?
5. But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
6. God "will give to each person according to what he has done".
7. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honour and immortality, he will give eternal life.
8. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
9. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;
10. but glory, honour and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
11. For God does not show favouritism.
12. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
13. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
14. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,
15. since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)
16. This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

In earthly judgment, anything goes; the unusual can happen, judgment can be lopsided and turned upside down in favour of the wicked. Here, the wrong doer can be acquitted and discharged while the innocent person is condemned. However, when one passes judgment on another but commits the same offence, that person also condemns himself or herself, because such will not escape the judgment of God. We must not forget that God will judge us according to our works and deeds. The secrets of men will also be judged. God, the righteous judge, shows no partiality and is not a Respecter of any person in His judgment.

To those who are factious and do not obey the truth, but obey wickedness, there will be wrath, fury, tribulation and distress but glory and rewards for the righteous. God's standard judgment will be based on His words (John 12:48). Doers of the law will be justified.

Let us fear and tremble before God, for God Himself has the final say in His judgment - no appeal to another, no excuses! We cannot do anything against the truth.

Father, help me to be a doer of Your words so that Your judgment will not condemn and consume me in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_“Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.”_ *(Psalm 125:1)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 17TH SEPTEMBER, 2021 *THEME:* BE DOERS OF THE WORD
*BIBLE READING:* ROMANS 2: 17-29 *(NIV)*

17. Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God;
18. if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law;
19. if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark,
20. an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth--
21. you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal?
22. You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23. You who brag about the law, do you dishonour God by breaking the law?
24. As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."
25. Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.
26. If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised?
27. The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a law-breaker.
28. A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.
29. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

The rules and principles that guide our earthly existence are documented in the Word of God. To examine ourselves, we must pass our earthly problems through the scrutiny of God's words. And most times when we do this, we find out that we are suffering the consequences of disobeying the commandments of God. For one to be a guide to the blind, one must not be blind also. A light to those who are in darkness must not be darkness itself. One mocks himself to preach against stealing yet steals, preach against adultery yet lives like a dog in adultery, preach against lies and yet is a blatant liar!

To boast of the Law and still break the same Law is wickedness, to call upon the name of God but refuse to depart from iniquity is both an insult to God and an abomination! These are the deeds of God's blasphemers Circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law and keep the precepts of the law. True worshippers of God are simply those who keep the laws of God. Let us be doers of the word, replica of the word and written epistles, not jokers and noise makers in the house of God!

God, please help me to be a doer of Your words in Jesus name. *Amen.*

_“He trusted in the Lord God of Israel … For he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments … The Lord was with him; he prospered wherever he went.”_ *(2 Kings 18:5-7)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2021
Date: 2021-09-18

✝️�TOPIC: SERVE GOD FAITHFULLY

✝️�TEXT: Romans 3:1-8(NKJV)

1. What advantage then has the Jew, or what [is] the profit of circumcision?
2. Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.
3. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
4. Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."
5. But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? [Is] God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.)
6. Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?
7. For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
8. And [why] not [say,] "Let us do evil that good may come"? -- as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.

✝️�STUDY:

Old and New Testament saints served God in faithfulness. Today, we sit where they sat, entrusted with the oracles of God! God demands the same faithfulness from us. We cannot do otherwise. A faithless wife is a big disgrace to her husband and parents. A person can be in the church and still remain a spiritual vagabond and spiritual bastard - disconnected from God because of the neglect of God's words. Nonetheless, we must know this: A person's
faithlessness will never nullify the faithfulness of God.
God remains truthful though every man be false, for He is justified in His words. " _If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself_ " (2 Tim. 2:13). Daniel was a faithful servant. Moses was faithful in all God's house. They were people of like passion like us. So, let us emulate them and be faithful. God will reward faithfulness, _'... well done, good and faithful servant'_ (Matt. 25:23). Great is the faithfulness of God!

✝️��PRAYER:
God, please help me to be faithful in all things in your house in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2021
Date: 2021-09-19

✝️�TOPIC: THE FIRST AND GREAT COMMANDMENT

✝️�TEXT: Matthew 22:34-40(NKJV)

34. But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.
35. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked [Him a question,] testing Him, and saying,
36. "Teacher, which [is] the great commandment in the law?"
37. Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
38. "This is [the] first and great commandment.
39. "And [the] second [is] like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
40. "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

✝️�STUDY:

The Pharisees should have been delighted with Jesus' answer to their greatest enemy, the Sadducees, but they were not, hence one or them versed in the law came testing Jesus' attitude to the law. This is because the Pharisees had classified over six hundred (600) laws, and since it was too hard to obey all the laws, they tried to distinguish the more relevant ones from the irrelevant, hence the question. _"Teacher which is the great commandment in the law?"_
Then the reply from Jesus, which was the summary of the first part of the law - to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment (Deut. 6:5). Jesus' response was apt, profound and exceedingly powerful, for He took the expert in law from the area of achievement - which he may have credentials of fulfilment; to that of attitude - where he cannot boast of fulfilment.
Nobody has ever loved God with all his being, so nobody by strength, can fulfil this commandment, hence no one can have eternal life or have a place in the kingdom by personal effort. We are saved by grace. If we are to have a place in the kingdom of God, it will be due to the unmerited grace of God for sinners who could never make it by themselves.

