Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8530 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Feb 04, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 4, 2020

✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-02-04

✝️�TOPIC: FISHERS OF MEN

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 4:18 - 22 (NKJV)

18. And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
19. Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
20. They immediately left [their] nets and followed Him.
21. Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James [the son] of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them,
22. and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.

✝️�STUDY

Matthew narrated how Jesus called His first four disciples who were all fishermen - He commanded them to leave their job of fishing and follow lim. They never argued or asked to consult family members before answering the call of the Master. They obeyed immediately. He informed them they were going for a higher task - fishing for men. Jesus knew that their skill of fishing can come in handy in fishing for the souls of men. Their choice of answering the call is manifest today: People are eager to give their children the names of these disciples. Monuments and memorials like Churches are also named after them.

No matter your profession, we are all called to be fishers of men, either on full or part time basis (Mark 16:15). Have you been in between two opinions to decide if to answer the call of the Master or not? Jesus is still waiting for you. If you do not answer the call fast, He will replace you with a willing vessel because the Master's business must go on. Jesus never calls lazy people. He looks for those who are very busy and gives them more challenging tasks. What are you still waiting for? Answer the call now and you will Never regret it.

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, may you help me to make up my mind to answer your
call to be a fisher of men.

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:29am On Feb 05, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 5TH FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* THE GREAT PHYSICIAN

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 4: 23-25 *(NIV)*

23. Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
24. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralysed, and he healed them.
25. Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.

In our passage today, Jesus is seen teaching in the synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing all manner of sicknesses and diseases freely. His fame went round and people were coming from various places to meet Him. Nobody went back disappointed. Psalm 103:3b states that He is the one that heals all our diseases. We notice here that while Jesus was teaching and preaching, also healed the sick. He ministered to the total man, healing both the soul and the body.

Anyone that Jesus does not heal, cannot be healed by all the best medical consultants in the world joined together. What we need is simple faith in the Lord. What type of ailment are you suffering from? Are you ready to trust Jesus today to heal you? You may have spent fortunes like the woman with the issue of blood to seek for healing with no positive result; the Master healer is here today! May you receive your healing now! As a vessel of the Lord, let Jesus be your example in ministering both to the soul and body. If you have deviated, please make amends today.

*PRAYER:*
The Great Physician, I Surrender myself to You; may You heal my soul and my body today. *Amen*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_“To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”_ *(Revelation 3:21)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:14am On Feb 08, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 8, 2021 - THE REV. CANON RAPHEAL O. ADEYANJU

Date: 2021-02-08

✝️�TOPIC: BEING LIGHT AND SALT

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 5:13-16 (NKJV)

13. " You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14. "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15. "Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all [who are] in the house.
16. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

✝️�STUDY

Some days ago, we read of Jesus as the Great Light. IN today's reading, Jesus calls His followers the light of the world. The same way Jesus shows the way in darkness is the same way He desires all believers to do in the world. He made believers to know that as a city set on a hill, their light cannot be hidden. As believers abide in Jesus,
the light of Jesus rubs off on them and is reflected to all around them. Jesus stated also that believers are the salt of the earth. As salt, they are to season things and ensure sweetness.

Being light and salt are big responsibilities from the Lord Jesus and we cannot fulfil this mandate all by our own effort. He that called us will perfect it if we are willing to follow His examples and guidance. As light, are you shining in that little corner of yours'? Are the powers of darkness aware that light is around? As salt, how many lives have you sweetened? Are you waiting to be declared
useless and trampled upon? May we ask the Lord Jesus to energise us to live up to these big responsibilities!

✝️� PRAYER: On my own. I cannot shine as light, or season like a good
salt, may you, dear Lord, help me. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:58am On Feb 09, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 9, 2021

✝️� DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-02-09

✝️�TOPIC: FULFILLING THE LAW

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 5:17-20 (NKJV)

17. " Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18. "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19. "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [them,] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20. "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

✝️�STUDY

Jesus stated clearly that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets but to fulfil them. During the Transfiguration of Jesus in Matthew 17, Moses represented the Law while Elijah represented the Prophets. God showed that power had changed hands when He declared at the mount, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him " (Matt. 17:5). Hebrew 1:1-2 states that God in the olden times spoke through the prophets but now He has spoken through His Son, Jesus Christ. So, Jesus is the embodiment of the Law and the Prophets. He fulfilled both the Law and the Prophets: there is no controversy on that.

It is not easy keeping the Law. The Scripture states in James 2:10 that if one keeps all the laws and fails in one, he has failed in all. If it was easy to keep the Law, Jesus would not have come. The Law came through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ
(John 1:17). When one accepts Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour. Jesus helps him fulfil the Law. Whoever has Jesus does not need struggle with keeping the Law. Jesus energises him and gives him the grace to fulfil the Law. Are you still struggling with keeping the Law? Jesus is here to your rescue. Invite Him today!

✝️� PRAYER: Oh Lord, us you fulfilled the Law, may you help me to also
do the same. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:06am On Feb 10, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 10TH FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* RECONCILIATION

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 5: 21-26 *(NIV)*

21. " You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
22. "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23. "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24. "leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
25. "Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
26. "Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

While teaching on reconciliation, Jesus stated that when someone brings his gift (offerings, tithe, etc.), to the altar and remembers that his brother has something against him, he should leave the gift there and go reconcile with his brother first. Thereafter, he should return and offer his gift. Jesus also taught that to avoid judgment, one should reconcile with an accuser while still on the way to the law court.

It is easier to quarrel than to reconcile because human ego plays as negative role. One starts to consider who the guilty party was. One starts to struggle within one who should first say sorry. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He desires His children to always make peace even if they are wronged. Joseph showed that to his brothers. Despite the great offence to him in their selling him to slavery, he still forgave and reconciled with them. Even when his brothers entertained fear that Joseph would retaliate after the death of their father, he re-assured them of his total forgiveness. Who do you feel has offended you? Please take the advice of Jesus today - drop your gift at the altar and go and reconcile with that person. Then, you will be the child of your heavenly father (Matt. 6:45a).

Lord Jesus, may You give me the spirit of reconciling with those I have offended or who have offended me.

