Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,034 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? (7988 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

Naa.
My point is.. how come you didn't use passages to buttress your points like you were quick to do in the othniel question?
Should we hold your own idea supreme over what u have been claiming you hold supreme (Bible)?
Haba.. I did not use passages because you seemed uncomfortable with it.
And you said no long story so I assumed you just wanted a direct answer.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! smiley
Your interest is EXCHANGING ideas Sir not in RECOGNIZING a distinguished and unique GROUP of worshipers!
We were SENT to search for this type of people and since you've told me that you're not interested in such, i'm sure there's no reason wasting your precious time. So please continue exchanging ideas with your type Sir! smiley

Every group is unique in its own way. I have met Christian sects much more unique than yours
I don't judge groups by their uniqueness but by the content of their beliefs

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

So you are implying he is cursing an accomplice of murder that is required for himself to die and save the world against his law?
Not me implying but the bible
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! smiley
That means you only admire the skills, you don't study my post to know the motive behind it.
Try to read each of my posts and pay attention to the person i responded to, then you'll see that it's to convince the person that i'm not just skillful in handling the scriptures, i want to direct all those who admire me to the source of my efficacy Jehovah's Witnesses Organization

Many have become my enemies on Nairaland for this reason, they just love chatting with efficient Bible Scholars but i keep telling them that they can know better and become more skillful than Maximus if only they're ready to humble themselves and learn from those who taught me JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

I was born bread and brought up a Muslim, i never thought i could one day become a preacher and teacher of the Bible! smiley

Tcwork:

Well this is a brand new you. In other threads, you are extra expressive. You never shy away form a discussion. And you used all your great skills and bible knowledge in making your point.
But all that is changing with this brand new you right?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Every group is unique in its own way.

Jesus never said so otherwise he wouldn't have told his disciples to be watchful of the teachings of the Pharisees {Matthew 16:12} so it's not every group that is unique in it's own way (as you just asserted)

I have met Christian sects much more unique than yours
It depends on what you meant by UNIQUE! smiley

I don't judge groups by their uniqueness but by the content of their beliefs
Jesus asked us to judge them by their FRUIT {Matthew 7:15-20} the FRUIT is what makes Jesus' GROUP unique throughout the earth!
Would you like to know the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit? I will oblige if you want to learn! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 11:55am On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

grin
I can sense something that doesn't make sense to you but now blamed on your Bible
Funny Friend grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

But same Bible recorded that jesus(your supposed creator) urged the accomplice of murder(Judas) to do what he has to do quickly. Is he playing double standards by laying a curse on him initially and luring him into it?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

grin
I can sense something that doesn't make sense to you but now blamed on your Bible
Funny Friend grin
I keep answering your question but you assume the bible does not make sense. How do you want me to help you.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus never said so otherwise he wouldn't have told his disciples to be watchful of the teachings of the Pharisees {Matthew 16:12} so it's not every group that is unique in it's own way (as you just asserted)

It depends on what you meant by UNIQUE! smiley
Go ahead

Jesus asked us to judge them by their FRUIT {Matthew 7:15-20} the FRUIT is what makes Jesus' GROUP unique throughout the earth!
Would you like to know the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit? I will oblige if you want to learn! smiley
Go ahead
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

I keep answering your question but you assume the bible does not make sense. How do you want me to help you.

grin you didn't answer the next question
You said I should be asking. But you sound emotional now
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jesus likens pure worship to a tree planted by God {John 15:1} every tree have two sides just like a coin.
GIFT and FRUIT!
Let's first discuss on the GIFT of a Tree.
A tree could be big with strong roots, large leaves, can grow in any part of the earth under any atmospheric condition. It leaves, body and roots can be useful for curing sicknesses. Humans, animals and birds can rest under it's shadows during the heat of day, it could also dispense nice fragrance so that everyone feels refreshed under it's huge leaves. All these are gifts that could be found in thousands of trees in the forest. God's word foretold that by the time Christianity is born this new born child like a new tree will display GIFTS e.g miraculous healings, visions, dreams, speaking in strange tongues and so on. Of course this is a sign that God has just established a new covenant with the nation of Israel {Joel 2:28-30 compare to Act 2:16-18} But because there are thousands of pagan religions (TREES) having similar GIFTS, Apostle Paul made us understand that these GIFTS will be short-lived in Christianity! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