✝️��PRAYER:
Gracious father, help me to understand that I cannot make
it on my own strength. Help me to rely on Your grace in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by hucknall: 8:20am On Sep 19, 2021
No one can become righteous by his might
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:34am On Sep 20, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE*
*CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)*
DATE: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2021
*TOPIC: THE SINFUL MAN*
READ: ROMANS 3:9-20 (NKJV)

9. What then? Are we better [than they?] Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10. As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
11. There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
12. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."
13. "Their throat [is] an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit"; "The poison of asps [is] under their lips";
14. "Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness."
15. "Their feet [are] swift to shed blood;
16. Destruction and misery [are] in their ways;
17. And the way of peace they have not known."
18. "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
19. Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

*THE MESSAGE:*

In today's reading, Paul made it clear that both Jews and Gentiles are under the power of sin; none is righteous, no one seeks for God, no one does good - with tongues they deceive, full of curses and bitterness, shed blood, no fear of God, know no peace and in their paths, are ruined and in misery. Sin puts people in bondage and chains. However, shall we continue in sins that grace may abound? God forbid! Jesus, the bondage breaker, is the answer for total liberation!

The death of Jesus on the Cross, His resurrection and power in His Blood, broke forever the power of sins for our total victory. Through death, He destroyed him who has the power of death, that is, the devil (Hebrews 2:14-15); of course, the sting of death is sin. Urgently needed is a personal encounter with Jesus Christ for one to have experience of salvation and be born again with a transformed
life! Believe in Him with all your heart and receive Him sincerely. He will give you power to be His Child, the same power will help you to overcome evil. This is the power that destroyed the power of sin. Let he that calls upon the name of the Lord depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19).

*PRAYER:* Dear God, help me to be holy by departing from iniquity in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2021 _*{St. Matthew's Day}*_ *THEME:* SAINT MATTHEW THE APOSTLE
*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 9: 1-31 *(NIV)*

1. So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city.
2. Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you."
3. And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, "This Man blasphemes!"
4. But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?
5. "For which is easier, to say, '[Your] sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise and walk'?
6. "But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins" -- then He said to the paralytic, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."
7. And he arose and departed to his house.
8. Now when the multitudes saw [it,] they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men.
9. As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
10. Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, [that] behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.
11. And when the Pharisees saw [it,] they said to His disciples, "Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
12. When Jesus heard [that,] He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
13. "But go and learn what [this] means: 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
14. Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, "Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?"
15. And Jesus said to them, "Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.
16. "No one puts a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse.
17. "Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."
18. While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, "My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live."
19. So Jesus arose and followed him, and so [did] His disciples.
20. And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment.
21. For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well."
22. But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour.
23. When Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd wailing,
24. He said to them, "Make room, for the girl is not dead, but sleeping." And they ridiculed Him.
25. But when the crowd was put outside, He went in and took her by the hand, and the girl arose.
26. And the report of this went out into all that land.
27. When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, "Son of David, have mercy on us!"
28. And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord."
29. Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you."
30. And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, saying, "See [that] no one knows [it."]
31. But when they had departed, they spread the news about Him in all that country.

Matthew was a Jew who worked for the occupying Roman forces, collecting taxes from other Jews. The Romans were not scrupulous about what the "tax farmers" got for themselves. Hence, the latter, known as "publicans," were generally hated as traitors by their fellow Jews. So it was shocking to them to hear Jesus call such a man to be one of His intimate followers. The Pharisees asked: What business did the supposedly great teacher have associating with such immoral people? Jesus' answer was, "Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do."

Matthew's call reminds that we need to prayerfully discern and identify our talents and gifts. Jesus recognised the talents that were present in Matthew that others could not discern. Seeing Matthew in the role of customs officer / tax collector, no one recognised his potential for service to the early church. But Jesus did. More so, all the events in the passage seem to be to the advantage of those called the Gentiles, signifying that God accepts all. Of course, Jesus loves and died for all! We need to ask God in prayer for the grace to recognise talents and potentials for an openness that does not prejudge people.