_“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!”_ *(Psalm 27:13-14)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:18am On Feb 11, 2021
Date: 2021-02-11

✝️�TOPIC: ADULTERY IN THE HEART

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 5:27-32 (NKJV)

27. " You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28. "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29. "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30. "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31. " Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32. "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

✝️�STUDY

Jesus taught a deeper truth than what was known: He redefined fornication and adultery. Ordinarily, each of the two involves physical contact but Jesus made his listeners to understand that if you look at a woman lustfully, you have already committed adultery with her in your heart. All sins are first manufactured in the heart before execution. So, thinking about adultery is equivalent to carrying it out. Do not allow adultery in the heart to graduate to a physical one. Sexual sin is done with the body (1 Cor. 6:18).

When someone thinks deeply about any issue, he can carry it out if he has the opportunity. This includes adultery. Many men and women must have committed adultery in their hearts. How shocked your partner could be if they have the opportunity to see what is in your heart. Some men abandon their wives they swore in the church to stick to and look for other men's wives and widows. Same goes for some women. These things start with unchecked lust in the heart. Proverbs 4:23 advises thus, "Keep your heart with all diligence. For out of it spring the issues of life. "Consciously watch the thoughts of your heart only a surrendered heart can be free from sin. Have you surrendered your heart to Jesus? If you have not, please do so now.

✝️� PRAYER: May you help me dear Lord to check my thoughts so they
don't turn into action.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:52am On Feb 12, 2021
Date: 2021-02-12

✝️�TOPIC: SPEAKING THE TRUTH

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 5:33-37 (NKJV)

33. " Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34. "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35. "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36. "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37. "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

✝️�STUDY

Jesus taught against swearing. He forbids swearing by anything by heaven because it is the throne of God or earth because it is God's footstool. He enjoins us that our yes should be yes and our no, no. Jesus practised the life of transparency throughout His ministry on earth. Samuel stood before all Israelites and their new King, Saul, and asked them to say publicly whom he had defrauded while discharging his duties as a Prophet. The people answered, "no one" (1 Sam. 12:1-4). What a man!

Through swearing, people want to prove their innocence. When we were growing up, to prove we were telling the truth, we would spit on one of our fingers, rub it on the ground, touch our tongue, raise the finger and declare/shout, 'truth to God!' Once you did this, you were discharged and acquitted. Thank God that He did not strike us down because most of us swore in lies. Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6) and when you encounter Him, you will not struggle to tell the truth in any situation. Whenever you encounter others, they will believe whatever you tell them. Even in secular gatherings, believers are usually entrusted with money because of their integrity. Are you among those that tell the truth? Can people believe what you say? Society is looking for truthful persons. May we as Christians, be found by society to be truthful!

✝️� PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to always tell the truth. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:35am On Feb 13, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 13, 2021

Date: 2021-02-13

✝️�TOPIC: BE PERFECT

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 5:38-48 (NKJV)

38. " You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39. "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40. "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have [your] cloak also.
41. "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42. "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43. " You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44. "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45. "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46. "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47. "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more [than others?] Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48. "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

✝️�STUDY

Jesus summarised His lengthy teaching by charging His listeners to be perfect just as their Father in heaven is perfect. He taught things that are not easy by human effort to do: (1) Non-retaliation - no 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'; (ii) Loving your enemies, blessing those who persecute you as against, love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' These are things the Father does which made Him perfect and which we are enjoined to emulate. The Father makes His rain to fall for the righteous and the unrighteous the same way He allows the sun to shine for all. "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us"(Rom. 5:cool.

Being perfect, as our Father, is by the grace of God. Many people aim at perfection in life in various aspects of life. The perfection referred to goes beyond secular activities. We have to live our life beyond the normal level or yardstick of men. We have to live our lives according to God's dictates. Our righteousness must
be above that of the Pharisees. The measurement will only be Christ and not man. Since it is God that demands it from us, it is possible. In whatever you do in the Christian race, strive to be perfect. Jesus' grace is enough: Don't quit!

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Lord, you are perfect, may you help me to be perfect
like you.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 14, 2021

Date: 2021-02-14
(Quinquagesima)

✝️�TOPIC: FOLLOW ME

✝️�TEXT: MARK 2:13-17 (NKJV)

13. Then He went out again by the sea; and all the multitude came to Him, and He taught them.
14. As He passed by, He saw Levi the [son] of Alphaeus sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
15. Now it happened, as He was dining in [Levi's] house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him.
16. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How [is it] that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?"
17. When Jesus heard [it,] He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call [the] righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

✝️�STUDY

Quinquagesima means the fiftieth day to Easter. It is the last Sunday before Lent. May we look forward to that season of solemnity and repentance! In our text today, Jesus met with Levi and said to him, "Follow me. " He arose and followed Him. Levi was a tax collector and many tax collectors and sinners gathered at table with Jesus, He taught them. The Jews look at tax collectors as sinners and never counted them capable of being saved. Jesus has the passion to seek and to save those who are lost (Luke 19:10).

In many societies, people take revenue officers, Police officers, military and paramilitary officers, etc., as those who extort and as sinners. Many religious people point fingers on certain people, while they claim themselves to be followers of Jesus Christ. Jesus stated in John 12:26, "If anyone serves me, let him follow me, and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, my Father will honour him." The call to follow Jesus is apt now.

Have you left all to follow Him? If not, when will you answer this call?

✝️� PRAYER: /Song: I have decided to follow Jesus (3x),
No turning back (2x).

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:06am On Feb 15, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 15, 2021

✝️� *DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
Date: 2021-02-15

✝️�TOPIC: RIGHT MOTIVE IN GIVING

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 6:1-4 (NKJV)

1. "Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2. "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
3. "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4. "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

✝️�STUDY

The passage today introduces a very crucial matter in our life - taking heed or being careful that our giving is to God's glory and not to man's. God in His show of love and compassion gave His Son freely before giving us other things. According to 2Corinthians 8:15 and using the Macedonians as a case study, their circumstances challenges and sufferings notwithstanding, we see five phrases that make giving to God a habit and not a burden: Grace of God abundance of joy. riches of liberality, willingness and determination. Verse 5 states that they first gave themselves to the Lord. That is the secret. You have to give your life first to Christ and it will be easy for you to give what you have to God.

In this our time, many do their charitable deeds to be applauded by people. Jesus admonished that we should not let our left hand know what our right hand is doing while doing charity work. Let your charitable deeds to God, people or the public be done secretly. What is your motive in giving? When you receive reward of applause from men, you will lose the heavenly one. Which do you prefer?