That's why Jesus told his disciples that the GIFTS will serve as a sign that God has approved his sacrificial death, and Christianity has been approved as the means of salvation. {Luke 10:18-19} but Satan will make lots of imitations to confuse future interested persons so identifying Jesus' GROUP out of many false religions claiming Christians will be hard. Matthew 13:25
So for the benefit of interested persons who truly wants to join Jesus' disciples in the future he said "By their FRUIT" you will distinguish between Satan's imitations and Jesus' GROUP Matthew 7:15-20

Now let's talk about this FRUIT.
To be continued....

Tcwork:

Go ahead
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

1 John 4.14

In addition, we ourselves have seen and are bearing witness that the Father has sent his Son as savior of the world.
From this scripture, whathe was Jesus Christ sent to be? From the verse, who is the Savior of the world?
If I am sick and my father sends me a doctor, does that make the doctor any less than a doctor?
Jesus Christ was a Saviour sent to the world. This was my point all along.

The doctor is standing in the place of a higher or senior doctor who believes he is capable of carrying out your treatment.

He takes out of what belongs to the father and show it to us. In the end the father gets all the glory even through the son.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

You obviously do not understand my words. My point was that there is nothing like a small god. That was my point. Pls go back and carefully read my text

That means Jesus Christ saying in John 10:34 KJV
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

That mean mankind are no small Gods as well.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Please that was a different time. Moses and the congregation were not privileged to see Jehovah's face everytime but the few times he was seen, it was clearly recorded
Genesis 32.30
30 So Jacob named the place Pe·niʹel,*+ for he said, “I have seen God face-to-face, yet my life* was preserved

Always cross reference scriptures to understand it properly..in another place Jacob r
Wrestle with angel.

Hosea 12:3-4 KJV
He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had d power with God: [4] Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made f supplication unto him: he found him in Beth–el, and there he spake with us;
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
Janosky:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Bros, when and where did your Bible say that was a different time?

When he insert or assumes. Is ok
When another does. He quickly strikes it out. grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
Janosky:

I taya for the Bros Tcwork..
When the holy scriptures catch him napping,he deflects what the holy scriptures is saying
grin cheesy grin grin

grin grin agender must agend for him
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Janosky: 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

Always cross reference scriptures to understand it properly..in another place Jacob r
Wrestle with angel.

He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had d power with God: [4] Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made f supplication unto him: he found him in Beth–el, and there he spake with us;

Bros Maamin, well done..
I have ended my convo with Bros Tc...
His claim is more valid to him than the holy scriptures..
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
THE INDISPUTABLE FRUIT OF GOD'S TREE!

The FRUIT of a tree is it's IDENTITY, people may choose to start arguing over an orange tree and lime tree because of their similarities. But please pluck the fruit anywhere you find it and the TASTE will prove what type of tree it is!
In the same manner the FRUIT of God's tree have a unique taste that anywhere it grows you will know it. This FRUIT has nine unique TASTES ~ LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23
When most people read Paul's letter they assume each Christians must possess all these qualities! smiley Forgetting that imperfect humans are still under sin {Romans 7:21-25} so no human can possess all these qualities except Jesus Christ! WHY? Because he came from the one whose Active Force dispenses this qualities
No wonder God asked us to listen to this young guy from Nazareth! Matthew 17:5

So if no one can possess all these qualities, then why did Jesus say interested persons will recognize different trees by THEIR FRUITS? Matthew 7:16

Well there are different spirits behind each religion you see around you, they may claim they worship the same God but it's the rules of each spirit that determines the tenets of each one of them. 1Corinthians 8:5