Lord, grant me grace to recognise talents and potentials in me and in others. Help me to put them to use especially as it concerns the winning of souls for Your kingdom. *Amen.*

_“… if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you have heard …”_ *(Colossians 1:23)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Date: 2021-09-22

✝️�TOPIC: OUR REDEMPTION IS FREE

✝️�TEXT: Romans 3:21-31(NKJV)

21. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22. even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24. being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25. whom God set forth [as] a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26. to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27. Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
29. Or [is He] the God of the Jews only? [Is He] not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
30. since [there is] one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
31. Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

✝️�STUDY:

God set in order the redemption of man and the only thing required is faith - believe! Redemption is for everyone irrespective of tribe, race, gender or age. It is free, yes salvation is free! Man is justified freely by God's grace through the redemption in Christ which can be appropriated by faith.
All have sinned, yes all! And we bring absolutely nothing to our salvation. It is by grace, that is to say that nothing we did qualified or earned us justification! By dying on the cross, Jesus shed his blood to appease God for the sin of man through Adam and also as the ransom (the full payment) for the sin of the world. We are now not debtors but free and adjudged righteous because of what Christ did! This is the crux of the gospel as set in order by God. Only this truth applied through faith in Christ Jesus can set anyone free from sin and condemnation unto life in Christ and eternal life hereafter. So receive Jesus by believing. He died for your redemption.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, I come to you believing and confessing Your salvation through my Lord Jesus Christ. Let all who do not know this truth come to the knowledge and be set free indeed from the bondage of sin and hell, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:04am On Sep 24, 2021
Date: 2021-09-24

✝️�TOPIC: BELIEVE AND SEE

✝️�TEXT: Romans 4:13-25(NKJV)

13. For the promise that he would be the heir of the world [was] not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14. For if those who are of the law [are] heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
15. because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law [there is] no transgression.
16. Therefore [it is] of faith that [it might be] according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
17. (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations"wink in the presence of Him whom he believed -- God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
18. who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be."
19. And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb.
20. He did not waver orruptible man -- and birds and belief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
21. and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
22. And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness."
23. Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him,
24. but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25. who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

✝️�STUDY:

Faith opens the door of grace. Abraham received the righteousness that came through his resolute faith - and he staggered not and did not consider the working of his flesh which was dead - and believed God to make alive his dead body. He received the promise! This opens the door to anyone who walks by faith. Faith in God's healing power releases the grace for health; faith in Christ's death and resurrection releases the grace to obtain forgiveness and justification respectively while faith in God's provision releases the grace for abundance!
How often we speak of faith without actually demonstrating our faith. Faith most times is not logical, reasonable, natural nor understandable by natural minds. When Jesus asked the cripple to rise up and walk, someone would have thought, 'doesn't he see that the man is crippled?' Faith gives us access to God's unlimited resources for life and godliness. We must come believing that He is able to do what He says He will do. In the midst of the barrage of life's challenges, our anchor should hold strong on Christ both for our sustenance and eternal bliss. Grace is abundant, just keep on believing and acting on the word of God and you will see.

✝️��PRAYER:
Lord, I put my trust in You. I'm healed, restored, forgiven and blessed. I depend on the Lord Jesus not on my righteousness.
Help my faith to be strong. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2021

�DATE: 26TH SEPTEMBER 2021

✝️�TOPIC: WE SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT

✝️�TEXT: Matthew 25:14-30(NKJV)
14. ” For [the kingdom of heaven is] like a man traveling to a far country, [who] called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15. “And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16. “Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17. “And likewise he who [had received] two gained two more also
18. “But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money.
19. “After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20. “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’
21. “His lord said to him, ‘Well [done,] good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
22. “He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’
23. “His lord said to him ‘Well [done,] good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
24. “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25. ‘And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, [there] you have [what is] yours.’
26. “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27. ‘So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28. ‘Therefore take the talent from him, and give [it] to him who has ten talents.
29. ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30. ‘And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

✝️�STUDY:

From our text today, the Master has grouped his servants into three categories and given each servant talents to trade for him in his absence. This refers to the responsibilities the Lord gives his people in the light of their abilities and opportunities.

No one receives more or less than he can handle. If anyone fails in this assignment, his excuse could not be that he was overwhelmed, rather it is because of laziness or lack of interest. The talents represent the resources we are given including time, gifts, opportunities, capacities, given connections, etc., according to our abilities, and until He returns, God expects us to invest them wisely for possible profit in serving Him and humanity. Hence, if we abandon them due to laziness and lack of interest or possibly persecution, we risk hearing, “depart from me, you wicked and lazy servant!”