✝️�PRAYER: Lord, give me the understanding to give with the right motive.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:47am On Feb 16, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 16, 2021

Date: 2021-02-16
(Shrove Tuesday)

✝️�TOPIC: PRAYING ARIGHIT

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 6:5-15 (NKJV)

5. " And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
6. "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who [is] in the secret [place;] and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
7. "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen [do.] For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8. "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
9. "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
10. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as [it is] in heaven.
11. Give us this day our daily bread.
12. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.
13. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
14. "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15. "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

✝️�STUDY

On Shrove Tuesday, we prepare ourselves for Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent. Prayer is one of the ways to prepare for any spiritual exercise; it is a heart-to-heart talk with God. This is very clear, especially when it is a personal prayer. You make it secret, private and confidential. In 2 Kings 4:32-35, we can see how Elisha entered into the room and shut the door after himself and the dead boy. He prayed to God and took some actions which could only be done in secret. Faith is the ingredient you cannot rule out in prayer.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 cautions against those of too many repetitive words in prayer. The stress here is on vain repetition what we are saying or praying about is important to God. Rashness and speaking in haste without thinking could put us into trouble with God (Numbers 14:28).

Praying aright will involve first turning away from our sins and being obedient to the Word of God. Matthew 6:9-15 teaches us about "The Lord's Prayer" which is a pattern of prayer. The Prayer has been summarised by some as "ACTS" - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. As the Disciples of Jesus asked Him to teach them to pray, you can ask Him today to also teach you to improve your prayer life.

✝️� PRAYER: Lord, teach me to pray aright whether in secret and in the
open.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:09am On Feb 17, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 17TH FEBRUARY, 2021
_*(Ash Wednesday)*_
*THEME:* FASTING GUIDE

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 6:16-18 *(NIV)*

16. "When you fast, do not look sombre as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
17. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face,
18. so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent and the 40-day fast. Lent is a period when we humble ourselves to seek the face of God. It is a time for mourning, weeping, and solemn assembly. The palm leaves of the last Palm Sunday will be burnt and the ashes used to rub on the forehead to remind us we are dust and ashes. Fasting that is not accompanied with prayer will amount to starving/self- punishment. Fasting, prayer and the word of God, go together. In this passage, Jesus taught salient points on conducts during fasting. Verse 16 warns that fasting should not be done like hypocrites do. Hypocritical fasting portrays pretence and falsehood. It is a show off. People are not meant to wear sad countenances or disfigure their faces to appear to men that they are fasting. Such is hypocrisy and does not give glory to God.

Isaiah 58:3-7 and Matthew 6:17 give us guidelines on proper conduct in fasting. When fasting, brush your teeth, and borrowing a leaf from Ruth 3:3 - '... wash yourself, put on some perfume and get dressed in your best clothes' (GNB). Don't show people that you are fasting. God desires that we come to Him secretly (v.17). Isaiah 58:6-12 spells out the power and reward in fasting. Meditate on them this season.

Lord, reveal to me the power in fasting and prayer in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”_ *(Mark 5:36)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:46am On Feb 18, 2021
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* THE HEART AND TREASURES

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 6:19-21 *(NIV)*

19. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

God gives us power to make wealth (Deut. 8:18) and gives us all things to enjoy (1 Tim. 6:17). The heart is the centre of all things and treasures are valuable things on which our hearts sometimes concentrate. Many persons have laid their treasures on earth - Sometimes buildings, property, bank savings, etc. However, these treasures can on earth - be stolen, destroyed or broken into. We need to guard them. Moths and rust are possible devourers! Thieves today break even into banks to steal. Yahoo boys and girls, fraudsters (419 people) and kidnappers also target our treasures. The safest place to keep them is in heaven if you have access to it (Matt. 19:21). If one's heart is laid on earthly things which can vanish in a twinkle of an eye, one can die prematurely.

Haggai 1:3-8 teaches us that many have put their treasures in open pockets and lost them completely. Investing in the work of God is the surest way to lay treasures in heaven. God can blow off the one reserved for personal use if this is neglected. So, where are you
laying the treasures and the resources God has committed into your hands? You must give account of them on the last day. The first step to learning how to lay one's treasure in heaven is to give your life to Christ.

Lord, teach me how to lay my treasures in heaven.

_“For You, O God, have proved us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment.”_ *(Psalm 66:10)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Feb 19, 2021
Date: 2021-02-19

✝️�TOPIC: SERVING TWO MASTERS

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 6:22-24 (NKJV)

22. " The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
23. "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great [is] that darkness!
24. " No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

✝️�STUDY

The decision to serve God is very important. Jesus clearly taught that when you serve two masters, you will love one and hate the other, or you will be loyal to one and despise the other. He ended by saying that one cannot serve God and mammon (money/riches) (Matt. 6:24). Joshua declared in in Joshua 24:15, "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. " Joshua admonished the people, "Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth. and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the Rivers and in Egypt. Serve the LORD!"(Joshua 24:14).

Many people in the church today come to church and still visit some evil and ungodly places. That is, they serve two masters, secretly or openly. When one engages in acts of darkness, then, one is serving two masters. Many still pay allegiance to the evil cultures and traditions of their people. Many still promote the so called cultural and traditional revival, better called, idolatrous revival! When you are serving the true God only, your eye will be single and full of light. Do you have another secret master other than Jesus? Repent today. Holiness and sin cannot go together. Who then is your master?

✝️� PRAYER: Dear Lord, I want to serve you alone. May you give me the
enablement to do so

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:29am On Feb 20, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 20, 2021

Date: 2021-02-20

TOPIC: WORRY IS A KILLER

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 6:25-34 (NKJV)

25. " Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26. "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27. "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28. "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29. "and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. "Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, [will He] not much more [clothe] you, O you of little faith?
31. "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32. "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble.

✝️�STUDY

The average man has a lot of issues facing him daily: From his immediate and extended families, church, work-place, daily events, etc. Each of these attracts his attention and requires his time. energy and resources. Therefore the tendency to worry is natural. However the Lord Jesus said, "Take no thought for tomorrow (v.34). He said we should not worry about mundane things of life like food and clothing. God who cares for the lilies and beautifies the grasses which can be cut down at will, cares for us.
"For your Father knows the things you need of before you ask Him" (Matt. 6:cool. God cares! What are you worrying about? The Corona virus was ravaging the world and putting everyone into fear and confusion as this was being written. Cast your cares upon the Lord, He cares for you. Reflect on the Word of God. Sing spiritual songs. These and others are food for the soul and mind. Philippians 4:8 enjoins us on what to meditate on: Things that are noble, just, pure, lovely and of go0d report. By worrying, you cannot add a single hair to your head. Jesus asked us to seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all these things we worry about shall be added to us (Matt. 6:33). Can you trust Christ enough
with your problems?