Therefore the tree that belongs to God is what will yield the FRUIT not each individual, so if you begin studying each member of the group you will be lost as you will find nice people and crooked ones in both Jesus' GROUP and Satan's GROUP. Note that we're not talking about where good people gather or where evil people assemble. But because they're under the control of God's Holy Spirit imperfect humans from different races will come together and you will notice that as ONE BODY all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit will be complete IN THEIR GROUP!
Of course they will not welcome religious ideas from any other source, remember they're the true followers of that young man who said "I am the way, the truth and the life, NOBODY comes to my father except through me!" John 14:6
Because of their rigid stand on what their Master handed over to them, and they are not ready to welcome religious ideas here and there, all other religionists will single them out and hate them! John 17:14-17

So i don't need to mention the name of any religious group, each follower can go back and study if his/her religious group possess this qualities as a BODY not thinking about nice individuals found in your church. Remember Nicodemus was a member of the Pharisees yet he was nice to Jesus!

Thanks for giving me the privilege to share this! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Maamin(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

Yes because they saw Jehovah
John 1.18
No man has seen God at any time;+ the only-begotten god+ who is at the Father’s side*+ is the one who has explained Him.
It was Christ they saw. It was Jehovah they saw

And i suppose the same Jehovah or Christ they all saw was the one in Exdus that told Moses that he cant see his face and live? Are you for real right now? undecided

Exodus 33:19-21 KJV
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. [20] And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. [21] And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

Note : the wors 'LORD' is in uppercase to signify the name 'Jehovah'

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! smiley
That means you only admire the skills, you don't study my post to know the motive behind it.
Try to read each of my posts and pay attention to the person i responded to, then you'll see that it's to convince the person that i'm not just skillful in handling the scriptures, i want to direct all those who admire me to the source of my efficacy Jehovah's Witnesses Organization

Many have become my enemies on Nairaland for this reason, they just love chatting with efficient Bible Scholars but i keep telling them that they can know better and become more skillful than Maximus if only they're ready to humble themselves and learn from those who taught me JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

I was born bread and brought up a Muslim, i never thought i could one day become a preacher and teacher of the Bible! smiley

Well I am wait to hear the better stuff from you then
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

And i suppose the same Jehovah or Christ they all saw was the one in Exdus that told Moses that he cant see his face and live? Are you for real right now? undecided

And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. [20] And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. [21] And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

Oh you guys are so many. We have already discussed Ex 33.19-21 yesterday. You might want to go back and update yourself
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

We have gone pass this yesterday. Pls read old post and update yourself.
But let me give you a summary.
In verse 11 Moses spoke with God face to face at another time in verse 19 to 21 neither he or the people were given the privilege.
It's so easy to understand. God at one time giving Moses privilege for a face to face conversation and at another not giving him the same privilege. Simple
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
THE INDISPUTABLE FRUIT OF GOD'S TREE!

The FRUIT of a tree is it's IDENTITY, people may choose to start arguing over an orange tree and lime tree because of their similarities. But please pluck the fruit anywhere you find it and the TASTE will prove what type of tree it is!
In the same manner the FRUIT of God's tree have a unique taste that anywhere it grows you will know it. This FRUIT has nine unique TASTES ~ LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23
When most people read Paul's letter they assume each Christians must possess all these qualities! smiley Forgetting that imperfect humans are still under sin {Romans 7:21-25} so no human can possess all these qualities except Jesus Christ! WHY? Because he came from the one whose Active Force dispenses this qualities
No wonder God asked us to listen to this young guy from Nazareth! Matthew 17:5

So if no one can possess all these qualities, then why did Jesus say interested persons will recognize different trees by THEIR FRUITS? Matthew 7:16

Well there are different spirits behind each religion you see around you, they may claim they worship the same God but it's the rules of each spirit that determines the tenets of each one of them. 1Corinthians 8:5

Therefore the tree that belongs to God is what will yield the FRUIT not each individual, so if you begin studying each member of the group you will be lost as you will find nice people and crooked ones in both Jesus' GROUP and Satan's GROUP. Note that we're not talking about where good people gather or where evil people assemble. But because they're under the control of God's Holy Spirit imperfect humans from different races will come together and you will notice that as ONE BODY all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit will be complete IN THEIR GROUP!
Of course they will not welcome religious ideas from any other source, remember they're the true followers of that young man who said "I am the way, the truth and the life, NOBODY comes to my father except through me!" John 14:6
Because of their rigid stand on what their Master handed over to them, and they are not ready to welcome religious ideas here and there, all other religionists will single them out and hate them! John 17:14-17

So i don't need to mention the name of any religious group, each follower can go back and study if his/her religious group possess this qualities as a BODY not thinking about nice individuals found in your church. Remember Nicodemus was a member of the Pharisees yet he was nice to Jesus!