God relies on us in the use of these talents and we should not disappoint Him. He will return to measure our faithfulness to Him. The first two servants received commendations from their master but the third servant received condemnation because he never put his talent to work. Put your talent to work today, no matter how small or big- there is a reward!

✝️��PRAYER:
Our father and my God, give me grace and opportunity to put to work Your investment upon my life in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

NOTE: We now have 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN*
DATE: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
*TOPIC: THE GOSPEL WE BELIEVE*
READ: ROMANS 5:12-21 (NKJV)

12. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned --
13. (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
15. But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
16. And the gift [is] not like [that which came] through the one who sinned. For the judgment [which came] from one [offense resulted] in condemnation, but the free gift [which came] from many offenses [resulted] in justification.
17. For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
18. Therefore, as through one man's offense [judgment] came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act [the free gift came] to all men, resulting in justification of life.
19. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
20. Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
21. so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now we rejoice and will never be ashamed of such grace which we receive through faith in God's promises by Christ Jesus. Sin had reigned unto death because of Adam's disobedience but now grace reigns unto eternal life through Jesus' obedience.

Through the offence of one Adam, judgment came upon all men and many died. We were miserable, without hope even when we knew not the sin of Adam. So also shall abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in our lives by one - Jesus Christ! We must come to terms with this truth that we were meant to perish, yes every one of us but for Jesus' gift.

O what a graciousness that comes not because we tried to make it right (for we would never have been able since we were already condemned), but because we have put our trust on Him who made it right so that believing in Him, we are counted righteous for His sake! This is the Gospel - believe and be saved, look to Jesus and live! This, we must proclaim unashamedly!

*PRAYER:* Lord Jesus, You saved me so freely that I sometimes wonder how Yet truly I am saved and saved indeed. Help me to share this truth without compromise. Amen.

NOTE: We now have 50% PROMO DISCOUNT ON our Properties Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND RELIABLE
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Sep 28, 2021

�Date: 2021-09-28

✝️�TOPIC: FREED FROM A LIFE OF SIN

✝️�TEXT: Romans 6:1-14 (NKJV)

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2. Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
3. Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
4. Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be [in the likeness] of [His] resurrection,
6. knowing this, that our old man was crucified with [Him,] that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7. For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9. knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10. For [the death] that He died, He died to sin once for all; but [the life] that He lives, He lives to God.
11. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
13. And do not present your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness to God.
14. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

✝️�STUDY:

If the dead be deadly, the sinner sinful, then those who are alive in Christ should live like Christ. There is no controversy about the Christian way of life. When we were in sin, we were miserable, sinful, condemned and under the influence of the nature of sin. So it was natural for us to use and submit ourselves as instruments of unrighteousness. If then we died to sin just as Jesus died), and are raised with Him unto righteousness, ought not our lives to show that sin has no dominion over us? If we truly are regenerated by grace when we believed, then there is a new life we ought to live.
Therefore, it is important to note that the grace that saved us is effective to keep us from sin. We must be alive unto God – nothing less is required! The teaching that removes living like Christ from the work of grace is a heresy.

Anyone who continually lives in sin even after believing, will surely die. Our salvation is to be like Jesus and having Him as our Lord- Master over all our actions within and without, visible and invisible. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, henceforth, we should not serve sin. We must willingly submit daily to Jesus’ rulership and follow Him unto every good works here on earth and hereafter in eternal life.

✝️��PRAYER:
O Lord, give me boldness to speak the Gospel, live the Gospel and teach the Gospel. Let heresies be overthrown by my life and words and deeds. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:13am On Sep 29, 2021
✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

�DATE: 29 -09 - 2021

✝️�TOPIC: THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 18:1 -10(NKJV)

1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2. Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3. and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4. "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5. "Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
6. " But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7. "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8. "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9. "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
10. " Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

✝️�STUDY:

Jesus, in response to the question raised by His disciples about who was the greatest in the kingdom, emphasized that to attain greatness in the kingdom of the father, one has to adopt the humble attitude of a child.

A child humbly lives a life of dependence on parents and those who love and care for him. If men would depend on God, a new strength and a new peace would enter their lives. A child also lives a life of trust as he trusts his parents that his needs will be met. A child is easily entreated and forgives easily.

Hence, the greatest in the kingdom is one with virtues of patience, humility, submission, service, love and trust in God. For instance, a heart of humility does not argue and fight against one another but instead would rather allow the other person to win the argument.

Humble people do not gossip about others because it is sinful. Humble people do not respond negatively when they are mistreated because they know that persecution leads to spiritual maturity. A heart headed for the Kingdom of God is always willing to repent and be humble. This, we must learn and live by.