✝️� PRAYER: Lord Jesus, please help me to seek first the kingdom of
heaven so that my worries will vanish.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:08am On Feb 22, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 22ND FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* JUDGE NOT

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 7: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2. For in the same way as you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4. How can you say to your brother,`Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5. You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
6. "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

To judge means to form an opinion or conclusion or to decide cases in a case law court. Judging leads to condemnation or commendation and these two words are vastly different. To condemn is to express complete disapproval of someone or something while commendation is to praise formally or officially. Our Lord Jesus said 'judge not that ye be not judged.' However, 1 Corinthians 2:15 says that the spiritual man judges all things.

Do not make carnal judgements because you are bound to make mistakes. Seek the leading of the Holy Spirit. In 1 Samuel 16:6, the Prophet Samuel in anointing the successor of Saul nearly made a costly mistake. He looked at the physical appearance of Eliab, the first son of Jesse and to other elder sons of Jesse. He concluded by saying, "Surely, the Lord's anointed is before me." The Lord told him, "Man looks at the outward but God looks at the heart." If a man like Samuel could have made such an expensive mistake, it behoves on all to seek God's guidiance in judgements. When some men came with the woman caught in adultery, Jesus told them, anyone without sin should cast the first stone and all left one after the other. The Lord Jesus told the woman, "Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more." In judging people, look inwards first and make sure you are not guilty of the same offence.

Lord, may Your Spirit lead me always especially in passing judgements on people.

_“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,”_ says the Lord. *(Isaiah 54:17)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:58am On Feb 23, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 23, 2021

Date: 2021-02-23

✝️�TOPIC: ASK, SEEK, KNOCK!

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 7:7-11 (NKJV)

7. " Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9. "Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10. "Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

✝️�STUDY

God loves us so much thhat He gave His only begotten Son to save us from our sins. "Therefore, he that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, How shall He not with Him freely give us all things." (Rom. 8:32). God's love for us is unfathomable. If evil men can give good things to their children, how much more shall our Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him? The point is giving good things. Therefore, if what you are asking is not of God, He will not give it.

The promises of God are yea and Amen. He has promised He will never fail. Delay is not denial. The reason we do not get what we ask may not be far-fetched. Some things we ask for must be sought after. Seeking is stronger tht mere asking. You seek for things that are not easily attainable, that are lost or can't be found. Knocking is a greater level of receiving from God. If the door is not open to you, it shows dispproval and you may not receive what you are asking for. When doors are shut on people, access will be difficult. It is true that before we ask, God already knows our needs; He still wants us to ask, to show commitment, so that it wil not be like the proverbial 'casting of pearls to swine.' Ask, seek and knock today!

✝️� PRAYER: Oh Lord, grant us open heavens in Jesus Name. Amen

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:51am On Feb 24, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 24TH FEBRUARY, 2021 *_(St. Matthias/Church of Nigeria Day)_* *THEME:* FRUITFULNESS

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 15: 1-11 *(NIV)*

1. "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
8. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9. "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
10. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
11. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

The reason Jesus came in the form of man is to save us from our sins and for us to bear fruit - winning souls into the kingdom of God by our character and the Gospel. When we do not fulfil this purpose of God, then we need purging. Physically, when one is purging, foods not good for the body system are removed as stool. This is also applicable to plants. When a branch does not bear fruits, the husband-man takes it away, that is, cuts it down so that it will not eat up the nutrients from the tree. However, the plant that bears fruit, he also purges that it may bring forth much fruits. The husband-man removes hindrances in the branch so that it will bring forth much fruits. In this case, purging has dual purpose.

The secret of fruitfulness is abiding in the Lord. Just as the branches gets nutrients from the vine as long as it abiding in the vine, so also every Christian receives strength and grace for good character and soul-winning as longs as he abides in the Lord. By their fruits you shall know them (Matt. 7:16). Fruits here are both character and soul-winning. Bearing much fruit brings glory to the Lord and attracts God's love. It brings joy both to the soul-winner and the Lord. God is our natural environment - man without God is nothing!

OH Lord, please make me a soul-winner to Your glory in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.”_ *(2 Chronicles 16:9)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Feb 25, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 25TH FEBRUARY, 2021 *THEME:* THE NARROW GATE

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 7: 12-14 *(NIV)*

12. So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
13. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

In life, good things are often difficult to get. Gold, silver, and other precious metals are mined deep down from the earth and must pass through fire to be refined for use. Jesus encouraged us to "enter by the narrow gate, … because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way, which leads unto life, and there are few which find it." A narrow gate is harder to pass through than one that is wide; only few people can go through it at once. Why did Jesus say the gate to life is narrow?' The decision to follow Christ has already narrowed a broad way. That decision includes giving your heart to Christ and making difficult choices and doing difficult things. Therefore, getting into the path is just the first step.

Just as one's ability to succeed has very little to do with what happens to one in life, but rather on how one responds to the things that happen, so Jesus describes the pathway to life as one that requires effort and focus to enter. We have to lay aside certain things (Heb. 12:1-2). Though we are living in the world, we are not part of the world (John 17:11, 16). Jesus said that in the world, one shall have tribulations but He has overcome the world (John 16:33). Only those who endure to the end shall be saved (Matt. 24:13). Endure.

Oh Lord, make me an overcomer in this world in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_”… but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.”_ *(Daniel 11:32)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:11am On Feb 26, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 26TH FEBRUARY, *THEME:* YOUR FRUIT!

*BIBLE READING:* MATTHEW 7: 15-20 *(NIV)*

15. "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16. By their fruit you will recognise them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17. Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20. Thus, by their fruit you will recognise them.

A fruit is the seed-bearing, edible part of a plant or tree, formed on the branches attached to the tree. A fruit describes the kind of tree it is formed from. For example, mango is got from a mango tree. It is expected of every tree to bear fruit (v.17). The question here is 'What kind of fruit does the tree bear? A tree can either bear a good or a bad fruit but not both. That is to say, a good fruit must come from a good tree and not otherwise (v.17).