Thanks for giving me the privilege to share this! smiley
Nice write up.
But still there has to be more.
This writeup could easily represent any church.
In fact if I was given the writeup and asked which church it reflects it was be hard to reply.
And like you said the fruits of the spirit are not unique to any organization.
So please if there is more to share I am listening.
At least, I need to see the difference.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

And about the uppercase, every word in the original Hebrew was written in uppercase so it's a no issue
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2021
[code][/code]x
Janosky:

Bros Maamin, well done..
I have ended my convo with Bros Tc...
His claim is more valid to him than the holy scriptures..
Mention one claim I make that isn't in the scriptures. Don't forget you openly rejected parts of the bible.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

When he insert or assumes. Is ok
When another does. He quickly strikes it out. grin
You need to show where I inserted or assumed. In our entire discussion I have not once deflected from the words in the scriptures
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

That means Jesus Christ saying in John 10:34 KJV
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

That mean mankind are no small Gods as well.
What do you mean by small gods please. There is no doctrine like that in the scriptures.
And yes when your father is God, what foes that make you?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

Wrestle with angel.

Jacob wrestled with an angel, very correct. Jacob also saw God, equally correct. The bible makes this clear.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
Maamin:

The doctor is standing in the place of a higher or senior doctor who believes he is capable of carrying out your treatment.

He takes out of what belongs to the father and show it to us. In the end the father gets all the glory even through the son.
Even if there was a much senior doctor guiding the youngerrors doctor, the younger doctor performed the act.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Tcwork: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
Jman24:

grin you didn't answer the next question
You said I should be asking. But you sound emotional now
I am never emotional. What is the next question
Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Well if you agree with my explanation regarding the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit then these are the questions that can help sincere and honest hearted individuals identify the GROUP that perfectly befits this description.

[1] I'm black and African, will my religion/Church permit me to pick up weapons against people from other races at the order of selfish politicians? Mark 12:31
[2] Am i contented with what my religion promised me regarding the future or my religion promotes accumulation of material possessions? Luke 18:18-23
[3] Is there PEACE amongst those taking the lead in my religion? Is this PEACE permeating the entire group globally? John 14:27
[4] What is my religion teaching me about worldly achievements? Am i happily and patiently anticipating the coming of God's Kingdom? Matthew 6:10
[5] Can members of my religion engage in any kind of protest against the authorities? Romans 13:1
[6] Am i under any obligation towards unbelievers in my neighbourhood? Matthew 10:11-13
[7] Does the teachings in my religion promotes fearlessness? Matthew 10:28; John 11:25-26
[8] As a religionist am i free to practice hooliganism? 1Peter 3:15
[9] How many times have members of my religion been involved in cases due to lack of self discipline? 2Timothy 2:15

The above 9 questions will help each person know if his/her religion befits what could rightly be called Christianity!

After considering the first three questions, i realized some twenty six years ago that Islam can't be the group Jesus talked about, that's why i began searching for Jesus' GROUP though it took me 18 years more before i said goodbye to Islam. smiley

Tcwork:

Nice write up.
But still there has to be more.
This writeup could easily represent any church.
In fact if I was given the writeup and asked which church it reflects it was be hard to reply.
And like you said the fruits of the spirit are not unique to any organization.
So please if there is more to share I am listening.
At least, I need to see the difference.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? by Jman24(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tcwork:

I am never emotional. What is the next question

Tcwork:

But same Bible recorded that jesus(your supposed creator) urged the accomplice of murder(Judas) to do what he has to do quickly. Is he playing double standards by laying a curse on him initially and luring him into it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

How To Worship Goddess Artemis / ~^"who Is Pastor T.b Joshua's Mentor~'^? / Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.