✝️��PRAYER:

Lord, let this mind that is in Christ also be in me. Teach me to live in sincerity, humility, love, trust, forgiveness and service to You and mankind. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN*
DATE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
*TOPIC: THE SEALING OF GOD'S SERVANTS*
READ: REVELATION 7:1-8 (NKJV)

1. After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.
2. Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
3. saying, "Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."
4. And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred [and] forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel [were] sealed:
5. of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand [were] sealed;
6. of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand [were] sealed;
7. of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand [were] sealed;
8. of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand [were] sealed.

*THE MESSAGE*

The book - Revelation - is easily misunderstood and misinterpreted because it contains imageries which are best understood by those to whom it was originally addressed to. However, the book testifies of Jesus and the intents for imminent Christian life and future hope for believers.

Our text opens with four angels at the four corners of the earth and a fifth stopping what looks like an imminent scourge upon all earth until the forehead of the servants of God are sealed. One thing is very clear - God will separate His servants by that seal. In other words, it is possible that the tares and the seed may grow together but a time comes for separation and this will be done by God Himself.

Life outside Christ or without Christ as Lord and Saviour is dangerous and deadly (2 Timothy 2:19-22). Paul emphasized that anyone who is of God will get a seal which demands that we depart from iniquity. To serve God demands purity from the contaminations of sin and the world. God seals us with the Holy Spirit at our salvation and every sealed servant of God is sanctified or set apart for the service of the Master. Every sealed servant of God demonstrates the seal by bearing good fruit. There is a day of reckoning for all mortals, a day God will judge the actions of every man only sealed servants of Christ who were used by the Master will be safe for all eternity.

Have you surrendered your life to the Master to receive the seal of the Holy Spirit? The acceptable time is now. Accept Jesus now, make peace with Him and receive the seal of the Holy Spirit.

*PRAYER:* Lord Jesus, I accept You now as my Saviour and Lord forever in Jesus's Name. Please help me to keep faith and not fail You. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2021
✝�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

�Date: 2021-10-01
����(61st Anniversary of Nigeria's Independence)

✝�TOPIC: VICTORY FOR THE SAINTS

�TEXT: Revelation 7:9-14(NKJV)
9. After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
10. and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation [belongs] to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
11. All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
12. saying: "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, [Be] to our God forever and ever. Amen."
13. Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?"
14. And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

✝�STUDY:

Today is the 61st "anniversary of Nigeria's�� Independence. Christians in Nigeria especially in the Middle belt and Northern Nigeria have been going through tribulations. Today's reading is a great encouragement to the Church.

God opened the eyes of John the beloved to see into the spiritual realm of the comfort of God's children who were killed for their faith.

They were clothed in white robes (their sins washed with the blood of the Lamb, Jesus) with palms in their hands, signifying great joy(Neh.8:17). Note their song "...Salvation to our God...., and unto the Lamb. "Here, we are shown how God brought about salvation.

It is through what Jesus did at the Cross, and through that means alone. So let us be encouraged. If you have lost a loved one, be encouraged. If your church has been burnt, don't worry again. If you are in the IDP camp, it is well. Jesus our Saviour shall feed us, quench our thirst, provide us a perfect environment, lead us into living fountains of water and wipe away all our tears, Alleluia!

✝� PRAYER: Thank you Jesus for the great hope before us. Strengthen
our hearts to remain faithful to the end. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN*
DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 02, 2021
*TOPIC: PRAYER OF THE SAINTS*
READ: REVELATIONS 8:1-5 (NKJV)

1. When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2. And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.
3. Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel's hand.
5. Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw [it] to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.

Jesus encouraged us to pray without fainting (Luke 18:1); our prayers are not in vain. In the passage we read, we saw an Angel holding a golden censer, with much incense, to offer it with the prayer of the saints before the throne of God. This incense can be said to represent the perfection, merit and virtuc of the life of Christ, everything speaks of Christ, and more particularly of what He did at the Cross.

The prayer of the saints (believers) is precious in the sight of God, though it may not be perfect. Added to our prayers must be the incense, which is a type of the sweet savour of the merit of the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. No matter what your experience has been, what you are currently passing through, if you are a child of God, be strong in prayer, do not faint; pray in the name of Jesus. Knowing our prayers come "up before God,' (verse 4) if we pray according to His will, should inspire us to a greater life of prayer. Pray and relax: There is judgment coming upon this evil world (verse 5)

*PRAYER:* O Lord, strengthen me to a greater life of prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / What Have You Suffered For Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 279
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.