Our reading today describes the quality of life expected of the followers of Christ. We cannot profess to be Christ's and exhibit characters depicting the Devil. In John 15:5, Jesus says that He is the Vine (tree), we are the branches and if we abide in Him, we will bear much fruit. Jesus is the good 'tree'; therefore, His branches must bear good fruit. Which tree do you represent? Do you live for Christ or the Devil? You will be known by your fruit. You can only bear the good fruit if you stay constantly attached to the Vine. Then your fruit will not only be 'much' but will also bring glory to God by impacting positively on people's lives (Gal. 5:22-23). The danger in not bearing good fruit is that the tree will be cut down and burnt.

Dear Father, help me to constantly stay attached to Jesus Christ so as to bear much fruit. *Amen.*

_“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts."_ *(Zechariah 4:6)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On Feb 27, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 27, 2021

Date: 2021-02-27

✝️�TOPIC: HEARING AND DOING THE WORD

✝️�TEXT: MATTHEW 7:21 -29 (NKJV)

21. " Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22. "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23. "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
24. " Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25. "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26. "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27. "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
28. And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29. for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

✝️�STUDY

Without mincing words, the passage today shows us that 'staying in Church, fellowship or any Christian gathering' from Sunday to Sunday and participating fully in such gatherings, is not a guarantee to entering into Heaven. The qualifications for entrance are hearing and doing the word of God! It is important to hear the Word of God, for faith comes from hearing His Word (Rom. 10:17). It is more important to do what is heard; faith without works is dead (James 2:18-20). Hearing without doing could be deceptive (James 1:22).

The changes in life do not happen preferentially. Given that life's circumstances may not always favour one, the only guarantee to standing tall and strong after the rains have descended, the floods have come and the winds have blown and beaten on one's 'house' (faith), is holding on to the word heard and doing same (v.25). Calling Jesus Lord, performing miracles, prophesying, casting out demons and even raising the dead in His Name, without doing His word are all exercises in futility and will attract a condemnation at last (v.23). Doing all the above in His Name and in accordance with His Word will attract the commendation... "thou good and faithful servant... "Be a wise man - build on the Rock by hearing and doing His Word!

✝️� PRAYER: Help me dear Lord, to daily build on You, the Rock, till I see
You face to face. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:54am On Mar 01, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 1ST MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* GOD'S COMPASSION

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 15: 11-24 *(NIV)*

11. Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons.
12. The younger one said to his father,`Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.
13. "Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.
14. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.
15. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.
16. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no-one gave him anything.
17. "When he came to his senses, he said,`How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!
18. I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.
19. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.'
20. So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
21. "The son said to him,`Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
22. "But the father said to his servants,`Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
23. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
24. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Today's text is the story of the prodigal son who had a very wayward lifestyle that separated him from his family. This exposed him to shame and suffering. Though his father was compassionate and willing to help, he could not because of the separating wall. When the prodigal son could not bear the situation, he reflected on the beauty of life in his father's kingdom, then he humbled himself, admitted his sins, returned to his father, confessed his sins and appealed for adoption. The sincerity of his heart and actions gained him his father's compassion, which changed him completely for good.

We have God's compassion readily available but may not enjoy it until we have reflected on the beauty of heaven, humbled ourselves, admitted our sins and confessed them to God in agreement with heaven's lifestyle. God is ready to attend to our needs but we have to pull down the dividing wall. The question therefore is; what is it that has separated me from the family of Jesus Christ? How can I remove the separation? Is there anyone who can help me to keep to my decision (that is, a disciple)? Sincere answers and practical steps to these questions will be helpful.

Lord Jesus, help my deliberate decision to live above sin today and grant me your compassion.

_“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”_ *(Ephesians 3:20)*

HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:40am On Mar 02, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 2ND MARCH, 2021 *THEME:* DISAPPOINTING THE KING

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 1: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. This is what happened during the time of Xerxes, the Xerxes who ruled over 127 provinces stretching from India to Cush:
2. At that time King Xerxes reigned from his royal throne in the citadel of Susa,
3. and in the third year of his reign he gave a banquet for all his nobles and officials. The military leaders of Persia and Media, the princes, and the nobles of the provinces were present.
4. For a full 180 days he displayed the vast wealth of his kingdom and the splendour and glory of his majesty.
5. When these days were over, the king gave a banquet, lasting seven days, in the enclosed garden of the king's palace, for all the people from the least to the greatest, who were in the citadel of Susa.
6. The garden had hangings of white and blue linen, fastened with cords of white linen and purple material to silver rings on marble pillars. There were couches of gold and silver on a mosaic pavement of porphyry, marble, mother-of-pearl and other costly stones.
7. Wine was served in goblets of gold, each one different from the other, and the royal wine was abundant, in keeping with the king's liberality.
8. By the king's command each guest was allowed to drink in his own way, for the king instructed all the wine stewards to serve each man what he wished.
9. Queen Vashti also gave a banquet for the women in the royal palace of King Xerxes.
10. On the seventh day, when King Xerxes was in high spirits from wine, he commanded the seven eunuchs who served him-- Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar and Carcas--
11. to bring before him Queen Vashti, wearing her royal crown, in order to display her beauty to the people and nobles, for she was lovely to look at.
12. But when the attendants delivered the king's command, Queen Vashti refused to come. Then the king became furious and burned with anger.

King Ahasuerus decided to show the riches of his glorious kingdom and the honour of his excellent majesty. A feast lasting 180 days was organised for this. Another 7 days feast was immediately organised to display the most cherished possessions of the king. The praparation for the 7 days feast was more costly than that of the 180 days. This shows how important it was to the king. The expectations of the guests was high. Vashti was called to manifest her beauty and glory before the king and his guests. This would be the peak of the celebration for the king but for whatever reason, Vashti refused. This grieved the king so much.

Man is the best of God's creation - the most expensive and most cherished. Of course, the earnest expectation of the creation awaits the manifestation of the sons of God. However, most of us have turned down the call of God in disobedience. We need to ask ourselves: Am I serving the purpose of my Creator? What is it that has taken away my attention from pleasing God? Is God disappointed in me? How do I right my wrongs? It is too dangerous to incur the wrath of God.

May I not be a disappointment to You, Oh God, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”_
*(Philippians 4:19)*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH:*
In this 3rd Month and always, Divine Blessings will locate you and your family. Your going out and your coming in shall be blessed. Every good promise shall be fulfilled in your life and you shal be relevant in Jesus name. *Amen.*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:27am On Mar 03, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 3, 2021

Date: 2021-03-03

✝️�TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF DISOBEDIENCE

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 1:13 – 22 (NKJV)

13. Then the king said to the wise men who understood the times (for this [was] the king's manner toward all who knew law and justice,
14. those closest to him [being] Carshena, Shethar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, and Memucan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who had access to the king's presence, [and] who ranked highest in the kingdom):
15. "What [shall we] do to Queen Vashti, according to law, because she did not obey the command of King Ahasuerus [brought to her] by the eunuchs?"
16. And Memucan answered before the king and the princes: "Queen Vashti has not only wronged the king, but also all the princes, and all the people who [are] in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus.
17. "For the queen's behavior will become known to all women, so that they will despise their husbands in their eyes, when they report, 'King Ahasuerus commanded Queen Vashti to be brought in before him, but she did not come.'
18. "This very day the [noble] ladies of Persia and Media will say to all the king's officials that they have heard of the behavior of the queen. Thus [there will be] excessive contempt and wrath.
19. "If it pleases the king, let a royal decree go out from him, and let it be recorded in the laws of the Persians and the Medes, so that it will not be altered, that Vashti shall come no more before King Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal position to another who is better than she.
20. "When the king's decree which he will make is proclaimed throughout all his empire (for it is great), all wives will honor their husbands, both great and small."
21. And the reply pleased the king and the princes, and the king did according to the word of Memucan.
22. Then he sent letters to all the king's provinces, to each province in its own script, and to every people in their own language, that each man should be master in his own house, and speak in the language of his own people.

✝️�STUDY

In today’s text, we did not note any remorse or repentance from Vashti, not minding that the knew the law and judgment. So, the king consulted with the wise men on the provisions of the law and statements of judgement in relation to Vashti's offence. The answer was that she should be banished. Her banishment was to serve as a lesson to other women - that they may learn obedience to their husbands. The king kept his love for Vashti aside and dispensed justice in accordance with the rules of his kingdom.

The first lesson here is that leaders should learn to handle offences in accordance with the provision of the constitution for a healthy society. When we pamper evil, we destroy our society. Secondly. justice becomes stronger than love in God's heart when one continues in sin. Remember, this was coming at the rounding off of the long feast. In the same way, our journey on earth is likened
to this feast. At the rounding off of our lives, which might be by death or rapture, justice will be stronger than love. If you are found guilty. you will be banished to hell fire. However, there is room for repentance now.

✝️� PRAYER: O God, I repent today; do not banish me from Your
presence, I pray, Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:37am On Mar 04, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 4, 2021

Date: 2021-03-04

✝️�TOPIC: GREAT BACKGROUND

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 2:1 - 14 (NKJV)

1. After these things, when the wrath of King Ahasuerus subsided, he remembered Vashti, what she had done, and what had been decreed against her.
2. Then the king's servants who attended him said: "Let beautiful young virgins be sought for the king;
3. "and let the king appoint officers in all the provinces of his kingdom, that they may gather all the beautiful young virgins to Shushan the citadel, into the women's quarters, under the custody of Hegai the king's eunuch, custodian of the women. And let beauty preparations be given [them.]
4. "Then let the young woman who pleases the king be queen instead of Vashti." This thing pleased the king, and he did so.
5. In Shushan the citadel there was a certain Jew whose name [was] Mordecai the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite.
6. [Kish] had been carried away from Jerusalem with the captives who had been captured with Jeconiah king of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away.
7. And [Mordecai] had brought up Hadassah, that [is,] Esther, his uncle's daughter, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman [was] lovely and beautiful. When her father and mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter.
8. So it was, when the king's command and decree were heard, and when many young women were gathered at Shushan the citadel, [under] the custody of Hegai, that Esther also was taken to the king's palace, into the care of Hegai the custodian of the women.
9. Now the young woman pleased him, and she obtained his favor; so he readily gave beauty preparations to her, besides her allowance. Then seven choice maidservants were provided for her from the king's palace, and he moved her and her maidservants to the best [place] in the house of the women.
10. Esther had not revealed her people or family, for Mordecai had charged her not to reveal [it.]
11. And every day Mordecai paced in front of the court of the women's quarters, to learn of Esther's welfare and what was happening to her.
12. Each young woman's turn came to go in to King Ahasuerus after she had completed twelve months' preparation, according to the regulations for the women, for thus were the days of their preparation apportioned: six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with perfumes and preparations for beautifying women.
13. Thus [prepared, each] young woman went to the king, and she was given whatever she desired to take with her from the women's quarters to the king's palace.
14. In the evening she went, and in the morning she returned to the second house of the women, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's eunuch who kept the concubines. She would not go in to the king again unless the king delighted in her and called for her by name.

✝️�STUDY

Our text today gives us the background of Esther. She was a stranger, a slave and a orphan but she was a Virgin, fair and beautiful. She grew under a Godly uncle who adopted her as a daughter and got her rooted in God. Amidst other maidens who possibly had rich and influential backgrounds, Esther won the favour of Hegai who prepared them to appear before the king for choice of a replacement for Vashti. Hegai speeded up her up
preparation and gave her the best place of the house.

The importance of someone's background in our society
today cannot be overemphasised. The problem, however, is the preferment of riches, education, fame, etc. to godly virtues. The background that attracts divine favour is that of godliness, which manifests chastity, natural beauty, obedience, simplicity, self control, discipline, etc. The king of our soul is not interested in our wealthy and famous background. Thus you need to ask yourself: What is my background? How can I achieve a great background? Who can help me?

✝️�PRAYER: I resolve to have a great background; dear Lord please help me.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 5TH MARCH, 2021. *THEME:* MISSION FORMULA

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 9: 1-9 *(NIV)*

1. When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,
2. And he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
3. He told them: "Take nothing for the journey--no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic.
4. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town.
5. If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them."
6. So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.
7. Now Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was going on. And he was perplexed, because some were saying that John had been raised from the dead,
8. Others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that one of the prophets of long ago had come back to life.
9. But Herod said, "I beheaded John. Who, then, is this I hear such things about?" And he tried to see him.

Jesus first empowered His disciples for mission before sending them out. They received authority from Him over devils and diseases and then came a description of their assignment. They were to preach the kingdom of God and heal the sick. They were not to be worried about their welfare as provision had been made by God for them in their assignment. The given formula is in line with Matthew 6:33, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness: and all these things shall be added to you".

The picture seems to be different in our present time. Some people engage in God's work without first being spiritually empowered. Thus, we have a lot of Christians who do God's work but not in accordance with His formula. Hence some emphasise miracles over salvation while some others are material-driven. All these are all contrary to our text. The church should emphasise preaching the kingdom of God, though it should not neglect miracles and material blessings. But ask yourself: Have I been preaching the kingdom of God? Do I have the approval and empowerment of Christ like the disciples? If not, how do I correct my wrong? Who can help me?

Reset my approach to ministry in the manner of Christ's, O God, I pray.

_“The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.”_ *(Psalm 84:11)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:01am On Mar 06, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 6, 2021

Date: 2021-03-06

✝️�TOPIC: IN HIS STEPS

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 9:10-17 (NKJV)

10. And the apostles, when they had returned, told Him all that they had done. Then He took them and went aside privately into a deserted place belonging to the city called Bethsaida.
11. But when the multitudes knew [it,] they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing.
12. When the day began to wear away, the twelve came and said to Him, "Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here."
13. But He said to them, "You give them something to eat." And they said, "We have no more than five loaves and two fish, unless we go and buy food for all these people."
14. For there were about five thousand men. Then He said to His disciples, "Make them sit down in groups of fifty."
15. And they did so, and made them all sit down.
16. Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke [them,] and gave [them] to the disciples to set before the multitude.
17. So they all ate and were filled, and twelve baskets of the leftover fragments were taken up by them.

✝️�STUDY

After the empowerment of the disciples and the receipt of the formula for mission in our text yesterday, the disciples went out for practice. After a while, they returned to Jesus to give account of their stewardship. Jesus went with them to Bethsaida to have some privacy but the people followed them. Jesus then practised the formula He had given them: Jesus first received the people and spoke to them of the kingdom of God. He then healed those who had need of healing and finally fed the crowd with a miraculous provision.

Jesus is our perfect example. We are to pattern our lives. ministries and missions in His way. The most important need of every man, according to Jesus' approach, pattern and formula. is salvation, which qualifies such a man as a partaker of God's kingdom. That is the qualification that gives us access to divine healing. miracle and providence. It is absurd to hold crusades for
healing. miracles material gains, etc., without first preaching the kingdom of God to the people. Salvation must be topmost in our missions, meetings and ministrations. Please ponder on this: Is my ministry patterned like that of Christ? What amendments do I need
to make immediately?

✝️� PRAYER: Reset my approach to ministry in the manner of Christ's,
O God, I pray.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 7TH MARCH, 2021 _*(Lent 3)*_ *THEME:* SELF DENIAL

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 9: 18-27 *(NIV)*

18. And it happened, as He was alone praying, [that] His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, "Who do the crowds say that I am?"
19. So they answered and said, "John the Baptist, but some [say] Elijah; and others [say] that one of the old prophets has risen again."
20. He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God."
21. And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one,
22. saying, "The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day."
23. Then He said to [them] all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24. "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
25. "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?
26. "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His [own] glory, and [in His] Father's, and of the holy angels.
27. "But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God."

Immediately after yesterday's episode, Jesus initiated a discussion with His disciples as contained in our text today. By it, He revealed the secret of a successful Christian journey, mission and ministry. Through some searching questions, He revealed who He is to them. This would help them understand that His submission to rejection being despised and crucifixion, was possible because He denied Himself. However, the end point of it all will be glorification. At this point, He emphatically stated: "if any man will come after Me, let him deny himself… whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it "(vv. 23-24).

Self-denial is a must for every Christian; one cannot be a Christian without denying himself. To deny oneself implies that the person no longer lives according to the desires of his flesh but according to Christ's life. It means seeing yourself as nothing crucifying your self-worth or ego. Let us put it this way: It implies 'maltreating' yourself (the Adamic nature) for the sake of Christ

I die to self today: please, Lord Jesus rule me.

_“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.”_ *(Philippians 3:12)*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:22am On Mar 08, 2021
Date: 2021-03-08

✝️�TOPIC: GLORIFIED FOR DESPISEMENT

✝️�TEXT: LUKE 9:28-36 (NKJV)

28. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
29. As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe [became] white [and] glistening.
30. And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah,
31. who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
32. But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
33. Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, [that] Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah" -- not knowing what he said.
34. While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud.
35. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
36. When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone. But they kept quiet, and told no one in those days any of the things they had seen.

✝️�STUDY

Our text today is the transfiguration experience in which Jesus was glorified. His face was transformed and his garment became dazzling white. He had a glorious meeting with heaven's representatives of the saints triumphant. He, with Peter, John, and James were overshadowed by the cloud of glory. A voice from the midst of the cloud confirmed Him as the beloved Son of God and urged that He be heard. The experience was so glorious that Peter desired not to leave the scene/environment. The whole experience, however, was to prepare Him for the humiliation and death to follow (vv. 30-31). Heaven was aware of all He was going to pass through hence the glorious experience to strengthen Him.

Do you know that God is aware of all the pains and shame
you will face in life? Since you have denied yourself, He grants you a transformation that would strengthen you in time of trials. Such transformation experience instils determination, patience, longsuffering, lively hope, faith, assurance and heavenly mindedness in us. It deepens our commitment to Christ and sustains us in the face of hostility. You need this kind of glorious experience.

✝️� PRAYER: O Lord, shine your glory on me so I can overcome the
hostility of the world.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:36am On Mar 10, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 10TH MARCH, 2021. *THEME:* BEING FIRM

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 3: 1-7 *(NIV)*

1. After these events, King Xerxes honoured Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, elevating him and giving him a seat of honour higher than that of all the other nobles.

2. All the royal officials at the king’s gate knelt down and paid honor to Haman, for the king had commanded this concerning him. But Mordecai would not kneel down or pay him honor.

3. Then the royal officials at the king’s gate asked Mordecai, “Why do you disobey the king’s command?”

4. Day after day they spoke to him but he refused to comply. Therefore they told Haman about it to see whether Mordecai’s behavior would be tolerated, for he had told them he was a Jew.

5. When Haman saw that Mordecai would not kneel down or pay him honor, he was enraged.

6. Yet having learned who Mordecai’s people were, he scorned the idea of killing only Mordecai. Instead Haman looked for a way to destroy all Mordecai’s people, the Jews, throughout the whole kingdom of Xerxes.

7. In the twelfth year of King Xerxes, in the first month, the month of Nisan, the pur (that is, the lot) was cast in the presence of Haman to select a day and month. And the lot fell on the twelfth month, the month of Adar.

Haman was promoted above all the princes; he subsequently demanded that the people should bow to greet him- a form of worship. For the Jews, it’s a sin to bow in worship to any other except Yahweh. So Mordecai deliberately refused to compromise his faith. People tried to persuade him to go contrary to his decision and faith but he stood firm, not minding what the result may be. Haman became angry, not only with Mordecai, but with the entire Jews. On a daily basis, he led the casting of lots to determine what would happen to the Jews because of Mordecai's firmness in his faith. This was done in the presence of Mordecai, probably to make him change his mind but he remained firm.

What is our attitude towards our tenets of faith? How firm are we to the commandments of God? Are we guilty of obeying man than God? In the face of Islamic insurgency and killing of Christian faithful, how firm are we in our Christian commitment? The truth is that the idea of Boko Haram showing their wickedness to Christians on videos can be likened to Haman's casting of lot before Mordecai. The aim is to see if we could drop our faith because out of fear. But like Mordecai, we must remain firm in the Lord.

Dear Lord, give me grace to be firm in my Christian commitment in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_“Whoever is spared personal pain must feel himself called to help in diminishing the pain of others. We must all carry our share of the misery which lies upon the world.”_ - *Albert Schweitzer

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:02am On Mar 11, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 11TH MARCH, 2021. *THEME:* SENTENCED

*BIBLE READING:* ESTHER 3: 8-15 *(NIV)*

8. Then Haman said to King Xerxes, "There is a certain people dispersed and scattered among the peoples in all the provinces of your kingdom whose customs are different from those of all other people and who do not obey the king's laws; it is not in the king's best interest to tolerate them.
9. If it pleases the king, let a decree be issued to destroy them, and I will put ten thousand talents of silver into the royal treasury for the men who carry out this business."
10. So the king took his signet ring from his finger and gave it to Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, the enemy of the Jews.
11. "Keep the money," the king said to Haman, "and do with the people as you please."
12. Then on the thirteenth day of the first month the royal secretaries were summoned. They wrote out in the script of each province and in the language of each people all Haman's orders to the king's satraps, the governors of the various provinces and the nobles of the various peoples. These were written in the name of King Xerxes himself and sealed with his own ring.
13. Dispatches were sent by couriers to all the king's provinces with the order to destroy, kill and annihilate all the Jews--young and old, women and little children--on a single day, the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, the month of Adar, and to plunder their goods.
14. A copy of the text of the edict was to be issued as law in every province and made known to the people of every nationality so that they would be ready for that day.
15. Spurred on by the king's command, the couriers went out, and the edict was issued in the citadel of Susa. The king and Haman sat down to drink, but the city of Susa was bewildered.

In today's text, Haman told king Ahasuerus of the firmness of Mordecai and all other Jews in obeying the law of their God. He presented such godly virtue as a disobedience to the king and quickly suggested a total annihilation of the Jews. Without a second thought, king Ahasuerus adopted his suggestion and passed a decree that sentenced the entire Jews to death in one day. This was written and signed and was published in all the provinces. The killings were not to be done immediately but on given a date. This was done probably to see if the Jews would give up their faith before the given date for fear of death.

The Christian church in Nigeria seems to be facing a death sentence from religious terrorists. Daily, the death sentence is being published in all the states through the social media. What are these terrorists up to? What should be our response to this? Remember, he who saves his life will lose it.

God, please keep Your church strong in this challenging time, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.”_ — *Corrie Ten Boom*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR MARCH 12, 2021

Date: 2021-03-12

✝️�TOPIC: WISE REACTION

✝️�TEXT: ESTHER 4:1-9 (NKJV)

1. When Mordecai learned all that had happened, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the midst of the city. He cried out with a loud and bitter cry.
2. He went as far as the front of the king's gate, for no one [might] enter the king's gate clothed with sackcloth.
3. And in every province where the king's command and decree arrived, [there was] great mourning among the Jews, with fasting, weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
4. So Esther's maids and eunuchs came and told her, and the queen was deeply distressed. Then she sent garments to clothe Mordecai and take his sackcloth away from him, but he would not accept [them.]
5. Then Esther called Hathach, [one] of the king's eunuchs whom he had appointed to attend her, and she gave him a command concerning Mordecai, to learn what and why this [was.]
6. So Hathach went out to Mordecai in the city square that [was] in front of the king's gate.
7. And Mordecai told him all that had happened to him, and the sum of money that Haman had promised to pay into the king's treasuries to destroy the Jews.
8. He also gave him a copy of the written decree for their destruction, which was given at Shushan, that he might show it to Esther and explain it to her, and that he might command her to go in to the king to make supplication to him and plead before him for her people.
9. So Hathach returned and told Esther the words of Mordecai.

✝️�STUDY

The death sentence we studied yesterday did not go down well with the Jews. Mordecai took the lead in reacting against the king's decree. First, they showed their unhappiness by tearing their clothes and putting on sackcloth with ashes. They made their unhappiness
public and specific by going to the king's gate to register their protest. They also published their protest in all the provinces wherein the King's decree was published. Theirs was not a written publication but a peaceful protest with a loud and bitter cry. This culminated into a fasting and prayer by all Jews. Mordecai rejected whatever royal package from Esther to make him mask his feeling and keep quiet. What a wise reaction!

In the face of what seems like a death sentence, Christians in our nation today are to react wisely. It is unfortunate that Some Christians, even church leaders, are silent about this. The Church has to raise her voice against such injustice, even up to he presidency. We must reject whatever package intended to silence us. Let us commit ourselves to praying and fasting rather than being nonchalant. As individuals, we must ask: What is my reaction to this? What have I done with regard to the death sentence on the Church today?

✝️� PRAYER: O God, please save your Church in our country today!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Have You Suffered For Christ? / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.